Dave Kirby F2 IoM Honda

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisTyler

ChrisTyler

• 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:06

Hi

My project bikes were being looked after by a friend who decided to set fire to his Commando in the garage
He told me that my bikes had a "bit of smoke damage" :)
Anyway, I know have space I need to get started.
This has all got a move on as my son brought a Yoshimura 460 project for the road. Lots of work to do there so!
We have nicked the engine,forks brakes to get the Kirby going.
If you can help identify the team/rider who's paint job is shown in the photos of my "smoke damaged tank" I would love to know.
I need to see if I can clean up the frame with cutting compound as the sticky gunk takes some moving.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Chris

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:58

Blimey!! the colours remind me of those raced under the chap ? Beale, his first name escapes me? A chemist owner or something? Roger Marshall rode for him among many others.

Good luck with the build. :up:

#3 knickerbrook

knickerbrook

• 1,231 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:58

You are thinking of George Beale Graham. Not sure if its his colours (yes yellow) - Roger Nicholls and Steve Tonkin were his main runners as I recall.

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 17:10

Thats him Barry, George Beale. :wave:

#5 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 19:41

Didnt Granby motors also run a similar colour scheme at one time?

#6 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 19:47

Graeme McGregor on Granby's Honda, Graeme also rode for George Beale so this was probably a joint effort with Granby Motors in George's colours.

Posted Image

Edited by Paul Collins, 09 August 2012 - 19:49.

#7 ChrisTyler

ChrisTyler

• 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 17:25

Hi
A photo of the bike as purchased. Dave thought it was purchased from him by a TT marshall.
Albert E Moule
Posted Image

Chris

#8 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:46

[quote name='ChrisTyler' date='Aug 13 2012, 18:25' post='5871922']
Hi
A photo of the bike as purchased. Dave thought it was purchased from him by a TT marshall.
Albert E Moule

Yes , Albert Moule , there's a name , raced in the TT and MGP until age prevented him , IIRC , then became a travelling marshall :up:

#9 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 16:38

Yes , Albert Moule , there's a name , raced in the TT and MGP until age prevented him , IIRC , then became a travelling marshall :up:
[/quote]

Albert Moule he was old when I was young and I'm old now.

Through Albert I purchased an absolute shed load of ex-Herman Mieir works Ariel Arrow parts (unmachined crankcases, expansion chambers, gearboxes etc etc) from Pat Walsh from Brummigham for the princely sum of £10 in 1969 or 1970 to go with the ex-works Mike O'Rourke rear wheel I already had in my Arrow racer.

What an oppotunity missed for the failing British bike industry which decided the future was with the Ariel 3 and Pixie (cretins) :confused:

#10 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 18:02

Albert Moule he was old when I was young and I'm old now.

Through Albert I purchased an absolute shed load of ex-Herman Mieir works Ariel Arrow parts (unmachined crankcases, expansion chambers, gearboxes etc etc) from Pat Walsh from Brummigham for the princely sum of £10 in 1969 or 1970 to go with the ex-works Mike O'Rourke rear wheel I already had in my Arrow racer.

What an oppotunity missed for the failing British bike industry which decided the future was with the Ariel 3 and Pixie (cretins) :confused:

Tom Loughridge is the man to speak to re Albert and, indeed, Pat Walsh.

#11 ChrisTyler

ChrisTyler

• 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:30

Hi

Found the previous riders name on the fairing.
Anyone remember Tim Wright?
Thanks Chris

Edited by ChrisTyler, 16 August 2012 - 07:30.