* * * - - 6 votes

Mercedes-AMG 2012 W03 - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3093 replies to this topic

#1951 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 684 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:39

Mercedes will do everything to screw MS' races to make him look bad. They cannot allow MS to beat Nico in the remaining races.

Sounds moronic to me, a stupid plan that would never be carried out.

Advertisement

#1952 Zava

Zava

• 4,742 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:42

Mercedes will do everything to screw MS' races to make him look bad. They cannot allow MS to beat Nico in the remaining races.

yep, I'm pretty sure they are even willing to lose WCC 5th to sauber, so they'll be able to blame that on MS, to make him look even worse.

Edited by Zava, 28 September 2012 - 17:42.

#1953 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 2,895 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 17:45

It sounds valid only if Mercedes will not supply engines to other teams.
Currently both McLaren and Force India is faster than Mercedes.

Mercedes (Ross) openly admit that factory teams will have an edge.

"In reality, we will probably have two customers and they will be given parity with the engines that we use at the works team.

"So I don't think teams are going to have a worse engine because they are not a works team.

"But inevitably there is a closer involvement with how the engine is created and developed, so that is a fact."

http://www.independe...en-8117605.html

#1954 DS27

DS27

• 833 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:01

Merc have what they deserve. If LH moans about the Mc can't wait to see his reaction to the POS this team will provide him with.

#1955 Shambolic

Shambolic

• 343 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:19

Sounds moronic to me, a stupid plan that would never be carried out.

I'd like to agree, and I think I probably do. But there's always that feeling things have gone better garage wise for Rosberg, and that comment by Schumacher some time ago about it being odd his wing was 6 degrees out/ different, that sticks in the mind.

But it is far more likely the Brackley team have simply been half arsed and generalyl pathetic, more than there's been subterfuge to ruin Schumacher whilst there.

#1956 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,406 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:25

yep, I'm pretty sure they are even willing to lose WCC 5th to sauber, so they'll be able to blame that on MS, to make him look even worse.

This is what I've been thinking. Theres no way they'll allow Michael to race Nico now, more failures incoming.

I was going to skip watching Suzuka anyway due to the 10 place drop but now my 2012 season is over, I won't be watching any more races. Theres no point, Schumi simply won't be allowed to race..

I swear each time a Merc DNF's from next season onwards I'll open a beer and celebrate.. they lost many fans today.

#1957 DS27

DS27

• 833 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:32

I swear each time a Merc DNF's from next season onwards I'll open a beer and celebrate.. they lost many fans today.

I echo your strength of feeling. I'll also have a beer each time a Merc retires, and a Jameson's chaser if it's the one Hamilton's sitting in.

#1958 GAZF1nut

GAZF1nut

• 532 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:34

Due to this move, I think I will be reading this thread a lot more. Should be exciting to watch.

#1959 sharo

sharo

• 1,751 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 19:35

Why? Schmacher was the one who refused to give Mercedes an answer on whether he wants to stay or go. They approached the Lewis camp after Canada. If anyone is to blame it's schumacher, he tried the same stunt with Kimi blocking him from coming in 2006. Good thing Mercedes put their foot down.

If someone like Schumacher is hesitant with the answer one must also think what he sees in the future from his position.

Advertisement

#1960 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:21

If someone like Schumacher is hesitant with the answer one must also think what he sees in the future from his position.

Ask any driver on the grid or in a lower formula, who was without a contract, if he wants to drive for Mercedes in 2013. :confused: The answer would be an immediate yes. :up: Schumacher got what he wanted. :wave: Good luck to him :kiss: :wave:

#1961 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 1,779 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:30

Lewis, best of luck with Mercedes....

#1962 exmayol

exmayol

• 547 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:52

Ask any driver on the grid or in a lower formula, who was without a contract, if he wants to drive for Mercedes in 2013. :confused: The answer would be an immediate yes. :up: Schumacher got what he wanted. :wave: Good luck to him :kiss: :wave:

Any other driver without a contract is fighting for his career which to date was likely average at best.

MSC on the other hand is in a position to choose. The man is 43 years old, loves racing, has proven to still have the speed hence can still have a seat on merit! He can drive F1 car in a world clas championship because he is that bad ass. Yes good seats are taken, so what? Perhaps now its time to go spend that 1B of hard earned cash.

