Hamilton says Button had unfair advantage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#1 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:26

Lewis Hamilton @LewisHamilton
Damn, WTF!! Jenson has the new rear wing on, I have the old. We voted to change, didn't work out. I lose 0.4 tenths just on the straight.

http://twitter.com/LewisHamilton

Advertisement

#2 Trust

Trust

• 5,156 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:28

Do you troll?

#3 Formula

Formula

• 60 posts

Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton
Ps. Can't change the car once qualifying starts. I hope @JensonButton brings home maximum points. I'll try & support him

#4 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Damn, WTF!! Jenson has the new rear wing on, I have the old. We voted to change, didn't work out. I lose 0.4 tenths just on the straight.

No he didn't, he said he chose to run with the older wing. Also said it during a BBC interview, so it's not an unfair advantage as Lewis made a decision to run with the older wing.

#5 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:29

He said on BBC that after FP3 they opted to use old rear wing but it did come out very slow.

#6 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:30

Sore loser then, Lewis.

It is finally at the liberty of the driver to chose the set-up he deems best. But while we see Lewis going the "team route" most of the time, Jenson has some lateral thinking at his disposal and bests Lewis in unusual situations, even though Lewis is the faster driver.

So Lewis has only himself to blame and should do some deep thinking.

#7 robefc

robefc

• 13,534 posts

Pathetic thread

#8 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

It's clear that Lewis will b handicapped tomorrow. The rain on friday meant that the team lost opportunity to test both setups and make a more data objective call.

No need for a sensationalist thread title.

Edited by F1ultimate, 01 September 2012 - 13:30.

#9 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:31

Pathetic thread

+1

#10 whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt

• 356 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:32

Do you work for a tabloid, tarmac? Tsk.

#11 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,823 posts

Lewis couldn't handle the fact that Jenson was on pole so he resorts to Twitter to make sure everyone knows that he had the old wing because those TV interviews didn't tell us. Well, Lewis did say that he felt that the rear wing wasn't feeling too good on the BBC.

#12 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Sore loser then, Lewis.

It is finally at the liberty of the driver to chose the set-up he deems best. But while we see Lewis going the "team route" most of the time, Jenson has some lateral thinking at his disposal and bests Lewis in unusual situations, even though Lewis is the faster driver.

Jesus your response is as bad as the op, you've made several idiotic statements about the setup abilities of JB and LH recently as well. Use your bloody head both of you, Lewis DID NOT suggest JB was favoured, not at all!

#13 Moore

Moore

• 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:33

Sore loser then, Lewis.

You're out in full force today aren't you? Care to re-iterate the same point for the 4th time?

#14 xAtarigeekx

xAtarigeekx

• 576 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:34

This is the worst thread in history. Baseless claim backed up with a tweet where you are twisting his words.

#15 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:35

Lewis couldn't handle the fact that Jenson was on pole so he resorts to Twitter to make sure everyone knows that he had the old wing because those TV interviews didn't tell us. Well, Lewis did say that he felt that the rear wing wasn't feeling too good on the BBC.

More likely he was explaining why he was slow today, like every racing driver would in his position. Especially when asked "What made the difference between you and your teammate today, Lewis?".

#16 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:36

That's really Hamilton's verified twitter account? LMAO it reads more like a parody account.
When did he turn into Ali G? That pic! :rotfl:

#17 moorsey

moorsey

• 653 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:36

Strange then that I watched him say exactly that on a TV interview. He admitted that he had opted for the old wing but that the new one was working for Jenson and that he hoped that Jenson would score a maximum.
How corrupted can you make a post ffs.

#18 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:37

When Lewis wins it's he who wins.

When Lewis loses he is quick to point out the team.

Kinda like Murray: When he loses he is a Scot, and when he wins he is a Brit.

Lewis, drive what you've got and do all the talking on the track.

That and watch out for Maldonado.

#19 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:40

Lewis hasn't blamed anyone. The tweet is just Lewis being himself, venting hs annoyance. But it isn't directed at anyone.

