* * * - - 13 votes

Sebastian Vettel Thread Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3900 replies to this topic

#1901 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 849 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:53

Seb sure has a car avantage on the last couple races in regards of speed i would think at least. Howecer this whole season was such an up and own i wouldn't be surprised if Alonso was 30 in the lead after next race (not that i want it!)

5 races to go still feels like half a season ahead to me.

Advertisement

#1902 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,725 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:30

Yeah it was a great day today but lets remember that everything can change in an instant.

5 races to go, 125 points up for grabs, Sebastian just needs to deliver like he did today and have luck on his side.

#1903 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:00

Yeah it was a great day today but lets remember that everything can change in an instant.

5 races to go, 125 points up for grabs, Sebastian just needs to deliver like he did today and have luck on his side.

We will have some ideas whether Red Bull's Double DRS really gives them the advantage because Korea has 3 long straights where last year, the maximum speeds reached on those straights were in excess of 300kph. A new front wing and a DDRS for Japanese GP and a further upgrade in Korea - looking good for Red Bull.

#1904 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:28

We will have some ideas whether Red Bull's Double DRS really gives them the advantage because Korea has 3 long straights where last year, the maximum speeds reached on those straights were in excess of 300kph. A new front wing and a DDRS for Japanese GP and a further upgrade in Korea - looking good for Red Bull.

DDRS was introduced in singapore.;)

#1905 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,953 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:33

But Vettel still can't overtake....just kidding, Vettel is an f1 great, you can't really argue against a driver with a record as good as his

#1906 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:36

Sebastian... gotta admire him (I say as a non-fan), his no-frills work ethic, dedication, hunger, determination...he could arrive at Ferrari in 2014 as a 4-time WDC.

#1907 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:42

Sebastian... gotta admire him (I say as a non-fan), his no-frills work ethic, dedication, hunger, determination...he could arrive at Ferrari in 2014 as a 4-time WDC.

I expect RBR to beggin their decline at some point in the future. Fame cannot rest on shoulders of one or two men only forever, and I hope Seb will know when time will come to say thanks for all, and bye. Still, Ferrari is a team with history, but right now I think they have not learned much from A-team in Schumacher era. JT is not there anymore, and Seb must be careful.

#1908 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,725 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:49

3 time WDC at 25, 4 time WDC at 26 that would be quite something...

#1909 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,437 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 20:53

Sebastian is awesome and he will give it his best the rest of the way. That is all we can ask. :up:

Meanwhile, here is the post race BBC interview with Sebastian at Suzuka:

#1910 mkoscevic

mkoscevic

• 634 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:10

Superb driver. :up: His legendary performance in the past few years will be especially appreciated after he moves away from Red Bull.

#1911 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:59

Sebastian is awesome and he will give it his best the rest of the way. That is all we can ask. :up:

Meanwhile, here is the post race BBC interview with Sebastian at Suzuka:

I think EJ made a quote about him that whilst he moans and lets people know his displeasure if it goes badly, he absolutely savours his good days and people want him to win and when he shows such joy and when he is so friendly in good moments, people are happy ad they are happy to be around him in those good moments.
Contrast to, say, Hamiltons win at Monza when he had the face of a slapped arse. It can make the average punter think 'get a grip- you earn £20million, pay less tax, drive the best cars in the world, immensly talented, cracking girlfriend, lovely home' and he has the face of someone who got told he wasn't allowed to go and play.

#1912 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:23

Excellent win today by Vettel. A masterpiece and puts him iin the drivers seat for this years wdc - he is the driver with momentum on his side!

#1913 Rentta

Rentta

• 294 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:43

Excellent win today by Vettel. A masterpiece and puts him iin the drivers seat for this years wdc - he is the driver with momentum on his side!

wtf ?

#1914 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:02

why would Vettel go to Ferrari?
Its Adrian Newey that has the skills to unlock the complete potential in him.