#1963 Zava

Zava

• 4,742 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:25

This is what I've been thinking. Theres no way they'll allow Michael to race Nico now, more failures incoming.

I was going to skip watching Suzuka anyway due to the 10 place drop but now my 2012 season is over, I won't be watching any more races. Theres no point, Schumi simply won't be allowed to race..

yeah,but my post was a sarcastic one. :smoking:
they surely won't miss out on some of the money prize just to justify dropping MS for some hardcore fans? a great counter-argument is 2009 ferrari, look at what a great second half Kimi had there, but still got dropped. ferrari didn't care how stupid it will look, they just went fullthrottle, and nearly edged mclaren for 3rd in wcc with only 1 driver, and with a car that wasn't upgraded after hungary.

#1964 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:36

It is become crystal clear that MS fired Mercedes ,not other way around.
Evidence:
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/102906
http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/19757566

"would have been able to sign if he had wanted to earlier in the summer"

We are not in his mind and we don't know what he thinks, but he for sure didn't want to continue with Mercedes. He has enough. He is the guy who do what he want to do, no buts, no ifs. Get it. 1B baby.
Michael Schumacher is the only driver that can say to Mercedes to go f......... . In the end they get the hint and contacted Lewis to save their face.
Take that "my friend" :rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 29 September 2012 - 07:40.

#1965 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:41

Maybe the future was that he saw was being beaten by his team mate 4 years in a row? How much more can one destroy their legacy?

#1966 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:43

Maybe the future was that he saw was being beaten by his team mate 4 years in a row? How much more can one destroy their legacy?

He destroy what? :rotfl: That was good one, I will tell him. Poor him. Probably he understand that they can't provide good car and he didn't want to stay in midfield until he reached 50.
He matched all guys this year. His car was not match to other cars and often didn't finish.

Edited by ivand911, 29 September 2012 - 07:45.

#1967 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,003 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:42

I know that Schumacher hesitating to re-sign is not the team's fault. But as somebody said somewhere else already: I hope them to do real bad next year. Over the past three years, the team has been a horrible mistake, a huge disappointment, and I only clinged to them to see Schumacher take a final victory. Now that this probably won't happen, I hope they continue as they did up to now.

But now that I've said this, I don't exclude Hammo to be WDC in 2014, to be honest!

And who knows, maybe Brawn pulls another Brawn next year....

#1968 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:57

He destroy what? :rotfl: That was good one, I will tell him. Poor him. Probably he understand that they can't provide good car and he didn't want to stay in midfield until he reached 50.
He matched all guys this year. His car was not match to other cars and often didn't finish.

Are you telling me being beaten by his team mate 3 years in a row wont have an effect on his decision? If Schumi was beating Nico for 3 years he would stay on and hope for a better car. You obviously underestiamte the effect of being beaten by your team mate 3 years in a row despite being the prefered driver.

#1969 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,150 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:03

Schumi did not seem too preferred to me when most of Merc's mechanical problems and tactical f*ck ups hit him...

#1970 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:06

Are you telling me being beaten by his team mate 3 years in a row wont have an effect on his decision? If Schumi was beating Nico for 3 years he would stay on and hope for a better car. You obviously underestiamte the effect of being beaten by your team mate 3 years in a row despite being the prefered driver.

I guess you didn't see 2011 and 2012 seasons to tell me he was beaten? 2011 they were equal, MS with more DNF. This year he was better most of the times - in Q and races. And he get 5 team/car related DNFs and 2 DNF by his mistakes. Come back again.

#1971 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:13

I guess you didn't see 2011 and 2012 seasons to tell me he was beaten? 2011 they were equal, MS with more DNF. This year he was better most of the times - in Q and races. And he get 5 team/car related DNFs and 2 DNF by his mistakes. Come back again.

I don't understand then why you are not very happy MSC has left Mercedes and will no doubt have lots of offers due to his current ability in a more reliable car?

#1972 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,655 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:17

Evidence:

We are not in his mind and we don't know what he thinks, but he for sure didn't want to continue with Mercedes. He has enough. He is the guy who do what he want to do, no buts, no ifs. Get it. 1B baby.
Michael Schumacher is the only driver that can say to Mercedes to go f......... . In the end they get the hint and contacted Lewis to save their face.

