Photo
- - - - -

Singapore, Japanese and Korean GPs: any feedback for tickets/seating best options?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:17

Hi there!

This season, I will be going to 3 very exclusive GPs for us Europeans: Singapore, Suzuka and Yeongam.

I'd like to know if some of you have already been there and would have some good advice on those GP weekends, in relation to the different ticket options but also to the transport, etc.

Well, I'm taking any good advice, really.

I'm looking forward to read about your experience of those races and it can also benefit other people too :)

Thanks in advance,
Ad :wave:

Advertisement

#2 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:15

OK so I'll probably only go to Suzuka and Yeongam.

As I believe not many people will have gone to Korea here, can I ask you about Suzuka?

What's the best grandstand to be in according to your experience? Thanks!

#3 iainw

iainw

• 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:57

Singapore

I've been twice and in my opinion, the Grandstand choice really comes down to the more you pay the better the view. General Admission for a street circuit isn't bad and I would suggest you take the opportunity to do walkabout on Friday when it's quieter. Singapore is a superb event from beginning to end. No other race comes close when it comes to off track festivities. Transport is a complete non issue; walk, MRT or taxi, all cheap and very simple.

Suzuka

There aren't any bad stands at Suzuka, so pick one that suits your budget. Those at the final chicane offer a good view, given their altitude, as do those in the Esses. Transport from Nagoya is simple. On Friday you have one choice, train to Shiroko and free shuttle bus to the track. On Saturday and Sunday, in addition to going via Shiroko, there is a special train service to Suzuka Inou station from where you can walk to the circuit. For the special train you must buy tickets in advance, get them on Friday, or you could be disappointed. It's worth noting that if you have a Japan Rail Pass, neither train service is covered by it, you'll have to buy separate tckets.

Definitely keep some spare cash for buying souvenirs at Suzuka. The Japanese have items you can't get anywhere else; from the weird to the hilarious to the ridiculous.....

Edited by iainw, 15 June 2012 - 12:36.

#4 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:20

OK so I'll probably only go to Suzuka and Yeongam.

As I believe not many people will have gone to Korea here, can I ask you about Suzuka?

What's the best grandstand to be in according to your experience? Thanks!

We have written a guide for the Korean GP: how to get there, grandstand views, links etc. The ferry trip between the two countries seems pretty cool.
http://grandprixadvi...1/korea-yeongam

Personal preference would be grandstand G or A.

Edited by GrandPrixAdvisor, 17 May 2013 - 14:11.

#5 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:42

Looking at this forum thread, it might also be worth giving the link to our Singapore GP guide:
http://grandprixadvi...pore-marina-bay

In terms of grandstands, my personal preference (per price range) is:

1. Green Room at Turn 3 ($3200)
2. Turn 2 ($1000 - where we'll be sitting this year)
3. Stamford ($550)
4. Bay ($250 - in the light blue, yellow, red or light green sections only and no further up than row 27)

Premier Walkabout ($350 - general admission to all four zones) is worth considering too.

Taxi fares are very cheap. We usually stay in Marine Parade because it's close to the beach, the East Coast Park and it's nice and quiet. It looks far away on the map but only takes minutes to the track (and parties) either by bus (very cheap) or cab ($15 max) thanks to the freeway.

Edited by GrandPrixAdvisor, 17 May 2013 - 14:09.

#6 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:05

Thanks for these information, they'll be helpful to me too!

If you have any additionnal advice for Suzuka and Korea, feel free to post it here ;)