Photo

2012 - MotoGP, WSB, Moto2, WSP, AMA, BSB Part II

• Please log in to reply
2374 replies to this topic

#751 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 16:19

Interesting stat. After barcelona in 2009 (which everyone remembers), Rossi, JLO and Stoner were tied on 106 points. Nicky had about 9 points. 9! Even when Stoner struggled in the first 2/3 of 2010, Nicky was usually 2 or 3, and often 4 or more positions behind him. We have no better measuring stick that Rossi and Stoner vs. Nicky, so it's safe to assume that Stoner would have done much better than the current ducati riders.

Now, why do you think it's such a stretch to think that Stoner would not have podiumed on this bike?

I and others have explained this ABOUT ONE MILLION TIMES but here I go once again.

YES FFS, Stoner would have done better than the others, but THIS Ducati is TOO FAR BACK to be challenging for a podium. THIS IS NOT THE SAME BIKE OR HAS THE SAME RELATIVE COMPETITIVENESS AS IN 2010. If you think this bike is as competitive as in 2010 you clearly do not actually watch motoGP. I don't know what else to say. And let me make this clear once again, I personally am a DUCATI fan not a Rossi fan, just in case you think I am all about defending Rossi.

Never mind the fact that we have said NUMEROUS times that Hayden went from a podium contender in 2010 to languishing in 9th places in 2011. Here's a measuring stick for you:

If you are saying that Stoner would be able to challenge FOR PODIUMS ON MERIT which is what we were talking about, in other words, getting a podium with no crashes etc, you are saying that he would beat one of Pedrosa, Lorenzo or Rossi on factory Yamahas and Hondas.

STONER has had times this year where he failed to beat Lorenzo and Pedrosa WHILE ON A FACTORY HONDA.

So I ask this to you too. Are you saying that Stoner on a 2012 Ducati would beat Lorenzo, Pedrosa or Rossi on a factory Yamaha/Honda?

Advertisement

#752 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:25

Well at least Casey won't be on his own on the operating table

"Until we've had the surgery we won't know," said the 26-year-old Australian, who retires at the end of the season".

:p

#753 michal2009b

michal2009b

• 86 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 20:50

Who will replace Stoner and Hayden at Brno? I don't want to see 9 competitive riders...

#754 Risil

Risil

• 14,280 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 21:11

Big Arthur :up: :lol:

#755 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,941 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 22:41

That PC was painful, everyone was getting we'ed on.

No replacements for either rider, Michal.

#756 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,032 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 23:42

Well,its time to review and download Stoner best races.

Hope he comes back some year.

For now,lets see if Lorenzo can maintain the gap,i think he can.

Edited by Boxerevo, 23 August 2012 - 23:44.

#757 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,334 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 00:03

Elena Rosell is finally getting her Speed Up. This means that Moriwaki no longer has any bikes in Moto2.

Wow.

Such a shame for Stoner's last season to effectively end like this. Would have been nice for him to retire as a champion.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of unsatisfactory ending meant that Stoner would be back in 2-3 years time.

Edited by Disgrace, 24 August 2012 - 00:05.

#758 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:55

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of unsatisfactory ending meant that Stoner would be back in 2-3 years time.

I can see him in a few years time, sitting in a grubby chair, all 18 stone of him, surrounded by discarded pizza boxes and tinnies, covered in cigarette ash, with all his kids jumping all over him, hitting him on the head with a squeaky hammer. He's flicking through the channels and stumbles upon MotoGP at Valencia and Ducati have won the title as Alex Marquez lifts the trophy in front of an adoring Spanish crowd......

........"right, Adriana, get my bloody leathers!!"

#759 DS27

DS27

• 1,124 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:43

I can see him in a few years time, sitting in a grubby chair, all 18 stone of him, surrounded by discarded pizza boxes and tinnies, covered in cigarette ash, with all his kids jumping all over him, hitting him on the head with a squeaky hammer. He's flicking through the channels and stumbles upon MotoGP at Valencia and Ducati have won the title as Alex Marquez lifts the trophy in front of an adoring Spanish crowd......

