Ferrari F2012 - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4054 replies to this topic

#1 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:59

Continuation of the thread for discussing the Ferrari F2012. Previous thread: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=154121

Advertisement

#2 FerrariAlonso

FerrariAlonso

• 409 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:13

I would like to make the first comment in this thread. :)
As I said so many times during the winter when so many of you wrote our team off, I want to warn you Ferrari have been the best team ever in the history of motorsport and we are obliged to believe in our team whatever happens.

Edited by FerrariAlonso, 01 June 2012 - 12:14.

#3 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,333 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:38

If you want to be blind it is your call.

#4 Skellen

Skellen

• 513 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:46

If you want to be blind it is your call.

If you want to compare strong belief in the team you support to the state of being blind it is your call.

#5 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,780 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:48

@Mackey, I characterise winning pace with not the pace of the race winner, but pace meaning you can challenge for the win properly.

Alonso spent the entire race at Barcelona no more than 3secs off the leader apart from pits, and you cannot deny that he had the chance to take the win. So did Kimi, so I say the cars with the pace in Spain were the Williams, Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren.

In Monaco, I believe the Mercedes was the fastest there, and Ferrari also had the pace along with RedBull.

#6 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 2,145 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:22

In Monaco, I believe the Mercedes was the fastest there, and Ferrari also had the pace along with RedBull.

Nobody showd his true pace at Monaco.

#7 juandiego

juandiego

• 404 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:32

The Lotus and Williams looked like race winning pace.
Another sector and Kimi would've zipped past Alonso.

Hi makroncommander.

That's why I think we should not be so sure on the alleged tyre management superiority of Ferrari. Ferrari has also had very bad stints in comparison to others and this was not long ago: the last stint you mention in Spain and against a Lotus which supposedly isn't brilliant on this matter of tyre management (see Kimi in Monaco) and Maldonado's Williams. Last stints in Australia and Malaysia also come to my mind; not to mention Massa's general problems with tyres.

Everyone seems to have had their ups and downs dealing with tyres. Ferrari seems to make up for its ultimate speed deficit by managing the tyres in race trim but whether it's a more or less solved matter remains to be seen. I'm confident, though; I guess that hiring Hamashima must have meant —or will end up meaning— a differential improvement on this area: the guy is an eminence on tyres, it seems.

Edited by juandiego, 01 June 2012 - 16:35.

#8 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 18:51

Scuderia Ferrari Racing News n8

http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-u

#9 OO7

OO7

• 23,401 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 19:25

Scuderia Ferrari Racing News n8

http://www.youtube.c...feature=g-all-u

:up: Cheers CrucialXtreme, I enjoyed that.

#10 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 19:28

I'm confident Ferrari now have a good car. Alonso would've won at Monaco had Ferrari kept him out for a few more laps, he was setting purple sectors while Webber and Rosberg had trouble getting heat in their tyres. Even Massa, who's been struggling like crazy since 2011, was on the pace last Sunday, finishing just 6.2 seconds behind the lead. Track position is king at Monaco, and had Ferrari not screwed up Felipe on his Q3 lap, he'd likely be up there on the podium. :cool:

Therefore, Ferrari were simply on the pace at Monte Carlo. :up:

#11 SCEPurple

SCEPurple

• 326 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 21:29

I'm confident Ferrari now have a good car. Alonso would've won at Monaco had Ferrari kept him out for a few more laps, he was setting purple sectors while Webber and Rosberg had trouble getting heat in their tyres. Even Massa, who's been struggling like crazy since 2011, was on the pace last Sunday, finishing just 6.2 seconds behind the lead. Track position is king at Monaco, and had Ferrari not screwed up Felipe on his Q3 lap, he'd likely be up there on the podium. :cool:

Therefore, Ferrari were simply on the pace at Monte Carlo. :up:

Yep I agree, very much fearing this for 2 reasons:

1) A good car in the hands of Fernando is absolutely a WDC winning combination

2) Felipe Massa having a car he can put high on the grid makes me very nervous as a Mclaren supporter!

#12 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 22:10

The Canada update is gonna be important. Plenty of slow corner, long straight tracks coming up.

#13 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,606 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 22:49

The Canada update is gonna be important. Plenty of slow corner, long straight tracks coming up.

