Sebastian Vettel Thread Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3900 replies to this topic

#3001 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 17:50

And just to be clear:

Anyone is, of course, free to think whatever they want of Vettel's demeanour overall. If you think he is childish or whatever that is your prerogative.

Advertisement

#3002 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:03

That must be why NK was penalized (oh wait, I forgot there is a FIA conspiracy to make Red Bull and Vettel champions). :rolleyes: In any case, the comparison to Alonso is not entirely fair, as the Spaniard did not have to face much adversity recently, other than not having a car with the best pace on average (by adversity, I mean things like competition and pressure from the team-mate, criticism/attacks by the media or other drivers, FIA penalties, losing many points because of car failures, etc.). Replace Massa with Hamilton in the other Ferrari, give him equal status, and see what happens then. :D

Replace Webber with Hamilton in the other Red Bull, give him equal status, and see what happens then.

;)

LOL at the Vettel thread turning into an Alonso bash fest.

#3003 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 848 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:09

The irony of JV calling another driver childish. The guy who always talks shit when he opens his mouth and never lets go off old animosities in his desperate attempts to stay relevant.

#3004 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,109 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:29

LOL at the Alonso fans that call "bashing" saying that another top driver alongside their idol would match him :rolleyes:

#3005 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:34

I am not the one who is coming out making comparisons or judging how "petulant" drivers are.

To be honest I am just sick of people making completely unfounded claims or trying to equate incomparable situations. Am I a fanboy for not letting just any claim go unchallenged?

I thought I saw you make a few truckloads of similar 'unfounded claims', so I had a look.

Personally speaking, Fernando seems a bit "butthurt" and I don't get it. I'm not trying to say he should be looking happy or anything but he is looking more that a bit downbeat.

He's had a great season personally on his part so nothing to feel bad about there. He's done his job.

I don't get why he suddenly feels the need to keep pointing out it's really hard to beat RedBull. Yes Fernando we know, RBR have the best car right now and they are winning the races, that's how F1 works, best car wins.

It's almost as if he feels under pressure or someone is suggesting he's not that good, only no one is doing that at least out in the open. If anything he has had the concensous best or at the very least equal best season this year.

So it didn't take long to find BS related to petulance.

I honestly think you should have a look at your own posts, you are not very constructive most of the time, certainly not enough to be the thread police.

How am I denigrating Hamilton through his fan? Like wut? This makes no sense.

And I said it above, the driver threads are a joke for the most part and I rarely go in there.(and regret it almost every time I do)

Also what do you mean by "it's impossible to post a positive thing about Hamilton without a volley of negative posts". What constitutes a "positive" post? What is a negative post? And who said we can't have both. Can you give me an example?

lol (I agree though, and unlike you I do rarely go in there)

And just to be clear:

Anyone is, of course, free to think whatever they want of Vettel's demeanour overall. If you think he is childish or whatever that is your prerogative.

phew.. thank you. For a second I thought you were sick of people making claims on the internet.

Edited by Slowinfastout, 14 November 2012 - 18:37.

#3006 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 19:41

LOL at the Alonso fans that call "bashing" saying that another top driver alongside their idol would match him :rolleyes:

LOL at people actually discussing what the clown Villeneuve blurts out once in a while. :D

#3007 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:09

LOL at people actually discussing what the clown Villeneuve blurts out once in a while. :D

Villeneuve has a point. Vettel is not immune to have his cage rattled in when adversity crosses his path. He was lucky not to DNF in Abu Dhabi after his handful of crashes.

#3008 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:23

Villeneuve has a point. Vettel is not immune to have his cage rattled in when adversity crosses his path. He was lucky not to DNF in Abu Dhabi after his handful of crashes.

Umm, Villeneuve never has a point. That's his point, to say controversial **** and get people (for some reason) to answer.

Not surprised to see some getting caught up in a couple of radio messages though, but it doesn't change the fact that Alonso doesn't come close to Vettel's mental toughness over their careers. Actually Alonso has raised his game in that department in 2012, which I give him credit for.

#3009 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:04

You have small hands if that's a handful.

Single Vettel out to critize him on something most drivers do, is bad form.
But to then say Alonso is a saint in comparison, in the department where Fernando excels on the negative, is just mind-boggling.
It's like Mika Häkkinen can only win when his team mates drive get out of his way, and then go on to praise Schumacher and Alonso for doing it all on their own.