From what I read wasn't the main reason Michael Schumacher never signed is because he was only offered a 1 year contract, and tried to hold out for more?

Instead Mercedes chose to pursue Hamilton where talks began as early as Canada.

Hardly sounds like him firing Merc.

Anyway I'm sure this should be being discussed in the official Schumacher thread.

#1973 Pizdek

Pizdek

• 291 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:06

It will be interesting to see remaining 6 races how things will develop. I think team will have full support for Schumacher to try make some result that will be remembered but that will be hard with bad car and hes driving lately. Posts about future sabotages from Mercedes seems ridiculous to me.

#1974 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:20

From what I read wasn't the main reason Michael Schumacher never signed is because he was only offered a 1 year contract, and tried to hold out for more?

Anyway I'm sure this should be being discussed in the official Schumacher thread.

Rumors. Who was eager to sign the other - MGP or Michael? Everything point to Mercedes. Michael didn't bother. He is in the team, if he didn't bother there is reason for this. Maybe next year we will find out why.
Maybe he just decided he will retire, and he will announce it in October as he promised. Mercedes couldn't push him to announce his plans. It will be a different matter if he sign another team.

Edited by ivand911, 29 September 2012 - 10:23.

#1975 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:51

From what I read it was the other way around, Schumacher wanted a one year contract possibly with option for 2014 but the team wanted driver continuity for when the new engines come in in 2014.

#1976 Lamag

Lamag

• 919 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:17

Evidence:

For sure Mercedes wanted to see Michael signing the new contract asap, but what kind of contract? a one year deal? is that the reason why Michael opted to walk away? does anyone know what was on that contract? As I see it, there is much more in the soup than Michael firing Mercedes.

#1977 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:22

Niki Lauda has come in as a no nonsense and ruthless figure to do the dirty work when required. Brawn was being too sentimental and 'nice' when it came to Schumacher. It was time for the team to make a much needed change. Hamilton has a bit of that hardness about him also. The team just need to sort out the car in the remaining races. One good result will bode well for the future.

#1978 Paco

Paco

• 1,033 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 16:16

As for Michael.. probably has a couple of good options, including retiring from racing taking a role within Sauber etc.

As for MS.. for Haug to come out so blantantly and say how they have been paying a significant part of Lewis salary.. AMG MGP board was probably.. why the hell are we paying for 3 drivers .. their driver budget is probably the highest in all of F1 as a result and yet, not giving a car that is fast to even remotely make sense of that.

From purely business perspective.. AMG MGP this was by far the wisest of decisions. I do not see any reason to think that MGP will make any kind of 0.7s leap need to truly contend at the top 3-4 spots of the grid on merit on race pace (not qualifying pace). So having MS, Nico and Lewis on their pay doesn't make sense.

From purely business perspective.. AMG MGP having MS is a liablity as they are not giving him the proper equipment to justify having him on board. It just draws more unneeded attention to a struggling team lost in how to use tires. Granted, it`s not as if Lewis isn`t going to take any spotlight off of them.. but maybe dim it significantly.

For MS.. he has easily proven the last half of 2011 and this season that he easily still has it and deserves a top ride. If it weren`t for the teams technical failures and a couple of lapses in judgement he`d be having a stellar season. Only problem is.. where to next.. the only suitable 3 drives would be RedBull, Ferrari or McLaren. Lotus I personally feel will pretty much be a sidestep from Mercedes and if anything, a step back. Too small, poorly funded too boot.

I would love to see Schumi-Newey combo finally come to light but that could only happen if Ferrari take Webber which I just don`t see happening. But Webber would probably be a really good pairing for Fernando. Just capable enough but knows who to tow the line and be supportive of a team mate that is stronger if it panes out that.

#1979 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,223 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:05

Little tidbit when Brawn was telling motorsport-total.com that they are not taking their foot off the gas for 2013.
He say Costa is concentrating on the 2013 car, while Willis is overseeing the 2014 car.
http://www.motorspor...n_12100443.html

Advertisement

#1980 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:55

Hopefully they've used the data from the Singapore race to find a better setup that takes advantage of the new exhausts.

