Photo

Mark Webber - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1038 replies to this topic

#651 joshb

joshb

• 3,190 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:09

Considering the problem is FP3 and his first run in Q3, that was a very impressive last lap.

Advertisement

#652 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:10

Well done webbo :up: :up:

#653 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:12

Well done webbo :up: :up:

Yup. Excellent lap! :up:

Now if the two of them can get through turn 1 safely tomorrow, in whatever order, I'd be happy.

#654 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:23

Well done by Mark. A fine run which jsut earned him the pole. Now I hope that Grosjean is far away enough.

#655 gowebber

gowebber

• 399 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:26

Hahha fk yeah! Fkin wrapped for Mark. What a great lap! How fast was he through the T7/T8 switchback, untouchable. Lol at Vettel sooking on the radio to ROcky. Precisely one the reasons why I'm not a fan of his! Great stuff Mark!! Good luck for the race!

Edited by gowebber, 13 October 2012 - 06:26.

#656 LukeM

LukeM

• 960 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:33

the question now is at what point do RBR sabotage him now. Screw his start revs so he bogs? Slow pitstop? Overnight gearbox change? Engine carks it? endless possibilities :rotfl:

#657 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,412 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:48

Hahha fk yeah! Fkin wrapped for Mark. What a great lap! How fast was he through the T7/T8 switchback, untouchable. Lol at Vettel sooking on the radio to ROcky. Precisely one the reasons why I'm not a fan of his! Great stuff Mark!! Good luck for the race!

I thought he was perfect through the T11-12 section! Great to have Webber on pole! I think he needed that. Front row again, this time on pole!

#658 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:51

Great job Mark!

:up:

#659 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,342 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:53

Great pole, too bad that he has zero chances to keep P1 by lap 2, but it's understandable with the title in play.

Advertisement

#660 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,415 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:55

Great pole, too bad that he has zero chances to keep P1 by lap 2, but it's understandable with the title in play.

I wouldn't be so sure. Vettel is not far off but has a car miles faster than alonso for probs remainder of the season. I really would be surprised to see red bull ask him to move over from a winning position. Vettel is pretty fast on long run pace anyway compared to webber so I think they will just race it out and not do anything stupid.

#661 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:15

I wouldn't be so sure. Vettel is not far off but has a car miles faster than alonso for probs remainder of the season. I really would be surprised to see red bull ask him to move over from a winning position. Vettel is pretty fast on long run pace anyway compared to webber so I think they will just race it out and not do anything stupid.

I hope they let them race. I'm not a big fan of team orders in the form of letting your teammate pass.

#662 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,415 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:17

I could see them asking webber to not overtake vettel, but don't think they are at the stage yet where they will have to ask him to move over from a win.

#663 apoka

apoka

• 3,479 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18

I wouldn't be so sure. Vettel is not far off but has a car miles faster than alonso for probs remainder of the season.

I'm not even sure Vettel has the faster car tomorow. Let alone predicting the rest of the season.

I really would be surprised to see red bull ask him to move over from a winning position. Vettel is pretty fast on long run pace anyway compared to webber so I think they will just race it out and not do anything stupid.

They will probably tell them not to race each other too hard and hope the problem will be resolved by Vettel's better long run pace. It only gets interesting if they are still close in the last laps, since every point could make the difference in WDC.

#664 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:21

Mark's first concern should be to not do yet another awful start.

Edited by EvanRainer, 13 October 2012 - 07:21.

#665 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,412 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:24

His starts have been from "OK" to "very good" lately. Let's see tomorrow, 'cause with this being brought up, the paranoia can kick in!

#666 smoothcrim

smoothcrim

• 426 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:25

Webbers championship is over anyway,he will need to drive away from Vettel if he wants to win.

#667 gramsy1977

gramsy1977

• 212 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:26

If he's still ahead of Vettel by turn 1, I can see him having a KERS problem at some point. If he's already behind, his DRS might not work properly.

#668 Zava

Zava

• 4,954 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:28

If he's still ahead of Vettel by turn 1, I can see him having a KERS problem at some point. If he's already behind, his DRS might not work properly.

and if he wins, the conspiracy theories might not work properly.

#669 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,646 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:32

Gah, first qualy session I've missed this year !!! Maybe I should sit the race out too?

What was the whinge Vettel had over the radio mentioned before?