:lol: Could be worse for him; Adriana could have left him for some up and coming Moto2 rider.

Seriously, I hope he does a couple of years of V8's and then come's back fresh and motivated for a final few years.

Advertisement

#760 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,941 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:24

Rossi is firing projectiles at Dani Pedrosa. He's due for a freak injury I guess.

#761 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,900 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:55

Yup I can totally see him back in a few years, with lighter PR obligations and a contract that gives him more space for himself. A bit like Raikkonen's comeback.

#762 Nova

Nova

• 7,163 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:00

Ayoama in front of Rea in first practice, perhaps he found the last gear on that bike :lol:

#763 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,617 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:19

:lol:

#764 Andy35

Andy35

• 3,453 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 13:48

Do you really think that is likely? :rolleyes:

He's lactose intolerant, so no pizza. It would be empty kebab cartons.

Andy

PS Very funny post :up:

Edited by Andy35, 24 August 2012 - 13:48.

#765 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 13:52

:rotfl:

#766 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,334 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:24

Joan Lascorz speaks.

#767 Risil

Risil

• 14,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:30

:up:

He sounds bitter about the safety level of the Imola circuit, which of course he's got more right than anyone to be, but those words also bring into focus the fact that no one seems to know what happened, exactly. Obviously Joan can't remember, and there don't seem to have been any witnesses. It was a very unusual place to have an accident, iirc. Frustrating.

#768 Risil

Risil

• 14,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:37

And while we're on the subject of wronged riders speaking out, here's Crutchlow making what appears to be a Spies-style retirement threat.

Most interesting is his assertion that he's not earning "a living wage" at Tech 3, whereas if he had a works ride in World Superbike, things would be different. CD, you were saying how in AMA Road Racing there were only three or four true professional riders in the field, with the rest divided between what we'll call "hand-to-mouth existence", and "spending more going racing than they'll ever earn back". Who'd have thought MotoGP, a friggin' World Championship, would be in the same situation? Of course the access to a factory ride that privateer teams give these days must be a significant downward pressure on wages. A lot of young riders with sponsorship will ride for pretty much nothing, in the hope that it'll lead to a works ride later. But still. What an utter **** up. This cannot be acceptable.

Gives a little perspective to why Dovizioso would sign up to be Ducati's lead rider, even though in performance terms it'll almost certainly be a severe step down. He was paying for those posh brakes on the M1 out of his own savings, after all.

Edited by Risil, 24 August 2012 - 14:40.

#769 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,900 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:43

Looks like Cal made up his mind.
I haven't hear of him being linked to any of the WSBK teams though, but I assume Kawazaki will be very interested, but I hope they'll retain Baz as well.

#770 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,900 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 14:48

Who'd have thought MotoGP, a friggin' World Championship, would be in the same situation?

I guess all the team and sponsors money go into leasing the Yamaha M1s 2 or 3 millions dollars a year ...

#771 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 15:44

Looks like Cal made up his mind.
I haven't hear of him being linked to any of the WSBK teams though, but I assume Kawazaki will be very interested, but I hope they'll retain Baz as well.

TBH, I wouldn't blame him. He came, he saw, he didn't quite conquer or even podium, but he's got to make a living and being a Brit he'll never have sponsors queuing up to back him so he may as well go back to World supers and battle it out hopefully a little nearer the front. Seems like Moto GP is on the verge of caving in and it's a good job that the knight in dayglo armour will be returning to save the day.

#772 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 16:04

And while we're on the subject of wronged riders speaking out, here's Crutchlow making what appears to be a Spies-style retirement threat.

Most interesting is his assertion that he's not earning "a living wage" at Tech 3, whereas if he had a works ride in World Superbike, things would be different. CD, you were saying how in AMA Road Racing there were only three or four true professional riders in the field, with the rest divided between what we'll call "hand-to-mouth existence", and "spending more going racing than they'll ever earn back". Who'd have thought MotoGP, a friggin' World Championship, would be in the same situation? Of course the access to a factory ride that privateer teams give these days must be a significant downward pressure on wages. A lot of young riders with sponsorship will ride for pretty much nothing, in the hope that it'll lead to a works ride later. But still. What an utter **** up. This cannot be acceptable.

