Photo

Denny photos

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Clark

Michael Clark

• 286 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 21:28

The Bruce McLaren Trust have again asked me to produce a book in conjunction with the next Festival in January 2013 which will honour Denny. This follows the Festivals honouring Bruce in 2010 and Chris in 2011 - we put together books for both Festivals and these are available on the Bruce McLaren Trust website.

I met with Phil Kerr and his wife Pat on Sunday - Pat was already photographing motor racing before she and Phil got together and has a great collection. We're meeting Greeta and Anita this Saturday to go over their photos but the Trust have taken me up on an idea of offering a free book to anyone who provides a photo that we choose to use.

We have plenty of orange McLarens and green Brabhams but this being TNF, it is inevitable that some treasures are out there of a wide range of things - maybe the Honda at the Ring, a Mk 2 Jag, Coopers, Porsche, Eagle, Ferrari and so on. I know Greeta has a great photo of the BT8 but if you have something, and we use it, the offer is there - together with appropriate recognition in the book.

The books aren't major works - only around 100 pages - but I'm delighted to say that Pete Lyons and Eoin Young have agreed to pen joint Forewords for the Denny effort.

Advertisement

#2 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,451 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 22:38

Sounds lovely... please keep us posted, Michael.

#3 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,812 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:15

:up:

#4 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:15

And great books they are too. Thanks for them Michael.

#5 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:08

Having access to the Sid Taylor archives, I have many interesting Denny pics, as you might imagine. Please pm me with contact details Michael and I'll show you what we have.

#6 xj13v12

xj13v12

• 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:45

Michael, please send me a message so I can give you my email. I don't know how to post photos here.

I have a nice shot of Denny driving Bob Jane's McLaren M6 Repco at the 2nd Adelaide AGP. No helmet waving to the crowd.

#7 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,451 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56

Michael, please send me a message so I can give you my email. I don't know how to post photos here.

XJ, this might help:
http://forums.autosp...showtopic=70638

It's a bit quirky, but like most things technical quite easy once you "know how."

ImageShack is all I've used here but works well.

[Edit: Watermarks are recommended for your protection :) ]

Edited by E1pix, 26 June 2012 - 08:57.

#8 xj13v12

xj13v12

• 265 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:59

XJ, this might help:
http://forums.autosp...showtopic=70638

It's a bit quirky, but like most things technical quite easy once you "know how."

ImageShack is all I've used here but works well.

[Edit: Watermarks are recommended for your protection :) ]

Thanks, I don't have imageshack so that's part of the problem. I am not a professional so I don't feel the need to protect any photos I have taken myself.

#9 Nigel Beresford

Nigel Beresford

• 1,089 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:19

For what its worth, I've found Postimage.org to be very straightforward and simple to use for posting photos to this forum, using the "Hotlink for forums" option.

#10 Macca

Macca

• 3,726 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 14:21

I used to use Imageshack but they have lost a lot of my pictures, and they now limit free accounts to 500 pictures so I now use Photobucket - the disadvantage is that I can't seem to use thumbnails from them.

Paul M

#11 Michael Clark

Michael Clark

• 286 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 22:47

Thank you all for your comments and PMs.

Tony, I will get a PM organised as you suggest.