#1981 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 637 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:48

Few laps run in P2. Anyone know why?

#1982 Fildischum

Fildischum

• 72 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:16

Few laps run in P2. Anyone know why?

Nico had an engine change but fortunately no penalty, and michael spun before the spoon i think.

#1983 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:58

Mercedes testing again DRD:

Posted Image

#1984 baddog

baddog

• 23,053 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:05

Nico had an engine change but fortunately no penalty, and michael spun before the spoon i think.

That was 10 minutes from the end. Why michael didnt run till near the end I've seen nothing on, except a quick comment about 'suspension changes'

#1985 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:10

NR said they measured the highest rear tyre temperature all year after the run on softs.
Oh dear...

Edited by Urawa, 05 October 2012 - 18:10.

#1986 weston

weston

• 369 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:38

After the FP1 they had to change both the front and rear suspension on the Schumacher's car, and they were not ready by the start of FP2.
He had break failures in FP1-FP3 in Singapore.
Rosberg had an engine failure in FP1 today.
I do not know what will happen to them tomorrow.
May be a failure of either hydraulic or electrical system.

Edited by weston, 05 October 2012 - 18:39.

#1987 DS27

DS27

• 833 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:06

Just flicking FP1.

A tub of wet flannels outside the pit garage ready to put on the bodywork when the car comes in.

WET FLANNELS

Brundle: "Never seen anything like that before"...Joke of a team. Thank god MS is away from this bunch of clowns.

Edited by DS27, 05 October 2012 - 19:08.

#1988 amppatel

amppatel

• 427 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:13

Just flicking FP1.

A tub of wet flannels outside the pit garage ready to put on the bodywork when the car comes in.

WET FLANNELS

Brundle: "Never seen anything like that before"...Joke of a team. Thank god MS is away from this bunch of clowns.

Brundle doesn't know what he is talking about. McLaren do this ALL the time, but I guess they are a bunch of clowns as well (and I'm not being sarcastic!)

Edited by amppatel, 05 October 2012 - 19:14.

#1989 DS27

DS27

• 833 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:18

Yep - they must be, they let driving god Lewis Hamilton leave them....

#1990 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,531 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:24

Little tidbit when Brawn was telling motorsport-total.com that they are not taking their foot off the gas for 2013.
He say Costa is concentrating on the 2013 car, while Willis is overseeing the 2014 car.
http://www.motorspor...n_12100443.html

So, it's not too many cooks, then. Nice, Double design team, I like that.

#1991 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,297 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:43

Dear God...

#1992 Sof1

Sof1

• 590 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46

Good luck Lewis, you're gonna desperately need it!!

#1993 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,531 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48

Awesome pace from Merc in Japan.They said they will get more out of the upgraded car from race to race. Is this how it is done, then?

#1994 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,148 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:52

Awesome pace from Merc in Japan.They said they will get more out of the upgraded car from race to race. Is this how it is done, then?

This team is literally still Honda. Performs like Honda, develops cars like Honda, designs cars like Honda and for some reason, act like they're Ferrari.

Unfortunately sacking Michael Schumacher like Ferrari did doesn't automatically make your cars any better.

#1995 Junky

Junky

• 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:53

I just love this Bar-Honda updates! Simply incredible!

This team is too s*** to be true.

Edited by Junky, 06 October 2012 - 06:08.

#1996 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:53

The upgrades have taken them backwards. Now they're struggling consistently in qualifying.

I hope the stuff they said about these upgrades taking time to understand is true, else we're in for some battles with the likes of STR and FI for the rest of the year

#1997 rog

rog

• 906 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:12

Mercedes struggles in high speed corners which is crucial in Suzuka, a bad result was expected but to be honest I hoped the upgrades improved the high speed handling somewhat. It doesn't look like the upgrades moved the car forward. Incredible bad development pace from Mercedes once again.

#1998 weston

weston

• 369 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:12

I guess they decided to abort the actual season, again.

#1999 Sof1

Sof1

• 590 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:14

They are probably focusing on the 2014 car! :rotfl:

Advertisement

#2000 exmayol

exmayol

• 547 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:17

Seems like tomorrow we are looking for P7 at best...

Someone needs send their engineering team a hint that upgrades are due, not downgrades.