* * * - - 13 votes

Sebastian Vettel Thread Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3900 replies to this topic

#3751 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 18:08

Btw anyone else notice how the word 'lucky' is being associated with Seb, now that 'dominant car' has been rendered invalid.

According to Benson a fast car, a reliable one and luck are the main factors that contribute to success beside talent. Does he even know about top level sports, let alone f1, to know that hard work, dedication and mental toughness can take one to places talent alone cant take.

Advertisement

#3752 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 18:48

...that's nothing compared to a recent article published in one of the endless blogs (source escapes me), where author expressed doubts about Vettel being really a genuine racer, because he wins so often from P1 by simply driving away... (and it's so unfair, I gather out of it).

#3753 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,372 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 19:01

TACTICAL RANT INCOMING. TAKE COVER.

But in 2010, only a catastrophic strategic error by Ferrari prevented the Spaniard taking the fourth place he needed in the final race in Abu Dhabi to become champion.

And this year, when Alonso lost out by three points, he would have comfortably won had his car not been assaulted at the start of the Belgian Grand Prix by the flying Lotus of Romain Grosjean - the man who Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber memorably dubbed the "first-lap nutcase".

Wow. Never read a Benson article before, probably never will again. He ought to float these theories on a few forums and see how quickly he gets torn to shreds. A season is more than just one race.

And that's the point. Statistics don't mean everything. In fact, in the big picture, they mean very little. They're just numbers. They can't be ignored, but the real truth lies elsewhere.

So if I understand you correctly, being the most impressive driver is actually more important than winning. Got it.

I'm so tired of this liberal feel-goodery 'everyone's a champion' bull%@*&. Rather than lying about how good a job you did, accept that you lost and do better next time. One-hundred years on, when we're discussing the [g]olden days of F1, nobody's going to give a flying Pirelli how special a driver was because he tried so hard to win. You either win or you lose (or you die racing), and eventually, that's the effort that history will best remember you for. Go ahead and try to tell me I'm wrong: ask all the drivers and teams what's more important to them--winning races and championships or media fawning from 'xpert punditz' like Benson--and I guarantee you nearly every single one of them (three guesses which one made me say 'nearly') would rather win than get endless subjective praise from the media, because they know which of those two prizes is going to better stand the test of time and be universally accepted amongst fans of the sport.

As an example, how many casual F1 fans today know that Fangio's a five-timer? Of these, how many know that one of his championships was won because his teammate gave up his car for him? How many of these casual fans have genuinely seen how the man drove or how he treated his team? I'd wager it's a percentage very close to 'none'--but nearly all of them who know Fangio know that he won five WDCs, and that's why his reputation lives on today. Statistics 'mean very little'? Get real.

Articles like this would explain why half the blinkered idiots I occasionally run into when discussing F1 can't seem to get past irrational tendencies: they're the type who're willing to believe whatever the media tells them. FYI, Benson, your opinion on the importance of statistics is not universally applicable. Just because you feel the need to justify the existence/importance of your job with some manure-spreading about 'the real truth' (which I'm apparently supposed to trust you to tell) doesn't mean what you say is the real truth. It's just another opinion amidst a sea of billions (which, ironically enough, is exactly what this post is).

As a disclaimer: am I saying that stastics are everything? No--what I'm saying is that, in my opinion, the notion that 'in the big picture, [stastics] mean very little' (the apparent point of Benson's entire article) is utterly and absolutely laughable. Don't expect me to prove it with some 'scientific' polling data that analyzes the opinion of a representative sample of F1 viewers, either, 'cause I'm just a forum-goer who calls it as best as I can based on what I see. Rant over.

#3754 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 19:21

As long as Webber didn't dub Grosjean a cucumber, everything else is just fine...

#3755 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 20:23

Hmmm...

Memory of an Elephant?

#3756 apoka

apoka

• 3,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 22:02

As a disclaimer: am I saying that stastics are everything? No--what I'm saying is that, in my opinion, the notion that 'in the big picture, [stastics] mean very little' (the apparent point of Benson's entire article) is utterly and absolutely laughable. Don't expect me to prove it with some 'scientific' polling data that analyzes the opinion of a representative sample of F1 viewers, either, 'cause I'm just a forum-goer who calls it as best as I can based on what I see. Rant over.

