Photo

What is REALLY going on at MGP in 2012?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: What is REALLY going on at MGP? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

What is really going on at MGP?

1. Simple incompetence, just bad luck that it only show on MS side. (37 votes [48.68%])

Percentage of vote: 48.68%

2. Psychological downward spiral, they try so hard that they screw it everytime (7 votes [9.21%])

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

3. MS was so hard on the team, that they do not care any more (2 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

4. These are clear signals from team that they do not want MS sign another year even if he has an option in the contract (14 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

5. Someone is making a furtune on betting MS mechanical failures (16 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rol

Rol

• 114 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:22

You could say that 2012 F1 is like a lottery, races of MS are some kind of failure bingo. But really, what is going on here?

Advertisement

#2 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:25

Just seen Ross collecting his winnings in Coral.

#3 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:27

Its not gross incompetence as that would affect both drivers the same, its obvious they don't want Michael in the team or someone doesn't.

Either way, I'm bitterly disappointed that Ross lets this joke go on race after race.

#4 Group B

Group B

• 14,507 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:31

Up until I've put it down to a bad run, like LH at Mac, but after today I'm actually beginning to wonder.

#5 spacekid

spacekid

• 3,143 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 20:59

Hopefully this post won't get lost in the mix when the threads are merged.

Of COURSE Schumi isn't being purposefully sabotaged. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks

a) Mercedes would spend millions of dollars then purposefully screw up their investment
and
b) Michael is too stupid to notice if there is something amiss

has confused F1 with a TV soap.

However, its clear Mercedes have some sort of quality issues here. Schumi's DRS has failed time and again over the past 2 seasons. I can understand bad luck to a point, but I am starting to suspect there is a systemic failure somewhere. Lets not forget Nico wasn't immune to car troubles this weekend, but he was fortunate his car let go in FP3 which was a situation he was able to recover.

Also, Mercedes haven't let Michael down in every race. The incidents with Gorsjean and Senna can hardly be blamed on Merc.

Its very, very frustrating, and I believe that the team formerly known as BAR have some issues to work out in the same way McLaren needed to look at some issues surrounding Lewis, but its a quality and attention to detail thing imo, and will get sorted.

#6 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 21:07

It's just bad luck. It makes no sense for Mercedes to screw him on purpose, considering that they have a chance to finish 3rd in the WCC if Schumi didn't have car issues.

#7 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 2,541 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 22:37

The strange thing is that lately they are bullish with the car. Rosberg keeps saying the car is good, the car has pace, they are up there (and MS too), but when the race comes they are nowhere near where they think and say they are. But then again, we get a surprise every race, don't we?

#8 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,113 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 23:52

Sabotage! :wave:

#9 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 23:56

Well, can't say I can make myself vote for any of these ludicrous scenarios.

Whats going on? The field is very close and the tiniest problems have a big impact, on top of that MS has had some bad luck, which was only due after years and years of bad luck to many of his compatriots.

Rosberg is showing to be a very good driver, but the old fox showed he can still compete with the kids in Monaco.

#10 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 00:10

he was super lucky first time round, maybe its catching him up now?

#11 Siperoth

Siperoth

• 334 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 00:12

I blame Villeneuve. I suspect he might have went for visit to park ferme before the race starts so he can admire the rear wings and DRS systems of this new cars. :p

#12 SCEPurple

SCEPurple

• 326 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 00:13

Just seen Ross collecting his winnings in Coral.

:lol:

I'm sure it's just bad luck - "that's motor racing" as they say

#13 exogenesis1203

exogenesis1203

• 181 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 00:54

Let's make a list here to clear things up
Australia-gearbox failure
Malaysia-Grosjean ,well that's simply badluck
China-stupid pitstop
Bahrain-DRS failure in qualifying,gearbox penalty
Barcelona-Senna, well that's either Senna or his own fault
Monaco-Grosjean strikes again, and fuel pressure problem
Canada-stuck DRS

so, what else can go wrong for him this year? Maybe we will finally once again see those lovely blue smoke from a F1 engine?

#14 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:26

He's had the worst luck hands down. I don't buy conspiracy theories here. It will turn around, as his pole in monaco showed, you can't keep a good man down for long.

#15 Nathan

Nathan

• 7,075 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:11

I think Mercedes are quickly finding China was a one off and are planning to exit after this season. The signs are their, Schumacher's is in his last contracted season, they have not committed to the new Concorde, and they have not reached their stated goals. At least not as of yet, but it's not looking promising.