Photo

Newsletter content selection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tonicco

tonicco

• 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 19:50

I've noticed that some news articles doesn't show up in the email newsletters that I receive. I then checked the 'newsletter settings' at the site, where I confirmed that I had selected every single topic on the list. But the list itself still includes A1GP, while missing F2 or GP3, for example.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

#2 tonicco

tonicco

• 134 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 13:08

One week has gone by and I'm still waiting for a reply... or do I need to work on my expectation management?

Anyway, and further to elaborate on my previous post, I can now precise the series that do not show up on the email newsletters: AUTOGP, F2, GP3, IRC, Indy Lights and SSTARS.

Also, the newsletter content selection still lists "F1: Renault News" and has no selection for "Lotus", "Caterham", "HRT" and "Marussia".

Hopings to get things fixed,

Thanks in advance.

#3 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:40

Hi Tonicco,

You're right - the selections for the newsletter are a bit out of date. I don't think we'd noticed that the options in there are wrong so far as most people using the newsletter (including myself) do the same as you and leave everything ticked! I'll look into how easily these can be fixed and update you once I know...

#4 tonicco

tonicco

• 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:08

Hi Tonicco,

You're right - the selections for the newsletter are a bit out of date. I don't think we'd noticed that the options in there are wrong so far as most people using the newsletter (including myself) do the same as you and leave everything ticked! I'll look into how easily these can be fixed and update you once I know...

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm still waiting for an update regarding this issue.
Considering the time that has passed, I'm not holding any hope, but one never knows ;-)

#5 Grayson

Grayson

• 3,497 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 16:28

Just a quick update to let you know that our development team are looking into this. It may still be a matter of weeks rather than days until it's updated, as it's a surprisingly big chunk of work to modify the signup page (as it's hard coded rather than being based on the way that content is sorted and catagorised on the homepage). There will definitely be a fix at some point, though...

Sorry this has taken so long!

#6 Grayson

Grayson

• 3,497 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:23

This should all be fully updated and working now.

If you haven't already signed up you can take a look here - registered users are able to get the headlines sent to them every hour (or whichever hours of the day you'd like to get them) while subscribers can have the entire stories sent by E-mail.