Photo

2012 - MotoGP, WSB, Moto2, WSP, AMA, BSB Part II

• Please log in to reply
2374 replies to this topic

#851 manmower

manmower

• 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:50

For a while there I thought Lorenzo was playing with him, but great fight from Pedrosa and a deserved win to keep the championship open.

Advertisement

#852 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,386 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:53

Not sure what Lorenzo was thinking, he should've known that Pedrosa was much better on the entry to the final chicane, yet he gives Pedrosa the inside line to set up a block-pass? Why not make Pedrosa go the long way around?

Edited by hotstickyslick, 26 August 2012 - 12:54.

#853 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:54

Brilliant race by Pedrosa. Especially after the problems he witnessed in during Qualy, having to use his 2nd bike. That Yamaha was monstrous in the turns.

Edited by Smile17, 26 August 2012 - 12:57.

#854 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,394 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 13:00

Not sure what Lorenzo was thinking, he should've known that Pedrosa was much better on the entry to the final chicane, yet he gives Pedrosa the inside line to set up a block-pass? Why not make Pedrosa go the long way around?

I agree. Pedrosa was stronger all the way up the hill and in fact in all the overtaking spots unfortunately for Jorge.

#855 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,870 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 13:34

Its official for Rea, he'll race at Misano and Aragon.

#856 Arn

Arn

• 1,630 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 14:23

Its official for Rea, he'll race at Misano and Aragon.

Glad to hear it's not going to be a test rider.

I think it would be better if they gave the repsol bike to Bradl, and have Rea on the LCR instead.

#857 Risil

Risil

• 13,731 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 14:30

Bradl would probably be better off sticking with his own engineers, especially given how it's only a couple of races. Plus contracts etc.

#858 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,780 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 15:37

One helluva a race and a cracker of a last lap. Did I understand correctly that it was the first time in 12 years that a Brit made it to the podium?

#859 Dispenser89

Dispenser89

• 3,460 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 15:57

Yeah, first since Jeremy McWilliams.

Great race and battle between Lorenzo and Pedrosa. Shame there's a 3 week gap to Misano.

Advertisement

#860 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 16:56

Best MotoGP race in years and it's all smiling faces on the podium.

A few more like that and we'll soon forget Stoner.

#861 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,870 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 17:13

Don't get too excited, there's one finish like that every year or two, and behind the 2 leaders, the race was boring as hell.

#862 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,289 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 17:44

Don't get too excited, there's one finish like that every year or two, and behind the 2 leaders, the race was boring as hell.

Same thought here, sure it was exciting to see Pedrosa and Lorenzo on eachother tailes all race and actually fighting for the win, but behind them nothing happened really.

#863 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,386 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 17:55

Best MotoGP race in years and it's all smiling faces on the podium.

A few more like that and we'll soon forget Stoner.

Speak for yourself maybe. ;)

#864 Trust

Trust

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 18:35

Stoner would walk this race, and Pedrosa vs Lorenzo would be good fight for 2nd place. Shame for Casey what happened.

#865 Nova

Nova

• 7,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 18:46

Didn't think Dany had it in him :up: To bad there are not more riders with a ride capable of meddling with the two front leaders.

Spies.... annus horribilis continues :eek:

Would love to see him land at Honda though. Personality wise he is my favorite MotoGp rider and I'm sure he are able to ride the hell out of a motoGPbike.

#866 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 20:44

Stoner would walk this race

LOL he can't walk, silly.

I enjoyed watching Pedrosa earn that one. I've been critical of him as a racer in the past but he was better than Lorenzo today.

#867 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 20:52

Stoner would walk this race, and Pedrosa vs Lorenzo would be good fight for 2nd place. Shame for Casey what happened.

Laguna Seca was a pure gamble on soft which paid off and what do you make of Germany? So no..

#868 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 22:04

Am I the only one who thought the race was awful? The last lap was good but apart from that it was the most boring race of the season, and that's saying something.

#869 Risil

Risil

• 13,731 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 22:18

I enjoyed watching Pedrosa earn that one. I've been critical of him as a racer in the past but he was better than Lorenzo today.

When Lorenzo levered him aside midway through the last lap, I thought the race was over. Really impressed by the way Pedrosa came back and held on, this felt like a significant moment in the season/his career. Good timing of Toby Moody, too, to write a column this week saying that he finally believes in Dani as a top-level rider. Man knows his shit.

#870 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,340 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 22:36

Am I the only one who thought the race was awful? The last lap was good but apart from that it was the most boring race of the season, and that's saying something.

Did you not watch Indy?

I'd take a last lap battle over any of the races we've had to endure this year.

