Photo

Thread changes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 13:15

Bulky threads seem to be closing and new therads are opening. I hope it is a temporary action due to some technical reason. Every now and then, I would search the entire thread of particular drivers or teams. Now, I have to make that search in two separate threads :|

Can you give us an explanation, please?

Advertisement

#2 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 14:56

Best leave a full description to Hack, but this is a technical necessity and very unlikely to change back.

One solution might be to start new threads for distinct discussions, so that the general threads do not grow so quickly and never reach pruning length.

#3 BigWicks

BigWicks

• 750 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 15:56

Think this is a blessing in disguise, think everyone got a bit carried away with putting everything in big threads, much prefer individual discussions rather than having everything in one place where individual posts and points of view get lost.

#4 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:05

OK, so it somewhat encourages to open up new threads rather than trying to talk in "generic" threads. I hope this won't get messy as we'll end up having a five-or-six post-only threads all over the place.

Thanks for the explanation.

#5 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:10

Think this is a blessing in disguise, think everyone got a bit carried away with putting everything in big threads, much prefer individual discussions rather than having everything in one place where individual posts and points of view get lost.

I agree. Individual threads will encourage a wider spectrum of contributors and opinions, I believe.

OK, so it somewhat encourages to open up new threads rather than trying to talk in "generic" threads. I hope this won't get messy as we'll end up having a five-or-six post-only threads all over the place.

Thanks for the explanation.

That might happen, but as long as thread starters are not stupid enough to use titles like "I was just wondering" and instead say what it's about, it ought to make searching for specific discussions far easier than searching within a large thread of interlinked and intertwined discussions.

#6 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:25

So that guy, the IPS Driver, got it his way in the end?

#7 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:36

So that guy, the IPS Driver, got it his way in the end?

Ba-bum Tish!

Are you here all week? :rotfl:

#8 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 16:37

And just as we're discussing about "encouraging to open new threads", a mod has just locked a newly one: http://forums.autosp...w...=168691&hl= because he thinks there are only two answers possible (like we also should have to think that way and be silent)! That was not nice.

#9 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 22:11

And just as we're discussing about "encouraging to open new threads", a mod has just locked a newly one: http://forums.autosp...w...=168691&hl= because he thinks there are only two answers possible (like we also should have to think that way and be silent)! That was not nice.

I don't mind the thread being closed if it's clearly going down the wrong route but what I don't understand is the "Monaco master" thread remains open when it's clearly just a bashing vs thread, not to mention the event has passed?

#10 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:13

If you don't like or disagree with a Mod's action, as per the rules which govern this board, you should complain in private.