Photo

Does a list of CART chassis numbers exist?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 12,909 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:44

A qusetion to (likely) primarilly US members and CART fans in particular.

have there been publications in the past, like Indycar magazine or perhaps other sourses that are still around and/or avaialble, approachable where you can find back the registration of chassis numbers used during the races of the season?

The seasons I am looking for are 1988 til 1991. I don't need every one of them, neither of all teams those seasons.
Indianapolis is fairly well covered thanks to the Hungness yerbooks. But finding details about the other races ...

Thanks in advance

greetings,

Henri Greuter

Advertisement

#2 Nigel Beresford

Nigel Beresford

• 1,091 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:11

As you may recall Henri, you and I have spoken about this before. I remember that the US based English journalist Jeremy Shaw always used to stop at the Penske truck to make a note of the chassis we were using. Perhaps he would be a good starting point.

Obviously I can help you out in relation to Penske, but Jeremy is the only person I can think of who might be able to help out with regard to other teams.

http://twitter.com/JeremyShawRacer

Edited by Nigel Beresford, 14 August 2012 - 12:14.

#3 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 12,909 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 14:44

As you may recall Henri, you and I have spoken about this before. I remember that the US based English journalist Jeremy Shaw always used to stop at the Penske truck to make a note of the chassis we were using. Perhaps he would be a good starting point.

Obviously I can help you out in relation to Penske, but Jeremy is the only person I can think of who might be able to help out with regard to other teams.

http://twitter.com/JeremyShawRacer

Come to think of it, now I remember again.
Thanks for reminding me again

henri