#3010 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,050 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:38

"For me, it has confirmed what I think about Vettel," Villeneuve told Autosprint of the race in Abu Dhabi. "These are facts: while recovering from the back, he first got in contact with Senna who was ahead of him and damaged his front wing.

"Then he lost control of his car and crashed under the safety car. A very serious error that had light consequences. As for the rest, he has shown to be super quick, but he was lucky and I'm not changing my mind: Alonso deserves the 2012 title more."

When it comes to a head to head comparison between the two, Villeneuve is of the opinion that Alonso is superior mentally and emotionally, meaning that the Ferrari man is a better driver who is able to react effectively to different situations.

"I have no doubts: Fernando Alonso is the best, that's why I root for him," said the 1997 title winner.

"Seb is super quick, but there is a difference with Fernando that emerges in case of an unfavourable situation.

"Alonso remains calm, cool, and rational, while Vettel most of times gets upset, angry, screams and flicks the middle finger. He reacts like a child.

"These behaviours indicate two different states of maturity but, let's be clear, Sebastian is an ace too; however, he struggles more in critical situations.

"He looks almost unbeatable when he leads, but if he needs to catch up he becomes vulnerable."

Okay JV. Tell you what, you just hold on to your opinion. For my part, I don't want Vettel to change a thing because whatever he is doing is working beautifully.

May Seb remain immature, uncool, uncalm and irrational in JV's eyes - to me that is picking parts, but that is immaterial - whatever he is, long may he continue so. :up:

#3011 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 730 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:26

The irony of JV calling another driver childish.

Considering he quit BMW in a fit of childish pique when they gave Kubica a drive.

#3012 motorhead

motorhead

• 876 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22

Poor Villeneuve won´t get a lift to his musical career no matter how desperately he tries to stay in public eye...

#3013 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:51

Poor Villeneuve won´t get a lift to his musical career no matter how desperately he tries to stay in public eye...

Must have been a difficult weekend for JV

The driver he slagged off earlier won the race by keeping the driver -JV worships- behind.

To add insult to injury , the "childish" driver he constantly has bones to pick with , put in the best performance of all time from the back of the grid (bar Suzuka 2005)

Perhaps its best not to be cool and calm when trying to win titles :) LOL

#3014 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:12

I think it would be best just to ignore what comes out of that mouth and I certainly do not just mean the singing. We knew this well before and know it now even more.

#3015 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:18

To add insult to injury , the "childish" driver he constantly has bones to pick with , put in the best performance of all time from the back of the grid (bar Suzuka 2005)

What? Trulli for example went also from pitlane to podium in Australia 2009, without DRS, 6 "lesser teams" cars and 2 Toro Rossos.

Edited by prty, 15 November 2012 - 12:20.

#3016 Zava

Zava

• 4,965 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27

What? Trulli for example went also from pitlane to podium in Australia 2009, without DRS, 6 "lesser teams" cars and 2 Toro Rossos.

and 4 cars less, and more faster driver-car combos DNFing from in front of him, and with a DSQ-d Hamilton, who was rightfuly in front of him before letting Trulli past (but then came the liegate which is another matter)

#3017 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:39

The driver he slagged off earlier won the race by keeping the driver -JV worships- behind.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by Iremos, 15 November 2012 - 12:40.

#3018 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:50

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

glad that u found it funny ...

...even tho its funny that u found it funny :)

#3019 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:03

...even tho its funny that u found it funny :)

Actually it´s not.
It´s quite normal, given the line he laughed at...

Advertisement

#3020 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:30

Perhaps its best not to be cool and calm when trying to win titles :) LOL

Lets not overdo the hype. Yes, it was a brilliant drive. But the best ever? No, not even his personal best of the season. :)

#3021 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:27

and 4 cars less, and more faster driver-car combos DNFing from in front of him, and with a DSQ-d Hamilton, who was rightfuly in front of him before letting Trulli past (but then came the liegate which is another matter)

And of course, Vettel didn't have any car DNFing :lol:
And also, having a 20 field car is less challenging than having 6 Caterhams/Marussias/HRTs plus 2 Toro Rossos, which effectively make a field of 16...
It's set in stone then, Vettel had the best comeback in history!
:stoned:

#3022 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:05

And of course, Vettel didn't have any car DNFing :lol:
And also, having a 20 field car is less challenging than having 6 Caterhams/Marussias/HRTs plus 2 Toro Rossos, which effectively make a field of 16...
It's set in stone then, Vettel had the best comeback in history!
:stoned:

It's like you don't even care about a normal discussion. Just swinging the discussion from one extreme to the other.
Unfortunately that's something that is often seen when people can't accept their point being broken. Completely leave content behind and attack form.