#1915 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:29

I think EJ made a quote about him that whilst he moans and lets people know his displeasure if it goes badly, he absolutely savours his good days and people want him to win and when he shows such joy and when he is so friendly in good moments, people are happy ad they are happy to be around him in those good moments.
Contrast to, say, Hamiltons win at Monza when he had the face of a slapped arse. It can make the average punter think 'get a grip- you earn £20million, pay less tax, drive the best cars in the world, immensly talented, cracking girlfriend, lovely home' and he has the face of someone who got told he wasn't allowed to go and play.

I would go further than that. If things do not go Vettel´s way he moans and complains, but come next race he is at it again. Fully motivated and with a clear and concentrated mind to to make the best out of the coming race. Hamilton has a lot to learn from drivers like Vettel and Alonso before he can be called a great driver, and I am a Hamilton fan.

#1916 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:52

DDRS was introduced in singapore.;)

"Believed to have been introduced in Singapore", according to Formula1.com website.

Nobody knows with 100% certainty whether that was the case. Red Bull is not talking....

#1917 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:09

sorry if it's been posteds - but Sebastian in a music video...Lewham will be jealous ;)

http://www.youtube.c...;v=8Vh0yUHGfEA#!

#1918 Zava

Zava

• 4,981 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:39

"Believed to have been introduced in Singapore", according to Formula1.com website.

Nobody knows with 100% certainty whether that was the case. Red Bull is not talking....

Red Bull does not believe the double-DRS it has run since the Singapore Grand Prix has been key to its turnaround in form.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103227
:p

#1919 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:55

Red Bull does not believe the double-DRS it has run since the Singapore Grand Prix has been key to its turnaround in form.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103227
:p

I did not see anything in the article attributed to CH that could be construed as saying the DDRS was first employed in Singapore. In fact, I thought he skirted the issue on the DDRS rather cleverly.

-----------
Horner said in the article :-

"As with all these things there is never a silver bullet, and I think it would be very difficult to say that the car's performance here is down to a rear wing," he said after seeing Vettel cut Fernando Alonso's championship lead to just four points.

"I think we have made progress in all areas and it is about chipping away at the detail."

"We had the fastest pitstop in Japan for example, so it would be wrong to say our upturn in performance is about finding a few kilometres on the straight."

"I think the car has worked well here in all conditions, low fuel, high fuel, and on long runs on the two compounds of tyre that we have been presented this weekend. I think the nature of this circuit suits the car.

"But we have seen how performance moves around, so there is absolutely no predictions that we can take out of this event, other than we need to keep pushing, we need to keep bringing performance to the car and the championship now is effectively a battle of five races between Fernando and Seb.""You can't rule out the others, but whoever does the best job over the next five races will ultimately prevail."
---------------

What is interesting in the article is that he seems to be dismissing Hamilton as a threat to Vettel's championship bid. Even though there are 125pts left, the WDC is a straight battle between Vettel and Alonso.

Advertisement

#1920 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,437 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:20

He said "you can't rule out the others". So I think everyone knows it is game on for all until that is mathematically untrue.

#1921 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:30

You don't win 3 in a row being just luck or just racing on the best team.

I will try to say it with truth,Vettel is a legend.

We can like him or not,but with the right tools he is always there fighting,winning against the very best.

Kudos to you Vettel and his fan base.

:up:

Obviously you need the tools, but as you said, when he has them he usually makes the pole and then lead the race to win. His "style".

Other drivers as Lewis and Alonso doesn´t depend as much as Seb on saturday and that also brings them the whole world admiration.

#1922 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:36

I would go further than that. If things do not go Vettel´s way he moans and complains, but come next race he is at it again. Fully motivated and with a clear and concentrated mind to to make the best out of the coming race. Hamilton has a lot to learn from drivers like Vettel and Alonso before he can be called a great driver, and I am a Hamilton fan.

Hamilton is def. a GREAT driver, one of the best and without any doubt spectacular driver on F1 history.

Last season I though like you, but this season, excepting maybe some Q3 mistakes, he has been brilliant and deserves the WDC as well as ALO or VET. But imo his team did not reach Lewis level.

