Photo

Brabham BT6 possibly BT2 rear body when a twin-cam is fitted?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ed holly

ed holly

• 387 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 00:05

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a mould to make the rear bodywork for a BT6 when a twincam engine is used.

I am preparing FJ-9-63 for the NZ tribute to Denny Hulme meeting in January next year so that it looks like Denny's works car. I don't want to use the existing bodywork which was beautifully done by Ian McDonald many years ago in the Roly Levis / Bill Stone colour of all black. I have a spare nose and undertray, but no rear body.

The undertray is actually the one fitted to the car at MRD in the UK in 1963 before shipping to Australia for Gardner to drive - as it has the "sick" green colour (as some described it back then) still evident as the gelcoat under the black paint of Levis and Stone. Its incredible that it has survived all those racing miles, and will be nice to have it back on the car again.

If you want to see the actual colour Denny drove with look at the "Who is talking to Hulme" thread.

A few photos to show what it looks like, including one of Frank Gardner

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 5,343 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:08

G'day Ed

Len Selby lists a number of Brabham body parts ("sections") including the engine cover for the BT2/6.

http://www.historicr...s/bodywork.html

It's not clear as to whether it's moulds or the panels themselves that are on offer.

Cheers

James