Tommy Robb Festival of 1000 Bikes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 18:23

Hi there.
Just a few lines to say that I wish Tommy Robb a speedy recovery following his tumble at the Festival of 1000 Bikes on Sunday in the Past Masters parade. Current news is that he had broken ribs, a punctured lung and abrations but is doing well. Still in Leicester at the moment due to a high heart rate and blood pressure but he's sitting up and very much with us.

Advertisement

#2 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:07

Just uploaded my footage of the Past Masters session in which Tommy fell. I get passed on yellow and red flags by one rider who gets pretty close to the accident. Another issue is the speed difference between the bikes on track and I just feel more needs to be done to even things out. If the fastest rider was unsighted coming up to the slowest rider there would be a really bad outcome. I've written to James Hewing at the VMCC to see if this can be addressed in some way. On a lighter note it was nice to follow Sophie Smith around on her Rob North Triumph.

#3 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:03

Hi there.
Just a few lines to say that I wish Tommy Robb a speedy recovery following his tumble at the Festival of 1000 Bikes on Sunday in the Past Masters parade. Current news is that he had broken ribs, a punctured lung and abrations but is doing well. Still in Leicester at the moment due to a high heart rate and blood pressure but he's sitting up and very much with us.

Yes, lets hope he's ok. Thanks for the info, RC. What were you riding?

#4 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:36

Yes, lets hope he's ok. Thanks for the info, RC. What were you riding?

This little beasty !

Posted Image

#5 Stu Pidman

Stu Pidman

• 60 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:14

Beasty?
Beauty I think.
My best wishes to Tommy for a speedy recovery.
Was his downfall caused by someone else?

#6 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:59

Beasty?
Beauty I think.
My best wishes to Tommy for a speedy recovery.
Was his downfall caused by someone else?

Well someone has mentioned to me that Tommy thought he may have had a tap from behind but there are a lot of people who spectate in that area so hopefully someone may have seen it clearly and the real answer will come out. Trouble is there are a lot of riders on track at the time and their speed varies vastly so this kind of thing, if true, is always a possibility.

#7 Stu Pidman

Stu Pidman

• 60 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:23

My immediate thought is that anyone fast enough to tap Tommy from behind was probably out of control at the time.
Perhaps he was forced to slow and take avoiding action.

#8 bonzo

bonzo

• 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:07

I received the following e mail on Saturday from Tommy, as I said to him "we donĀ“t bounce like we used to".
He is out of danger, just very sore.
B

To all my wonderful,kind and concerned friends.

To those who have kindly contacted me following my argument with the Mallory Park
tarmac last Sunday, I would like to thank you for your get well wishes, which have arrived
during this week and were awaiting my return last night(Friday) after spending five nights of dedicated
attention under the loving care of the Leicester Hospital staff.

After being stretchered off the track by those great people in the Mallory Park Medical Centre
I was diagnosed as having six broken ribs, a punctured lung, which was successfully drained,
a broken right hand small finger and a damaged tendon on the left hand ring finger,
plus the usual bruises all over. And believe you me the pain of broken ribs at the age of 77
is still much the same as when I first had the same injury,grass tracking, 60 years ago at age 17

So everyone, please accept my sincerest thanks for your concern and to my lovely wife and children.
Natalie,Tanya ,Glenn and Corienne, sorry for being such a twit.

Lots of love to you all,

Tommy

#9 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 14:36

Yes, bonzo, very good news. Thanks for passing it on.

#10 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 16:22

Yes, bonzo, very good news. Thanks for passing it on.

Yes , indeed , many thanks :up:

#11 Stu Pidman

Stu Pidman

• 60 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:28

Thanks for the update bonzo and don't go telling him any jokes.
Laughing, coughing and sneezing are banned for 6 weeks.
Doctor's orders.