#670 gramsy1977

gramsy1977

• 212 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:33

Sorry but history says otherwise. As much as I hate team orders (Ferrari-Germany) I also hate hidding behind our own finger. Hearing Vettel complain today, after what happened in Suzuka, was a knock at the head. He will leave nothing to chance. I like Webber a lot and I would love to be wrong.

#671 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,415 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:34

yeaht's getting a bit much. Pole position and there are already pre emptive conspiracy strikes :lol:

just be happy for today people :wave:

#672 mymemoryfails

mymemoryfails

• 293 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:39

true but the conspiracy theorists don't think will be allowed to win,
most of anti conspiratists (?) don't think Webber can win

I'm just hoping for a Webber win

Would like to see Horner explain the RB philosophy for Korea before the race

:)
mymemoryfails

#673 Topsu

Topsu

• 724 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:39

Yay, Mark :clap:

#674 mymemoryfails

mymemoryfails

• 293 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:44

Gah, first qualy session I've missed this year !!! Maybe I should sit the race out too?

What was the whinge Vettel had over the radio mentioned before?

Vettel complained - sooky " Why didn't you tell/warn me about Massa?" (a bit of a hold up in sector 1 - never shown or explained)
Rocky in response - firmly - " what did you want me to say?" :evil:

mymemoryfails

#675 gramsy1977

gramsy1977

• 212 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:48

Vettel complained - sooky " Why didn't you tell/warn me about Massa?" (a bit of a hold up in sector 1 - never shown or explained)

mymemoryfails

I think he complained that he didn't have a decent sector 1 at his fast lap because he found Massa at sector 3 of his warm-up lap.

#676 mymemoryfails

mymemoryfails

• 293 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:49

yeaht's getting a bit much. Pole position and there are already pre emptive conspiracy strikes :lol:

just be happy for today people :wave:

How does that song go?

Today is all we've got ... tomorrow is yesterday once more....

(For yesterday substitute Kers... or DRS... or pitwall strategy.... or ... or..)

Actually you're right, it is hard not to be happy today

mymemoryfails

#677 dreamer

dreamer

• 511 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:52

Good job today

#678 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:53

Well, Mark has chances to win the WDC. Then RB must respect it as I asked the same in 2010. Equally for both.

The problem is all those ones who claimed RB should gave preference to Mark in 2010 because Seb was far on the WDC...

Now they must think the same, isnĀ“it?

Well done from Mark, he was superfast today and deserved this pole position! Nice to see him back.

Edited by Alarcon, 13 October 2012 - 07:53.

#679 bourbon

bourbon

• 5,899 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:58

Congrats @ Mark :up:

Advertisement

#680 JDo

JDo

• 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:44

Awesome job today Mark, we'll deserved.

#681 karne

karne

• 2,040 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51

the question now is at what point do RBR sabotage him now. Screw his start revs so he bogs? Slow pitstop? Overnight gearbox change? Engine carks it? endless possibilities :rotfl:

I reckon it'll be a good old-fashioned KERS failure on the warmup lap to ensure he gets mugged into T1 no matter how well he jumps.

I hope they let them race. I'm not a big fan of team orders in the form of letting your teammate pass.

:up:

I could see them asking webber to not overtake vettel, but don't think they are at the stage yet where they will have to ask him to move over from a win.

And I can hear Mark's response now. It contains a couple of expletives.

Mark's first concern should be to not do yet another awful start.

Actually, his starts ever since Monaco have been amazing. The start in Suzuka was his first iffy one in ages.

Webbers championship is over anyway,he will need to drive away from Vettel if he wants to win.

Don't think so pal.

I was on the ice skating when Mark shot for pole! Maybe I should do that every weekend?

mymemoryfails

In otherwords, the poor little baby started crying when he realised he wasn't good enough today.

Good lord, it's so predictable. Mark beats him - Vettel starts crying and throws the toys out of the pram. Yeesh. What a pathetic brat.

#682 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 1,663 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 13:43

In otherwords, the poor little baby started crying when he realised he wasn't good enough today.

Good lord, it's so predictable. Mark beats him - Vettel starts crying and throws the toys out of the pram. Yeesh. What a pathetic brat.

not bad for a number 2 driver, now that's an adult response.

really try to get a life, Vettel never said Massa cost him pole, he said his sector 2 wasn't good enough. Stop seeing what you so desperately want to see.l

#683 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 13:48

not bad for a number 2 driver, now that's an adult response.

really try to get a life, Vettel never said Massa cost him pole, he said his sector 2 wasn't good enough. Stop seeing what you so desperately want to see.l

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103372

"I don't want to blame it on Felipe because I thought he was coming in," said Vettel. "He stayed out so I had to back off, and the second lap was not good enough."