Imo we don´t know how lucky we´re having Lewis, Alonso, Seb, Nico, Jenson... on the grid. This era is one of the greatest and only time will prove.;)

Edited by Alarcon, 10 October 2012 - 07:37.

#1923 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:47

Hamilton is def. a GREAT driver, one of the best and without any doubt spectacular driver on F1 history.

Last season I though like you, but this season, excepting maybe some Q3 mistakes, he has been brilliant and deserves the WDC as well as ALO or VET. But imo his team did not reach Lewis level.

Imo we don´t know how lucky we´re having Lewis, Alonso, Seb, Nico, Jenson... on the grid. This era is one of the greatest and only time will prove.;)

I am not so sure if I would consider that Hamilton has been that good compared to McLaren.
Remember, this is a car that has been a front row qualifier for most of the year, has had an unbeatable package on dry since day 1, but the drivers (both) have failed to maximize its potential. Lewis missing the setup here and there (and blaming the team in the process...), Jenson's eternal struggle to bring heat to the tyres on a single run...
That said, when things go Hamilton's way, he is a definitely a force to be feared. However, it looks like it is very easy to take the things out of his way. During his rookie season he appeared strong as a rock *UNTIL* he got the prize on sight (and choke on it). It looks to me that he hasn't fully crossed that line yet.
I would say that the two drivers of the season have been both Vettel and Alonso. Both with immensely great cars, both very comparable throughout the season, struggling in qualy, but solid during the races. Earlier RedBull was more penalized for his poor qualifying performance since its low speed hampered them when trying to regain positions on race day, but if the tendency of the last two races is something to consider, it looks like now they might have solved part of their problems there. Ferrari, as usual, a very solid package, not a strong qualifier, but the best car on mixed conditions (An ace under their sleeve for Brazil?). In my opinion, both cars are a tad below McLaren, but it is the drivers here who have put themselves into the sharp end of the championship.
And I agree with you. Having a grid where the best drivers have competitive cars is absolutely terrific, and with the regulations being stable for next year, I suspect the grid could get a lot closer before the radical mix-up expected for 2014.

#1924 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:47

I am not so sure if I would consider that Hamilton has been that good compared to McLaren.
Remember, this is a car that has been a front row qualifier for most of the year, has had an unbeatable package on dry since day 1, but the drivers (both) have failed to maximize its potential. Lewis missing the setup here and there (and blaming the team in the process...), Jenson's eternal struggle to bring heat to the tyres on a single run...
That said, when things go Hamilton's way, he is a definitely a force to be feared. However, it looks like it is very easy to take the things out of his way. During his rookie season he appeared strong as a rock *UNTIL* he got the prize on sight (and choke on it). It looks to me that he hasn't fully crossed that line yet.
I would say that the two drivers of the season have been both Vettel and Alonso. Both with immensely great cars, both very comparable throughout the season, struggling in qualy, but solid during the races. Earlier RedBull was more penalized for his poor qualifying performance since its low speed hampered them when trying to regain positions on race day, but if the tendency of the last two races is something to consider, it looks like now they might have solved part of their problems there. Ferrari, as usual, a very solid package, not a strong qualifier, but the best car on mixed conditions (An ace under their sleeve for Brazil?). In my opinion, both cars are a tad below McLaren, but it is the drivers here who have put themselves into the sharp end of the championship.
And I agree with you. Having a grid where the best drivers have competitive cars is absolutely terrific, and with the regulations being stable for next year, I suspect the grid could get a lot closer before the radical mix-up expected for 2014.

Well, I´m agree RB was struggling on qualy and everybody knows McLaren has been the fastest car on qualy... but imo RB has been at the same level or even faster on race (where the points are). And Lewis performed well, or at least much well than his team. They provide him a fast car (maybe the best car overall) but not his fault if the team made some mistakes against him.

He made some Q3 mistakes... and that´s all you can say on the "bad side" against him! Because on race he has been brilliant considering the circumpstances and only at Melbourne he was not at his best.