Yup that's my opinion too. If the Canada update is a good step forward and we can genuinely fight for victory/fight for the podium then it's game on for the championship!

I just booked a trip to Silverstone for this year, think we'll be strong there? I hope so!! I saw Alonso win Monza 2010 and I'd love to see him win another one!

#14 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 23:05

Yup that's my opinion too. If the Canada update is a good step forward and we can genuinely fight for victory/fight for the podium then it's game on for the championship!

I just booked a trip to Silverstone for this year, think we'll be strong there? I hope so!! I saw Alonso win Monza 2010 and I'd love to see him win another one!

The F2012 has what it takes to win in silverstone, which is high speed downforce :up:

#15 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:08

You are confusing inconsistent driving with inconsistent cars. For most of the season at least 1 team mate from the main teams has been very fast and competitive, the problem is that rarely have both been on the pace at the same time, because of the difficulty to be consistent with these regulations, which is the only reason Alonso has not been consistently finishing 7th -8th. These regulations play to the strengths of drivers who are most consistent. Ferrari are so lucky this is not 2010 where it was very easy to be consistent, and harder to make the difference.

Maybe you're confusing inconsistent cars with inconsistent driving. Driving is a byproduct of the car that you are in. Maybe a driver is delivering inconsistent results because of a inconsistent car in terms of tyre wear and tyre heating. If a car (Red Bull/McLaren) leads to a different team mate taking points each weekend, while Alonso and F2012 is consistently in the same position, then the F2012 is a more consistent car and therefore the better car.

I don't know what you're motive is for playing the F2012 down, maybe you want to revise history at the end of the season or glorify Alonso, but the stats place Alonso at the top of the WDC, if the F2012 was so bad 4th/5th car he would not be leading the WDC right now and that's something that even you can't refute.

Even Alonso/Ferrari thinks they are in a good position for the rest of the season, why would they publicly state that if they knew the car was "just in front of midfield". :drunk:

Edited by F1Champion, 02 June 2012 - 09:09.

#16 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,570 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:07

Why was a new thread started? I went looking for the original thread and found it still locked. A cleanup would have sufficed.

#17 kissTheApex

kissTheApex

• 635 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:23

Why was a new thread started? I went looking for the original thread and found it still locked. A cleanup would have sufficed.

I was wondering the same thing but seeing that it was done for pretty much all threads that are fairly long, I tought it was in an effort to ease the load on the BB database.

#18 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:46

To quote Gilles4Ever in another thread yesterday: http://forums.autosp...w...t&p=5751234

"As with the previous version of the forum software we have been requested to keep threads to a manageable size, so we will be closing all threads when they get to around 4000 posts and if required starting new ones labled Part II, Part III etc. Appologies if this causes any problems."

#19 mcguin

mcguin

• 157 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 20:33

Maybe you're confusing inconsistent cars with inconsistent driving. Driving is a byproduct of the car that you are in. Maybe a driver is delivering inconsistent results because of a inconsistent car in terms of tyre wear and tyre heating. If a car (Red Bull/McLaren) leads to a different team mate taking points each weekend, while Alonso and F2012 is consistently in the same position, then the F2012 is a more consistent car and therefore the better car.

I don't know what you're motive is for playing the F2012 down, maybe you want to revise history at the end of the season or glorify Alonso, but the stats place Alonso at the top of the WDC, if the F2012 was so bad 4th/5th car he would not be leading the WDC right now and that's something that even you can't refute.

Even Alonso/Ferrari thinks they are in a good position for the rest of the season, why would they publicly state that if they knew the car was "just in front of midfield". :drunk:

Well that would be true if drivers were an identical engineered piece of machinery... for now I would assume they're not (mmm... well maybe schumacher...), so I don't know which car is better/faster/whatever...

Advertisement

#20 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 23:43

If the car was inconsistent, it would not consistently be a front runner, like the Redbull and Mclaren,lotus are at every track. The inconsistency is coming from the drivers, who are unable to adapt to the different tracks, and conditions, that is not the cars fault because it is performing at every track, that is proven. The Ferrari has clearly been more inconsistent than those teams, just look at the results from both drivers, which have been all over the place, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Redbull and Mclaren and Lotus cars have always been fast.

if the F2012 was so bad 4th/5th car he would not be leading the WDC right now and that's something that even you can't refute.