Advertisement

#20 Lazy

Lazy

• 6,729 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:40

Bit unfair, I think Jenson (or any driver) would have done the same.

#21 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:41

Strange then that I watched him say exactly that on a TV interview. He admitted that he had opted for the old wing but that the new one was working for Jenson and that he hoped that Jenson would score a maximum.
How corrupted can you make a post ffs.

So then Lewis' twitter account seems to have been highjacked? Dangerous medium that is, twitter. Lewis just tweets his disappointment while he handles his disappointment well in the TV interviews..

#22 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

READ THE ****ing THREAD!!!! He didn't blame the team, you seriously need to read things BEFORE you post your idiotic comments. I can't handle the stupidity/ignorance of some people on here.

#23 Coral

Coral

• 6,786 posts

You know fine well that was not the case. Why must you insist on always having a go at Lewis?

#24 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:42

So then Lewis' twitter account seems to have been highjacked? Dangerous medium that is, twitter. Lewis just tweets his disappointment while he handles his disappointment well in the TV interviews..

What does this even mean?

#25 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:46

So what Hamilton is saying is that Button was able to make the new rear wing work and he did not.

Button's unfair advantage is being better at setting up his car then...

#26 Moore

Moore

• 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:46

How's about you click the twitter link and read his other tweets.... He vented his annoyance in one tweet and congratulates Jenson and hopes he can score maximum points in a tweet ~2mins later, but please lets not cloud your judgement with these other tweets... :rolleyes:

#27 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:50

How's about you click the twitter link and read his other tweets.... He vented his annoyance in one tweet and congratulates Jenson and hopes he can score maximum points in a tweet ~2mins later, but please lets not cloud your judgement with these other tweets... :rolleyes:

Yes, that's nice that he makes up for his initial disappointment with his further tweets. And he has handled himself well in the TV interviews. Just goes to show what a dangerous medium twitter can be - one "wrong" tweet can go a long way...

#28 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:52

Lewis hasn't blamed anyone. The tweet is just Lewis being himself, venting hs annoyance. But it isn't directed at anyone.

Oh, I disagree. Venting is one thing. Hamilton usually vents with very specific individuals within his gumbah circle of trust. What he is doing is using social media to kinda, sorta, "unintentionally" blame the team for his poor qualifying.

It's not what he says that annoys the heck out of me, it's what usually comes out of his mouth first and then the usual "but I mean it in a good way!".

He knows his fan base, many of whom are British media people, respond to what he says and do their job of spreading his discontent all the time. So when he said that Button was using the new wing and he wasn't followed by the compulsory "I wish him the best"... when translated to reptilian (real meaning behind the comment) he is really trying to say:"McLaren gave the new wing to Button even though I told them no! I wanted the new wing too but they want Jenson to win!".

#29 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

LOL at this thread ,seems to me the knives are out for Lewis again,people cant help themselves when they see Lewis struggle. Everyone starts having an orgasm over buttons lap and people suggest Lewis cant setup his car etc blah blah blah . Button was on it since this morning no doubt it was a brilliant lap but i see a few of his fans are getting payback because of the grief they had to put up with during JB's off period.

#30 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

You're out in full force today aren't you? Care to re-iterate the same point for the 4th time?

Moore, I simply didn't get a response on that point yet - care to clarify your position on the issue? That is what the BB is there for - a civilized exchange of opinions.

#31 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:57

I can't handle the stupidity/ignorance of some people on here.

Gee, you ought to read what came before the quote then.

#32 Showty

Showty

• 2,184 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:57

Very unfortunate comments.

He has the new wing i don´t bla bla bla, should be easy for him to win bla bla bla.

No, it won´t be easy for him to win, and yes, he did a great job today setting the car up, u didn´t, get over it and stop crying.

#33 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:58

Pathetic thread

Pathetic response. You are acting like he is not pissed by this.

He got advised to run this Wing by the team and its engineers when its clearly inferior. Now he "learns" its so much slower

Edited by tarmac, 01 September 2012 - 14:00.

