Photo

Felipe Massa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JACoz

JACoz

• 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:45

Firstly can I say I love your Website, I have been a fan for over 20 years (including the magazine of course) and was lucky enough to
attend Autsport International on a trip to the UK last year, which was a dream come true.

However there is one thing I am finding extremely annoying about your site in recent months and it is this:

Could you possibly get through 1 single day without posting a story about Felipe Massa possibly getting booted out of Ferrari.
It seems that no matter how many questions he or anyone from his team gets asked, or how many times they answer questions about this subject,
you still seem totally obssessed with the idea of him being kicked out.

I'm not a huge fan of Massa, but I'm finding this constant hounding really annoying, almost 'tabloidish'.
I can only hope that he doesn't read Autosport as I would imagine it would kill his self-confidence.

Although, maybe that's the idea? As anyone knows the motorsport media is obssessed with who will drive for Ferrari next.
As soon as any driver begins to do well, the press get into a frenzy and it seems it's only a matter of time before he signs for them.

Yes Massa has struggled, but the signs are he is back to his competitive self. Lets not forget he was seconds away from being a World Champion.

Give the guy a break, PLEASE!

Advertisement

#2 JForce

JForce

• 13,847 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:03

I think it's a relatively unique situation at the moment.

He is amongst the worst (if not THE worst) performing teammates in the sport - against the guy LEADING the championship - he's obviously ruining Ferrari's chance at the Constructors title - and his contract is up at the end of the year, and he holds a seat at FERRARI.

That's news my friend - it's precisely because of the responses from Massa and Ferrari in the face of such overwhelming evidence of his complete lack of form that there's a "buzz" around the situation.

I say this as a devout Tifoso by the way, and I like and support Massa as one of our drivers - but the fact is he needs to go, so talking about who comes in next, or whether he even lasts the season IS NEWS.

#3 JACoz

JACoz

• 43 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 22:54

I think it's a relatively unique situation at the moment.

He is amongst the worst (if not THE worst) performing teammates in the sport - against the guy LEADING the championship - he's obviously ruining Ferrari's chance at the Constructors title - and his contract is up at the end of the year, and he holds a seat at FERRARI.

That's news my friend - it's precisely because of the responses from Massa and Ferrari in the face of such overwhelming evidence of his complete lack of form that there's a "buzz" around the situation.

I say this as a devout Tifoso by the way, and I like and support Massa as one of our drivers - but the fact is he needs to go, so talking about who comes in next, or whether he even lasts the season IS NEWS.

Of course it's news, but it seems like the worst kind of news reporting. Jenson and Raikkonen to Ferrari as well? Really?
I can guarantee you that as soon as Massa signs an extension, or is replaced by another driver, the tired old 'who's going to drive for Ferrari next' rumour mill will grind in to action again within weeks.