The majority of the F1 world refutes that because its been abundantly clear that the Ferrari has been at least the 5th best team this year. The fact that you cannot grasp Alonso leading the world championship in such a car, does not change that fact.

#21 ascension

ascension

• 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:07

It hasn't been very easy for Ferrari, but not very hard either.. They have some issues they need to work on as a team.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

• 2,453 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:40

Monaco is always a lottery.i believe we can't judge how fast the cars were there.

#23 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:40

If the car was inconsistent, it would not consistently be a front runner, like the Redbull and Mclaren,lotus are at every track. The inconsistency is coming from the drivers, who are unable to adapt to the different tracks, and conditions, that is not the cars fault because it is performing at every track, that is proven. The Ferrari has clearly been more inconsistent than those teams, just look at the results from both drivers, which have been all over the place, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Redbull and Mclaren and Lotus cars have always been fast.

The majority of the F1 world refutes that because its been abundantly clear that the Ferrari has been at least the 5th best team this year. The fact that you cannot grasp Alonso leading the world championship in such a car, does not change that fact.

I'm sorry you're statement just proves that you're trying to revise history and place Alonso on a pedestal. Are you reading what you write?? The drivers know the tracks they aren't rookies, and the conditions aren't any different to what they have experienced before, the drivers have stated that they cannot switch on the tyres, why? Because of the cars that they are in. Do you think that these WDC drivers are suddenly driving inconsistently for a reason? Or have forgotten how to drive an F1 car properly? Their inconsistency is coming from the cars, do you honestly think that they have forgotten how to perform? Performance comes from the car that you are in. Also where have Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus always been fast? Red Bull were nowhere in Malaysia and Spain; McLaren were nowhere in Malaysia, Bahrain and didn't look quick at Monaco; Lotus weren't quick in Australia, Malaysia or Monaco. But hey let's not blame the cars. Ferrari aren't great in qualifying, maybe that's why you place them so low but they are there in the race when it counts.
Ferrari is clearly more inconsistent than those teams yet their driver is leading the WDC?? :drunk:
Ferrari are doing a great job in developing their car and you keep playing them down. I have stated that Alonso is driving well, but give credit to the team where credit is due.

I'm sorry I'm not responding to you in the future on this.

#24 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,780 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:21

Watching the 2007 season review, and I have never noticed it before, but that F2007 is a fantastic looking car, and it brilliant in putting the hammer down during pit time.
F2012 in Monaco reminded me of that, and Kimi owning McLarens in the outs in those days.
I hope there is more to come, I think definitely, the Ferrari team is winning the development race, and I think there is a fairly big package for Montreal, so I hope it works.

Also fun fact, the last time Alonso was sole leader of the WDC after, Monaco, he won the WDC.

#25 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 14:06

I'm sorry you're statement just proves that you're trying to revise history and place Alonso on a pedestal. Are you reading what you write?? The drivers know the tracks they aren't rookies, and the conditions aren't any different to what they have experienced before, the drivers have stated that they cannot switch on the tyres, why? Because of the cars that they are in. Do you think that these WDC drivers are suddenly driving inconsistently for a reason? Or have forgotten how to drive an F1 car properly? Their inconsistency is coming from the cars, do you honestly think that they have forgotten how to perform?

The tyres are making it harder to be consistent, but that does not mean, its not the drivers fault for not being able to adapt. They have not forgotten how to perform , its simply much harder to do it consistently. Lets take Mclaren for example, how can you blame the car when Hamilton got pole at Spain, while Button qualified 10th? You simply cannot because the car proved it had pace, but Button failed to unlock it. That is the story of the season for most of the drivers. Vettel and Webber and Monaco. Was the car inconsistent? Not for Webber. An inconsistent car is when its maximum performance one race is 9th, and the next race 3rd. That is the story of Ferrari, not the main top teams this season. You are clearly trying to revise history because you refuse to accept how well Alonso has performed this season.

Performance comes from the car that you are in. Also where have Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus always been fast? Red Bull were nowhere in Malaysia and Spain; McLaren were nowhere in Malaysia, Bahrain and didn't look quick at Monaco; Lotus weren't quick in Australia, Malaysia or Monaco. But hey let's not blame the cars. Ferrari aren't great in qualifying, maybe that's why you place them so low but they are there in the race when it counts.
Ferrari is clearly more inconsistent than those teams yet their driver is leading the WDC?? :drunk: Ferrari are doing a great job in developing their car and you keep playing them down. I have stated that Alonso is driving well, but give credit to the team where credit is due.