The downplaying of Schumacher and to a lesser extend Vettel in that article can be quite annoying. Someone in here (unfortunately I didn't save the post) made a good post noting that Schumacher was already quite high up in the all time lists before he went to Ferrari and Fangio was considered to be the best at that time. After his 5 titles, people started to look more at other measures of success - partially also because just stating that Schumacher was the best driver of all time would be too obvious and no real headline. Nowadays, he does not even make it to the top 3 of all time ratings in some cases. We see something similar with Vettel, but media seems to play an even bigger role in that case and Alonso and Hamilton make excellent use of it.

To be fair, however, Alonso also got quite some negative press after losing his 40+ point lead in the WDC. Although I dislike his constant direct or indirect self-praising efforts, he did very well throughout the year and deserves praise - but in my opinion this should not devalue Vettel's WDC, especially after winning in a very close field and with some very tough races. However, that is exactly what Bensons article does by presenting a very one-sided point of view.

#3757 apoka

apoka

• 3,524 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 22:03

Hmmm...

Memory of an Elephant?

I must say I had similar thoughts, although I still think he will drive for Ferrari one day. However, he may not be in a hurry to get there anymore ...

#3758 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53

As long as Webber didn't dub Grosjean a cucumber, everything else is just fine...

:lol: Funny, isnt it, how success makes one an object of hatred? Just imagine the reaction of some if 'first lap nut case' or 'f**king kids' had actually been words uttered by Seb.

#3759 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08

I must say I had similar thoughts, although I still think he will drive for Ferrari one day. However, he may not be in a hurry to get there anymore ...

Doubtful. One event won't wipe out a lifetime of desire. :lol:

Advertisement

#3760 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,445 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:17

We all saw the relationship alonso had with ferrari befor he joined. I would highly doubt it would affect Sebs decision moving there. And also, it's Helmut Marko saying this, not vettel.

Really you could say Marko is playing around just like ferrari did anyway. He should probably keep his mouth shut but I'm sure he would be ecstatic to have a chance to say anything that would worsen vettel/ferrari relationship so he stays with him and red bull! The guys a joke and I'm extremely sick of hearing people say 'yeah well look what he has done with young driver programme, vettel and Red Bull." He didn't do shit, vettel drove the bloody car and has the skills, not the other way around.

#3761 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:58

Doubtful. One event won't wipe out a lifetime of desire. :lol:

That is not impossible, but some mending would have to take place, as Ferrari was p***d first (right or wrong), and Seb probably subsequently when it was explained to him what Ferrari was trying to do.

#3762 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:32

That is not impossible, but some mending would have to take place, as Ferrari was p***d first (right or wrong), and Seb probably subsequently when it was explained to him what Ferrari was trying to do.

Yeah, it is possible, but I don't think it is probable. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that he will likely go there and I will have to cheer on a Ferrari car eventually...

But yeah, anything is possible...

#3763 apoka

apoka

• 3,524 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:49

ROC Nations Cup Winner! :clap: :clap:

Won 5 out of 5 with quite big margins and beat 2011 winner Ogier. :)

That was great fun today.

#3764 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,320 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:51

Vettel won? Must be the car :smoking:

#3765 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 16:00

Hope he nails it tomorrow and brings home the Drivers' Cup as well :)
Would be nice for either him or Schumi to win tomorrow, 6 nations' cup in a trot but not a single drivers' cup!

#3766 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 16:02

Great win by Sebastian and Michael. WTG :up:

#3767 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 16:12

OOh no I missed it, I thought it was this evening

#3768 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 22:24

Hmm, looks like Montezemolo is already trying to do some mending:

PR guesture IMO, and nothing more.

#3769 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 22:47

The guys a joke and I'm extremely sick of hearing people say 'yeah well look what he has done with young driver programme, vettel and Red Bull." He didn't do shit, vettel drove the bloody car and has the skills, not the other way around.

