Photo

Processor Speeds on PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 16:38

So I have a relatively old laptop (well, bought it in 2008) and it was one of the lower end models. It has a 1.87 GHz processor. I want to play the game: Kart Racing Pro, and I meet all of the minimum requirements except the 2.0 GHz processor. I'm not too big on computer knowledge, so maybe my question is a no-brainer, but will the game not work properly?

Advertisement

#2 SPBHM

SPBHM

• 1,068 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 19:35

you can download and test it, the game works as a demo before buying...
the worst case I can see is the game just not working properly (probably to "slow", low framerate),
but don't be so sure about your hardware being bellow the acceptable for the game, most of these "requirements" just give you a basic idea of what is needed, but they are normally overly simplistic, a 2GHz CPU is just to generic, it can be many different CPUs with a huge difference in performance,
since you have a laptop I also would be more worried about your video performance, what king of GPU you have?
older integrated intel graphics should be a problem (GMA 4500 and slower),

#3 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,319 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 20:09

you can download and test it, the game works as a demo before buying...
the worst case I can see is the game just not working properly (probably to "slow", low framerate),
but don't be so sure about your hardware being bellow the acceptable for the game, most of these "requirements" just give you a basic idea of what is needed, but they are normally overly simplistic, a 2GHz CPU is just to generic, it can be many different CPUs with a huge difference in performance,
since you have a laptop I also would be more worried about your video performance, what king of GPU you have?
older integrated intel graphics should be a problem (GMA 4500 and slower),

GMA 3100, and yeah, I did download it, and in default settings it was choppy and didn't work properly.

#4 Absulute

Absulute

• 1,049 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:41

I'd say your graphics card is the biggest limiting factor here.

Unfortunately, your laptop just wasn't designed to play games.