• 1,254 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:05

ARE YOU F!@#&(* ING KDDING ME ???

#@^* REALLY ?

#153 gluon

gluon

• 319 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:05

When you think Mercedes can't surprise you anymore... We are now into the never seen before mechanical issues realm. :rotfl:

#154 DisruptioN

DisruptioN

• 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:07

Its a disgrace, its a ****ing disgrace

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

#155 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,254 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:08

When you think Mercedes can't surprise you anymore... We are now into the never seen before mechanical issues realm. :rotfl:

Im speechless at the number of retirements. How many freaking more retirements does one man have to bear in a season ? SWAP OR MIX OR RANDOMIZE THE GODDAMN GARAGES !!!

Edited by MaxisOne, 10 June 2012 - 19:09.

#156 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,261 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:08

Are there any hope for a Daimler bankrupt?

#157 sanW10

sanW10

• 132 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:11

thank you so much MGP!
smaller teams have better reliability than yours. wonder why its always just one car having issues. wow.

#158 Vic Vega

Vic Vega

• 197 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:12

Another horrible call by anyone watching the race knew it was way to early to bring in Schumi - well except for the team teamselves.

One should be surprised when Clear Joke makes a good call. That's the way it works in BAR Honda.

#159 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:34

Lotus and Sauber are going for podium on a MGP suited track... while MGP is nowhere.

Advertisement

#160 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:48

I'll not even mention what they did to MSC this weekend but Nico, himself, was jeopardized too in some moments. After the FP3 thing, they should have worked a better strategy as guys like Grosjean and Perez jumped Nico throught out the race

Mercedes is the silliest team in F1, nowadays.

Never ending tech problems, bad strategies and etc.

#161 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,261 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:53

Note: Britney had 1 DNF because of tech problems in the last 2 and a half season...

#162 sharo

sharo

• 1,792 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:55

"Mercedes-AMG 2012 W03"
Is there such a team?
I see only a bunch of clowns.

#163 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:56

Due to the slow topspeed Schumacher wasn't able to overtake Kobyashi/di Resta. But also some bad pit calls for Schumacher and even for Rosberg (too early second pit). Once again a mechanical failure on Schumachers car but the race was screwed up earlier already for him. Rosbergs pace was pretty good once he passed di Resta.

#164 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:00

Note: Britney had 1 DNF because of tech problems in the last 2 and a half season...

Please enlighten me how demeriting Nico somehow improves Michael's situation? I know MS has had more than a lot of bad luck but there is no need to bash NR.

#165 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,658 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:02

Only accept Mercedes cars with an even numbered VIN, otherwise you are screwed. Your dealer calls your car in too early for maintenance and you will have many strange, unexplained problems during the course of your ownership. You will also notice that a relative bought the same car and has no problem whatsoever. Needless to say, birthdays are getting more tedious over time.

#166 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:02

Please enlighten me how demeriting Nico somehow improves Michael's situation? I know MS has had more than a lot of bad luck but there is no need to bash NR.

they´re still driving for the same team (well, not really somehow) and I can´t see where he´s bashing NR in what the wrote.

#167 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:03

rofl, what does technical DNF have to do with the driver? How was he bashing NR?

#168 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:04

Haha what to say? I just don't know what to say... seeing 3 men desperately trying to 'collapse' Schumacher's rear wing just topped it.

#169 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:06

rofl, what does technical DNF have to do with the driver? How was he bashing NR?

I really don't think that calling him Britney was in a positive sense (could there be such?).

#170 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:08

I really don't think that calling him Britney was in a positive sense (could there be such?).

What does his nickname have to do with the discussion at hand?

Yeah, let's talk about something to start at flame instead something important about the team.

#171 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:12

What does his nickname have to do with the discussion at hand?

Yeah, let's talk about something to start at flame instead something important about the team.

Oukkidei, it is just that Britney is not the nickname Nico's fans or even neutral peeps use. But bygone.

MGP has a wide array of problems at store - at least they are innovative unlike say Kimi/McL combo in 2005 :) Engine failure, engine failure, engine failure...

#172 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,094 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:13

What a race :( At least eight points on the pocket for Rosberg and the team.

#173 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Mercedes performance isn't just souring Schumacher, it's really reflecting poorly on Ross Brawn. i know it isn't all down to him, but he was known for being a superb strategist and bringing (Honda) Brawn back from the dead and to glory (however that came about...) and now it's been dismal, Rosberg has faired better but really Mercedes hasn't delivered with Rosberg's car either - the win was top notch sure, but apart from Monaco which Mercedes should have won... it's been really average.

#174 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

MGP has a wide array of problems at store - at least they are innovative unlike say Kimi/McL combo in 2005 :) Engine failure, engine failure, engine failure...

Which was, coincidentally, a Mercedes engine.

#175 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:14

Which was, coincidentally, a Mercedes engine.

That's his point :p

#176 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:15

Wow that was a smart one.

Pardon for being captain obvious there. :blush:

#177 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:21

Thank you Mr Baron :)

#178 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:48

What to say , Perez started 15th and finish ahead of Nico? Car still eat tyres. RG the same thing, and saving tyres. Not the best strategy for Nico too.