Gives a little perspective to why Dovizioso would sign up to be Ducati's lead rider, even though in performance terms it'll almost certainly be a severe step down. He was paying for those posh brakes on the M1 out of his own savings, after all.

Back in the 60's & 70's even works riders like Mike Hailwood, didn't make a living out of racing in GPs. They made their money from appearing all over the place earning *start money*. Perhaps Crutchlow and others who are on the breadline need to be looking to ride more often. Do they really believe that racing 20 times a year is a full time job?

I'd have thought there are plenty of circuit owners who'd be happy to run an 'open' race weekend. Let's see Lorenzo, Marques, and the like riding against each other in old fashioned unlimited races.

I can't understand why riders can't enter 2 races at a GP. So Moto2 is different to MotoGP - it never seemed to trouble riders before Dorna buggered everything up.

#773 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,617 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 16:36

Back in the 60's & 70's even works riders like Mike Hailwood, didn't make a living out of racing in GPs. They made their money from appearing all over the place earning *start money*. Perhaps Crutchlow and others who are on the breadline need to be looking to ride more often. Do they really believe that racing 20 times a year is a full time job?

I'd have thought there are plenty of circuit owners who'd be happy to run an 'open' race weekend. Let's see Lorenzo, Marques, and the like riding against each other in old fashioned unlimited races.

I can't understand why riders can't enter 2 races at a GP. So Moto2 is different to MotoGP - it never seemed to trouble riders before Dorna buggered everything up.

I dont think most riders would be allowed to do stuff like this.

#774 Risil

Risil

• 14,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 16:40

But it's not the superstar factory riders who're being squeezed here. If you're on a Repsol Honda, or a factory Ducati, you're being paid handsomely. And I think everyone else has it written in their contracts not to go jeopardising their fitness riding in "other" races.

Anyway, Crutchlow's taking your advice, and racing elsewhere. The problem is that riding in Grands Prix is usually incompatible with making a living from racing.

#775 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 17:04

I dont think most riders would be allowed to do stuff like this.

Why? Who makes the rules?

#776 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:09

Why? Who makes the rules?

I would say that it was in their contracts.

#777 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,941 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 19:44

Most interesting is his assertion that he's not earning "a living wage" at Tech 3, whereas if he had a works ride in World Superbike, things would be different. CD, you were saying how in AMA Road Racing there were only three or four true professional riders in the field, with the rest divided between what we'll call "hand-to-mouth existence", and "spending more going racing than they'll ever earn back". Who'd have thought MotoGP, a friggin' World Championship, would be in the same situation?

I wonder if it's as bad as Cal says it is. "No money" sounds like hyperbole to me in Cal's case but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for a top level motorsports figure. Plenty of F1 drivers have driven for little/no salary and live off of personal sponsors. Hell, Jos Verstappen was making a damn good living at the same time that his sponsors were also acting as a lifeline for Minardi. I think if Cal has failed to use his position on a bike that has scored 5 podiums this year to bring in some sponsors to pay the bills then he has only himself to blame.

I wonder if Cal is stupid enough to be hoping that Carmelo will use a little influence like he did for James Toseland. With Scott Redding and Bradley Smith both looking set for rides I think he'd have a good laugh and boot him out of the motorhome.

This just smacks of jealousy more than anything. Is being chauffeured what Cal considers to be a 'decent living'?

"There's no decision to make. I am not going to stay here and earn no money to ride against people who are on 40 times my wages, it's as simple as that. To go and challenge for fourth, fifth sixth in races, have the odd podium next year and you're racing against guys who are cruising around in limos every week. Unfortunately, for me it doesn't work like that," said Crutchlow, speaking to Brno.

Poor baby.

Since we're talking money this is a good read: http://roadracingwor.../?article=49359

Very rarely would the public get access to figures like that and it gives some pretty neat insight into how much money it takes, still, to field an AMA Superbike team that can only win if Josh Hayes falls asleep and Blakey Young has a bad day. I'm still not a fan of the military spending money on "marketing" despite the massive returns generated in this case.

