* * * - - 6 votes

Mercedes-AMG 2012 W03 - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3093 replies to this topic

#301 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:32

I saw the start from Alonso's perspective and it's apparent Rosberg positioned himself poorly in the first bunch of corners, getting blocked on the outside/inside, while other cars passed him.

As for MGP's speed, it clearly wasn't there - at least not for a top-five finish.

Advertisement

#302 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,734 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:46

I'm going to be brutally honest, I think Mercedes lucked into this result. Michael deserves his podium as his form has been great all year, but not today. Mercedes got the strategy wrong, Brawn conceded that tyre behaviour was not what they thought it was going to be and had to compromise only to be saved by heavy attrition at the front.

If Seb/Romain/Lewis/Maldonado had finished, Schumacher would be have seventh. Rosberg possibly out of the points as he had a weak race.

Taking nothing away from Micheals fightback though, that was just more good stuff we've become used to this year, but he saved their bacon.

Well, it was a lucky podium that is for sure. The aim obviously was to get into the points after altering the original startegy, that they achieved, the extra points are a bonus for once, I'd say some luck was to be expected to come by sooner or later, after the experiences so far.

#303 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,348 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 16:51

Well, it was a lucky podium that is for sure. The aim obviously was to get into the points after altering the original startegy, that they achieved, the extra points are a bonus for once, I'd say some luck was to be expected to come by sooner or later, after the experiences so far.

I suppose that is true. If there was such a thing as net luck over a season, they are still very much in the negative.

#304 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:21

It was a poor race by Nico, what a pity, at least he got the six place. Nevertheless there is always another race to bounce back.

Amazing race by Michael, hat´s off to the old master.

#305 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:28

No penalty for Michael YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100709

#306 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,231 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:40

No penalty for Michael YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100709

:up:

#307 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:43

Podium finish for consolation for rather poor showing

Good for Schumacher (results wise), not so much for Mercedes (performance wise)

#308 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 714 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:48

Podium finish for consolation for rather poor showing

Good for Schumacher (results wise), not so much for Mercedes (performance wise)

Ah here he is.

#309 DS27

DS27

• 1,127 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:04

Mercedes race pace certainly wasn't great so this doesn't raise my hopes for the future, however;

Today, I don't care. MS lucked into the podium to a degree, but after the year he has had, who cares. In a way, as it was so unexpected, it feels even better and rather than worry about the next race, I celebrate this result.

#310 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:31

I'm going to be brutally honest, I think Mercedes lucked into this result. Michael deserves his podium as his form has been great all year, but not today. Mercedes got the strategy wrong, Brawn conceded that tyre behaviour was not what they thought it was going to be and had to compromise only to be saved by heavy attrition at the front.

If Seb/Romain/Lewis/Maldonado had finished, Schumacher would be have seventh. Rosberg possibly out of the points as he had a weak race.

Taking nothing away from Micheals fightback though, that was just more good stuff we've become used to this year, but he saved their bacon.

Completely agree, Mercedes looked nowhere today. Michael was very lucky with the SC and with crashed and car failures was effectively 7th on merit, but he and Mark had a fun drive through the field with fresh tyres and DRS, and after all his bad luck when the package was competitive I was glad to see him pick up a gimmie.

The Merc was a disaster on hard tyres today, and Rosberg was especially badly caught out by being on them at the SC restart, he lost a ton of time.

I think Mercedes have a tough old season ahead of them now. I don't think they understand the tyres, and if they do I don't think they are able to apply that knowledge in the prevailing conditions. Michaels hards should not have gone off before Nico's softs, and Nico should not have been so slow on his hard run. Merc also appear to be falling behind in terms of development, and really are now clearly behind Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren, and struggling to match the Williams and Force Indias on race pace.

Next updates will be critical.

#311 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,380 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:37

I fully agree. It was a good performance from MSC today. That would of only been 7th in a normal race though.

The car needs updates and fast if Nico wants to keep up with the front runners in the championshp.

Just pleased MSC had a clean race. When he has a clean race results are there.

#312 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:44

Mercedes GP are lucky that Schumacher ended up with a face saving podium. They were out of it for most of the race. On any other track, Mercedes would have been lapped with their poor race pace. It is glaringly obvious that they need to develop the exhaust positioning. I don't know what they are waiting for. It's only because of the unpredictability of the season that Rosberg is still in the hunt for the title. Unfortunately the team is 5th in the constructors chase.

