Photo
- - - - -

Alternative to Fanvision - FM radio commentary ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnhen

johnhen

• 62 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 23:52

Hi all,

I'm off to the Hungarian Gp next weekend. I've been looking into renting a fanvision unit for the weekend, and while it looks excellent, I'm only really interested in having commentary in my ear as theres a screen in front of my grandstand and the timing doesnt particulary bother me.

I was at Melbourne in 09 and there was commentary available trackside on FM radio, I was able to tune it in with my phone and found it very useful.

Does anyone know if such a service is provided at the Hungaroring ?

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,037 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 00:29

Hi all,

I'm off to the Hungarian Gp next weekend. I've been looking into renting a fanvision unit for the weekend, and while it looks excellent, I'm only really interested in having commentary in my ear as theres a screen in front of my grandstand and the timing doesnt particulary bother me.

I was at Melbourne in 09 and there was commentary available trackside on FM radio, I was able to tune it in with my phone and found it very useful.

Does anyone know if such a service is provided at the Hungaroring ?

You would have to listen to the track PA...

Get the kangaroo tv thingy...
It's invaluable.
Jp

#3 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:11

You would have to listen to the track PA...

Get the kangaroo tv thingy...
It's invaluable.
Jp

It's unlikely Hungary would have the PA commentary in English. If they do, that would most likely be in Hungarian methinks.

Frankly, I could not rave more about the FanVision. Since we published this video (http://grandprixadvi...ortable-tv-unit), I bought a G3 unit in Melbourne this year and noticed how improved the experience is compared to a G2 rental.

Having the ability to leave the grandstand seat and videowall opposite to wander around the track is also a major plus.

Edited by GrandPrixAdvisor, 25 July 2012 - 04:12.

#4 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:07

Hi!

I'm travelling to Japan and Korea for the GPs and fancy me one of those little TVs.

Currently in Melbourne, you think I should buy one in advance? Or would a rental be more adequate? I plan to do all the GPs in the coming years, so maybe buying a unit would be cheaper and more practical?

Thanks for your advice