7 replies to this topic

#1 Diecastkiwis

Diecastkiwis

• 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:58

Hi everybody
yes maybe i should post in model section but this is the research phase
I would like to make a model of this car
Ulf's GTO driven by Chris Amon & Jackie Stewart in the Reims 12 Hours on the 5.7.1964 the car was number 29
but an unable to find pictures of the car
the base car is a 1/18 Bburago model if i was a better modeller I would use a better quality model but if i stuff it up the costs wont be as bad
thanks in advance
kevin

Advertisement

#2 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:46

You can find a colour picture of that Ferrari in Michel Bollée's book about the 12 heures de Reims. It is blue with a yellow stripe.

#3 Michael Clark

Michael Clark

• 285 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 22:55

Hi Die-cast

If you can get access to my 'Chris Amon - Celebreation of a Kiwi Icon' book, there is a colour photograph of that car. I don't have a copy of the book near me at the moment so I can't confirm what number the car carries in the photo.

If you can't access it - send me a PM.

Good luck

MAC

#4 Diecastkiwis

Diecastkiwis

• 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:57

Hi Die-cast

If you can get access to my 'Chris Amon - Celebreation of a Kiwi Icon' book, there is a colour photograph of that car. I don't have a copy of the book near me at the moment so I can't confirm what number the car carries in the photo.

If you can't access it - send me a PM.

Good luck

MAC

Hi Michael
yes I have the book Great book that was the cause of me starting the project and a couple of others
I was working on the Mclaren Trust stand over the weekends you and Chris both signed the book for me I was the guy selling the raffle tickets
the picture shows the 77 car fron Nurburgring I have found a side shot of the car with the number 29 from the Rhiems race just need to see a better pic of the front and rear to workout where and what size the numbers are
the other projects time and money permiting
1970 Ferrari 512 finished
1967 ferrari 330p4 lemans and monza
1969 Mclaren M8b
and a couple of matra's maybe
are you doing a Denny version?

#5 Diecastkiwis

Diecastkiwis

• 19 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:59

You can find a colour picture of that Ferrari in Michel Bollée's book about the 12 heures de Reims. It is blue with a yellow stripe.

thanks for the info do you have a copy of the book just need to see a front and rear shot if possible to check size ans placement of the racing numbers

#6 Herbert

Herbert

• 354 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00

thanks for the info do you have a copy of the book just need to see a front and rear shot if possible to check size ans placement of the racing numbers

The picture shows the car from the side. I can send you a scan of it by pm if you are still interested.

#7 Diecastkiwis

Diecastkiwis

• 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:07

The picture shows the car from the side. I can send you a scan of it by pm if you are still interested.

thanks for your help
have the side shot just looking for the elusive front or rear shots
I saw the actual car was involved in a crash recently hope the damage wasn't to bad

#8 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:02

Please respond to PM just send to you .