#313 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 18:48

Completely agree, Mercedes looked nowhere today. Michael was very lucky with the SC and with crashed and car failures was effectively 7th on merit, but he and Mark had a fun drive through the field with fresh tyres and DRS, and after all his bad luck when the package was competitive I was glad to see him pick up a gimmie.

The Merc was a disaster on hard tyres today, and Rosberg was especially badly caught out by being on them at the SC restart, he lost a ton of time.

I think Mercedes have a tough old season ahead of them now. I don't think they understand the tyres, and if they do I don't think they are able to apply that knowledge in the prevailing conditions. Michaels hards should not have gone off before Nico's softs, and Nico should not have been so slow on his hard run. Merc also appear to be falling behind in terms of development, and really are now clearly behind Ferrari, Lotus and McLaren, and struggling to match the Williams and Force Indias on race pace.

Next updates will be critical.

Today is time to celebrate. Tommorrow we silver up and look down the alley what's ahead.

#314 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 23:16

Fantastic podium by Michael, and a good recovery by Nico to get us a great haul of points (finally!). About MSC's podium; to be honest, with around 3 laps remaining I saw it comming anyway, Schumi was P5 and Hamilton & Maldonado were about to go wheel-on-wheel. At that point I was very confident Schumi was getting a podium. :p

The pace of the car was poor until the end, when we were the fastest on track. Nonetheless, the past 2 races have been on 40 degrees Celsius tarmac and we didn't perform too badly on either. Silverstone should be cold, that's good. :up:

Edited by Kingshark, 24 June 2012 - 23:17.

#315 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 23:17

We were lucky, without a doubt. Without Ham, Vet, Gro, Mal's retirements and problems, I guess Michael would have had a 5th or possibly lower?

Even so, I'm still delighted for him and it was about time after all that terrible luck!

I still think the Merc race pace has quite a problem but this result will keep me smiling until Silverstone comes.
I've heard of lots of upgrades coming to Silverstone for other teams but are Merc fetching anything new?

#316 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 23:50

It's worrying that the team still haven't learned about tyre behaviour. Maybe they will have something to learn from this race and especially their late pace, especially Rosberg who was really on it after a dismal two stints. They said (like McLaren) that they had made a step up in their understanding from Canada but that looks doubtful now. Well done to both drivers for keeping their heads when all looked lost and especially Michael for bringing home a fighting podium.

#317 baddog

baddog

• 23,587 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 23:53

I think everyone got surprised by how awful the harder tyre was in the race though.. people expected it to do 2/3rds of the race and it just didnt.

#318 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:14

Include Kobayashi in there too, his Sauber was incredibly quick and if it wasn't for Senna's clumpsy defending, I can't see how MSC would finish ahead of him, as well.

About Nico's race, ok he had poor starts but I think the strategy just didn't work for him very well. I don't think he was bad today, just a sequence of bad events unfolded into him

#319 black magic

black magic

• 3,880 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:52

after races tyres remain mystery to all.

those who get it "right" is merely by chance

Advertisement

#320 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:14

#321 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:31

#322 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:51

One thing they did right was to go for top speed. I don't know what they were thinking in Canada?
http://184.106.145.7.....peed Trap.pdf
Good luck to Webber to catch Michael in DRS zone. Still Webber was not slouch either.
http://184.106.145.7.....um Speeds.pdf

#323 sharo

sharo

• 1,791 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:57

No, you "don't get it" :p

#324 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:01

One thing they did right was to go for top speed. I don't know what they were thinking in Canada?
http://184.106.145.7.....peed Trap.pdf
Good luck to Webber to catch Michael in DRS zone. Still Webber was not slouch either.
http://184.106.145.7.....um Speeds.pdf

You seem to be watching on the outcome but not on the things that preceded it. Mercedes pace was awful, they wouldn't finish in top 10 in normal circumstances. The fact that Shumacher finished on podium doesn't mean the team set up the car correctly.

Edited by korzeniow, 25 June 2012 - 08:08.

#325 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:28

Its funny how no one seems to appreciate the team for the correct strategy calls they made yesterday.

