Photo

Ferrari F2012 - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4052 replies to this topic

#1851 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:03

The race pace is there, like Alonso said, on Sunday, the car is fast.

Advertisement

#1852 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:48

Ferrari is one hell of an incompetent team. They got a big pocket and are big updates every GP, as a result. Still, their car remains slower than Sauber

#1853 ByTheNile

ByTheNile

• 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:29

Redbull deserves to win , they are the best team in engeneering , strategy and driver line up and they totally deserve the WCC just as much as Alonso deserves the WDC '' in my openion''...sadly it doesnt always work this way.

#1854 natureboy

natureboy

• 76 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:05

Goodbye WDC.

#1855 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:06

If it wasn't already over it is now!

#1856 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:11

Kimi tagged him! So what is he going to say now? "I don't care"??

#1857 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,110 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:11

This is why qualifying is important...

The WDC is gone.

#1858 emby1999

emby1999

• 62 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:14

Yep. Thats what you get when the car is too slow to qualify at the front. Game over.

#1859 Motorbreath

Motorbreath

• 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:19

Yep, WDC looks like a dream now, pretty much impossible...

Advertisement

#1860 AlainProstX

AlainProstX

• 307 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:20

Im so sick of this F1 season. Red Bull broke the rules several times this year, never got a penalty.Vettel impedes Alonso, destroys his hopes of a good grid slot, gets no penalty. Now Alonso gets taken out because of his bad starting position and Mr. I dont care...

Alonso was magic this year, so sad to see him losing.

#1861 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:23

The optimist here will say we are still 4 points ahead.

#1862 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,037 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:25

Oh gawd, this is terrible for nando.

#1863 jey16

jey16

• 247 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:27

I guess this better then losing it at the last race

#1864 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:28

Am kinda relieved actually. The slow-burn lead loss was too painful. Really wish it would be someone other than Vettel because as 3xWDC he will be insufferable but whatever.

Miracles can still happen, but not when the car is 0.5s off the RB/Macca (depending on which one is on form)

#1865 muelte

muelte

• 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:29

I'm afraid even the optimists will have no arguments left after next race :(

WDC lead was obviously not due to car performance, but due to a combination of 'luck' with rivals retirements, rain and FA driving mastefully.

Now that lead has eventually gone, it's all about car performance, which is simply not enough right now. And that does include qualifying performance, we've seen twice (spa & today) how important it is.

#1866 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:30

Massa's pace is really strong which makes it even harder to stomach for Alonso!

#1867 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:34

Ferrari need to react, that's all. But can they do it?

#1868 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:35

The car is superb.

#1869 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:39

Ok guys, so no point crying over spilt milk. Kimi's fault or whatever - it doesn't matter cause Alonso is already out. Some good news: what Alonso said that on Sunday the Ferrari is as fast as any car looks to be true. Look at Massa! He started matching Vettel once he was in clear air.

And this is with a car that hasn't got some of the updates working, most notably the new rear wing. All is not lost. If Ferrari can solve their qualifying woes, the title is still doable. Red Bull themselves had qualifying issues mid-season so please don't tell me Ferrari can't do it. Now they finally realize their windtunnel is a POS then will not rely on that but the Toyota one. That can only be good news.

Cheer up boys!

Edit - then again, Vettel could be cruising. He just pulled a 38.4 out of nowhere - half a sec faster than Massa's quickest.

Edited by HPT, 07 October 2012 - 06:44.

#1870 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:44

I hope the doom and gloom lover will shut up. The quali pace is awful, but the race pace is very very good.

#1871 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:46

Kiss goodbye to the title, boys! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#1872 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:48

I hope the doom and gloom lover will shut up. The quali pace is awful, but the race pace is very very good.

Which is hopeless when Vettel has qualified in pole and is already 10s ahead when we get clear air!

#1873 whoisjohngalt

whoisjohngalt

• 343 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:50

Well that was quick but definitely not painless. :(

#1874 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:51

I really pity people like you who rejoice in others' misfortunes. It is really sad.

#1875 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:54

Don't worry it's far from over ;)

#1876 AlainProstX

AlainProstX

• 307 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:56

Edit - then again, Vettel could be cruising. He just pulled a 38.4 out of nowhere - half a sec faster than Massa's quickest.

Vettel is cruising...