Edited by Chubby_Deuce, 24 August 2012 - 19:48.

#778 DS27

DS27

• 1,124 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:06

Oh Cal, I know you have always had a reputation, but I ignored it and cheered for you all the same.

Unfortunately, you are now coming across as a bit of a kno* for all to see. I hardly think you're poor. I may be wrong, but didn't you move to IOM for tax reasons - if so, wouldn't be much point unless your income was significant. You have not done enough to earn the crazy salary you aspire to. Now shut up and ride!

#779 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,083 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:28

I wonder if it's as bad as Cal says it is. "No money" sounds like hyperbole to me in Cal's case but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for a top level motorsports figure. Plenty of F1 drivers have driven for little/no salary and live off of personal sponsors. Hell, Jos Verstappen was making a damn good living at the same time that his sponsors were also acting as a lifeline for Minardi. I think if Cal has failed to use his position on a bike that has scored 5 podiums this year to bring in some sponsors to pay the bills then he has only himself to blame.

I wonder if Cal is stupid enough to be hoping that Carmelo will use a little influence like he did for James Toseland. With Scott Redding and Bradley Smith both looking set for rides I think he'd have a good laugh and boot him out of the motorhome.

This just smacks of jealousy more than anything. Is being chauffeured what Cal considers to be a 'decent living'?

Remember - he's British. Where is he going to get decent sponsors? Motorsport in UK, sadly is mainly F1.....I remember Bradley & Scott winning 125 GP's and receiving sparse coverage - and both bikes were full of foreign (mainly Dutch/Spanish) sponsors. It's the same in WRC; Kris Meeke has no drive as he can't get sponsors.

When you get to that level, you should be getting paid. Yes, I'm sure they all want to be in MotoGP - but if you get a better pay deal in WSBK, then you'd have to think about it.

Advertisement

#780 Arn

Arn

• 1,630 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:32

For me, Cal is the true whiner in MotoGP.

Just because he had a better start to the season, than most people expected, he thinks that he is the next hot property. Also fueled by the british media hyping him up. The guy in his 2. season on a Yamaha is crashing almost every race weekend and is being out scored by Dovi, who is on his first season on a Yamaha, and by many deemed unworthy of a factory ride after 3 unsuccesful years on a Repsol Honda. He is even doing better on a satellite Yamaha than he did in his first 2 seasons on the Honda! If you use Dovi as a benchmark, and I think he is a good one because of his consistancy, that Tech 3 Yamaha must be a rocket! Which could partly explain Cal's jump in performance from last year.

He just doesn't cut it, and a few other riders not on factory bikes and not whining are more deserving.

He says that he's racing to win and at the same time whines about not making a living at Tech 3. We dont even know how much he is making and calling not a living. For all we know, it could be 15 mill. Euros / 40 = 375000 Euros, which I think is more than alright for a rider in his position. The top guys in any sport always make alot more than the others. In MotoGP the difference is just more right now because of Rossi.

I bet lots of other riders would happily have his ride and some of them would be doing a better job.

I guess the problem in MotoGP at the moment is that there are alot less rides, than there are fast riders, so unless you are among the top riders, you are competing with a big part of the Moto2 field and some of the WSBK for just a few rides.

In my oponion he should count himself lucky to have gotten the chance. Its his own fault he didn't impress enough to get a factory ride. Spies was in the exact same situation and delivered.

#781 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,941 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:36

He is getting paid. Unless everyone else is on zero salary as well as there are apparently guys out there making 40 times what he does.

I don't buy the nationality stuff. Any company, especially global ones, would jump at a decent ROI from a MotoGP sponsorship if approached. Now there's two possibilities here: MotoGP sponsorship doesn't offer a decent ROI or Cal hasn't gone looking.

A quick glance at Kris Meeke (I don't follow rallying) suggests that his issue with finding a ride are similar to Cal's payday: A lack of results.

