Photo

2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying

• Please log in to reply
467 replies to this topic

#451 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 20:57

Button was supreme with the perfectly balanced car today, but I think he could suffer a bit more than those around him when the race fuel load is added..

It's hard to say who will have the best car in race trim, I think we could be in for plenty of surprise tomorrow.

Advertisement

#452 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,453 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 20:59

With Alonso, Grosjean, Lewis and Hamilton fighting for the same tarmac I hope we won't see a repeat of Spa 2009 in turn 6.

There will be blood :cry:

Woah? I haven't watched F1 this weekend, but still! :p

Edited by Myrvold, 01 September 2012 - 20:59.

#453 discover23

discover23

• 2,572 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:00

I forsee Alonso fighting with Perez and Kimi at the start as opposed to with the drivers that are starting behind him.

Edited by discover23, 01 September 2012 - 21:01.

#454 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,592 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:00

he said yoku dekimashita which is correct actually, meaning well done, but funny in any formal situation like that, as you say that mainly to children when praising them. If u say that to adults it's either teasing or insult.

I dont know how exactly to translate that to english sentence. in english mostly u say same sentence regardless of who where when, but say differently according to situation, so.

Sort of like "Okaeri!" or somethething similar? In (British) English you would probably just say"well done" but if you were talking to a child you'd use a different tone of voice, which would be horribly rude if you used it on an adult.

#455 Menace

Menace

• 11,988 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:09

+1

How does Kimi get away without a penalty for putting all 4 wheels off track?

If you bothered to read the stewards decision you probably wouldn't be asking something so obvious. :lol:

#456 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 2,862 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:11

With Alonso, Grosjean, Lewis and Hamilton fighting for the same tarmac I hope we won't see a repeat of Spa 2009 in turn 6.

He's so fast that his shadow looks like a whole other car--it's Lewis Hamilton! :p

#457 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:15

Ted's Notebook: Qualifying https://www.youtube....p;feature=g-u-u

Umm when did Ted grow boobs?

#458 f1rookie

f1rookie

• 254 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 21:54

Accidently, I was made a mistake yesterday, wrong thread topic. But now I’m happy all F1 fans make this right way and also Admin suggested that create a new topic for race.

This is Formula 1, everybody did mistakes. Particularly today McLaren made a mistake with Hamilton (old rear wing sticking).

#459 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,820 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 23:13

Sort of like "Okaeri!" or somethething similar? In (British) English you would probably just say"well done" but if you were talking to a child you'd use a different tone of voice, which would be horribly rude if you used it on an adult.

okaeri (literally means return or returning, and you say that to someone who just returned here from somewhere else) is fine, u can say to anyone in/with casual and friendly situation and relationship. Mostly used at home among families, anyone can say to anyone. also u say between friends and colleagues in any situation where someone just came back here, as well as some public situations eg an interviewer to athletes/actors/etc.

when imagine teaching some japanese sentences, "yoku dekimashita" is a phrase thats one of the least priority for me, so makes me wonder. Maybe he instantly checked EN-JP online dic, that's probable :p

Advertisement

#460 Rentta

Rentta

• 285 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 00:12

??

Is this better
?

#461 Satchel

Satchel

• 10 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 00:26

A profound post indeed.

#462 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:03

Pretty disappointed with this quali to be hounest.
The operating window is a fine line to walk on and makes all the difference.
I mean come on, Kamui en Pastor faster than the Bull's and the Lotus's, Ferrari's and a McLaren? (Merc even)
This has got little to do with driving ability or engineering...

Enjoy the show, cause that's what it is...):

People keep fooling themselves thinking tires are that determinant.

Sauber is one hell of a car, and that's it.

Don't be bitter just because their engineering is better than almost all teams in F1, if you consider their low budget

This year, a Suaber is a second faster than a Red Bull in quali, while the Red Bull was a second faster than the Sauber a couple of races back.
You can't putt that down to engineering, it must be the tires...

That is down to Spa layout being completely different to Hungaroring's

Sauber have good downforce and low drag, but poor mech grip and traction.
Red Bull have good downforce but only when they are with some considerable drag on it, great traction and mech grip

The difference is not the tires but the characteristics of each car

Edited by BetaVersion, 02 September 2012 - 01:11.

#463 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,239 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:10

This year, a Suaber is a second faster than a Red Bull in quali, while the Red Bull was a second faster than the Sauber a couple of races back.
You can't putt that down to engineering, it must be the tires...

Why not? :down:

Vettel drove as fast as he could and he was slow. It's quite possible he was never that good after all.;)

The problem with definite comparisons is that sometimes Grosjean will handily beat Raikkonen in qualifying, sometimes even Button will handily beat Hamilton, sometimes Potsie Webber will handily beat Fingerboy Vettel, heck a few times Massa even beat the mighty Schumacher in qualifying back in '06 !!!

You can't claim that A is soooo much better than B and always will be... and if it's not the case it's because of Pirreli because these folks are so special and they never drive crap, and the others, of course, never ever drive well. C'mon it's silliness in the extreme. :rolleyes:

#464 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,463 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:10

With Alonso, Grosjean, Maldonado and Hamilton fighting for the same tarmac I hope we won't see a repeat of Spa 2009 in turn 6.

I most definitely have this 2009 feeling with me with the awkward grid and strong cars/driver pairs having to charge and go up the order. I hope Lewis doesn't get the bad end of it now.

#465 as65p

as65p

• 16,624 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:30

Ted's Notebook: Qualifying https://www.youtube....p;feature=g-u-u

he really is one annoying motormouth.

#466 August

August

• 1,961 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:03

Has there ever been 3-spot penalties, isn't it usually 5 or 10? I'm a bit suspicious if Ferrari International Assistance gave 3-spot penalty for Maldo to get one driver between Fred and Webbo/Lewis.

#467 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 10,819 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:32

Has there ever been 3-spot penalties, isn't it usually 5 or 10?

Lewis Hamilton and Sergio Perez got a 3 spot penalty in India last year.

#468 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,463 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:10

I most definitely have this 2009 feeling with me with the awkward grid and strong cars/driver pairs having to charge and go up the order. I hope Lewis doesn't get the bad end of it now.

What did I say?