#871 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 22:58

Have to be commenting without looking at what others have posted (due to work and wife-buying-a-sports-car-that-needed-some-bits-bolting-onto-it commitments) but what a fantastic Moto GP race, easily the best one I can recall without VR at the sharp end.
I think we all (Dani included) learned that Pedrosa CAN mix it but Jorge must still be kicking himself over the outside overtake attempt.
But Calvin, well, if someone had suggested 3 years ago that a Brit would hit the podium and that Brit would be C. Crutchlow esq, well, they'd have been laughed off the forum. If only I'd have thought of it!
Well done mate! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#872 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 23:04

Don't worry, Cal won't let us forget about it.

#873 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 23:16

Don't worry, Cal won't let us forget about it.

.........and rightly so!  ;)

C'mon CD, it's been a long time!

#874 Risil

Risil

• 13,731 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 23:33

Brit riders are outperforming American riders in MotoGP for the first time since, what, 1977? Bound to cause tension.

#875 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 00:21

It's terrible. Cal is even trying to steal the Edwards style of PR-speak.

#876 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 426 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:40

It was extremely unusual for all 3 races to have such little overtaking.Can't remember a weekend like it and on a great circuit like Brno makes it even more perplexing.Must have been the cold conditions for the tyres.

I wouldn't say it was boring though.That last lap of Moto GP was worth waiting to see.2 brilliant overtakes by both Lorenzo mid corner then Pedrosa up the hill.Lorenzo was a class act in defeat after a clean and fair fight.
Congrats to Brits for getting on the podium but they have a long way to go to catch the Spanish Armada of Riders :) Good to see Folger and other Germans doing well too.

#877 Realyn

Realyn

• 555 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:09

Folger really tashed them. Now I feel even more bad for him ... the time on that pos bike must have been the pure horror.

#878 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,870 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:09

Rea on Stoner's bike http://yfrog.com/kfhuwqjj

#879 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,051 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:22

@MotoGPJules: Looks like Edwards and Pasini CRT efforts will merge under Forward banner and use Aprilias. Suter BeeEm to its rightful role as boat anchor

Advertisement

#880 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:37

Interesting. Heard it mentioned that Speedmaster was having trouble with money. Both sides get something out of the deal.

#881 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,051 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:43

Appears there's more to this

@MOTOCI_Maroto: @MotoGPJules Suter goes to Petrucci... And Pasini wont be on the bike any more... maybe Moto2

#882 Rob

Rob

• 8,169 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:32

@MOTOCI_Maroto: @MotoGPJules Suter goes to Petrucci... And Pasini wont be on the bike any more... maybe Moto2

It'll be a shame if Pasini is relegated to Moto2. Maybe Blusens could put him on Ivan Silva's bike. It'd be a far better use of it.

#883 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 14:04

Bloody TinTin introducing BSB on Eurosport -

"Welcome to Cadwell Park, where you can expect to see plenty of thrills and spills."

What a plonker, the last thing I want to see at a motorcycle racing event is accidents. Perhaps if he fell off at 100mph onto his fat arse, he might think differently.

#884 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 294 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 14:41

Anyone know when the British TV rights are up ?

I'm shit sick of BBC commentary. It is truly awful and not a patch on Eurosport.

:up: :up:

I couldn't agree more. Cox and Parrish are two total arseholes. Completely unsuited to the task. For me they ruin it, and I have felt that way ever since the epic duel between Stoner and Rossi at Laguna Seca in '08 where they thought it would be better to regale us with a couple of boy's tales (nudge-nudge, wink-wink - you know the kind of crap) instead of commentating on one of the most thrilling heart-in-mouth sequences of racing in some time. Two world champs going balls-out on the mighty Corkscrew and those two oafs sharing 'in jokes'

The only good thing is that at least we do have Toby and Julian if you can wait an hour or so to watch the MotoGP race as I have watched it for years.

I'm a big fan of sport on the Beeb, including my F1, but they got it very wrong with Cox and Parrish.

#885 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 14:54

I'm shit sick of BBC commentary. It is truly awful and not a patch on Eurosport.

Watch it on Eurosport then.

#886 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 705 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 15:24

People who say last MotoGP race was great should really watch SBK. Then you know what great racing is. :)

#887 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 16:52

Watch it on Eurosport then.

Eurosport doesn't show the races live.

#888 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 17:14

Catherine Green won the MotoStar British Championship race today - by 13 seconds.
The first woman to win a British Championship motorcycle race.

Well done that woman.

#889 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 17:32

Peeps spent years on the BBC messageboards moaning about Cox and Parrish, but obviously to no avail. So don't think for one minute that those pair of plonkers are going anywhere.

Unfortunately. :(

#890 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,340 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 17:40

I don't think Parrish is the problem. He commentates other motorbike races well when he is partnered by someone enthusiastic.