#1877 muelte

muelte

• 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:56

F2012 is quite a few tenths behind RB8 in race pace and miles behind in qualy. Like it or not, but tittle is gone if RB doesn't have reliabilty problems or racing incidents. We had a point buffer but now it is gone and car is simply not up to RB's level

Edited by muelte, 07 October 2012 - 06:59.

#1878 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:00

We really need a miracle in findling those losess. 5 more to go.

#1879 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 985 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:04

What are they waiting to call Massa in?

Advertisement

#1880 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:14

FA's chat with Lee Mckenzie seemed borderline delusional... he's still talking about the championship lead

#1881 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 481 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:14

Fernando just said to a spanish TV commentator that Ferrari has not brought any new part in the last six races :eek:
He looked very disappointed, and too said it was all the same 4-point margin or 50, in these circumstances

Edited by XAXIXAX, 07 October 2012 - 07:19.

#1882 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,405 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:18

The car is superb.

8 tenths slower than Red Bull is superb? God

#1883 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:18

Fernando just said to a spanish TV commentator that Ferrari has not brought any new part in the last six races :eek:

Did he mean no new parts that worked? Cause I'm sure I've seen new RW, FW and heard about some small bits and pieces here and there. He himself said some of the updates worked while some didn't. Or was he towing the company line? After Monza he said there will be major push for updates every race. Something is not right.

#1884 muelte

muelte

• 521 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:20

That's no news, there have been a few bits and most of them were not raced... No surprise they are ditching the wind tunnel (which supposedly had been overhauled and fixed several times since 2010...)

Car is almost exactly the same bar a few tweaks here and there. Compare that to McLaren or RBR development

Edited by muelte, 07 October 2012 - 07:22.

#1885 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:24

Maybe he meant no major updates like Mac or RB that works.

#1886 XAXIXAX

XAXIXAX

• 481 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:24

Did he mean no new parts that worked? Cause I'm sure I've seen new RW, FW and heard about some small bits and pieces here and there. He himself said some of the updates worked while some didn't. Or was he towing the company line? After Monza he said there will be major push for updates every race. Something is not right.

I don't know, I guess he refers parts that have made a significant step forward. As I said (I edited my post, sorry), he looked very pissed off... which is very logical IMO

#1887 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:26

I have some good news to share with you guys...

No no I am not going to talk about Massa coming second showing what Alonso could have/would have/should have done. That I leave for the fan boys, the preachers, who drink Ferrari kewl aid 24/7 to talk about. I mean dont want to take away their talking points.

And no unlike the haters I am not going to talk about Ferrari again having a botch up strategy with Massa. Keeping him out so long on the 2nd stint, which would have made sense if they were going to go for the Soft Tires in the final stint, but no. They just helped Vettel increase his gap and Kobayashi decrease his gap to Massa, but I am sure the "Believers" have an explanation than a couch potato like me.

And yes I am not going to b**** about Raikonnen who it seems doesnt give a damn about ruining others races or colliding into Alonso as long as it "qualifies" as a racing incident, caz Alonso shouldnt be qualifying 6th to begin with.

I am just going to share the GOOD NEWS, i.e. you guys dont have to wait till the last race like in Abu Dabi 2010, its done folks, ITS OVER!!! and the great news is, you didnt have to wait untill the last race!

Now I let the "Preachers" rain on me on what would have/could have/should have and talk about excuses about correlation/tracks/geometry/physics/and bloody whatever excuse they can come up with. Alonso is clearly not the fastest and Ferrari is good, maybe real good, but as long as RBR are around, they always will be SECOND BEST!

#1888 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 985 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:31

The worst of today is that we will have another year with Massa onthe second car.

#1889 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,323 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:35

Six races is about right I would say.

I'm seriously pissed off at the retirement because Alonso could have secured second place today. Kimi ruined Alonso chances yesterday and today even though neither were deliberate.

Ferrari really need to get their fingers out now because there is still a chance.

#1890 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

I really pity people like you who rejoice in others' misfortunes. It is really sad.

I'm rejoicing in the fortune of others'. It is really fantastic.

#1891 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

I have some good news to share with you guys...

No no I am not going to talk about Massa coming second showing what Alonso could have/would have/should have done. That I leave for the fan boys, the preachers, who drink Ferrari kewl aid 24/7 to talk about. I mean dont want to take away their talking points.

