• 1,872 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 16:26

Wow Althea has splitted with Ducati. :eek:

Advertisement

#1902 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 16:44

Team orders? Lorenzo and Pedrosa won't be able to maintain the same pace. So you are suggesting they tell Stoner to slow down? Good luck with that.

Yeah he won't give a damn!

#1903 KavB

KavB

• 1,079 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 16:46

There's no way Casey will give up what could be his final ever win in MotoGP, especially when it is in front of his home crowd! If they fire him immediately afterwards, so what? He'd probably prefer his home race to be his final one.

#1904 ehagar

ehagar

• 6,232 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 17:09

Wow Althea has splitted with Ducati. :eek:

http://www.moto.it/S...-la-ducati.html

A few quotes there... sounds like dissatisfaction over development with the Panigale

#1905 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,918 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:06

RIP Seagull.

#1906 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,918 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:23

Ajo was running top 5, ran off, came back on, crashed, came back on and then crashed again. Taken to the medical center. Yikes.

#1907 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,918 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:34

How many Moto2 engines have popped this weekend? Ianonne just had one go or punctured the radiator when he ran off.

#1908 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:39

Question. How in gods name id Bradley Smith manage to get a MotoGP ride? There are far better riders out in that class more worthy of such a ride. I bet the Tech3 boss is shitting himself now.

#1909 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,797 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:02

Question. How good is that Tech3 bike?

#1910 lbennie

lbennie

• 1,947 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:03

how good is marquez' bike?

final corner was ridiculous, he almost got westy as well.

#1911 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:16

You'd have to back Marquez to be able to keep up with Pol who rode an amazing race. So I think he may have been playing safe before that final corner?
I'd assume Pol's corner exits would be very similar if you overlayed them with Marquez's final corner?
I wonder about Smith as well...surelly his bike is better than Ant Wests?

Edited by 0thecougar, 28 October 2012 - 04:17.

#1912 Realyn

Realyn

• 555 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:25

Question. How in gods name id Bradley Smith manage to get a MotoGP ride? There are far better riders out in that class more worthy of such a ride. I bet the Tech3 boss is shitting himself now.

Agree, can't understand it as well.

Well, congratz to Marquez. But I'll be honest here - I really hoped someone would crash him out of this and the following race.
I'm having the same problems to like Marquez as I did with Hamilton. Yes, he has talent, but rules get bend for him, he is driving like a maniac at times and crashes other people - alot. Him sending Wilaroit into the Hospital without any race ban is just another example of him ... being spanish.

#1913 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,918 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:31

I really hoped someone would crash him out of this and the following race

Disgusting.

#1914 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:36

Agree, can't understand it as well.

Well, congratz to Marquez. But I'll be honest here - I really hoped someone would crash him out of this and the following race.
I'm having the same problems to like Marquez as I did with Hamilton. Yes, he has talent, but rules get bend for him, he is driving like a maniac at times and crashes other people - alot. Him sending Wilaroit into the Hospital without any race ban is just another example of him ... being spanish.

No different to most riders coming through the grades
Even Lorenzo was banned for a race for his aggresive style? And there was plenty of complaining about Simoncelli?
Surely a lot of fast wild riders are harnessed and their style adjusted?

So you're after a result like Malaysia last year? Would that please you?
Amazingly stupid thing to say. So clever you are...

#1915 Realyn

Realyn

• 555 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:43

Yeah exactly. I said that I wanted someone to drive him to death. That's exactly what I said, right?

edit: but following your logic I got a question to ask.
Is every Pol Espargaró fan stupid in your eyes?
The only way for him to win was if Marquez would have finished out of the points. The only way for this to happen is a crash/own mistake or very rarely a technical problem. So yeah, I'll say it again - I would have prefered if Espargaro would have won. Shame on me.

Edited by Realyn, 28 October 2012 - 04:49.

#1916 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:47

Ok, "hope someone would crash him out of this race and the following one"
But into a bed of feathers?
I'm sorry I missed that part.

#1917 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:55

Yeah exactly. I said that I wanted someone to drive him to death. That's exactly what I said, right?

edit: but following your logic I got a question to ask.
Is every Pol Espargaró fan stupid in your eyes?
The only way for him to win was if Marquez would have finished out of the points. The only way for this to happen is a crash/own mistake or very rarely a technical problem. So yeah, I'll say it again - I would have prefered if Espargaro would have won. Shame on me.

You never mentioned about Pol. I wouldn't have thought he was someone you liked, being that he's "Spanish" and can get away with anything?
You just said that because his riding has been dangerous you wish people would knock him off his bike? That's pretty different to hoping he doesn't finish the race so Pol has a shot at the title?

