* * * * - 9 votes

Lotus E20 - 2012 - Part II

• Please log in to reply
3555 replies to this topic

#3201 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:34

Not so sure about that, they sponsor Red Bull as well but they don't have french drivers only engines :) and judging by the comments from Lotus, they don't need french driver.

Red Bull don't need french driver because Red Bull is Renault works team like Renault F1 before.

Now Lotus is only a customer, so Total don't need Lotus.

However Lotus needs Total.

Advertisement

#3202 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53

Red Bull don't need french driver because Red Bull is Renault works team like Renault F1 before.

Now Lotus is only a customer, so Total don't need Lotus.

However Lotus needs Total.

Yes but Red Bull needs sponsors as well and Total is a sponsor for them as they are for Lotus.

#3203 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:56

Yes but Red Bull needs sponsors as well and Total is a sponsor for them as they are for Lotus.

Not really, Total has an obligation to sponsor Red Bull, because Red Bull is Renault works team.

They have no obligation to sponsor Lotus, so Total put his own conditions to sponsor Lotus.

As simple as that.

There are some contractual matters between Total and french car maker choice.

Red Bull could have gone to Petrobras but they could not as they were Renault works team.

#3204 nectar

nectar

• 97 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:19

Kimi has a way to go...and it's home.he doesn't need F1.

haha, hilarious comment, and true, the man himself probably is more chilled out than we do.
But F1 needs him, without KR it's at most a show business, and i won't even care.

#3205 wiry

wiry

• 158 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:11

I haven't seen him for a while now at a GP.

apparently, Gerard Lopez will be in SP this weekend.
Hope he will clear up the latest rumours and reveal some positive news regarding the team’s future

#3206 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:23

Coca-Cola set to enter F1
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104458

Count it be? they would surely get the best value for money with a team like Lotus?

Edited by Torsion, 22 November 2012 - 12:24.

#3207 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24

apparently, Gerard Lopez will be in SP this weekend.
Hope he will clear up the latest rumours and reveal some positive news regarding the team’s future

Interesting, may be it has something to do with the coca-cola thing.

#3208 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:24

http://burn.com/en_G...la1_racing.html

#3209 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:26

yeeeeehaa! :smoking:

#3210 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,884 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27

Yes man, great news :clap: I might now try one can of it after all :p

Edited by Jovanotti, 22 November 2012 - 12:28.

#3211 Masahiro

Masahiro

• 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27

Great news.

#3212 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:29

came Kimi, came Coca-Cola as well. they sure liked the malaysia 2009 free advertise! :smoking:

#3213 wiry

wiry

• 158 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30

Posted Image

#3214 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:33

Ive never seen a can of Burn in shops yet, anyone else had it before?

#3215 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:33

this is exactly the kind of news what I wanted to hear after the recent money problem news. :) I hope it is indeed the big sponsor with the 32m $ / year that speedweek reported!

#3216 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34

Ive never seen a can of Burn in shops yet, anyone else had it before?

it is pretty big in hungary, one of the most expensive brands.

#3217 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34

Translated by Nicole

The situation in Lotus is weakening. A large part of Kimi’s salaries are not paid and engineers from the team are going to McLaren.

Despite their success Lotus-team’s finance is in the toilet and Räikkönen is waiting for his salaries to be paid. Reportedly the team would need 70 million euros in order to continue like normally next year.

According to Auto Motor und Sport several engineers from Lotus have already applied for a new job in McLaren and a large amount of Räikkönen’s salary is still unpaid.

Räikkönen became more expensive to the team than expected, because his salary is very largely based upon bonuses for WC-points. In Lotus-camp they estimated before the season that Räikkönen will score one hundred points at the most. At the moment he has already scored 206 points.

If Räikkönen doesn’t get all his money after the season, then he might well leave Lotus. Because of the situation with the salary, Räikkönen’s camp has just in case investigated the situation in Force India. There is a long line there. Over ten drivers are trying to become Paul di Resta’s new teammate.