LOL clueless much??

He's the one who gave Seb the chance and he's the one who got Newey to sign for the team

Helmut Marko is the founding father of the Red Bull success
Dietrich Mateschitz approves of this message
:lol:

#3770 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:40

LOL clueless much??

He's the one who gave Seb the chance and he's the one who got Newey to sign for the team

Helmut Marko is the founding father of the Red Bull success
Dietrich Mateschitz approves of this message

I thought coulthard had a bit to do with newey joining, never heard anything regarding marko being responsible for it :confused:

gave vettel his chance :lol:

I think you are definately overstating how much marko has had to do with their success.

Edited by goldenboy, 16 December 2012 - 03:56.

#3771 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:00

Marko said to Newey "'Ere es my card, ve vant you to join us. Call me" - according to Newey in the Red Bull Story The Red Bull Racing Story: 2005-2012

Edited by bourbon, 16 December 2012 - 04:02.

#3772 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:03

I think you are definately overstating how much marko has had to do with their success.

Not anything more than Horner, Newey and Vettel are doing in the Red Bull Story.
Helmut Marko deserves huge credit for the success of Red Bull

But I understand that pains some here to no end

#3773 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:08

Marko said to Newey "'Ere es my card, ve vant you to join us. Call me" - according to Newey in the Red Bull Story The Red Bull Racing Story: 2005-2012

Actually it was "you will ring me" lol
Newey does a pretty good Marko I must say :)

Pretty good mini documentary I must say
Very interesting to see Seb and the others involved talk about their journey in F1 :up:

#3774 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:29

Seb was voted in P2 (after Harting) as a German athlete of the year in men category.

#3775 apoka

apoka

• 3,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 14:05

Seb was voted in P2 (after Harting) as a German athlete of the year in men category.

I read this as well. It is very hard to compare athletes in different disciplines. Harting was probably more dominating in his sport, however, internationally Vettel is more important. That is why he was recently nominated for the Laureus sport award for a third time in a row, but "only" won the German award once (2010 ahead of Boll and Kaymer - in 2011 he was P2 behind Nowitzki). So far (since 2000), Woods, Schumacher, Federer, Armstrong, Rossi, Phelps, Bolt, Messi were nominated more often for the Laureus award. Good company ...

Here are all nominees in the sportsman category:

Usain Bolt (Jamaica) Athletics – won 100m, 200m and 4 x 100m Olympic gold medals in London
Mo Farah (United Kingdom) Athletics – won 5,000m and 10,000m double in Olympic Games
Lionel Messi (Argentina) Football – Barcelona star who scored 86 goals in the calendar year
Michael Phelps (United States) Swimming – became most decorated Olympian with 22 career medals
Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Motor Racing – won third straight Formula One World Championship
Bradley Wiggins (United Kingdom) Cycling – won Tour de France and Olympic Time Trial gold

http://www.laureus.c...d-sports-awards

Edited by apoka, 17 December 2012 - 14:05.

#3776 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 14:57

I read this as well. It is very hard to compare athletes in different disciplines. Harting was probably more dominating in his sport, however, internationally Vettel is more important. That is why he was recently nominated for the Laureus sport award for a third time in a row, but "only" won the German award once (2010 ahead of Boll and Kaymer - in 2011 he was P2 behind Nowitzki). So far (since 2000), Woods, Schumacher, Federer, Armstrong, Rossi, Phelps, Bolt, Messi were nominated more often for the Laureus award. Good company ...