1. He said 'more front cars DNF'ing'.
2. If you count back the field to effectively 16 for AD12, then at least have the decensy to cut out FI, TR and ML out of AU09.

#3023 MP422

MP422

• 1,717 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:12

:rotfl:

Quite bitter as usual, aren't you. The last ones are clearly his fault. :lol:

Well yea, all situations i mentioned are his fault.... It's his fault for behaving the way he did after the events transpired. That's what i was replying to. I can add dropping F-bombs on the podium too. JV isn't far off the mark...

I'm not bitter. Just not a fan of Seb's behavior on and off the track.

Edited by MP422, 15 November 2012 - 16:13.

#3024 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:09

It's like you don't even care about a normal discussion. Just swinging the discussion from one extreme to the other.
Unfortunately that's something that is often seen when people can't accept their point being broken. Completely leave content behind and attack form.

1. He said 'more front cars DNF'ing'.
2. If you count back the field to effectively 16 for AD12, then at least have the decensy to cut out FI, TR and ML out of AU09.

I don't think saying that Vettel's comeback was the best one in history after Japan 2005 invites to a normal discussion.
Anyway, Trulli didn't have a huge car advantage either.

#3025 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:33

At Kyalami 84 Prost started from the pit lane and finished on 2nd position overtaking 24 cars.

He overtook Alliot,Boutsen,Surer,Ceccotto,Palmer,Brundle,Baldi,Bellof,Hesnault,Senna,Patrese
,De Cesaris,Winkelhock and Mansell on just 12 laps and then he overtook Arnoux,Laffitte,Alboreto,De Angelis,Tambay and Warwick in another 18 laps just to reach the P3. However he had pit stop problems and after that jumped back at the P9.

Despite it, he finally finished 2nd. And just Cheever, Piquet and De Angelis retired before Prost overtook them.

Maybe 2005 is the nearest reference, but imo SV backup is not the "top of the tops" but this one. I consider one of the greastest ever, of course, but still Alain Prost or Kimi Raikkonen at Suzuka were much better than Seb.

Edited by Alarcon, 15 November 2012 - 17:35.

#3026 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,050 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:52

I don't think saying that Vettel's comeback was the best one in history after Japan 2005 invites to a normal discussion.

Nor does constantly slagging Vettel for not being good enough at every single thing he does - to my mind, but any opinion raised is fair game for discussion on forums. :)

My opinion: Vettel is the youngest double world champion and has kept himself in contention for the WDC in every car that was capable of winning it. Asking more of a driver is a bit disingenuous.

Sebastian is a remarkable driver, leaving his mark on the sport before our eyes. Enjoy.

Edited by bourbon, 15 November 2012 - 17:58.

#3027 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:19

My opinion: Vettel is the youngest double world champion and has kept himself in contention for the WDC in every car that was capable of winning it. Asking more of a driver is a bit disingenuous.

Sebastian is a remarkable driver, leaving his mark on the sport before our eyes. Enjoy.

And I agree with that mostly. Not asking him to do anything, but I think that he's lacking when he is out of his comfort zone, although my opinion can change over time.
Also, don't agree that it was the second best comeback in history, it is just laughable.

#3028 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 20:06

Vettel seems to be really emotional at the moment. It is no big deal about him and Raikkonen's "accident" but he seems really rattled about it.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104243

"I think if you are sensitive then you should watch some kids' programme," he said. "You have the remote control in your hand.

"It was not intentional in the last race."

Vettel suggested the matter had been blown out of proportion.

"It was unnecessary to create such a big fuss," he said.

"But anyway, if I said some things that were not appropriate then I apologise. But there is not a lot I have to do differently to succeed in that regard."

#3029 fer312t

fer312t

• 767 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 20:49

Typical...makes a 'genuine' apology...then later the obligatory take-back/qualification and smart comment, once back within the safe confines of the sycophantic F1 paddock...

#3030 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:31

Language at the last race was/is/will be an issue for next a few years just because it is Vettel, who seems to upheld always to a different standard than other drivers. First it was his history, than performance, followed by finger, allegation of preferential treatment over Webber, now a bad word, and it never ends.