The CEO Gerard Lopez admits that the situation is difficult in the whole F1-serie at the moment.

- They have made many things wrong in F1 over the last years. It’s incredibly difficult to sell our sport, Lopez complained to German Sport Auto -magazine.

Janne Aittoniemi

http://www.iltasanom...8517834198.html

:| damn, fingers crossed it is not true

About the red part: I have not read that in AMuS. Maybe I've missed an article there, but I have really not seen that.

In the article about Force India, they said Räikkönen had been one of the drivers asking there in case he didn't get his salary, but it doesn't say the salaries are unpaid or that the engineers are asking in McLaren.

#3218 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35

If it is a title sponsor, I wonder that the full team name would be

Lotus Burn F1 :)

Edited by Torsion, 22 November 2012 - 12:39.

#3219 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,884 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:35

If Burn is indeed the big sponsor, I think we can definitely put the rumours about engineers and/or Kimi leaving to rest.

Edited by Jovanotti, 22 November 2012 - 12:40.

Advertisement

#3220 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:39

Hopefully not a tiny sticker, but it is a good way to answer money-problems talk.

#3221 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:47

lol I highly doubt that it is tiny sponsorship. They want to fight vs Red Bull and Lucathingy so I believe that they will be pretty visible = give a lot of cash

#3222 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:57

So Coca Cola is in with Kimi. Magnum and maybe McDonalds to follow? :p

Edited by F.M., 22 November 2012 - 12:57.

#3223 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:58

ESPN Article

Coca-Cola sponsors Lotus

Coca-Cola has entered Formula One as a sponsor of the Lotus team using its burn energy drink.

Rumours throughout the season were linking Coca-Cola with a title sponsorship of McLaren as Vodafone was reportedly considering pulling out of the sport. However, Coca-Cola wants to promote its energy drink through the sport, putting it in direct competition with Red Bull and Lucozade - carried by McLaren - and as a result it has gone in to partnership with Lotus to give itself a presence in the sport.

Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said that he was "proud" the team had been able to attract such a large brand.

"We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company [via burn] has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership," Boullier said. "We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media."

Edited by Kimifinfan, 22 November 2012 - 12:59.

#3224 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:04

Kimi is a team leader - he has turned Lotus into a Rockstar team! They are a fresh, creative and fun racing team! Even though they do all of this they still maintain "going racing" as their main passion! Sure there have been mistakes, strategic or otherwise, but they are improving!

I feel that as they give Raikkonen a more prominent role he will lead them to the top! Kimi is not one to demand such a role - but they must treat him in that way yet it must be relaxed! Your traditional team leader is like working at Microsoft whereas having Kimi is more like working at Google, if you get what I mean :p

#3225 CrashPad

CrashPad

• 242 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:06

and maybe McDonalds to follow? :p

Are you trying to imply Montoya is returning to F1?  ;)

#3226 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:06

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#3227 DrF

DrF

• 1,429 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:08

Kimi is a team leader - he has turned Lotus into a Rockstar team! They are a fresh, creative and fun racing team! Even though they do all of this they still maintain "going racing" as their main passion! Sure there have been mistakes, strategic or otherwise, but they are improving!

I feel that as they give Raikkonen a more prominent role he will lead them to the top! Kimi is not one to demand such a role - but they must treat him in that way yet it must be relaxed! Your traditional team leader is like working at Microsoft whereas having Kimi is more like working at Google, if you get what I mean :p

Except that Microsoft sponsors Lotus

#3228 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:11

Time to start drinking :smoking: Burn

#3229 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:12

Thanks for this.

I'm not getting a "big money" vibe from this yet, but that might change when they make the formal announcement in Brazil.

#3230 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:13

And hopefully that should put all rumours of financial problems to rest and rumours that Kimi should go elsewhere in 2014!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

#3231 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:17

This is great news, obviously, but I wonder if it isn't basically a replacement for a Total that might be leaving. In other words, not a solution to the main money problem, but at least a solution to the problem of that Grosjean basically has been a wash-out as far as sponsorship is concerned, as it looks like after what happened this season they are losing their French sponsors.