#1918 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:58

ANYWAY,
Can/will Lorenzo finish in front of Pedrosa?
And how hard will he push to make it happen today or will he take it safe and let the championship battle go to the final race?

#1919 Realyn

Realyn

• 555 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:02

Where is this different? We are in the last 2 races of the season, I'm sorry if you aren't able to see how this is relevant.
All you are trying at this point is putting words into my mouth I never said.

I don't like Marquez, because he gets favored, because he is spanish. I have nothing against spanish people.
I hoped Marquez wouldn't have finished the last 2 races.
And no, I'm no hypocrite saying that I would have hopened for a techincal defect. A DNF these days only happens after a collusion most of the time.

But like I said on the first post. Congratz to him. He has been the fastest driver this season and he deserve the title.

Edited by Realyn, 28 October 2012 - 05:04.

Advertisement

#1920 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,918 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:03

Jorge World Champion.

#1921 0thecougar

0thecougar

• 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:07

No need for team orders.

#1922 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:12

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that casey's gonna bin it...

#1923 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 5,311 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:13

This is MotoGP not F1.

If this was F1, it'd be Stoner's fault for Pedrosa's crash.. for 'pressuring' instead of protecting him.

Even in F1 most teams race freely.. it's only Ferrari that usually use them. Or teams using Alonso as their main driver. Of course, other teams sometimes do (occasionally) but it's more of a drivers choice.. rather than an ORDER.

Shame as that battle was shaping up nicely.. now it seems forgone conclusion.. Stoner P1, Lorenzo P2.. at least there is a good battle for P3.

#1924 toofast

toofast

• 463 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:47

This is MotoGP not F1.

If this was F1, it'd be Stoner's fault for Pedrosa's crash.. for 'pressuring' instead of protecting him.

Even in F1 most teams race freely.. it's only Ferrari that usually use them. Or teams using Alonso as their main driver. Of course, other teams sometimes do (occasionally) but it's more of a drivers choice.. rather than an ORDER.

Shame as that battle was shaping up nicely.. now it seems forgone conclusion.. Stoner P1, Lorenzo P2.. at least there is a good battle for P3.

You mean p4?

#1925 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:54

Great job Jorge, he deserves it. Incredible to believe that he's finished 2nd or better every race this season, other than Assen when he got taken out through no fault of his own. Great job by Yamaha as well.

#1926 WatchingF1since4yearsold

WatchingF1since4yearsold

• 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:01

well done Lorenzo, was in a class of his own this year.

great to see Cal on the podium again as well :)

#1927 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:44

well done Lorenzo, was in a class of his own this year.

great to see Cal on the podium again as well :)

Lorenzo in a class of his own? What MotoGP class have you been watching lately? This season screams 'Dani Pedrosa', the true and moral winner of 2012.

#1928 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:07

Lorenzo in a class of his own? What MotoGP class have you been watching lately? This season screams 'Dani Pedrosa', the true and moral winner of 2012.

Pedrosa has been the man lately, though in the beginning of the season Jorge was fantastic while Pedrosa was floundering in 2nd and mostly 3rd while Stoner and Lorenzo were trading wins.

Lorenzo on Stoner: "the greatest rider I have ever seen."

Ooooh, starting the mind games with his teammate next year already?

Edited by BigCHrome, 28 October 2012 - 08:04.

#1929 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,111 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:11

Didn't wake up. What happened? Why did Pedrosa fall? And it's with a heavy heart that I say congratulations Lorenzo.

#1930 umapathypon

umapathypon

• 2,739 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:11

True and moral winner.. :drunk:

We'll see next year whether it was because Lorenzo needed to be careful and he didn't have to push as hard as when he was fighting against Stoner.

#1931 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:26

Pedrosa has been the man lately, though in the beginning of the season Jorge was fantastic while Pedrosa was floundering in 2nd and mostly 3rd while Stoner and Lorenzo were trading wins.

Lorenzo on Stoner: "the greatest rider I have ever seen."

Ooooh, starting the mind games with his teammate next year already?

You have to take into account that HRC didn't start off very well. The bike was just horrible at times, bouncing all over the track. Later on they found the balance again.

True and moral winner.. :drunk:

We'll see next year whether it was because Lorenzo needed to be careful and he didn't have to push as hard as when he was fighting against Stoner.

Yeah definitely. I think Rossi has it in him to unsettle Lorenzo big time. Anyway Pedrosa will take it as long as Honda is right there.