Edited by ivand911, 10 June 2012 - 20:50.

#179 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:11

Hydraulic pipe came out and stuck there and prevented DRS to close?? Come from where?

Advertisement

#180 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:14

What to say , Perez started 15th and finish ahead of Nico? Car still eat tyres. RG the same thing, and saving tyres. Not the best strategy for Nico too.

Tyre degradation was no issue today on the car. Rosberg was really fast when he pitted. He pitted later than Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton in the first stint. Sauber and Lotus were able to finish with just one stop, that's why they gained so much. Since Rosberg stopped later than Alonso and Vettel, maybe a 1 stop strategy would have been possible for Rosberg too.

I just saw he didn't stop earlier than Alonso.

Edited by rog, 10 June 2012 - 22:09.

#181 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:24

Tyre degradation was no issue today on the car. Rosberg was really fast when he pitted. He pitted later than Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton in the first stint. Sauber and Lotus were able to finish with just one stop, that's why they gained so much. Since Rosberg stopped later than Alonso and Vettel, maybe a 1 stop strategy would have been possible for Rosberg too.

I don't know, there is degradation and there is wear. Car can't bring the tyres up to the temperature. What is this, not enough DF? They have the biggest RW. I know that the car couldn't fight for the win today. Lotus and Sauber could. When is getting hotter and W03 is toast.
No speed:
http://www.fia.com/e...n-race-trap.pdf
http://www.fia.com/e...race-speeds.pdf
Slow pits for MS:
http://www.fia.com/e...ace-summary.pdf

This team is real joke.
http://www.mercedes-...-strong-results

Edited by ivand911, 10 June 2012 - 21:34.

#182 malibu

malibu

• 204 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:35

The car wasn't that bad today. The first laps were awful for rosberg as he couldn't get the car going well. Maybe bad behavior on heavy fuel. After that, Rosberg was fast and the rest of his race was strong. Race position was important.

Perez was very quick with a one stop strategy. This confirms how the sauber is good in tire handling.

#183 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:40

They sacrificed topspeed for downforce/tyre degradation it seems. Maybe it has something to do with their latest upgrades, we will see this in the next races. At least their race pace improved. Rosberg was much more competitive at the end of the stint. In the last two races Quali pace was tendentially worse than race pace. It was the other way around some weeks or months ago.

#184 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,094 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:29

In the last two races Quali pace was tendentially worse than race pace. It was the other way around some weeks or months ago.

I dont know, our Monaco pace was as good as the qualifying pace. Canada was very singular, Rosberg was not able to run during the free practice on saturday. I still think Nico was capable of do a 1m13s without the saturday issue.

#185 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:44

I dont know, our Monaco pace was as good as the qualifying pace. Canada was very singular, Rosberg was not able to run during the free practice on saturday. I still think Nico was capable of do a 1m13s without the saturday issue.

Rosberg was much faster in Monaco in the second stint until Webber blocked him while in the Quali it was within a tenth. In Canada apart from the first laps struggle it was a very good race pace. He was the fastest driver in the middle of the race for a couple of laps.

#186 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:47

1m 13 impossible. That would have been the second position and 5-7 tenth faster than Michael best time in q2. Nico lost a lot of time because of the problem in fp3, but a trouble free practice would not give him that much time, you are fooling yourself. Merc didn't have the speed this weekend and Nico is normally max one tenth faster/slower than Michael especially around canada. P4 would have been the maximum and in the end he would be 6th in the race i guess like we saw. starting position today was not that important

#187 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:50

Rosberg was much faster in Monaco in the second stint until Webber blocked him while in the Quali it was within a tenth. In Canada apart from the first laps struggle it was a very good race pace. He was the fastest driver in the middle of the race for a couple of laps.

Nico posted some good laps in the middle stint. But the car was really not fast enough. Like somebody mentioned it seemed as the merc felt out of the window - very strange the speed difference in the middle

#188 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 23:02

yeah, or maybe he wouldn't improve his Q3 time at all. The point is that they woudn't challenge for pole/win here, no matter what, and most people expected them to.

Rosberg's pace wasn't bad, but it equally wasn't great compared to Lotus/Sauber and not to mention the big 3

Nico and Lewis were the only guys up front in a 2-stopper and Hamilton was miles quicker. Perez was faster than Nico even on more used tires, this is mind blowing considering the track.

I'm really curious to see what we'll be their pace in Valencia, a track not much different to Montreal. I don't have any idea of what the pecking order will be

#189 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,058 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 23:24

yeah, or maybe he wouldn't improve his Q3 time at all. The point is that they woudn't challenge for pole/win here, no matter what, and most people expected them to.

Rosberg's pace wasn't bad, but it equally wasn't great compared to Lotus/Sauber and not to mention the big 3

Nico and Lewis were the only guys up front in a 2-stopper and Hamilton was miles quicker. Perez was faster than Nico even on more used tires, this is mind blowing considering the track.

