Photo

Grazie mille Enzo, RIP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NJB13

NJB13

• 157 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:49

It was 24 years ago today that Enzo Ferrari passed away. An accomplished GP driver, and creator of successful 4 and 2 wheel motor racing teams, Enzo Ferrari made a great contribution to the sport we all love. Life wasn't that kind to him and threw him many challenges from a very early age, yet he still created some things of great beauty and inspiration. Grazie Enzo, RIP.

In memory of Enzo Ferrari

Maranello, 14 August –Twenty four years to the day have passed since his death, but the memory of Enzo Ferrari still lives on in the hearts and minds of those who love Ferrari. In the name of all who work here, as well as the owners and fans of the Maranello marque, we want to spare a thought for the man who created our company.
Posted Image
“We should remember the example set by our Founder, first and foremost for the youngest people,” Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo told http://www.ferrari.com. “Enzo Ferrari was always able to look ahead, even in the most difficult situations. He realised his dream, pursuing it with determination and extraordinary passion, qualities that today are imbued in the men and women who work in the company that bears his name. I am sure he would be proud of those who represent Ferrari in the twenty first century, a major force in industry and motor racing which produces dream cars and is still at the pinnacle of motor sport, bringing joy to millions of fans of the marque, in all four corners of the world.”

Anyone wishing to express their own thoughts on the Founder can send a message (in English or Italian) to press.office@ferrari.com: in the next few days we will publish the most compelling of them on formula1.ferrari.com

Edited by NJB13, 14 August 2012 - 12:54.

Advertisement

#2 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 18:10

It was 24 years ago today that Enzo Ferrari passed away. An accomplished GP driver, and creator of successful 4 and 2 wheel motor racing teams, Enzo Ferrari made a great contribution to the sport we all love. Life wasn't that kind to him and threw him many challenges from a very early age, yet he still created some things of great beauty and inspiration. Grazie Enzo, RIP.

Maranello, 14 August –Twenty four years to the day have passed since his death, but the memory of Enzo Ferrari still lives on in the hearts and minds of those who love Ferrari. In the name of all who work here, as well as the owners and fans of the Maranello marque, we want to spare a thought for the man who created our company.
Posted Image
“We should remember the example set by our Founder, first and foremost for the youngest people,” Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo told http://www.ferrari.com. “Enzo Ferrari was always able to look ahead, even in the most difficult situations. He realised his dream, pursuing it with determination and extraordinary passion, qualities that today are imbued in the men and women who work in the company that bears his name. I am sure he would be proud of those who represent Ferrari in the twenty first century, a major force in industry and motor racing which produces dream cars and is still at the pinnacle of motor sport, bringing joy to millions of fans of the marque, in all four corners of the world.”

Anyone wishing to express their own thoughts on the Founder can send a message (in English or Italian) to press.office@ferrari.com: in the next few days we will publish the most compelling of them on formula1.ferrari.com

E. Ferrari is, like F. Porsche, the man of accomplishment. Many others like them are men of history, as automobil changed us greatly. Great automobil has also divided us along economical lines, but I hope not always for bad, as many espired to greater things, and some even suceeded. Thanks for that.

Edited by Sakae, 14 August 2012 - 20:06.

#3 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,345 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 22:03

Ah good remembrance. How the time passes fast. I still remember being in holidays with my parents and brothers and seeing just shortly after the magic double victory in Monza 1988.

#4 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 6,287 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:15

Ah good remembrance. How the time passes fast. I still remember being in holidays with my parents and brothers and seeing just shortly after the magic double victory in Monza 1988.

Yes, I remember this too, although I wasn't on vacation with my folks. It was like Monza was some kind of send off for the grand old man. What a career he had.. truly remarkable.

#5 DrProzac

DrProzac

• 2,405 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:50

RIP enzo.

#6 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,901 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:05

RIP indeed, can't imagine motorsports (F1) and high end sports cars without his company.