When Grosjean retired late in the race, Merc immediately pitted Schumacher for a fresh set of tyres anticipating a Safety car. If the SC did come out at the time, Schumacher would have won the race yesterday. It was a potential masterstroke from the team. Since the SC did not come out, Mercedes knew that Schumacher would still have the pace to challenge for atleast 5th or 6th place, which was where he was to start with. The fact that Hamilton and Maldonado crashed out meant that he inherited the podium for sure, but if the safety car came out after Grosjean's retirement, I am sure Schumacher would've taken the top step considering the whole field would have been nicely bunched up and ripe for the taking with Schu on fresh rubber.

I thought it was a brilliant gamble. Even Rosberg's pitstop was timed perfectly, he was just starting to drop off the pace on his set, and had Schumacher fast approaching him when they decided to pit him instead of being an obstacle for MS (which could've eventually cost him the podium considering MS overtook 5th placed Hulkenberg on the penultimate lap). Rosberg proceeded to rejoin in 12th place and blazed past the next 4 cars with ease getting them a bunch of points.

#326 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:29

You seem to be watching on the outcome but not on the things that preceded it. Mercedes pace was awful, they wouldn't finish in top 10 in normal circumstances. The fact that Shumacher finished on podium doesn't mean the team set up the car correctly.

Give examples please. Comparing to whom? Yeah, the outcome was lucky for all. First, second, third, fourth......
Everyone here says it was lucky result for MS and the team. Pace is funny thing right now. And you come to tell us something we know.
You want to show us the superior pace of Lotus? I personally have said 100 times that many other drivers with Lotus should win many times until now. JV think the same. Everybody knows E20 is very good car and fast. About pace and tyre management nobody can touch RBR car yesterday.

#327 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:32

Its funny how no one seems to appreciate the team for the correct strategy calls they made yesterday.

When Grosjean retired late in the race, Merc immediately pitted Schumacher for a fresh set of tyres anticipating a Safety car. If the SC did come out at the time, Schumacher would have won the race yesterday. It was a potential masterstroke from the team.

Yes. I begged for the SC to come out but they cleared it quickly.

#328 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:36

No, it was very strange SC didn't come out in Vettel and RG cases. Make you think about it? Was it ,because of the leading driver, Spanish city, else? This were 110 % , SC cases. Two cars on the track.
Marshals were pushing Vettel car with cars racing next to them. It was crazy.

Edited by ivand911, 25 June 2012 - 08:39.

#329 sharo

sharo

• 1,791 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:51

Only a blind man won't see that the actual SC period was unnecessary and a deliberate action by CW to manipulate the outcome. But it panned in an unexpected way as Grosjean - the planned 8th winner - DNF'ed. After that Charlie did not have the guts to call the SC on much more dangerous occasions.

#330 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:00

When Grosjean retired late in the race, Merc immediately pitted Schumacher for a fresh set of tyres anticipating a Safety car. If the SC did come out at the time, Schumacher would have won the race yesterday. It was a potential masterstroke from the team. Since the SC did not come out, Mercedes knew that Schumacher would still have the pace to challenge for atleast 5th or 6th place, which was where he was to start with. The fact that Hamilton and Maldonado crashed out meant that he inherited the podium for sure, but if the safety car came out after Grosjean's retirement, I am sure Schumacher would've taken the top step considering the whole field would have been nicely bunched up and ripe for the taking with Schu on fresh rubber.

I thought it was a brilliant gamble. Even Rosberg's pitstop was timed perfectly, he was just starting to drop off the pace on his set, and had Schumacher fast approaching him when they decided to pit him instead of being an obstacle for MS (which could've eventually cost him the podium considering MS overtook 5th placed Hulkenberg on the penultimate lap). Rosberg proceeded to rejoin in 12th place and blazed past the next 4 cars with ease getting them a bunch of points.

No, he wouldn't. With current SC rules you have slow delta time you have to drive under once SC car is out. Everyone would have time to pit because everyone drives slowly. Actually those rules hurt those drivers who just pit before SC is deployed.

#331 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:05

Give examples please. Comparing to whom? Yeah, the outcome was lucky for all. First, second, third, fourth......
Everyone here says it was lucky result for MS and the team. Pace is funny thing right now. And you come to tell us something we know.
You want to show us the superior pace of Lotus? I personally have said 100 times that many other drivers with Lotus should win many times until now. JV think the same. Everybody knows E20 is very good car and fast. About pace and tyre management nobody can touch RBR car yesterday.

Under normal cicrumstances, after first round of pitstops Schumachr was P13 and Rosberg was P14. Then there was SC, many retirements and crashes.