About the 2007 I always said it: it was brilliant when he had no pressure... but when the team was on him and he felt the pressure he cracked. He was rookie and it´s a normal thing. They are humans. Imo Lewis needed to struggle with a minor team (as Alonso or Seb) on his career to learn. It´s a part of the learning and he had not. Not his fault.

He had this "learning" in 2009 (not a minor team but not a top car) but it was too late then because his "main driver character" was made yet, being WDC the year before.

Edited by Alarcon, 10 October 2012 - 09:49.

#1925 fastwriter

fastwriter

• 173 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36

:up:

Obviously you need the tools, but as you said, when he has them he usually makes the pole and then lead the race to win. His "style".

Other drivers as Lewis and Alonso doesn´t depend as much as Seb on saturday and that also brings them the whole world admiration.

Ever thought about, why the Red Bulls had their problems romping through the field? They have a top speed deficit at least since three years but are better than anybody in corner speeds. So most of the time with that configuration you look good in Qualy and when you win the start you are going to build up a gap and control the race. When you have problems in Qualy with this setup lik RBR had this year, you will struggle to get to the forefront in the race. Has not so much to do with the drivers skills.

One has to admit, that Vettel ist bloody quick most of the time, that he came back from the struggles at the beginning of the year and that he has nerves of steel. Plus he is always motivated and it seems he is able to motivate the team around him as well. He is a thinker, analysing his faults and weaknesses and then drawing his conclusions out of it. Also he seems to be a hard worker, spending a lot of hours on debriefing.

So I have the Impression, that Vettel comes close to the complete package, just like Alonso. The other drivers lack in some way or the other one or more of these skills. Hamilton and Raikkonen have the potential, but both are not as focused as Vettel and Alonso on their task.

#1926 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:15

Ever thought about, why the Red Bulls had their problems romping through the field? They have a top speed deficit at least since three years but are better than anybody in corner speeds. So most of the time with that configuration you look good in Qualy and when you win the start you are going to build up a gap and control the race. When you have problems in Qualy with this setup lik RBR had this year, you will struggle to get to the forefront in the race. Has not so much to do with the drivers skills.

Very true.

And that is why I am very interested to find out their top speed on the 3 long straights in Korea. Is DDRS the key to their success in the last 2 GPs? Of course we are aware that they have introduced significant updates in the last 2 races including new front and rear wings, nose cone, diffuser, etc.

#1927 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:16

btw, guys, for your information, sebastian vettel has a car made after him by Infiniti, a car in which seb had input in design, engineering and aerodynamics

name : FX Sebastian Vettel
type : crossover SUV
performance : 5.0L V8, 414 BHP, 186mph

Posted Image

#1928 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:05

btw, guys, for your information, sebastian vettel has a car made after him by Infiniti, a car in which seb had input in design, engineering and aerodynamics

name : FX Sebastian Vettel
type : crossover SUV
performance : 5.0L V8, 414 BHP, 186mph

Posted Image

Now that's an achievement!

#1929 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:20

:well:

#1930 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:28

:well:

yea, i know, but this is the exact quote from today's 'Inside Grad Prix' show. so you better ask the commentator :smoking:

Edited by eronrules, 11 October 2012 - 10:33.

#1931 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:01

Says Vettel of his Infiniti FX: "This is the first road car I have helped develop. The result is an Infiniti I am very proud to have my name on. It is all I hoped for: 186mph, plenty of downforce - and I can still fit my mountain bike in the back. Plus it is totally exclusive - and as an Infiniti driver, that's important."

A better handling car suits him certainly better then a softer but I think that the space in the back is much more important to him and his personal team. It certainly does help that it comes free with sponsor money attached. Even if I love driving and have the money available I would never buy such a car. A VW T5 suits our needs far better.

Edited by H2H, 11 October 2012 - 11:04.

#1932 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:27

Sebastian still showing his age and need for more polishing around edges. His last remark about Sauber (being short on cash) during Korean press conference was little insensitive and not very tactful, despite that it might have been very well a statement of facts. Not a big deal, but our young man needs to learn talk less IMO; otherwise one day he will burn himself.