And no unlike the haters I am not going to talk about Ferrari again having a botch up strategy with Massa. Keeping him out so long on the 2nd stint, which would have made sense if they were going to go for the Soft Tires in the final stint, but no. They just helped Vettel increase his gap and Kobayashi decrease his gap to Massa, but I am sure the "Believers" have an explanation than a couch potato like me.

And yes I am not going to b**** about Raikonnen who it seems doesnt give a damn about ruining others races or colliding into Alonso as long as it "qualifies" as a racing incident, caz Alonso shouldnt be qualifying 6th to begin with.

I am just going to share the GOOD NEWS, i.e. you guys dont have to wait till the last race like in Abu Dabi 2010, its done folks, ITS OVER!!! and the great news is, you didnt have to wait untill the last race!

Now I let the "Preachers" rain on me on what would have/could have/should have and talk about excuses about correlation/tracks/geometry/physics/and bloody whatever excuse they can come up with. Alonso is clearly not the fastest and Ferrari is good, maybe real good, but as long as RBR are around, they always will be SECOND BEST!

So I guess we might as well cancel the rest of the season, then. Save everybody some time and money.

:rolleyes:

#1892 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:41

EXCELLENT JOB, FELIPE! BRAVO! BRAVO!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tough deal for Fernando, but he was fortunate to have enough margin that a DNF still left him with the WDC lead...barely. Ferrari are looking to fight back, and MUST if they are to have any chance of the championship. I think they will.

In terms of the WDC, the way the cars finished did the best in terms of damage limitation, with Felipe taking 18 points and Kamui 15, and Button nicking 4th place. Big hit was to Vettel, but he was untouchable today.

C'mon Scuderia! YOU CAN DO THIS!! :cool:

Edited by PoleMan, 07 October 2012 - 07:43.

#1893 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,455 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:44

I can't believe I actually let myself get my hopes up mid season.

#1894 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45

Vettel could just pull out a lap from nowhere it seems. At that point it was over 1 sec quicker than Massa. Damn. Can Ferrari claw back that much time in 2 weeks? I'm not sure...

#1895 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:45

EXCELLENT JOB, FELIPE! BRAVO! BRAVO!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tough deal for Fernando, but he was fortunate to have enough margin that a DNF still left him with the WDC lead...barely. Ferrari are looking to fight back, and MUST if they are to have any chance of the championship. I think they will.

In terms of the WDC, the way the cars finished did the best in terms of damage limitation, with Felipe taking 18 points and Kamui 15, and Button nicking 4th place. Big hit was to Vettel, but he was untouchable today.

C'mon Scuderia! YOU CAN DO THIS!! :cool:

This is exactly what I was refering too when I said folks drinking the holy ferrari kewl aid....

You my friend should learn not to put 4 smileys in the post when ARMAGEDON is staring you in the FACE!!!

You need to visit the doc for a reality check!

Edited by Techcheat, 07 October 2012 - 07:49.

#1896 NeilMick

NeilMick

• 530 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:46

I'm rejoicing in the fortune of others'. It is really fantastic.

No you're not, you're being a moron in this thread, go to the one about the others you are rejoicing about. :rolleyes:

#1897 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,927 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:47

Fernando took it the right way in the interview. It was obvious from the first race that it would come down to the last one, most likely. Alonso enjoyed a points advantage so far. It's gone now but it was still valuable because without the events in the first half of the season he would not lead by 4 points right now but would be 60 behind and it really would be over. The car in the race was still no match for RBR on this track, but it was the second best. FA could have been second today. So even if Vettel wiped out the gap today, he did not do so only based on car performance but because of the accident. And those can happen to anyone in every race and are impossible to predict.

Like Fernando said, it's a new WDC mini season from now on. Ferrari have to deliver performance, no doubt, but "over" it is not.

#1898 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:47

I said before and I say again. I am not so sure about Pat Fry's capabilities. Just different class to AN. Look at how the 2 main competitors bounces back after Ferrari brought their major upgrades to Barcelona. Nothing major upgrades or updates really works ever since.

Edited by Frank, 07 October 2012 - 07:49.

#1899 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,053 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:49

Great race for Felipe, I'm really happy that he finished on the podium after so much time. The car was good today but nowhere near the RB.

Advertisement

#1900 ByTheNile

ByTheNile

• 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:50

its not over until its over but unfortunately its getting very close to being over... Alonso needs 2 rainy races in the next 5 to even dream of the WDC and to keep the great performances up ofcourse.