Time for the next technical row?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FerrariAlonso

FerrariAlonso

• 409 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 14:48

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/101169

McLaren claimed some time ago that some teams were set to introduce interesting solutions and interpretatations of the super DRS in Germany. Lotus should be one of those teams. Firstly, I can't understand how on earth McLaren knew about other team's plans. Secondly, I haven't got a clue how it can be interpreted more wisely.

Advertisement

#2 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 14:54

Well Lotus do need some more top speed. I'm curious as to how creative they can be without generating a storm of protests.

#3 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 14:55

What technical row? Everything in the spirit of DRS, as says Brawn. It was long time coming that other teams will exploit it.

#4 FerrariAlonso

FerrariAlonso

• 409 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:04

What technical row? Everything in the spirit of DRS, as says Brawn. It was long time coming that other teams will exploit it.

That is exactly the point. Some team seem to extend the limits with "inetersting" solution with thinking over the original concept.

#5 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:09

Well Lotus do need some more top speed. I'm curious as to how creative they can be without generating a storm of protests.

I though Lotus has been one of the fastest cars through the speed trap all year, maybe I am thinking of someone else. :confused:

#6 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 15:13

I though Lotus has been one of the fastest cars through the speed trap all year, maybe I am thinking of someone else. :confused:

Yes, they were usualy the fastest with Valencia being exception.

#7 FerrariAlonso

FerrariAlonso

• 409 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 23:46

"Williams worked on aerodynamics and data gathering during Friday afternoon, running with a number of small holes in the nose cone linked to tubing which flowed out over the front wing." - Autosport.

Were Williams testing his own super DRS concept?

#8 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,463 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 00:10

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/101169

McLaren claimed some time ago that some teams were set to introduce interesting solutions and interpretatations of the super DRS in Germany. Lotus should be one of those teams. Firstly, I can't understand how on earth McLaren knew about other team's plans. Secondly, I haven't got a clue how it can be interpreted more wisely.

I assume they estimated the rate of development based on their own designs. I think we may see something DDRS related on McLaren's car this weekend.