#1933 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 15:45

Sebastian still showing his age and need for more polishing around edges. His last remark about Sauber (being short on cash) during Korean press conference was little insensitive and not very tactful, despite that it might have been very well a statement of facts. Not a big deal, but our young man needs to learn talk less IMO; otherwise one day he will burn himself.

i think he's not wrong though, with perez gone, even if TELMEX stays with them, theyll probably reduce the amount. but if u've watched the press conf, then the Question was about Monisha and maybe he just didn't mean it literaly.

#1934 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:09

Both Red Bulls looked competitive in FP1.

Vettel had the best S1 time on the final lap, improving it by 0.4s than his best lap, but had to abort the lap due to traffic.

He was fastest in S3 by quite a margin. This is very encouraging to see that nobody even comes close to his S3 time other than his teammate.

His S2 time was pedestrian, but then again this is FP1.

#1935 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05

Interesting to note that in FP1, Vettel was 316.5kph at the speed trap, only down 2.4kph from the fastest car.

Compared that with 312.5kph in the qualifying last year.

And he was the fastest guy in S3, where you need the most DF at the circuit.

#1936 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:47

He's hit and miss in S1 a few real good ones but mostly average. S2 has been generally a few tenths off the mclarens, who are good there,but with the occasional good one. he's the best in S3- only Webber can really get close.
His lap so far is 34.5-43.7-20.7
but no-one has got onto super softs yet

#1937 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:01

Top after SS run from Mark by 0.032. Scrappy stuff- needed 3 bites at the cherry for Turn 1 so there's more to come as it was his 3rd lap when he did the time.
SS tyre doesn't look that much quicker than soft tyre. half second maybe.
RB looking good but it is closer than Japan

#1938 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:42

He's hit and miss in S1 a few real good ones but mostly average. S2 has been generally a few tenths off the mclarens, who are good there,but with the occasional good one. he's the best in S3- only Webber can really get close.
His lap so far is 34.5-43.7-20.7
but no-one has got onto super softs yet

Vettel needs to gain more time in S2. His time and that of Webber in FP2 still lagged behind Hamilton's FP1 S2 time on softs.

RBR is competitive in S1, and generally the fastest in S3.

The improvement by Vettel was no more than 0.3s from primes to options. But as you pointed out, he locked up his wheels twice in the 1st 2 laps on options. In FP3 tomorrow, we might see 1min 37s laptime from RBR as they do Qualy simulations.

#1939 apoka

apoka

• 3,505 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:45

Top after SS run from Mark by 0.032. Scrappy stuff- needed 3 bites at the cherry for Turn 1 so there's more to come as it was his 3rd lap when he did the time.
SS tyre doesn't look that much quicker than soft tyre. half second maybe.
RB looking good but it is closer than Japan

I would say it looks lood for qualy, although we should keep in mind that Hamilton already did 1:39.1 in FP1, which should mean that both McLaren and RB can do 1:37s in qualy. Race pace didn't look encouraging on live timing, but I am still waiting for the full list of laps to compare with Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus.

Advertisement

#1940 apoka

apoka

• 3,505 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:33

Vettel vs. Webber: http://en.mclarenf-1...er#.UHfEYWbYVKc
=> Vettel a bit faster on low fuel (needed more attempts at a good lap); Vettel faster on long runs

Vettel vs. Button: http://en.mclarenf-1...on#.UHfDxWbYVKc
=> Vettel faster on low fuel and Button faster on long runs

Vettel vs. Alonso: http://en.mclarenf-1...so#.UHfEy2bYVKc
=> Vettel faster on low fuel; Alonso faster on his long run
(For Massa, it is pretty similar except that Massa is slightly slower than Alonso.)

Vettel vs. Kimi: http://en.mclarenf-1...en#.UHfFSmbYVKc
=> Vettel much faster on low fuel and slightly better on his long run
(The same for Grosjean.)