Here are all nominees in the sportsman category:

Usain Bolt (Jamaica) Athletics – won 100m, 200m and 4 x 100m Olympic gold medals in London
Mo Farah (United Kingdom) Athletics – won 5,000m and 10,000m double in Olympic Games
Lionel Messi (Argentina) Football – Barcelona star who scored 86 goals in the calendar year
Michael Phelps (United States) Swimming – became most decorated Olympian with 22 career medals
Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Motor Racing – won third straight Formula One World Championship
Bradley Wiggins (United Kingdom) Cycling – won Tour de France and Olympic Time Trial gold

http://www.laureus.c...d-sports-awards

that is a crazy list of people to be included in! Congrats seb :up:

#3777 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 14:59

Hi guys,

Nicole translated an article of Seb replying to Fonzie's recent mutterings...thought it might be good to post it here

A rude shot from Sebastian Vettel to Alonso: "It doesn't bother me - I don't praise myself"

Usually Vettel's success has been said to be the merit of the the car. However in Fernando Alonso's case the victories have this year again been typically said to be the merit of the driver's own talents.... continue reading here

#3778 motorhead

motorhead

• 921 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:04

Hi guys,

Nicole translated an article of Seb replying to Fonzie's recent mutterings...thought it might be good to post it here

A rude shot from Sebastian Vettel to Alonso: "It doesn't bother me - I don't praise myself"

Usually Vettel's success has been said to be the merit of the the car. However in Fernando Alonso's case the victories have this year again been typically said to be the merit of the driver's own talents.... continue reading here

Vettel is just säying the truth!

#3779 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:06

Hi guys,

This is what I had to say in another thread (edited version):

...isn't 3 years enough to have Alonso's input into a car that's built by the greatest F1 team in history...a team with...piles of Marlboro and Santander money and a team that's, basically, built around him?

Nando Lovers say he's a "great development driver". So...where's the proof? Where are the championships?

If Alonso is so smart, why didn't he partner up with Newey after running way ... from Hamilton at the end of 2007?

And, if you think Newey is the be-all-end-all, how come only Vettel has delivered titles in his cars after1999 up to 2010? There was an ENTIRE decade that passed where Newey had no Championship-winning car designs.

Why has only Vettel won World Championships for Newey since 1999?

Where is the success Alonso was signed to bring in? After all, didn't Ferrari win Championships in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008?

Was Newey designing those Ferraris during those years?

Where are the titles with Alonso at Ferrari?

Where?

I thought that was an apropos post so decided to paste it here.

Part of RBRs success is down to Vettel and the way he gels with Newey and Co. In the same way Clark gelled with Chapman with Lotuses in the 1960s.

Alonso HAS to take part of the responsibilty of not winning Championships from 2007 to 2012, especially 2007 and 2008 (when he decided to burn his bridges with McLaren) and his Ferrari years, especially THIS year when he'd had nearly 3 years to get the car up to his liking.

Edited by RayInTorontoCanada, 17 December 2012 - 15:14.

Advertisement

#3780 Zava

Zava

• 5,018 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:11

Hi guys,

:up: well said, Seb.

#3781 plumtree

plumtree

• 712 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:31

Thanks again, hijinx.

This is the AMuS interview that the article refers to. It's a very good read, despite a mistake regarding overtake stat.
http://www.auto-moto...do-6326461.html

#3782 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 850 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 15:44

Hi guys,

Fantastic. I just love this guy. :clap:

#3783 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,445 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 16:23

I like alonso but it's a fair enough comment. Although it was really more others praising him.

#3784 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,320 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 18:20

Another thing Seb didn´t do is to jump on twitter when he got an award as driver of the year (the Autosport one) to show off/mock on those who don´t think he deserved it. He just collected the trophy, said thanks, and went home, without even thinking what other people would say about him.

This boy is much more mature and well grounded than other guys around are. He´s happy, doesn´t need praise or hype to feed him, and doesn´t make stupid judgements on other´s skills either. He has his tantrums behind the wheel and on the recent heat of the fight, but seems a much more simple and laid back guy in life than other competitors :up:

#3785 joshb

joshb

• 3,285 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:41

that is a crazy list of people to be included in! Congrats seb :up:

As we saw with the BBC Sports Personality last night and their Olympics wankfest, he never got a look-in for the Overseas award so to make that shortlist in an Olympic year/Euro 2012 etc with so many high achievers is alright.

and regarding his views on bigging his performances up, whether it be by media questions or him, he's certainly going on the offensive in the press (Comedy views about my lack of overaking, dirty tricks, don't big myself up) post title.

But with more titles than anyone on the grid next year, I guess he's got that comeback line of 'what's your record like?'

