Photo

Mind Games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vicente14

Vicente14

• 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:47

We may be heading towards the end of a A+ season, with one the closest fight for the championship formula 1 has ever seen. There are several drivers, the first 5 in the standings, with a real change to claim the title and even Button has a outside shot after his win in Spa today.

The smallest things can (and maybe will) decide where the title is heading to this season. One of this ''small things'' is psychological mind games. I dont know about you guys, but i couldn't stop thinking that Fernando's ''we are the slowest of the 4 top-teams'' claims where thrown in the paddock by him and Ferrari to put pressure on their title rivals. I think that was a 100% mind games claim, just to put pressure and trick them by unbalancing their psychological state.

By each race the psychological war will incraese. Out of the top 6 (Fernando, Sebastian, Mark, Lewis, Jenson & Kimi) who'd you reckon to be the strongest at playing mind games? Who'd you reckon to be the weakest? Who will start playing this type of games and Who would not be bothered to involve at all?

Advertisement

#2 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:50

Strongest: Alonso
Weakest: Hamilton or Vettel are imho the most likely to get impatient when things don't go their way
Least bothered: Räikkönen ("I couldn't care less what that man thinks" :lol:)

Edited by Jovanotti, 02 September 2012 - 16:52.

#3 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 16:53

Are we assuming Maldonado has a mind in the first place?

#4 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 17:18

We may be heading towards the end of a A+ season, with one the closest fight for the championship formula 1 has ever seen. There are several drivers, the first 5 in the standings, with a real change to claim the title and even Button has a outside shot after his win in Spa today.

The smallest things can (and maybe will) decide where the title is heading to this season. One of this ''small things'' is psychological mind games. I dont know about you guys, but i couldn't stop thinking that Fernando's ''we are the slowest of the 4 top-teams'' claims where thrown in the paddock by him and Ferrari to put pressure on their title rivals. I think that was a 100% mind games claim, just to put pressure and trick them by unbalancing their psychological state.

By each race the psychological war will incraese. Out of the top 6 (Fernando, Sebastian, Mark, Lewis, Jenson & Kimi) who'd you reckon to be the strongest at playing mind games? Who'd you reckon to be the weakest? Who will start playing this type of games and Who would not be bothered to involve at all?

Top politicians in F1:
- Webber
- Hamilton
Least affected by such talks:
- Sebastian
- Kimi

#5 Sexton

Sexton

• 76 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 18:23

Kimi takes the cake in this department because he couldn't care less.

#6 g1n

g1n

• 894 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 19:37

Kimi takes the cake in this department because he couldn't care less.

yes, it is amazing how distant he is from everything...

#7 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 19:39

Nobody actually took Alonso bait. Everyone whose seen the races can tell you that the Ferrari is really not that bad.