I excluded Hamilton as he didn't really do a long run. Merc was much slower and, unfortunately, unlikely to play a role this weekend.

Looks like a straight fight between the top 3 teams. I wouldn't expect other teams to get a podium this time around based on FPs. I would expect Hamilton to be faster than Button over a lap, so I wouldn't be surprised by a Hamilton vs. Vettel battle in qualy with hard competition from Alonso on race day.

#1941 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:36

(For Massa, it is pretty similar except that Massa is slightly slower than Alonso.)

Massa's pace on the long run is also faster than Vettel, and he was on primes.

Anyway, we can't really conclude anything since no one knows how much fuel was in each car.

#1942 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 572 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:39

=> Vettel a bit faster on low fuel (needed more attempts at a good lap); Vettel faster on long runs

(The same for Grosjean.)

I excluded Hamilton as he didn't really do a long run. Merc was much slower and, unfortunately, unlikely to play a role this weekend.

Looks like a straight fight between the top 3 teams. I wouldn't expect other teams to get a podium this time around based on FPs. I would expect Hamilton to be faster than Button over a lap, so I wouldn't be surprised by a Hamilton vs. Vettel battle in qualy with hard competition from Alonso on race day.

It looks to me more like Ferrari is the team to beat this weekend, assuming they can get their act together for qualy...

#1943 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:52

Vettel admits Red Bull needs to improve

"I think all in all we can be quite happy," Vettel said. "It was extremely tight; I'm not happy with every run we had today but I think the track was changing quite a lot. This morning it was better than expected, this afternoon to start with it was quite slippery but then it got a little bit better. So all in all the car felt alright and now we'll see what we can do for tomorrow. I think we have to improve ourselves to match the others."

#1944 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:30

Vettel admits Red Bull needs to improve

Comparing the cars in race trim, yes Red Bull has to improve. They were not as competitive as Ferrari and McLaren on the long runs.

But when it comes to low-fuel runs, Vettel's fastest time on primes of 1:39.089 was faster than anyone else on options saved for Webber. And don't forget that he fluffed his first 2 runs on new options.

#1945 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:47

Comparing the cars in race trim, yes Red Bull has to improve. They were not as competitive as Ferrari and McLaren on the long runs.

But when it comes to low-fuel runs, Vettel's fastest time on primes of 1:39.089 was faster than anyone else on options saved for Webber. And don't forget that he fluffed his first 2 runs on new options.

But Lewis did not any fast run on supersofts, isn´it?

Very close all the teams but I´ve the feeling McLaren still at the front on Q3 as usually.

#1946 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:50

(The same for Grosjean.)

Well, they are the fastest drivers and the best qualifiers over one lap (M.Webber and Nico included)!

#1947 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:55

But Lewis did not any fast run on supersofts, isn´it?

Very close all the teams but I´ve the feeling McLaren still at the front on Q3 as usually.

Lewis did not improve his time on options, but he did a few flying laps in FP2 on those tyres. Either he muffed at Turn-1 or got into traffic.

Basically, Lewis had some unknown problems in that session.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/91541.html

#1948 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:07

Lewis did not improve his time on options, but he did a few flying laps in FP2 on those tyres. Either he muffed at Turn-1 or got into traffic.

Basically, Lewis had some unknown problems in that session.

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/91541.html

Thanks! I didn´t know it...

Then he had the same problems as Seb on turn 1, then I think it´s due to the driving mistakes they´ve made. (I also usually struggle on this turn with the PS3... :rolleyes: )

I´m sure (and I hope) Lewis will be fighting on qualy and it will be a bautiful battle between the top 3 teams.

Edited by Alarcon, 12 October 2012 - 10:09.

#1949 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:15

Seb will stay with RBR until the end of 2014.

Horner pleased to end Vettel rumours

I'm pleased.

I´m bored.

#1950 joshb

joshb

• 3,269 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21

old news isn't it. He's got a getout clause if he needs to after 2013

Edited by joshb, 12 October 2012 - 10:21.