#3786 joshb

joshb

• 3,285 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:42

Another thing Seb didn´t do is to jump on twitter when he got an award as driver of the year (the Autosport one) to show off/mock on those who don´t think he deserved it. He just collected the trophy, said thanks, and went home, without even thinking what other people would say about him.

This boy is much more mature and well grounded than other guys around are. He´s happy, doesn´t need praise or hype to feed him, and doesn´t make stupid judgements on other´s skills either. He has his tantrums behind the wheel and on the recent heat of the fight, but seems a much more simple and laid back guy in life than other competitors :up:

are you referring to Alonso's 'Team Bosses' tweet?

#3787 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:56

are you referring to Alonso's 'Team Bosses' tweet?

What tweet? I don't follow driver's twitter so...

#3788 joshb

joshb

• 3,285 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 21:57

fair enough... he pretty much said it was nice to be recognised by the real honest people, as a reference to being voted the Team Bosses driver of the year

it could be read as well you won the title but I was the best

#3789 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 22:53

Das stört mich nicht. Fernando ist da auch selbst mit verantwortlich, dass die Leute das so sehen. Ich will mich danach nicht hinstellen und meine Leistung besonders herausstellen. Dabei haben wir auch Rennen gewonnen, die man nicht hätte gewinnen sollen. Monaco im letzten Jahr zum Beispiel. Da habe ich die Entscheidung getroffen, gegen alle Vernunft mit einem Stopp durchzufahren. Auch in Barcelona 2011. Da war Hamilton überlegen, ist aber an mir nicht vorbeigekommen."

It is actually pretty mild IMHO. It is not exactly clear what the interviewer exactly said. In any case he is not bothered about the perception of others and seems to think that some of it is due to Alonso [behavior off-track?]. He dislikes to put himself especially in front [ he loves of course to thank his team and practically always talks we when having success]. They also had races which they shouldn't have won and cites Monaco and Barcelona 2011.

As usually he is not shy to say he has a high opinion of Alonso as a racing driver [maybe not so much as a person] and respects him a lot.

It is important to note that the bits between the [] are mine conclusions/thoughts. From his words alone one nothing like a direct attack can be constructed. Great interview by the way, much more detailed and nuanced then those by practically every other driver.

Edited by H2H, 17 December 2012 - 23:03.

#3790 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:08

That wasn't an attack on Alonso - that was the writer driving for an exciting bit of reporting to sell a few cheap clicks. Seb's response makes no sense at all in response to what the topic supposedly was ("Public Opinion of him"). Then read his answer - makes no sense. So there were likely several questions or ideas expressed that he responded to. More along the lines of what H2H wrote - but I reckon there were more questions/ideas by the interviewer than made the page. lol.

Not that I care at all. Alonso does toot his own horn too much for my liking, but since I am not a fan, my opinion really doesn't matter. If his fans like it, then that is all that matters.

Edited by bourbon, 18 December 2012 - 04:09.

#3791 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14

I'm not waking up in the morning and thinking of what I have achieved. I'm happy with who I am and I'm happy to wake up the next day and really go day by day, not making things too complicated or thinking about it too much. It's very special and something no one can take from us. I'm very proud of that.

This. :up:

And I like the use of the word 'us' even after such a victory. Way to go Seb. :up:

Edited by gillesthegenius, 18 December 2012 - 08:23.

#3792 Zava

Zava

• 5,018 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:15

That wasn't an attack on Alonso - that was the writer driving for an exciting bit of reporting to sell a few cheap clicks. Seb's response makes no sense at all in response to what the topic supposedly was ("Public Opinion of him"). Then read his answer - makes no sense. So there were likely several questions or ideas expressed that he responded to. More along the lines of what H2H wrote - but I reckon there were more questions/ideas by the interviewer than made the page. lol.

Not that I care at all. Alonso does toot his own horn too much for my liking, but since I am not a fan, my opinion really doesn't matter. If his fans like it, then that is all that matters.