#782 Risil

Risil

• 14,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 20:43

Crutchlow's had his Monster Energy tie-in since the World Supersport days. By all reports he's pretty smart, so if everyone else is picking up a living from personal sponsorship, I have a hard time believing it just hasn't occurred to him to do the same. Course he's also using the Brit press to lever himself a better contract, possibly a better spec bike next year.

But there's good reason to be worried about what Cal's saying. Both because riders should be getting paid like professional sportsmen, and because MotoGP mustn't become inhospitable for "independent" riders. I hope a few journalists are planning on following this up.

#783 Lennat

Lennat

• 523 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 22:48

Am I right in thinking satelite drivers usually make at least about a couple hundred thousand euros a year?

#784 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,458 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 23:44

Maybe Cal can go win a championship in super bike then get a factory ride. Who knows. He makes it sound like motto go needs him when there are other similar brush ride coming in the pipes. One year of sending results he is suppressed to be having... not over achieving by finishing ahead of Andrea or Stephan. And last year he looked like he didn't even deserve his shot. He was garbage last year. He needs to calm down with his diva attitude.

Edited by Lazy Prodigy, 24 August 2012 - 23:44.

#785 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 10,024 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 00:12

Shut up and ride Cal. He never looked any better than Spies and that hasn't turned out like people expected or hoped.

Brno winner was always champion in the 800cc era. Last year Pedrosa was on fire all weekend, but he crashed on lap 2 or 3.

Lorenzo can still play the math and not have to beat Pedrosa at all costs.

#786 Nova

Nova

• 7,163 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26

Shut up and ride Cal. He never looked any better than Spies and that hasn't turned out like people expected or hoped.

Brno winner was always champion in the 800cc era. Last year Pedrosa was on fire all weekend, but he crashed on lap 2 or 3.

Lorenzo can still play the math and not have to beat Pedrosa at all costs.

Lorenzo can at worst come in second baring an accident or horrid weather. He is also going to win more races. It's in the bag as long as he stay on the bike, and/or the bike don't break down.

#787 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 877 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:08

Pedrosa worried he broke his ankle and Lorenzo having a rare fall. Imagine how the season would be thrown wide open if these two had to miss some races.

#788 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,941 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:57

Who was that stretchered away in the Moto3 practice? Nasty crash, looked fast and directly into grass rather than sliding on asphalt first.

Khairuddin has been a pleasant surprise this year considering how average he was on a 125. Hopefully he can keep an Ajo bike for next year and move up into the vacuum that Cortese and Vinales will leave. It's tough to be quick when you don't have a half decent national level series to come up through (CEV is literally why we have the Spanish invasion) but he seems to be getting better every weekend. Good for him.

That is assuming that Vinales does leave, I guess he's young enough to do another year and win a title but I think that would be silly, winning every race by a country mile won't make him any faster.

#789 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,334 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:41

Tech 3 confirm Crutchlow and Smith.

Looks like it was all hot air from Crutchlow. I personally quite rate Smith (although perhaps not "alien" level) and think he could suit a bigger bike.

#790 GX390

GX390

• 751 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:17

Tech 3 confirm Crutchlow and Smith.

Looks like it was all hot air from Crutchlow. I personally quite rate Smith (although perhaps not "alien" level) and think he could suit a bigger bike.

Agreed, I actually think he has a chance of beating Crutchlow next year.

#791 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:46

No please not Smith. He's so average. :( . Why not go for someone like Pol Espargaro?

#792 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,334 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:04

The Smith/Tech 3 bed has long been made, since it was announced towards the end of 2010.

I think he's done a good job, and to me it's fairly clear the Tech 3 Moto2 chassis has fallen significantly behind the opposition. There aren't even any Moriwakis left, such is the extent of development.

I hope Pol will get his chance too.

#793 OO7

OO7

• 9,230 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:06

Dani's down :eek:

#794 OO7

OO7

• 9,230 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:52

What's happening with Dani? He did a 1:56.2 in the morning FP session.

#795 Arn

Arn

• 1,630 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:01

What's happening with Dani? He did a 1:56.2 in the morning FP session.

