Photo

Helmut Marko - Jealousy Fuels Red Bull Controversies

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 scandyman

scandyman

• 136 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 22:08

Red Bull's Helmut Marko says the team is simply "more creative" than its rivals...

That's what he said and I agree. Redbull is bending the rules but so far they have not done anything illegal.

I also tried to make a poll for this but maybe next morning...

Edited by scandyman, 01 August 2012 - 22:12.

Advertisement

#2 rossbrawn

rossbrawn

• 310 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 22:15

I agree with him. Every single other team would do the same, if they had knowledge of the various loopholes Red Bull found.

However, he is highly hypocritical: I remember Horner and co. getting their knickers in a twist crying foul play over the DDRS.

Edited by rossbrawn, 01 August 2012 - 22:16.

#3 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:09

Double drs, double diffuser, mercedes
Engines...

#4 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,915 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:17

Not just to criticize but rather for practical reasons: maybe we should make just one Helmut Marko thread instead of making a new thread every time he opens his mouth :D

#5 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,441 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 23:20

Whaha, that would fit the man pretty well. One Epic Quotes thread.

#6 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 1,273 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:12

When a car infringes the technical regs, it isn't bending the rules, it is flat out breaking them.

#7 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:23

When a car infringes the technical regs, it isn't bending the rules, it is flat out breaking them.

exactly... there for helmut is speaking the truth. :p

#8 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:49

The headline of linked article is also little creative in interjecting juice into what later is revealed actually different context. Jealousy in paddock exists because we are non-traditional successful team (and others are not). Well, he did not have to say that, or article did not have to be written, other teams will take probably offense at that, but summer break is long...
I am not sure if regulatory inquiries are necessarily based on jealousy only. It is a competitive sport, and it would be unacceptable if teams have not done their due diligence and hold everyone to rules of the game. It’s quite rational behavior, well thought out, because if you p***s FiA off with baseless whining over frivolous claims, you might have your name in headlines with penalty attached.