I think it makes sense, just fill it up with the implied parts:

- It [the double standards that when Alonso wins it's him, when I wins it's the car] doesn’t bother me. Fernando himself [, by praising himself so much,] is also responsible for the fact that people see it that way. [people doesn't see it that way in my case, because unlike him,] I don’t praise much my own performances.

#3793 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:20

fair enough... he pretty much said it was nice to be recognised by the real honest people, as a reference to being voted the Team Bosses driver of the year

it could be read as well you won the title but I was the best

Who cares about what he meant with that. The truth, like Seb said, is that no one can deny the fact that Seb is the 2012 f1 WDC. But plenty can legitimately argue about who really was the 'best performing driver' of the year.

#3794 gillesthegenius

gillesthegenius

• 2,534 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:29

- It [the double standards that when Alonso wins it's him, when I wins it's the car] doesn’t bother me. Fernando himself [, by praising himself so much,] is also responsible for the fact that people see it that way. [people doesn't see it that way in my case, because unlike him,] I don’t praise much my own performances.

Now that Seb has fully seen Alonso's game and fabulously responded to it on track, we are probably seeing him open up a bit and give back a little off track too. But I hope he doesnt get too caught up in it, because the Seb I (and the others too) like is the one who likes to do all his talking on track.

#3795 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38

A few thoughts before Christmas...

Alonso receives more attention on this thread than he deserves, and IMO it's time to put him on an ignore button. Considering his (add Hamilton, Button, and others) rhetoric, it is obvious that regardless of Vettel's future, he drumbeats his own case, despite dubious record of a few past years in a pretty good car that was handed over to him by Jean Todt's group. Many people choose to ignore it, but I consider it a sad case, when Sebastian's success is treated in such shoddy manner by different interest groups with their own agenda taking over.

2013/2014 might be proven the most difficult years yet for - actually - everyone, but I expect more for the guy at the top. I fear that tires will be skewing results even more so, than the year that has past. Than the forthcoming development discontinuity in 2014 when team must divide its attention into maintenance and continuous improvements of 2013 program, while branching into a new territory might potentially see August forward end of a season with disastrous results. (No secret in that for anyone, but AN cannot be on two places at the same time).

Lastly, FiA. Inconsistencies of race stewardship is legendary, and a single race-ban, especially if imposed on bases of dubious decisions, could influence WDC results, especially when I expect that many drivers will attempt to take a shot at Seb in order to prevent fourth title. We have seen this after Grosjean's ban, when several drivers have taken later on liberties with him, since his stakes were at different level.

It will be stressful enough for the team and fans alike under normal circumstances, and I just hope that all stays in check. F1 press at large, I think, will be more critical now, if not unsympathetic to Seb's case; we will need to understand that.

#3796 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49

Great post, Sakae ;)

I wanted to come and congratulate Seb here, but wanted to wait until the storm calms down.

Anyway, massive congratulations to Sebastian!!! Two championships that came as a huge surprise, in 2011 he owned it during the season, but have to say that he is one heck of a driver!!!

#3797 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 15:03

Yes it makes sense if you add the questions, but then the headline no longer makes sense. :lol: That was my point.

There is a new interview with Seb @ Sebastianvettel.de - in German at Milton keys.

Congratulations at Sebastian for getting the vote in Germany! And congrats on yet another Laureus sport award nomination. He is always in amazing company on that one - but he too was an amazing sportsman and hence, his nomination. Go Sebastian Go! Well hopefully, go on vacation and relax a bit first - dude has been non stop since Brazil, lol. But then back for another great round!! :up:

Edited by bourbon, 18 December 2012 - 15:12.

#3798 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:14

Great post, Sakae ;)

I wanted to come and congratulate Seb here, but wanted to wait until the storm calms down.

Anyway, massive congratulations to Sebastian!!! Two championships that came as a huge surprise, in 2011 he owned it during the season, but have to say that he is one heck of a driver!!!

Good to hear kind words from a Kimi's disciple. :)

#3799 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 15:06

http://www.autosport...rce=mostpopular

Sebastian Vettel never doubted Brazil GP pass despite controversy

Advertisement

#3800 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,646 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 15:25

Interview with Sebastian at F1.com