Edited by Sakae, 15 November 2012 - 21:33.

#3031 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:35

Vettel seems to be really emotional at the moment. It is no big deal about him and Raikkonen's "accident" but he seems really rattled about it.

:lol:

I love such posts as they make me laugh and show how desperate people have become in trying to look for supposed flaws. I mean 'rattled :cat: '

#3032 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:39

Language at the last race was/is/will be an issue for next a few years just because it is Vettel, who seems to upheld always to a different standard than other drivers. First it was his history, than performance, followed by finger, allegation of preferential treatment over Webber, now a bad word, and it never ends.

You have to look at the positive side. Some people will always dislike a person for whatever reason and try to find flaws even were they are not to be able to ubhold their personal dislike. Especially from other fans there is a lot of hidden envy at the success of another driver which of course can never be as good as (Lewis) or (Alonso). So such posts make me always smile.

Thank you guys.

Edited by H2H, 15 November 2012 - 21:40.

#3033 swerved

swerved

• 3,593 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:55

he didn't look, or sound Rattled in the PC, which is where he made those comments, in fact it looked and sounded like he was having a proper laugh with Kimi.

#3034 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 23:19

he didn't look, or sound Rattled in the PC, which is where he made those comments, in fact it looked and sounded like he was having a proper laugh with Kimi.

If you are telling the reporter that those who got offended should go watch a "kid's programme" and he only apologizes if he offended anyone, he was pretty upset, annoyed and rattled about the question.

By the way, millions of boys and girls under 10 years of age watch F1. So, Formula 1 is in fact a "kid's programme"

#3035 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,050 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 23:35

And I agree with that mostly. Not asking him to do anything, but I think that he's lacking when he is out of his comfort zone, although my opinion can change over time.

Lacking in what regard? If you agree with JV, I've already given my opinion about that. But perhaps you have different criteria?

The thing about JV is that he contradicts himself. Before when he criticized Vettel for his immaturity, it concerned a time when Vettel WAS in his comfort zone - leading at the front. On that occassion, he went for fastest lap against his team's wishes and JV was beside himself in denegrating Vettel for his behavior. So while he is now banging on about "comfort zones", his lack of maturity rants regarding Vettel have no real boundaries.

I don't want to assume your opinion matches JV's for that reason, so I'd prefer it if you would state your own basis for your thoughts.

Also, don't agree that it was the second best comeback in history, it is just laughable.

I see nothing wrong with that opinion or yours. Both are valid.

Edited by bourbon, 15 November 2012 - 23:37.

#3036 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08

If you are telling the reporter that those who got offended should go watch a "kid's programme" and he only apologizes if he offended anyone, he was pretty upset, annoyed and rattled about the question.

By the way, millions of boys and girls under 10 years of age watch F1. So, Formula 1 is in fact a "kid's programme"

I'm sorry, but if you think those millions of boys and girls under 10 have never hear the words f*ck or sh*t before, you are extremely naive.

If you don't understand the difference between saying something like "we could have f*cked it up" and "you are a dity motherf*cking son of a female-dog", you should probably come to Amsterdam and smoke a few to losen up a little and get a more realistic view on life.

#3037 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:31

I'm sorry, but if you think those millions of boys and girls under 10 have never hear the words f*ck or sh*t before, you are extremely naive.

If you don't understand the difference between saying something like "we could have f*cked it up" and "you are a dity motherf*cking son of a female-dog", you should probably come to Amsterdam and smoke a few to losen up a little and get a more realistic view on life.

We have this discussion because perhaps not everyone wants to talk like that, and imposing oneself upon another person's principles spells nothing but trouble. Internet is medium that invites clash of cultures and personalities, thus applying brakes upon how much we let ourselves go are probably a good thing. Just because kids are used to foul language it doesn’t implies, we should simply continue on that path. Period.

A few days ago I have been exposed to a conversation of high school students, in which just about every other sentence contained several really obscene expressions, and initially from ignoring it, in a few minutes it has become burden, and I could not turned off, not to mention that I was unable to comprehend what was actually said. Lack of vocabulary gets in a way of expressing concepts in understandable terms, which I think is detriment to society as a whole. With Seb, and again, I am one of his staunches supporters, I understand that a word slipped out of his mouth, but he needs to tune it down, and not only on the podium, because bad habits are hard to control, and even if he feels it’s OK in his private life, podium, paddock, and microphone are not, and if people do not like it, cork it by cultivating habits that are acceptable to majority!