Hopefully, it's more, but somehow I see the overall situation being somewhat similar to beginning of this season, except with Lotus the company has gone under and word that says "Total" on wings replaced with word that says "Burn".

Edited by 2ms, 22 November 2012 - 13:20.

#3232 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:19

Time to start drinking :smoking: Burn

just bought one to celebrate the news :smoking: I always fall for these. I was always drinking hell in 2010 when they sponsored Williams.

#3233 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:31

This is great news, obviously, but I wonder if it isn't basically a replacement for a Total that might be leaving. In other words, not a solution to the main money problem, but at least a solution to the problem of that Grosjean basically has been a wash-out as far as sponsorship is concerned, as it looks like after what happened this season they are losing their French sponsors.

Hopefully, it's more, but somehow I see the overall situation being somewhat similar to beginning of this season, except with Lotus the company has gone under and word that says "Total" on wings replaced with word that says "Burn".

After recent declaration from bouiller about Grosjean i would not think so.

Grosjean is there for long term.

http://www.f1i.com/i...bon-quhamilton/

We believe in him.
For us he is a long-term project and we consider him to be similar to (what McLaren did with) Lewis Hamilton.
He has shown he is able to do superb racing, but then of course there were some errors that sometimes cost him very dearly.
More recently he has been a bit more cautious and has been building up again, but I am sure that in 2013 we will see the real Romain

Edited by Viryfan, 22 November 2012 - 13:32.

#3234 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 151 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:36

Except that Microsoft sponsors Lotus

Haha - we all know they're trying to change their image in recent years! Hell everyone's trying to change their image after the world has seen Googles corporate culture!

And hopefully that should put all rumours of financial problems to rest and rumours that Kimi should go elsewhere in 2014!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well hopefully it does but as our man himself says nothing is certain F1 - even a contract can be broken. I honestly don't know where Kimi will be in 2014 but I like it that way now - makes you appreciate the here and now! Kimi has taught us to enjoy race by race as he says! No use in predicting the future :D

just bought one to celebrate the news :smoking: I always fall for these. I was always drinking hell in 2010 when they sponsored Williams.

Errmm thats the big question hey - how in the world does it taste?? LOL - hope its not crap - if its good I will switch from Redbull - my $200 a years energy drink budget will go to Lotus so they can pay Kimis salary! I don't want to pay for Neweys cars anymore :p

#3235 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:40

Errmm thats the big question hey - how in the world does it taste?? LOL - hope its not crap - if its good I will switch from Redbull - my $200 a years energy drink budget will go to Lotus so they can pay Kimis salary! I don't want to pay for Neweys cars anymore :p

not the usual tutti-frutti taste, it tastes as a sort of exotic mix, maybe tutti frutti + pineapple. unusual, but good.

#3236 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:41

LOTUS F1 TEAM IGNITES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH BURN; THE COCA-COLA COMPANY RETURNS TO FORMULA 1
Lotus F1 Team ignites new partnership with burn; the COCA-COLA Company returns to Formula 1

Posted Image

The Coca-Cola Company will return to Formula 1 in January 2013 through its global energy brand “burn” in a multi-year sponsorship of Lotus F1 Team. Details of the sponsorship will be revealed in 2013 when the partnership officially launches.

EMMANUEL SEUGE, GROUP DIRECTOR, WORLDWIDE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING, THE COCA-COLA COMPANY:
“The creativity of teams and the passion for speed and energy that fuel the sport of Formula 1, make a partnership with this iconic sporting property a compelling proposition for the burn brand. Lotus F1 Team, as the number one emerging challenger in the sport, has demonstrated exceptional creativity in their approach to Formula 1 racing and their collaborations with partners - an approach that mirrors the philosophy of burn. We will bring that same creativity through burn, incorporating art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional Formula 1 sponsorship marketing.

Burn is available in more than 80 countries throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.