I wouldn't be so picky about Mercedes pace if it wouldn't be for the hype from the media and the drivers. Schumacher was meant to win it, remember? Schumacher himself claimed the Mercedes is consistently on the pace and Rosberg praised the team for having the best car.

#332 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,181 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:08

A fantastic result but a long overdue one in my opinion.

Now that all the hysteria has died down, let's not forget that Mercedes had awful pace in the race and had Massa/Hamilton/Maldanado/Kobayashi et al not dropped out, Schumacher would have been salvaging scraps for points.

Mercedes really need to work on their warm weather race pace.

Black magic is right though, these tyres remain a complete mystery.

It could be a Sauber winning in Silverstone for all we know.

#333 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,561 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:16

I wouldn't be so picky about Mercedes pace if it wouldn't be for the hype from the media and the drivers. Schumacher was meant to win it, remember? Schumacher himself claimed the Mercedes is consistently on the pace and Rosberg praised the team for having the best car.

Actually Michael said that they will have problems this weekend.

After Alonso, Nico is the driver with the most points in the last 5-6 races.

They have a good car but its performance isn't that consistent, because of the tires.

Edited by Diablobb81, 25 June 2012 - 09:16.

#334 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35

Under normal cicrumstances, after first round of pitstops Schumachr was P13 and Rosberg was P14. Then there was SC, many retirements and crashes.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100540
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/100572
You have to distinguish PR talk from true.
MS started with mediums. He was not bad, with softs he was not bad either. Still clear track help for lap times. Also it is easy to be fast with newer tyres. True. What happen with Nico, I don't know. But, in this times nothing is certain.

#335 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 3,018 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:09

Schumacher said Mercedes will struggle here in Valencia. He knew it will be hot and the track didn't suit their car due to the last years results. And you are raising every time the same point that the media is hyping mercedes which is not true. The media is hyping no team (maybe Red Bull after the magic pace of Vettel this race) It's completely unclear who will win the next race. Perfomance wise Sauber can have a shoot at the win next time. To say Mercedes can win "under certain circumstances" is not untrue, because they won china and were good in monaco. So come down with your "Oh the bad media is hyping mercedes too much"

#336 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:42

No, he wouldn't. With current SC rules you have slow delta time you have to drive under once SC car is out. Everyone would have time to pit because everyone drives slowly. Actually those rules hurt those drivers who just pit before SC is deployed.

I dont seem to remember any such rule forcing all cars to drive to a delta, just driving slower than normal racing speed (which is expected since the track will be yellow flagged).

If that were the case, we wouldnt see all the cars bunching up behind the safety car and simply maintaining the gap to the drivers in front.

Actually those rules hurt those drivers who just pit before SC is deployed.

Explain how. The scenario is that Schumacher has already pitted and come out in 11th place, and the safety car comes out. Now all drivers have the option of either
a) not pitting at all, which means Schumacher and Webber are on fresh rubber with easy meat right in front of them
b) Pitting for an unscheduled stop for fresh tyres after the SC is declared, which means they might end up behind Schumacher and Webber after they pit.

In either situation, the safety car coming out a few seconds after Schumacher's pitstop would have meant a better than 3rd result.

#337 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53

I fully agree. It was a good performance from MSC today. That would of only been 7th in a normal race though.

The racing hasn't been "normal" since the tire and DRS nonsense started.

I'm happy that Michael finally had a decent result, but I would like it a lot better if the racing weren't so contrived.

#338 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 14:32

Wrong. Rosberg should have pitted way earlier. Mercedes detroyed Nico´s race.

#339 Bleu

Bleu

• 795 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 15:02

Explain how. The scenario is that Schumacher has already pitted and come out in 11th place, and the safety car comes out. Now all drivers have the option of either
a) not pitting at all, which means Schumacher and Webber are on fresh rubber with easy meat right in front of them
b) Pitting for an unscheduled stop for fresh tyres after the SC is declared, which means they might end up behind Schumacher and Webber after they pit.

In either situation, the safety car coming out a few seconds after Schumacher's pitstop would have meant a better than 3rd result.

If they had pit before they reach queue behind SC, there would have not been any problem to stay ahead of Schumacher. Think Vettel/Hamilton situation in Australia, Hamilton pitted before SC was deployed and dropped behind Vettel who reacted to SC by a pit stop.

