Photo

Walter Wolf at BCHMR

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TEJ

TEJ

• 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 00:26

Walter Wolf attended the British Columbia Historic Motor Races at Mission (near Vancouver) this past weekend.
Walyer brought his two sons who enjoyed riding in various super cars in a fundraising promotion for a local charity.
The event went well despite blistering heat.

Advertisement

#2 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 599 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 00:36

Walter Wolf attended the British Columbia Historic Motor Races at Mission (near Vancouver) this past weekend.
Walyer brought his two sons who enjoyed riding in various super cars in a fundraising promotion for a local charity.
The event went well despite blistering heat.

When and where was he? I never heard his name even mentioned. Not like last year with Bill sadler. And Mike TAte didn't get a go at him at the dinner!

#3 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:11

Robin, you must have been asleep! Walter talked on the pa twice and my fellow announcer Mike Tate did a brilliant interview with him in which Wolf talked about his relationships with Jody Schekter and James Hunt-stuff that you will not read in a book. He related how he would have liked to have taken on Gilles Velleneuve but was talked out of it... I shook hands with him but since I was in the middle of commentating a race that was all!
You must have been too busy checking times...

#4 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:23

Wolf came up to the tower at the designated time for an interview on Sunday, but, unfortunately, the races ran late in the morning, so there was still one race to go...so workers wouldn't have heard him. He was at the track on Saturday, and I did a brief interview with him in the paddock between races. We thought he would be coming for the Saturday night banquet, but he didn't appear for that.

Posted Image

Walter Wolf, left, with Mike Tate...brilliant interview as David says.

Posted Image

From l to r, Wolf, one of his sons, Nigel Matthews, and Steve Clark. Nigel was instrumental in getting Wolf to come. Nigel will be judging the Cars of the Maharajas at Pebble Beach. Steve, from Victoria, BC, has a very nice collection of cars, and was racing his Elva Courier. He is good friends with Teddy Yip, Jr., who lives in Victoria, and Teddy, Jr's mom. Lots of Teddy Yip stories from Wolf and Clark.

Posted Image

Friday - on the left, part Bugatti 35B/part Pur Sang, on the right, Shane Davis' HRG. That is Shane on the left. Shane's HRG is Bugatti blue, the Bugatti is not.

Vince H.

#5 hipperson

hipperson

• 623 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:47

Vince H...nice snaps there.

I have sent them on to Jody.....having spent quite a bit of time with him recently, including a charity evening I organised at the BRDC, he spoke fondly of the Walter Wolf Team

Photo credit : Luc Ghys

Posted Image

He has the WR1 in his fabulous private collection

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jody getting to grips with my daughter and Alan Henry's daughter ( blonde) in April.
On the charity night jody was VERY generous supporting Little Havens Children's Hospice

Posted Image

Edited by hipperson, 07 August 2012 - 13:00.

#6 oldtransamdriver

oldtransamdriver

• 228 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 14:37

I was unable to attend the BCHMR races at the Mission road course on Saturday, but I did note that on Sunday Walter spent considerable time hanging out at "Geezer Central" in the paddock, aka Tom Johnston Racng. Tom will be taking his first Atlantic car to Monterey soon as there will be a special 1974-1980 Atlantic race group.

I did see Jody win the F1 GP at Mosport in 77 in the Wolf.

Robert Barg

#7 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:36

Some race footage from Mark Brown in his 1969 Lotus 7 S3. Mark's bio says "Sports car racing since 1990 throughout the UK with the 750 MC and HSCC....since 2000 in BC..."

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Vince H.