ERIC BOULLIER, TEAM PRINCIPAL, LOTUS F1 TEAM:
“We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership. We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media; an area in which our team has been at the cutting edge in Formula 1 for the past 18 months, recording the highest growth rate amongst fans this year."

ABOUT THE COCA-COLA COMPANY
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world’s most valuable brand, our Company’s portfolio features 15 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world’s largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world’s top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo or check out our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled, at www.coca-colablog.com.

ABOUT BURN
Burn is a category leader in the global energy drink explosion. The red formula is a symbol of active fire, that provides Guetta & Guetta and other drinkers the energy needed to leave their original vision on the world. Dismantling category norms, consumers embody a live-out-loud mentality, without fear of boundaries created by society. Burn is a brand of The Coca-Cola Company. Burn is available in over 80 countries worldwide.

http://www.lotusf1te...22.html?lang=en

Edited by F.M., 22 November 2012 - 13:43.

#3237 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:45

How it is to lead such pessimitsic and whining life style?

Francophobia maybe?

#3238 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:46

This is why Kimi's managers were quiet and said no comment to money issues because they were told not to say anything, they knew about the big sponsor ;)

#3239 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:47

So Coca Cola is in with Kimi. Magnum and maybe McDonalds to follow? :p

i was gonna say that .... i'm over the moon, but here in Germany, i've not seen anything named 'Burn'

Btw, another piece of good news, lotusF1's new simulator is up and running. hopefully will bring some much needed pace to the car's development and quench the rumor of the teams future with 'Burn' :smoking:

LotusF1 teams new simulator up and running

Lotus's hopes of making further progress on track next season have been boosted with its new simulator now fully up and running.

The Frenchman said that there was still more calibration work to do before the team could be satisfied it was ready but, by the start of next season, the outfit should be on a good development path with it.

Grosjean's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them. :p

Advertisement

#3240 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:49

If it is a title sponsor, I wonder that the full team name would be

Lotus Burn F1 :)

we should ask Nick Heidfeld about it ... :p

Posted Image

#3241 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:52

Simulator is also up and running!

Grosjean's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them. :lol:

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104459

#3242 icewest07

icewest07

• 220 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:59

This is from some guy commenting the news on PF1, it made me laugh :lol:

"I can see the ads now, Kimi is out partying one evening, cut to Kimi snoozing in the garage, Kimi drinks can of Burn. Cue pics of Kimi racing/overtaking/winning the race, cut to clip of Kimi passed out in the garage unable to finish his ice cream after the race... I'd buy that!!! Or Alternatively, show Grosjean preparing for a race, show him ignoring his can of Burn, starting the race and crashing into everyone, as he walks in, he spots the can of Burn and takes it with him to his stewards meeting..."

:up:

Edited by icewest07, 22 November 2012 - 14:00.

#3243 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:00

that's how the car looked when Genii bought this team:

Posted Image

#3244 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:03

Seems like Lopez doesnt talk recently much, but as far as I can see he is rather looking for sponsorships.

#3245 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:09

that's how the car looked when Genii bought this team:

Posted Image

Yes they have certainly done well.

It would be funny if they had a large 'Burn' on the back of the rear wing - especially when the car overtakes another car :).

#3246 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:50

According to RMC Burn will bring 40 million euros.

#3247 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:52

According to RMC Burn will bring 40 million euros.

For what period of time? It's hard to belive it would be yearly

Or it is if this it title sponsorship deal

Edited by korzeniow, 22 November 2012 - 14:54.

#3248 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:01

For what period of time? It's hard to belive it would be yearly

Or it is if this it title sponsorship deal

They most likely will be title sponsor, Lotus doesnt have one now.

#3249 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:04

Yes they have certainly done well.

It would be funny if they had a large 'Burn' on the back of the rear wing - especially when the car overtakes another car :).

If this is true, we can say, bye bye to Grosjean.

#3250 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 359 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:06

If this is true, we can say, bye bye to Grosjean.

How can you deduce this?

I see a lot of Grosjean bash here.....

I think he will be there, he is there for future.