Photo

Give Maldonado a race ban

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
729 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Pastor Maldonado be banned from F1? (559 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pastor Maldonado be banned from F1?

1. Yes, he should receive at least a 1-race ban (252 votes [45.41%])

Percentage of vote: 45.41%

2. No, he hasn't done enough to warrant a ban (303 votes [54.59%])

Percentage of vote: 54.59%

Vote

#1 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,283 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:00

Webber doesn't dare to defend against Maldonado, because he knows he will crash into him. Other drivers all agree that it's dangerous to attempt fighting with Maldonado.

Maldonado drove right into the side of Hamilton without even ATTEMPTING to turn, with 2 laps left. He took aim on the sidepod of the McLaren and T-boned him.

If he can't race without crashing out and ruining other drivers weekends because of down right ******** moves, then he has got no place in F1.

I think they should re-evaluate his superlicence, simply because he is a big danger to other drivers and himself. Right now his attitude is "I don't care" whenever he takes someone else out, that needs to change.

Edited by Alx09, 26 June 2012 - 08:30.

Advertisement

#2 icecream

icecream

• 816 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:03

i was waiting for it.

#3 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:05

He's definitely involved in something too often. He'll not get a race-ban though, 'cause the case(s) against him aren't all clear in that they are 100% his fault.
What Webber said, tells you all you need to know about him though.
...and he rammed Hamilton.

#4 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:09

It was totally racing incident where nobody used their head. These GP2 guys man..

Kimi maybe finishes few places lower by yielding sometimes but he does finnish

#5 harrys

harrys

• 294 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:09

Pastor Maldonado has shown time and time again that he is out of control, causing more accidents than any other driver in F1 in the last 15 months. Even worse, he has used his car aggressively as a weapon on several occasions. Is it time for the venezuelan to be excluded from at least one grand-prix?

#6 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:11

Cmon get real,sh** happens.

#7 winas

winas

• 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:13

Maldonado is not able to think properly
he says that because lewis didn't left enough room for him to get back on the track, he had no other choice but to T bone him
His opinion on this is that Lewis Hamilton is at fault and should be penalized :drunk:

He should get a race ban, possibly for several races

#8 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 591 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:13

What did Webber say?

#9 LukeM

LukeM

• 966 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:26

he is a massive danger on track, he needs a serious warning

#10 GotYoubyTheBalls

GotYoubyTheBalls

• 301 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:27

No worse than what Hamilton was doing to people left right and center all last year.

#11 SilentKiller

SilentKiller

• 656 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:27

His worst move could have been at Turn 1 when he Cut Kimi. That could have caused a huge pile-up.

#12 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:29

If Maldonado gets a race ban he will change his ways... hopefully.

Lewis showed how fair he is with Grosjean, Maldonado just drove into the side of him.

#13 JimmyTheFox

JimmyTheFox

• 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:30

Hamilton should have shown some intelligence, his tyres were shot and he goes and hustles Maldonado off the track leaving him no room to comeback on the circuit in a safe manner. Hamilton has only got himself to blame, he threw away 4th place and a good haul of points.

#14 tty

tty

• 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:30

I'd agree with the ban only if you also ban Hamilton for pushing Maldonado off the track a couple of seconds prior to the accident.

#15 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:35

10 place grid penalty for Maldonado in Silverstone.

#16 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:37

Hamilton has been driving aggresively too, and he's been doing it for longer (he joined F1 4 years before Maldo) so I say ban 1 race ban for Maldo, 2 races ban for Hammy

#17 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

• 205 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:38

It's called racing. They both wanted the podium finish.

#18 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

"He tried to put me off the track," said Maldonado. "He didn't leave any room for me to stay on and do the corner side by side. I jumped over the kerb and I couldn't avoid the accident."

The Venezuelan felt Hamilton should have accepted that he was going to get overtaken as his McLaren's pace faded.

"I don't know why he drove like that," Maldonado said. "He was struggling too much with the tyres. He was completely lost and at that moment I was getting very good pace. He tried a very aggressive move on me."