#34 robefc

robefc

• 13,534 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 13:59

Pathetic response. He got advised to run this Wing by the team and its engineers

So point me to the part where he says jenson had an unfair advantage?

#35 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:00

The trolls are again out in force. It was a slow year.

#36 Kerch

Kerch

• 1,224 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:02

So what Hamilton is saying is that Button was able to make the new rear wing work and he did not.

Button's unfair advantage is being better at setting up his car then...

The words "unfair advantage" are a fabrication by the OP.

#37 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:03

What the **** I thought somebody had made a parody account. That ****'s for real? I don't want to live on this planet anymore... :(

#38 SennaJordan

SennaJordan

• 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:04

Hamilton's words are being twisted by some, which shouldn't come as a surprise. But I'm baffled that the mods are leaving the thread open, when its intent is clear.

#39 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

What the **** I thought somebody had made a parody account. That ****'s for real? I don't want to live on this planet anymore... :(

You're a sensitive soul aren't you...

Advertisement

#40 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,823 posts

You know fine well that was not the case. Why must you insist on always having a go at Lewis?

I was being sarcastic, Coral. :wave: I take no delight in Lewis's problems. Lewis is going out of his way to make sure everyone knows why he wasn't quick. Kinda lame. Eat it up and concentrate on the race. Anything could happen.

#41 xAtarigeekx

xAtarigeekx

• 576 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:05

Please do us all a favour then

#42 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:06

Seriously some people! Hamilton never once blamed the team or said 'unfair advantage', and he even accepted he made the decision to run the old wing. Things are being made up to fit a certain 'pro Button' agenda, it's as if evidence and logic count for nothing around here.

#43 OO7

OO7

• 23,407 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:08

The way I read the tweet was, 'Damn, WTF!!' equals 'what a poor session I just had'. The second part was simply an explanation of what went wrong. Nothing to see here everyone, move along.

#44 Coral

Coral

• 6,786 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:09

LOL at this thread ,seems to me the knives are out for Lewis again,people cant help themselves when they see Lewis struggle. Everyone starts having an orgasm over buttons lap and people suggest Lewis cant setup his car etc blah blah blah . Button was on it since this morning no doubt it was a brilliant lap but i see a few of his fans are getting payback because of the grief they had to put up with during JB's off period.

Have you noticed that when Lewis does well and Jenson struggles, this place is a lovely and pleasant place to be, with most people sympathetic towards Jenson. But when Jenson does well and Lewis struggles, the bandwagon-jumpers and gloaters are out in force, ready to stick the knife into Lewis. I can't understand why Lewis is disliked so much... he has had a really tough week with a family bereavement just a few days ago yet he gets no sympathy whatsoever. It is very sad. :(

When/if Jenson wins tomorrow, do you think he will shout "Welcome to 2011" on crossing the line? Because that's what it feels like. :|

#45 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:10

That's really Hamilton's verified twitter account? LMAO it reads more like a parody account.
When did he turn into Ali G? That pic! :rotfl:

This. I read some of the tweets in another thread and chuckled at what I thought were tweets from another hilarious parody account :cry:

#46 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:10

It's not what he says that annoys the heck out of me, it's what usually comes out of his mouth first and then the usual "but I mean it in a good way!".

Which is a very good analysis of the pattern Lewis follows. We have seen that a number of times.

#47 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:12

Please do us all a favour then

People actually defending this stuff.

#48 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,567 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:13

I thought it was parody too :)
So when will he grow up?

Edited by FenderJaguar, 01 September 2012 - 14:14.

#49 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,037 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:14

People actually defending this stuff.

Nope, people just suggesting you had a complete overreaction to what you saw. Hamilton's twitter account made you 'not want to live in this world any longer'? You have to see how ridiculous you sound there?

#50 Lemans

Lemans

• 2,739 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 14:14

First the Whitmarsh conspiracy idiots and now this thread. Wow.