Edited by Smile17, 28 October 2012 - 08:27.

#1932 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,124 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:27

Nobody was going to beat Stoner today and watching Stoner riding Stoner's (previously known as turn 3) has always been impressive and BBC's brief montage was great

Happy for Lorenzo second World Championship, riding by numbers and plays hard when it really matters

Pedrosa has visibly matured in front of us this year, there's a championship waiting for him, I hope he gets one!

wonder if they will give Stoner a wildcard for this track next year? 125cc!

#1933 umapathypon

umapathypon

• 2,739 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:25

You have to take into account that HRC didn't start off very well. The bike was just horrible at times, bouncing all over the track. Later on they found the balance again.

Yeah definitely. I think Rossi has it in him to unsettle Lorenzo big time. Anyway Pedrosa will take it as long as Honda is right there.

This whole transformation after 5 years is kind of...we'll see next year anyway.

#1934 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,289 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:28

And again not a championship for Dani, i still believe he will never win one in the MotoGP. Sure he had a great run the last couple of races "but" had Stoner not injured himself he would never have won all those races. Lorenzo was the most consistent rider this year and deserves the title.

Stoner was brilliant today he made it look so easy, nice for Crutchlow to get a podium as well. Congrats to Marquez for taking the title he was the best this year although i would have preferred that Pol had taken the title. And ofcourse RIP seagull.;)

#1935 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,851 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:22

Congrats Stoner and Lorenzo.

And JLo still has a lot more to come!

#1936 aray

aray

• 2,601 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:27

that's the question you should ask yourself.....
also i doubt you understand what the world 'moral' means...

#1937 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,872 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:28

Its a shame we didn't get to see better racing between those 3 aliens this season.

Will next year be Pedrosa's last chance ? The Honda seems superior to the Yamaha since mid season, and Marquez won't probably be ready to challenge for the title next year already.

Edited by GSiebert, 28 October 2012 - 13:40.

#1938 qwertyu

qwertyu

• 83 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:34

Which championship have you been watching? Pedrosa has been 6 (or 7 years I cannot remember) with the best team in MotoGP, with the best bike of the grid most of the years and still couldn't achieve a championship. Pedrosa didn't deserve the championship, 1st because Stoner would have beaten him if he hadn't the injury, second because even having the best bike of the grid he still made a mistake (again) and lost all his opportunities to win. On the other side two team.mates have won a championship with the same bike (Hayden and Stoner)

On the other side Lorenzo has this championship with a bike that was clearly inferior.

Edited by qwertyu, 28 October 2012 - 13:36.

#1939 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 13:42

Which championship have you been watching? Pedrosa has been 6 (or 7 years I cannot remember) with the best team in MotoGP, with the best bike of the grid most of the years and still couldn't achieve a championship. Pedrosa didn't deserve the championship, 1st because Stoner would have beaten him if he hadn't the injury, second because even having the best bike of the grid he still made a mistake (again) and lost all his opportunities to win. On the other side two team.mates have won a championship with the same bike (Hayden and Stoner)

On the other side Lorenzo has this championship with a bike that was clearly inferior.

So in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 he's had the best bike? Even this year with all the problems Honda have been having? Even Stoner could not beat the Yamaha this year.

Pedrosa has all the talent to win a championship, but it's not just talent that wins you one sadly.

Advertisement

#1940 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,342 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 14:03

I watched this race because it's Stoner's last GP in Australia, but christ was it another dull race or what?

#1941 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,872 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 14:25

The Dovi/Bradl/Bautista battle was good fun, the Aspar boys had a good scrap as well (but we didn't see it on tv), the rest of the riders were 5s from each others ...

Edited by GSiebert, 28 October 2012 - 14:26.

#1942 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,399 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 14:38

Even in F1 most teams race freely.. it's only Ferrari that usually use them.

Just not true.

Anyways, glad to see Lorenzo champion. :up:

#1943 qwertyu

qwertyu

• 83 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 15:59

So in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 he's had the best bike? Even this year with all the problems Honda have been having? Even Stoner could not beat the Yamaha this year.

Pedrosa has all the talent to win a championship, but it's not just talent that wins you one sadly.

He has been in the team with more budget and more resources to make a winning bike. The fact is that his team-mates won and he didn't.

We will never know, but this year the best bike was the Honda (even yamaha was not much worse), but you can bet Stoner without injury would have fininished higher than Pedrosa.

I'm not saying Pedrosa hasn't got talent to win a championship, but he has been too long on the best team, and has made too many mistakes under pressure (and sadly too many injuries as well).