The crash must have knocked his confidence and his 2. bike was probably not as much to his liking as the 1. one.

#796 Arn

Arn

• 1,630 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 13:11

The crash must have knocked his confidence and his 2. bike was probably not as much to his liking as the 1. one.

In the PC Dani confirmed that the 2. bike was more rigid and had more chatter, especially at the front. They didn't know why.

#797 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 16:23

I and others have explained this ABOUT ONE MILLION TIMES but here I go once again.

YES FFS, Stoner would have done better than the others, but THIS Ducati is TOO FAR BACK to be challenging for a podium. THIS IS NOT THE SAME BIKE OR HAS THE SAME RELATIVE COMPETITIVENESS AS IN 2010. If you think this bike is as competitive as in 2010 you clearly do not actually watch motoGP. I don't know what else to say. And let me make this clear once again, I personally am a DUCATI fan not a Rossi fan, just in case you think I am all about defending Rossi.

If I thought this bike was as competitive as 2010, I'd have said Stoner would be winning. I said he would be a podium contender, just like you called Nicky Hayden a podium contender in 2010, with his one, solitary podium. Nicky has had 4 top six finishes this year, one of which would have been a 4th were he not barged offline. I reckon Stoner would have had one podium by now.

STONER has had times this year where he failed to beat Lorenzo and Pedrosa WHILE ON A FACTORY HONDA.

That's right, just keeping talking... you'll reveal, to yourself, the folly of your "on merit" constraints eventually. :wave:

So I ask this to you too. Are you saying that Stoner on a 2012 Ducati would beat Lorenzo, Pedrosa or Rossi on a factory Yamaha/Honda?

Absolutely. Dovisioso, the second stringer managed to do it on a second string bike several times this year. I imagine the best rider in moto gp should be able to do the same at least once on the GP12.

Feel free to have the last word on this. I'll try ti resist the urge to comment next time I see someone laughing at the idea that Stoner may have scored a podium this year on the GP12, as hard as that is to do.

Edited by BMW4life, 25 August 2012 - 16:30.

#798 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,900 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 17:32

WSBK Superpole :

1. Carlos Checa (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'34.193
2. Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'34.549
3. Eugene Laverty (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'34.562
4. Leon Haslam (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'35.170
5. Marco Melandri (BMW Motorrad Motorsport) BMW S1000 RR 1'35.224
6. Jonathan Rea (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'35.237
7. Max Biaggi (Aprilia Racing Team) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'35.253
8. Davide Giugliano (Althea Racing) Ducati 1098R 1'34.973
9. Loris Baz (Kawasaki Racing Team) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'35.224
10. Niccolò Canepa (Red Devils Roma) Ducati 1098R 1'35.255
11. John Hopkins (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'35.678
12. Hiroshi Aoyama (Honda World Superbike Team) Honda CBR1000RR 1'35.834
13. Chaz Davies (ParkinGO MTC Racing) Aprilia RSV4 Factory 1'35.629
14. Lorenzo Zanetti (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'35.678
15. Sylvain Guintoli (PATA Racing Team) Ducati 1098R 1'35.689
16. David Salom (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'35.798
17. Michel Fabrizio (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'36.182
18. Leon Camier (FIXI Crescent Suzuki) Suzuki GSX-R1000 1'36.237
19. Ayrton Badovini (BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet) BMW S1000 RR 1'36.326
20. Alexander Lundh (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'38.163
21. David McFadden (Team Pedercini) Kawasaki ZX-10R 1'38.372

Be careful, the races are 2 hours earlier than the usual time. :smoking:

Edited by GSiebert, 31 August 2012 - 09:46.

#799 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,900 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 20:20

HRC annoucement coming tomorrow, Jonny Rea could replace Stoner after testing the RC213 on Monday.

Advertisement

#800 Nova

Nova

• 7,163 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 20:31

HRC annoucement coming tomorrow, Jonny Rea could replace Stoner after testing the RC213 on Monday.

That would be nice to see. Rea deserves a shot a showing what he got without him earning a full ride.