He added: "I don't like all these discussions. We had a lot of them lately, these things happen."

"It is not Felipe's fault. I should have known earlier. If anything it was my mistake. I am not a fan of blaming anyone or anything for the result.

"I am happy with the result in the end."

#684 Zava

Zava

• 4,954 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:01

I reckon it'll be a good old-fashioned KERS failure on the warmup lap to ensure he gets mugged into T1 no matter how well he jumps.

yeah, because it is good for the team if Webber finishes behind Alonso (&Hamilton) :rolleyes:

#685 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 446 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:03

Hah why all the sabotage theories :D Too many different scenarios in the start so it's safer to do the switch later in the race IF they decide to do so. If Webber manages to pull a gap, it's him who will take the win.

There's no way they should do anything else than usually in the start. For example Vettel could fail the start and stuff. To make the switch effective they need atleast 1,2 positions + Hamilton in P3 would be extra. Will be interesting to see how it goes :smoking:

#686 bub

bub

• 1,943 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:46

Good job from Mark. Hope he can maintain this form.

#687 InvertedLift

InvertedLift

• 185 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:07

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that Marks starts have been decent since Monaco (in terms of getting off the line) except for the one race he starts on the front row next to finger boy?

Maybe he's over-eager to get in front of him and that compromises him?

Maybe some other reason...

#688 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,044 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:28

....ordinary start in Japan,first corner is going to be messy if he does that today as Alonso's car is a rocket from a standing start.

Fingers crossed he has some good luck for a change.

#689 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,623 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:11

I thought I'd drop in to see the usual entertaining posts in Webber-land, but ... no conspiracy theories, no Karne meltdown , ... I'm disappointed in you folks.

#690 wattoroos

wattoroos

• 1,044 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:20

I thought I'd drop in to see the usual entertaining posts in Webber-land, but ... no conspiracy theories, no Karne meltdown , ... I'm disappointed in you folks.

He drove decently today,but Vettel deserved it, he was the better driver today, hopefully next race he can get in front of Seb.

#691 Crossmax

Crossmax

• 983 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:33

Great race by Mark today. :up: He showed what could've been in Japan one week ago had it not been for the incident. Fair play at the start too.

#692 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,415 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:35

yep, although I don't think he pushed vettel as hard as he would have it it had been someone else, I doubt he would have had enough to beat him. His only chance would have been vettel being held up in the first lap.

The fastest lap battle between these two is funny sometimes though.

#693 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 14:38

He could not keep up with his teammate in the race, but showed finally a great form in Q3. All in all a good race, I was quite worried about the tyre wear and the race pace on the supersofts and softs. Thankfully it ended with a fantastic 1-2.

#694 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,412 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 16:01

Strong weekend overall! Very encouraging.

#695 joshb

joshb

• 3,190 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:01

Sadly (for him), it was a missed chance today. Personally it would have been a bit of a steal but a normal Mark qualy lap would've got it there.

#696 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,412 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:04

..yes, it would, but in a way it's great that pole has been a real possibility for him for a good few races now. I hope he'll snatch the lead tomorrow, returning the favour from Korea.

#697 smoothcrim

smoothcrim

• 426 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:13

Damn shame he got hamilton his his way on the warm up,he had vettels measure today i reckon.Should be a good race :)

#698 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:19

In the last Q3 it went well for him in this Q3 it went well for his teammate. He has been now quite close in the last Q3s which is very important for him and the team.

#699 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,283 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:03

Sadly (for him), it was a missed chance today. Personally it would have been a bit of a steal but a normal Mark qualy lap would've got it there.

How do you mean, a normal Webbo quali lap would have cut it? It was already a very good one, there was about nothing between them and it's hard to beat Vettel on a dry saturday. The mistake in the replay wasn't from his fastest lap, iirc.

Edited by Jejking, 27 October 2012 - 11:03.

Advertisement

#700 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:10

That's now 2 races in a row where Webber had a chance for pole in Q3 after being slower than Vettel all weekend. In Korea he made it, this time just missed it. Good 1st lap, put Vettel under quite a bit of pressure there.