#1944 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:40

Sadly, it was predictable that the title would be decided by when Pedrosa fell off. Compared to other years he's done very well in only going down the track twice and he's not injured himself either.

#1945 wayned

wayned

• 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:58

I had a feeling that Pedrosa would bin it sooner or later, Jorge is worthy winner.

Never been a Stoner fan but not going to be the same without him racing.

#1946 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:13

BREAKING!

Althea, Ducati 'split', future plans uncertain

Ducati insists it will continue in the World Superbike Championship next season despite ending its agreement with the Althea Racing team.

http://www.crash.net..._uncertain.html

Comments suggest Alstare or ParkinGO might become the new Duc factory team.

In an other place I read some speculations about a Checa-Guintoli pairing maybe with a full factory team with Tardozzi.

Edited by Tarzaan, 28 October 2012 - 17:31.

#1947 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,389 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:30

He has been in the team with more budget and more resources to make a winning bike. The fact is that his team-mates won and he didn't.

We will never know, but this year the best bike was the Honda (even yamaha was not much worse), but you can bet Stoner without injury would have fininished higher than Pedrosa.

I'm not saying Pedrosa hasn't got talent to win a championship, but he has been too long on the best team, and has made too many mistakes under pressure (and sadly too many injuries as well).

Budget and resources do not equal a winning machine, just ask Toyota in their F1 days. Facts are that Honda only started to become competitive enough when they poached some key people from Yamaha in 2010.

2006, Dani's rookie year? Didn't Dani beat Nicky in 2007 and 2008? And 2011, a year where he got injured once again? I still think Stoner would've won the championship had Dani not been injured last year, but come on now, this is Casey Stoner we're talking about, I don't think being beaten by Stoner is anything to be criticized about.

The best bike was the Honda? Why confuse 2011 with 2012? Both Honda riders were beaten by the Yamaha rider this year, all three of them being 'aliens'.

How you have forgotten the days when the only manufacturers spoken about were Yamaha and Ducati. The period between 2007 to the middle of 2010 were dreadful for Honda, Dani should not be blamed for that.

#1948 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:40

All hail King George! :kiss:

Shame about the seagull though, I was gutted. Noticed that on the following lap another gull flew down and was "having a word" with him as the bikes came round. Wonder what he said?

Good day for our Aussie friends a Sunday afternoon tootle in the park for Casey and great rides from Arthur and Ant, but well done to Cal for rescuing a bit of British pride.

And Realyn, there's an unwritten rule on bike racing forums that you don't wish riders to crash, you have to expect stick for saying stuff like "I really hoped someone would crash him out of this and the following race". It's not on really. There are plenty of other misfortunes that can beset a rider without wishing that on him.

#1949 PokePoke

PokePoke

• 143 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:44

Comments suggest Alstare or ParkinGO might become the new Duc factory team.

In an other place I read some speculations about a Checa-Guintoli pairing maybe with a full factory team with Tardozzi.

Bata has always been faithful Suzuki, even after 2011. His team will return only as a factory Suzuki team or never.
ParkinGO is too small team to develop Panigale SBk program.

------

Stoner was in his own league in today's race. Rossi may have more titles, but in terms of pure speed on the track - Stoner is and will be like the standart of kilogram in Serves.

Edited by PokePoke, 28 October 2012 - 17:58.

#1950 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:14

I don't mind singing the same tune, even though Stoner's doubters may never open their eyes, so I thought I'd post this link. :up:

http://www.motomatte...est_frustr.html

When Jorge says Stoner is the most talented rider he's ever seen, he means it. When Spies tweets that Stoner does things none of us can, he means it. When Rossi says, in his own words, that he can't understand how Stoner did it, he means it.

Some interesting notes:

- Repeatedly amongst the best starters (even) in his rookie season, with launch control switched off.
- Widely known (now, anyway) that he uses the least electronics on the grid.
- (Widely?) known that he uses telemetry sparingly when setting up his bike.
- Dominant on the bucking '07 ducati with the less rideable (though more powerful) screamer engine.
- repeatedly jumps on the bike halfway through practice or qualifying, and jumps to the top of charts on his first timed lap.
- Damn near 4 times as many race victiories as podiums achieved by his Ducati team mates(!).

Hope the doubters will eventually reconcile the conflict between their thoughts/biases and their eyes! This guys clearly has a feel for, and connection with his bike that nobody else has.

Even if I'm one of 3 people who will miss Stoner, Stoner will be sorely missed. Pure, pure Genius! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Regards.