#19 FastestSector

FastestSector

• 80 posts

I agree, look at this

Disgusting move.

Advertisement

#20 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,510 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:46

I agree, look at this

Disgusting move.

Having seen that, I have no doubt that this should be a penalty for Pastor. No excuses for that.

#21 Wolbo

Wolbo

• 12,539 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:48

What a dumb move by Hamilton trying to defend his position so aggressively when his rear tires were completely gone and he had no hope of staying in front of Maldonado. Surprised he still shows such lack of racing intelligence at times. He'll have to chalk this up as a learning experience.

#22 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:49

What did Webber say?

After Maldonado passed him he told his team he just didn't want to defend against "that guy".

#23 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:51

I agree, look at this

Disgusting move.

He tried to overtake. Racing incident.

#24 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 3,528 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:51

As Chandhok explained, Maldonado have no steering over the kerb, so could have not avoided this crash. But Hamilton could have avoided it had he not pushed Maldonado off-track.

#25 gincarnated

gincarnated

• 457 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:52

What a dumb move by Hamilton trying to defend his position so aggressively when his rear tires were completely gone and he had no hope of staying in front of Maldonado. Surprised he still shows such lack of racing intelligence at times. He'll have to chalk this up as a learning experience.

It was brilliant defending.

That move by Maldonado was one of the dumbest things i've seen in a while. His excuse is that Lewis didn't leave him enough room to RE-ENTER the track so he had to drive into him. Really? This guy can't be serious.

#26 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:54

They should revoke his superlicense for a year and have him do another year in a lower series. He's simply too dangerous and unskilled for F1 wheel to wheel racing.
And I'm not just talking about the Hamilton incident, he nearly crashed Kimi out twice at the start and every single one of his overtakes was on the edge of ending in disaster. Multiply that by the amount of races he's done this year and it's a miracle nobody has gotten seriously hurt. He's wrecked a few dozen million euros worth of cars if nothing else.
He's too dangerous to keep around. A total moron behind the wheel.

#27 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:54

Why do some claim Hamilton "pushed Maldonado off track?"
I think it was just a case of him trying to brake as late as he dared, which will sometimes make you miss the apex and drift a bit wide.

#28 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 8,584 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:55

I don't think he needs a ban.

But as a Schumacher fan, I have to say when Schumacher was 5th I was highly confident a podium was his when I saw Pastor and Lewis battling...

#29 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,292 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:56

As Chandhok explained, Maldonado have no steering over the kerb, so could have not avoided this crash. But Hamilton could have avoided it had he not pushed Maldonado off-track.

Rubbish.

Observe what Hamilton does. It's what the sea of concrete at Valencia is there for.

#30 4MEN

4MEN

• 1,556 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:57

Hamilton should have shown some intelligence, his tyres were shot and he goes and hustles Maldonado off the track leaving him no room to comeback on the circuit in a safe manner. Hamilton has only got himself to blame, he threw away 4th place and a good haul of points.

:up:
You can defend your position on destroyed tires for a couple of corners, but with 2 laps to go, it was a matter of time he would lose against Maldonado. Alonso said in Canada that he didn't make difficult the passing because he would lose more time than fighting. That's something Hamilton must learn. Maybe he has today!.

Edited by 4MEN, 24 June 2012 - 15:10.

#31 BRK

BRK

• 5,197 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:57

Banned? Maybe not, though I think he was more at fault for today's incident. But ramming into cars because the drivers pissed him (referring to the clash with Perez in Monaco and at Spa last year) off is not okay, he really needs to calm down a little.

#32 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:58

How anyone can apportion any blame to Lewis just smacks of blind hatred and a total lack of understanding of racing etiquette!

#33 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 14:58

They should revoke his superlicense for a year and have him do another year in a lower series. He's simply too dangerous and unskilled for F1 wheel to wheel racing.

They should discuss this when they have meetings over cost-cutting! Having him out for a year would save everyone some money on car rebuilds.

#34 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,096 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:00

It's called racing

#35 Currahee

Currahee

• 596 posts

I felt Maldonado couldn't really steer while on the kerbs.