Performance also comes from the drivers in the cars, a concept you clearly are not able to grasp. Mclaren were not not quick in Bahrain? Hamilton was on the front row and would have finished 3rd without the team errors? Lotus not quick in Australia? Rookie Grosjean qualified 3rd on the grid. You have no idea at all.

I'm sorry I'm not responding to you in the future on this.

Considering you are so wrong I don't blame you.

#26 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 15:17

The tyres are making it harder to be consistent, but that does not mean, its not the drivers fault for not being able to adapt. They have not forgotten how to perform , its simply much harder to do it consistently. Lets take Mclaren for example, how can you blame the car when Hamilton got pole at Spain, while Button qualified 10th? You simply cannot because the car proved it had pace, but Button failed to unlock it. That is the story of the season for most of the drivers. Vettel and Webber and Monaco. Was the car inconsistent? Not for Webber. An inconsistent car is when its maximum performance one race is 9th, and the next race 3rd. That is the story of Ferrari, not the main top teams this season. You are clearly trying to revise history because you refuse to accept how well Alonso has performed this season.

Performance also comes from the drivers in the cars, a concept you clearly are not able to grasp. Mclaren were not not quick in Bahrain? Hamilton was on the front row and would have finished 3rd without the team errors? Lotus not quick in Australia? Rookie Grosjean qualified 3rd on the grid. You have no idea at all.

Considering you are so wrong I don't blame you.

Your constant negativity is amusing. For instance you claim McLaren has always been fast which is wrong. You're confusing their qualifying pace with their race pace and there's clearly a large difference between the two. They weren't very quick in Malaysia, Bahrain, Spain nor Monaco. Their car has been consistently fast in Quali but not so in the race which is what counts. Red Bull & Lotus haven't been consistently fast in all the races either.
In fact one of the two most consistent cars all season has been one of the Ferrari's. The other is Lewis. But for some reason you're caught up on Qualifying, which gives no points. I'd focus on that too if I was wrong.

You only want to bash the F2012 and say its slower than RB, McLaren, Mercedes, Lotus, Williams & Sauber which is untrue. The fact is that since Mugello the F2012 is much improved and is one of the more competitive cars. The F2012 has been in the top 5 quickest cars in all 3 sectors of the last two races. Quicker in many sectors than many of the cars you say are quicker. Sure the F2012's Quali pace is behind many of the others but in the race the car is competitive with the best of them.

If you could get past your desire to diminish the F2012's performance & look at the data you would see what 99% of the paddock already know, the F2012 is much improved and is one of the more competitive cars on the grid.

#27 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 16:19

Your constant negativity is amusing. For instance you claim McLaren has always been fast which is wrong. You're confusing their qualifying pace with their race pace and there's clearly a large difference between the two. They weren't very quick in Malaysia, Bahrain, Spain nor Monaco. Their car has been consistently fast in Quali but not so in the race which is what counts. Red Bull & Lotus haven't been consistently fast in all the races either.
In fact one of the two most consistent cars all season has been one of the Ferrari's. The other is Lewis. But for some reason you're caught up on Qualifying, which gives no points. I'd focus on that too if I was wrong.

You only want to bash the F2012 and say its slower than RB, McLaren, Mercedes, Lotus, Williams & Sauber which is untrue. The fact is that since Mugello the F2012 is much improved and is one of the more competitive cars. The F2012 has been in the top 5 quickest cars in all 3 sectors of the last two races. Quicker in many sectors than many of the cars you say are quicker. Sure the F2012's Quali pace is behind many of the others but in the race the car is competitive with the best of them.

If you could get past your desire to diminish the F2012's performance & look at the data you would see what 99% of the paddock already know, the F2012 is much improved and is one of the more competitive cars on the grid.

:up: THX for THIS!!! Sun is shining in this thread!

#28 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 19:03

Watching the 2007 season review, and I have never noticed it before, but that F2007 is a fantastic looking car, and it brilliant in putting the hammer down during pit time.
F2012 in Monaco reminded me of that, and Kimi owning McLarens in the outs in those days.
I hope there is more to come, I think definitely, the Ferrari team is winning the development race, and I think there is a fairly big package for Montreal, so I hope it works.