Safety car always leaves from the pit lane, so unless you are between pit entry and exit while SC comes out you are not likely to suffer by pitting at that point.

Grosjean actually parked his car very wisely, just next to the opening in the wall so the car could be pushed behind the wall quite quickly. So I was not expecting SC at that point. Vettel's retirement was a different situation. I think that race control probably overestimated how quickly car can be retreated. The cars were in the pack, so there was over a minute to remove the car from the track.

Advertisement

#340 Massa

Massa

• 4,378 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 15:08

I dont seem to remember any such rule forcing all cars to drive to a delta, just driving slower than normal racing speed (which is expected since the track will be yellow flagged).

If that were the case, we wouldnt see all the cars bunching up behind the safety car and simply maintaining the gap to the drivers in front.

I don't remember if it is a delta time, or a delta speed, but they have a delta to respect, it's show on their steering wheel. It was made like this because of Alonso-Hamilton incident at Valencia 2010.

Edited by Massa, 26 June 2012 - 15:08.

#341 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:44

Mercedes could quit F1 over bribery scandal
http://www.yallaf1.c...ribery-scandal/

#342 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,441 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:40

Only a blind man won't see that the actual SC period was unnecessary and a deliberate action by CW to manipulate the outcome. But it panned in an unexpected way as Grosjean - the planned 8th winner - DNF'ed. After that Charlie did not have the guts to call the SC on much more dangerous occasions.

Helmut Marko, is that you? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rubbish. Vettel being pushed off the track was a clear example of why the SC was needed on certain occassions. Conspiracy theories for the lose.

#343 sharo

sharo

• 1,791 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:47

Helmut Marko, is that you? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No, I am Seb's father :p

And, as I have said many times, with Bernie pulling the strings no conspiracy theory should be discarded frivolously.
This is F1, anything can happen and it usually does (to quote Murray Walker).

#344 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:29

Guess it would be another reason for Schumacher to not sign any 2013 contract too early. :smoking: :cat:

Hope it blows over.

#345 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,084 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:19

Rubbish, back in 2007 McLaren was found guilty over the spy-gate and Mercedes does not withdraw from the sport.

#346 TC3000

TC3000

• 1,041 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 14:39

Rubbish, back in 2007 McLaren was found guilty over the spy-gate and Mercedes does not withdraw from the sport.

The situation this time could be a bit different.
Is not so much about "bad PR" etc., it's a bit more complicated then this.

It's more a case that they are perhaps found in violation of their own "Corporate Governance Codex", if Eccelstone is to be found guilty of bribery.
It may does not even mean that , "They would like to quit" - it could be more "that they are forced to quit"
It's a legal matter, more then an "Image" thing - and as they are a public traded company, the matter could be more serious, then just some "bad PR".

Not sure about all the details and implications, but that is how I read it - could be wrong after all.

#347 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,561 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 15:06

The situation this time could be a bit different.
Is not so much about "bad PR" etc., it's a bit more complicated then this.

It's more a case that they are perhaps found in violation of their own "Corporate Governance Codex", if Eccelstone is to be found guilty of bribery.
It may does not even mean that , "They would like to quit" - it could be more "that they are forced to quit"
It's a legal matter, more then an "Image" thing - and as they are a public traded company, the matter could be more serious, then just some "bad PR".

Not sure about all the details and implications, but that is how I read it - could be wrong after all.

No, you are right. And that's why 07 is of little relevance.

#348 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,816 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 15:51

After the feelings of their shareholders were laid out on the table a little while ago, I think that Mercedes are looking for half decent "external" excuse to "do one". This may fit perfectly.

If they do pull out - then don't expect to see V6 turbos in F1 any time soon........ Just a lot of re-badged Merc lumps a la Mecachrome/Supertec/Renault.

Classic F1 pattern/cycle :)

#349 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 737 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 16:13

Nonsense. He finished 12 seconds behind the race winner.

#350 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,734 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 16:53

There was nothing wrong with the Merc race pace. They were running the first stint with a one-stopper in mind. NR stayed with this far-far too long, judging by his post-race comments, He has been too stubborn to dump the strategy, while MS timed his pit stop perfectly for a strategy swap. From than on, Both Merc drivers were consistently fast in free air, NR, in fact, was consistently fastest, and MS could stay on pace after he battled through quiet a few cars, so tyre management has took a great step forward too, as already indicated by the team. Sorry, but your lack of insight is slightly disturbing.