I feel bad for saying it but Charlie Cox is simply not suited for the job, he makes MotoGP feel soooo dull. And the same old jokes

- "that shot the fox"
- mention hire car
- he's leading by a poofteenth
- mention Parrish is old and slow
etc...

same every single race.

Edited by rhukkas, 27 August 2012 - 17:40.

#891 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 18:27

Appears there's more to this

Poor Petrucci.

#892 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:03

Catherine Green won the MotoStar British Championship race today - by 13 seconds.
The first woman to win a British Championship motorcycle race.

Well done that woman.

In the wet as well :eek:

#893 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,917 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:04

There's a joke to be made about women and wetness but I'm far too classy for that.

#894 montoyasminion

montoyasminion

• 378 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:12

The same Eurosport who somehow missed it when it was announced that Sam Lowes had a drive through, and then proceeded to shout "Sam's got a problem, he's got a problem, Sam Lowes has a problem" when Sam came in to take said drive through? And then they didn't figure out what was going on until he was 3/4 the way down the pit lane.

Moral of the story - nobody is perfect.

Lets hope that by Misano, Rea can do more than lap two tenths faster than Yonny. Personally, I'd like to see Rea do enough to have Honda place him in Bautista's ride next year.

#895 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 19:25

I don't think Parrish is the problem. He commentates other motorbike races well when he is partnered by someone enthusiastic.

I feel bad for saying it but Charlie Cox is simply not suited for the job, he makes MotoGP feel soooo dull. And the same old jokes

- "that shot the fox"
- mention hire car
- he's leading by a poofteenth
- mention Parrish is old and slow
etc...

same every single race.

Two campaigns were launched on the BBC messageboards. They didn't mind the "Sack Parrish" version, but they weren't too keen on "Cox Out". :smoking:

#896 DS27

DS27

• 1,021 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 20:32

The same Eurosport who somehow missed it when it was announced that Sam Lowes had a drive through, and then proceeded to shout "Sam's got a problem, he's got a problem, Sam Lowes has a problem" when Sam came in to take said drive through? And then they didn't figure out what was going on until he was 3/4 the way down the pit lane.

Moral of the story - nobody is perfect.

They made a few glaring errors over the course of the day, but you know, I just don't care. Their comentary is fantastic and their enthusiasm totally adds to the show. Bear in mind that they're looking at small monitors, so it's easier to miss on screen graphics. I do agree that the Lowes penalty should have been obvious, but like you say, nobody's perfect. However, they are 99% there.

I can't listen to Cox and Parrish - awful, just awful.

Edited by DS27, 27 August 2012 - 20:35.

#897 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 21:02

They made a few glaring errors over the course of the day, but you know, I just don't care. Their comentary is fantastic and their enthusiasm totally adds to the show. Bear in mind that they're looking at small monitors, so it's easier to miss on screen graphics. I do agree that the Lowes penalty should have been obvious, but like you say, nobody's perfect. However, they are 99% there.

I can't listen to Cox and Parrish - awful, just awful.

Have to agree with you. :up:

#898 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,340 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 21:29

I once recall during quali or a race that I suddenly was 'at ease' and enjoying watching the bikes... I'd soon realised there had been a technical fault leaving just the sound of the bikes. I can not understand how Cox continues to collect a pay check? What does he know?? Who does he know?

#899 TFLB

TFLB

• 1,616 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 21:34

I don't mind the BBC commentary that much, although I prefer Eurosport. Something that annoys me about the Eurosport commentators though is how sometimes one of them will mention something interesting - for example, about a rider falling out with his team - and then they agree not to say any more about it, obviously because it's harmful for the person involved. IMO they should either not mention it in the first place or tell the whole story. Other than that they're great.

Advertisement

#900 chunder27

chunder27

• 888 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 22:33

Cox and PArrish you feel are just there for the paycheck

They offer very6 little in the way of news, certainly not in the other classes.

I dont mind Toby and Julian, but the other guys that come in sometimes on Eurusport are also very good, Charlie is excellent in the WSB pitlane, and the guy they had commentating when Jack and Jim were BSB somewhere was excellent too, really on the button.

Often though its not the lads faults, Jack and Jim are hampered by the WSB, (lets look at dalligna/melandris missus tits, ) when something good is going on, the WSB race tev director is possibly the worst I have even knows on any sport.

Cox and Parrish are bearable, STeve particuarly, but when you compare the info and detail you get from To by and Julian it simply lacks.

But dont get me started on Nick Harris and Gavin Emmett, Dear Lord these two are in their own little parallel universe! Everything that happens is a conspiracy and every move that is made in a Moto3 race is vital and pivotal in the championship, even on lap 1

Cretins and boys who have been in the job so long they are unsackable, but that goes for an awful lot of people involved in bike racing sadly