Also fun fact, the last time Alonso was sole leader of the WDC after, Monaco, he won the WDC.

Thats a nice fact that I would love to repeat itself this year. In the last couple of years the update Ferrari brought to Canada has always worked well, it would be great to see Alonso win it to really consolidate his championship position!

#29 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 19:16

Thats a nice fact that I would love to repeat itself this year. In the last couple of years the update Ferrari brought to Canada has always worked well, it would be great to see Alonso win it to really consolidate his championship position!

The good thing is that Webber and Vettel, which are tied in points behind Alonso drive for RedBull, one of the cars that is having a way worse top speed than the Ferrari this year...

Also, its odd that both the cars with the lowest topspeeds are leading the WDC :rotfl:

#30 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 19:30

Watching the 2007 season review, and I have never noticed it before, but that F2007 is a fantastic looking car,

Indeed! The F2007 has been my favourite Ferrari in terms of looks, that cherry-red colour was fantastic.

#31 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:41

The good thing is that Webber and Vettel, which are tied in points behind Alonso drive for RedBull, one of the cars that is having a way worse top speed than the Ferrari this year...

Also, its odd that both the cars with the lowest topspeeds are leading the WDC :rotfl:

As has been said before though, top speed isn't necessarily indicative of the average speed over the length of a straight.

#32 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 16:50

AutoSprint reports that the original exhaust/Acer Ducts similar to what was tested in Mugello on the first day with Fernando will be tested in Montreal. Obviously the first solution where the exhaust gasses go to the floor to help seal the diffuser provide the most downforce. Will be interesting in seeing which solution is decided upon.

http://www.auto.it/a...0...chi "nuovi"

#33 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,153 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 16:57

Haha love this photo.. Seems like they always do this routine.

Posted Image

#34 Aerosoul

Aerosoul

• 87 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:35

AutoSprint reports that the original exhaust/Acer Ducts similar to what was tested in Mugello on the first day with Fernando will be tested in Montreal. Obviously the first solution where the exhaust gasses go to the floor to help seal the diffuser provide the most downforce. Will be interesting in seeing which solution is decided upon.

said somewhere that it was promising in the tunnel but not in real life

#35 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:43

said somewhere that it was promising in the tunnel but not in real life

Pat Fry said that they(Ferrari) have a much better understanding of the exhaust now. They're not simulating the exhaust in the wind tunnel so I would think they like what they see now in CFD. I'm sure there will be other bits alongside this exhaust that will be tried in Montreal so it could indeed provide a performance increase to the F2012. They developed the latest exhaust so I think it's safe to say they don't have all of their eggs in one basket, but I think in the next few races it's time to concentrate on one solution. Anyhow if they're re-introducing the Acer Ducts as AutoSprint reports I have to think they feel a certain degree of confidence in what they've changed and it should help. Worse case scenario they revert back to Spain/Monaco Spec.

#36 Lemans

Lemans

• 2,739 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:49

Thanks Crucial. Interesting.
It says the original type exhausts (returning for Montreal) make better downforce but cause a power loss. It must mean it makes quite a lot of downforce if they are willing to sacrifice some horsepower on a track like Montreal.

#37 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 17:58

It says the original type exhausts (returning for Montreal) make better downforce but cause a power loss. It must mean it makes quite a lot of downforce if they are willing to sacrifice some horsepower on a track like Montreal.

But if they can achieve downforce from it, which will have a very good low drag/downforce ratio, they could run less wing and make up for the power loss.

Still, I wonder how the exhaust position can make the engine lose power, any experts in the room?

#38 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 18:02

Yes it's very interesting because many, myself included thought the whole Acer Duct config was a large source of drag. Something obviously not needed in Canada. But just because they're going that direction doesn't mean other things won't have changed. Plus as much as we thought the Acer Ducts induced lots of drag, it's hard to tell through eyeball CFD. :lol:

I have to think that they have a good grasp on the car and know what's best for it. So if they reintroduce the Acer Ducts it will be for good reason.

#39 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 11,796 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 18:18

Yes it's very interesting because many, myself included thought the whole Acer Duct config was a large source of drag. Something obviously not needed in Canada. But just because they're going that direction doesn't mean other things won't have changed. Plus as much as we thought the Acer Ducts induced lots of drag, it's hard to tell through eyeball CFD. :lol:

I have to think that they have a good grasp on the car and know what's best for it. So if they reintroduce the Acer Ducts it will be for good reason.