Edited by Sakae, 16 November 2012 - 07:33.

#3038 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:28

I see nothing wrong with that opinion or yours. Both are valid.

Thanks dude. Actually the main point I was making wasnt even to highlight where Seb's drive stacked up among all the drives from pitlane in history but what a trying weekend a certain Canadian Singer cum Driver would have had considering his constant urge to badmouth the 2 drivers who had extremely good race in Abu Dhabi.

But honestly - there arent many drives from the back of the field in the first place and as they go Seb's was definitely one of the greatest especially considering he lost the advantage due to the extra wing stop. Otherwise he would have won - Crazy to even think on a circuit Alonso had trouble getting past a mediocre driver and car when his title depended on it , a couple of years back !!

Edited by sailor, 16 November 2012 - 11:28.

#3039 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:36

We have this discussion because perhaps not everyone wants to talk like that, and imposing oneself upon another person's principles spells nothing but trouble. Internet is medium that invites clash of cultures and personalities, thus applying brakes upon how much we let ourselves go are probably a good thing. Just because kids are used to foul language it doesn’t implies, we should simply continue on that path. Period.

Are you not imposing your principles upon us now?
I am sure there were muslims offended by the cross Räikkönen made (didn't know he was Christian). Should he have been warned for that because their principles were imposed upon?

Do you know how many current-day words were considered unthinkable back in the day?
Get with the times...

Edited by mnmracer, 16 November 2012 - 11:37.

Advertisement

#3040 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:45

Are you not imposing your principles upon us now?
I am sure there were muslims offended by the cross Räikkönen made (didn't know he was Christian). Should he have been warned for that because their principles were imposed upon?

Do you know how many current-day words were considered unthinkable back in the day?
Get with the times...

Asking for less colorful language is an imposition on personal liberty and then conclude by telling me to get on with the program is just fine? Sorry, but I am not buying that.

#3041 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:42

You are barking at the wrong tree.

Tell that to the Formula 1 sponsors who put billions of dollars of marketing money each year so that F1 can exist. Sponsors cash in on the Formula 1 image to make their money. The minute that image is tarnished, their business model goes down the drain.

We fans are plain spectators of the sport and what we think is correct or not is worthless. Until each of us starts giving 10000 to 20000 dollars per year to fund F1 we just have to deal with the FIA regulations and the decisions of those who pay the bills. Being a private business, they have the right to set their own rules and allow what makes them money and prohibit what makes them lose money.

#3042 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,142 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:07

Looking at the last few pages, I can see little about Sebastian Vettel's racing. Back on topic, there is a thread elsewhere for the podium procedure/swearing.

#3043 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 16:52

1.5 seconds faster than anyone else with inters on a dry track.

Not a bad start. :cat:

#3044 joshb

joshb

• 3,227 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 16:56

I'm sure it wasn't inters...
It would be nice though if that was to be replicated in qualy but sadly it will tighten up considerably

#3045 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 16:57

Looks like FIA will have to think up something new to send him to pitlane for the start :)

.. altho even that is not likely to work :p

#3046 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:05

It was not inters.

Vettel had flow-vis paint on the left hand side of his front wing. I believe his tyres were smeared with flow vis making them appeared like inters.

#3047 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:08

I know it is only FP1 but it is looking good right now.

Go Sebastian!

#3048 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:11

Very impressive laps at the end. However 1.4 is not real.

Again I have the feeling McLaren will be the team to beat, as almost the Q3 on this season.

Let´s wait to the softs and next FP.

#3049 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:36

It was not inters.

Vettel had flow-vis paint on the left hand side of his front wing. I believe his tyres were smeared with flow vis making them appeared like inters.

RedBull practiced the pitstops and apparently they did put inters on and then rolled him back in the garage or something. I think that's were the confusion comes from...

Let´s wait to the softs and next FP.

Pirelli brought the hard and mediums so no softs... or did you mean the softer compound?

Edited by HappyPhantom, 16 November 2012 - 18:38.

#3050 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 18:46

I'm sure it wasn't inters...
It would be nice though if that was to be replicated in qualy but sadly it will tighten up considerably

It was not inters.

I know he wasn't on inters. :D I was just joking about others coming to the conclusion that he was on inters in the FP-thread.