I'm really curious to see what we'll be their pace in Valencia, a track not much different to Montreal. I don't have any idea of what the pecking order will be

I am believing the worst. China was a one off and Monaco is not representative for other tracks. Mercedes struggled at the track everyone believed they will do fine. But I hate the fact that everything seems down to tire management, today it was hot and everybody knew lotus and sauber could be strong. It's not about your car and the specific car behavior that has to fit to the track it's more about which temperature do we have and how gentle does my car work with the tires.

#190 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,094 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 00:13

I dont know 1Devil1 but the issue during the saturday practice means that Rosberg was not capable of doing a proper qualifying simulation as the other drivers, and also he had to use Michael set up with a few tweaks.

Please dont misunderstand me, I think Michael would be capable of do 1m13s as well without the team mistake during his hot lap.

#191 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:09

I wonder if Mercedes have even explored the Sauber/MacLeren/Ferrari slotted exhaust exit and hole in the rear floor. Mercedes has stayed with the same concept they started with. They aren't too far off the pace at the moment and the exhaust seems like an obvious opportunity to shave a few tenths.

#192 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:19

Going to Canada with bad top speed is like going with knife to a gun battle.
I don't know what they were thinking?

About Nico fuel problems , I wouldn't be surprised if he start races with less fuel than MS and thus "better" Q results. Nico constantly save fuel. Yesterday he start to do it since lap 10? For sure they don't under fuel him, it is a strategy.

F1PitRadio ‏:Rosberg told "no fuel saving so push hard"
F1PitRadio ‏: Rosberg told to save fuel by lifting into T8, 10, and 13.

Edited by ivand911, 11 June 2012 - 08:37.

#193 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:49

I have to disagree. Hamilton was 16 seconds ahead of Rosberg after lap 13 and after the whole race it narrowed down to 13,8 seconds. Rosberg lost due to his struggle and dirty air in the first 13 laps. After that, he had a similar pace. Hamilton wasn't miles quicker.

#194 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:54

I have to disagree. Hamilton was 16 seconds ahead of Rosberg after lap 13 and after the whole race it narrowed down to 13,8 seconds. Rosberg lost due to his struggle and dirty air in the first 13 laps. After that, he had a similar pace. Hamilton wasn't miles quicker.

http://en.mclarenf-1.....ewis Hamilton
Lap 52 -12 sec difference, lap 61 - 22 sec difference. 10 sec for 10 laps. After that Lewis just cruised to the finish. If he want he could finish more than 20 sec ahead of Nico. He have newer tyres.

Edited by ivand911, 11 June 2012 - 08:56.

#195 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:09

http://en.mclarenf-1.....ewis Hamilton
Lap 52 -12 sec difference, lap 61 - 22 sec difference. 10 sec for 10 laps. After that Lewis just cruised to the finish. If he want he could finish more than 20 sec ahead of Nico. He have newer tyres.

Hint: Newer tyres, Massa fight. He lost ~5 seconds alone due to the Massa fight there. Pace wise it was more likely 5 seconds, considering the newer tyres it's nothing special.

#196 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:11

Hint: Newer tyres, Massa fight. He lost ~5 seconds alone due to the Massa fight there. Pace wise it was more likely 5 seconds, considering the newer tyres it's nothing special.

Still I think everything less than podium was failure. Look at the podium.
We talk about end result, so state of the tyres doesn't count. They all have the same options.

Edited by ivand911, 11 June 2012 - 09:13.

#197 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,058 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:42

I dont know 1Devil1 but the issue during the saturday practice means that Rosberg was not capable of doing a proper qualifying simulation as the other drivers, and also he had to use Michael set up with a few tweaks.

Please dont misunderstand me, I think Michael would be capable of do 1m13s as well without the team mistake during his hot lap.

Vettel was the only one who was capable doing a time under 1.14m. The speed was not there for Mercedes the whole weekend from p1 to q3. Even with his hot lap Michael would have been maximum one tenth faster than Nico. He was 3 tenth down to Vettel after the first sector. You overestimate the potential of a free practice session and why should Michael be faster because of a trouble free practice of Nico?. He definitely didn't have the speed for the front row and Nico even without his problems in free practice would not have been a pole contender - I give him maximum third. You right to claim that Nico lost valuable time and maybe some grid slots because of p3, but noway he would have fought for pole, which you are suggesting with a time of 1. 13m

Edited by 1Devil1, 11 June 2012 - 09:44.

#198 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,036 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:02

OMG. And Ferrari showing that you can improve makes this even worse....

Boys will be boys, BAR/Honda will be BAR/Honda.

You know, I'll just keep posting this until actual facts disprove it:
Posted Image

#199 DS27

DS27

• 1,141 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:43

Haha what to say? I just don't know what to say... seeing 3 men desperately trying to 'collapse' Schumacher's rear wing just topped it.

I couldn't believe it - it looked like local garage mechanics, though that's actually a dis-service to local garages. Surprised they didn't just take a hammer to it - seriously WTF, they looked clueless.

Advertisement

#200 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:41

Rosberg: Mercedes still in title fight despite Canadian GP slump
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100307
Dear boy! I see this year P5 in WCC.