Well you wrote yourself that according to Autosprint they would test it. Does not necessarily mean they intend to run it in qualifying and race in Montreal.

Advertisement

#40 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,780 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 18:22

Isn't that what Pat Fry said last week? Hopefully they have got it right this time.

#41 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 18:25

Well you wrote yourself that according to Autosprint they would test it. Does not necessarily mean they intend to run it in qualifying and race in Montreal.

Yeah for sure. I just thought honestly when Fry mentioned new exhaust versions that he was referring to the old style. I honestly thought it might move more towards McLaren/Sauber type solution. It doesn't matter what it is to me, as long as it works. :up:

Isn't that what Pat Fry said last week? Hopefully they have got it right this time.

Indeed, just didn't think we'd see the Acer Ducts of old again. I agree I hope it's right this time. Something tells me it is. :D

#42 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,780 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 19:30

Yeah for sure. I just thought honestly when Fry mentioned new exhaust versions that he was referring to the old style. I honestly thought it might move more towards McLaren/Sauber type solution. It doesn't matter what it is to me, as long as it works. :up:

Indeed, just didn't think we'd see the Acer Ducts of old again. I agree I hope it's right this time. Something tells me it is. :D

The article makes it seem that it is the Jerez one, not the one used in the first day of Mugello.
Crucial, do you think they will try to incorporate this into the sidpods used in the last few races, or will it be exactly how it was before?

#43 bernardv

bernardv

• 296 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 19:31

I hope it's something effective and inventive, that's just as important! You don't end up on top by copying others.

#44 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 19:36

The article makes it seem that it is the Jerez one, not the one used in the first day of Mugello.
Crucial, do you think they will try to incorporate this into the sidpods used in the last few races, or will it be exactly how it was before?

I think when they speak of it as the "Jerez spec" they basically mean what we saw in Mugello. For the average person it's easier to think of it this way because they tried 3 different spec exhausts in Mugello. But it's a good question mate. I suspect the sidepods will be closer to the new design than the old. I think we'll see a slightly different arrangement than what was used in Jerez and the first 4 races.

@bernardv agree 110% mate! Forza Ferrari :up:

Edited by CrucialXtreme, 04 June 2012 - 19:36.

#45 CroatiaALONSOfanclub

CroatiaALONSOfanclub

• 63 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 20:35

If exhaust works there shoud be floor and diffusor that work in collaboration whit exhaust and step that is expected is as big as in Spain!!!

Edited by CroatiaALONSOfanclub, 04 June 2012 - 20:36.

#46 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 21:03

Posted Image

One minute of silence today at the factory for the victims of the earthquake in Emilia region...
via Scuderia Ferrari
@InsideFerrari

#47 TIFOlonSO

TIFOlonSO

• 478 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:13

Possible showers for sunday and a dry qualifying to be expected.
http://f1weather.com...early-forecast/

I expect more than a simple podium! :smoking:
Well, at least the F2012 should be within the 3 fastest teams.

#48 BestCarWins

BestCarWins

• 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:09

I'm a bit surprised to hear of the possible return of the acer ducts - one can only imagine Gary Anderson's likely reaction to that on the BBC if true!

Whatever Ferrari do I hope it works and they are challenging for the win in Canada.

#49 walkindude

walkindude

• 867 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:23

I have a feeling Ferrari know what they are doing?

#50 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,780 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:34

I'm a bit surprised to hear of the possible return of the acer ducts - one can only imagine Gary Anderson's likely reaction to that on the BBC if true!

Whatever Ferrari do I hope it works and they are challenging for the win in Canada.

I would wanna see the reaction if they work, and a EBD style trick!
Would put many in their places!
But remember, it may not be raced in Montreal, and it could be different to anything we have seen so far.
I don't think anyone was expecting the exhaust like what they got in Mugello, it was either Sauber like, or acer duct, but they went Mercedes like.

P.S. Alonso and Felipe are pretty confident about their chances. :up:
http://www.ferrari.c...-of-gilles.aspx

http://www.ferrari.c...fident-now.aspx

Edited by SCUDmissile, 05 June 2012 - 11:42.