I'd put it down to a racing incident but I think his previous will go against him.

#36 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

This ^^^^

There was no need to leave Maldonado no room
An intelligent driver building a WDC campaign would have conceded that place and have brought the points home
I knew Maldonado would be very aggressive against Lewis after their incidents last year
only expected them to tangle at the beginning of the race

No need for a ban, racing incident

:cool:

#37 paulogman

paulogman

• 2,642 posts

seeing that replay I think people blaming maldonado for the incident are hamilton fan boys.
hamilton drove to the edge of the track with a car on it's way past him.
foolish move by hamilton.
if maldonado gets a penalty for that, what's the point in having the race at all?
just pick a winner before the weekend and skip all the nonsense on track...

#38 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:02

I'm astonished at people blaming Hamilton, what did he do wrong, you are allowed to place your car like that. Pastor should have gone over the kerbs and tried again, instead he sees the kerb thinks not to take that road but instead goes for a unsafe re-entry onto the track. He should have also slowed once off the track and fell back behind Hamilton and tried again like the other drivers did when they go off the track.

#39 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:02

Drove into the side of another car because he had a right to get back on the track?? I'm not sure Maldo can ever be trusted to be on a racetrack.

Advertisement

#40 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:03

It's funny how Pastor thinks nobody will defend against him. And at the same time he doesn't give any space at all himself either. (for example Kimi at the start) He doesn't have any respect for other drivers.

#41 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 375 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:03

Funny how fast people can forget. If Maldonado gets a race ban, Hamilton should get a lifetime ban for the things he pulled last season.

#42 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,751 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:04

If he was completely off track then there is no doubt who was at fault. The rules are clear.

#43 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:05

Anyone asking for race ban is over reacting big time. Anyone blaming Lewis should stay away from race tracks.

Maldonado´s move was moronic, it deserves a 10 place grid penalty.

#44 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,151 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:06

"He tried to put me off the track," said Maldonado. "He didn't leave any room for me to stay on and do the corner side by side. I jumped over the kerb and I couldn't avoid the accident."

The Venezuelan felt Hamilton should have accepted that he was going to get overtaken as his McLaren's pace faded.

"I don't know why he drove like that," Maldonado said. "He was struggling too much with the tyres. He was completely lost and at that moment I was getting very good pace. He tried a very aggressive move on me."

LOL Maldonado is an idiot! he did the very same thing on the excatly same place for Kimi :mad:

#45 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,937 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:07

Schumi defended hard today, and there was another driver who pitted late and was holding back lots of car, some got through but not Maldonado way.

#46 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:08

There's talk now of Maldonado being demoted ten places on the Silverstone-grid.
Sir Frank Williams will be so happy with him.

#47 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

They should discuss this when they have meetings over cost-cutting! Having him out for a year would save everyone some money on car rebuilds.

:lol: :| It's actually true that having Maldonado 'battle' with your car for position usually costs you more than tyre warmers for the next 10 years. No joke.

#48 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,557 posts

I certainly wouldn't ban Pastor for today's incident. It was his fault but I put it firmly in the clumsy category. However I do think a ban should have been enforced for his antics against Perez at Monaco. That was disgusting.

When was the last time drivers were banned purely for on-track incidents? I can think of a couple in 1994 off the top of my head. First was Irvine getting a race ban for causing the huge crash at Interlagos, which was later increased to 3 races under appeal. Suzuki and de Cesaris subbed for him IIRC. Later in the year Hakkinen received a ban for pushing Barrichello (?) out of the way at Silverstone, and Alliot substituted for him. Are there any more recent than that?

#49 DaddyCool

DaddyCool

• 1,815 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:09

Hate to dissappoint, but I want to see RACING not conceding positions without a fight to build up WDC campaigns (no matter the pilot)...

#50 cdracer

cdracer

• 163 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:09

It is up to the driver who left the track to return to the track in a safe manner regardless of how he get there.

It is never the driver who is on the tracks responsibility to give someone room to return to the track

Fia regs