Ferrari F2012 - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4052 replies to this topic

#2201 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,580 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 14:32

Liking the attitude and atmosphere in here it's very RED today :up:

Lets try and maximise this weekend and nail a good result!

Advertisement

#2202 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 972 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 15:24

Any idea what the "small" upgrades were?

#2203 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:52

Custom issues could hinder championship rivals in Indian GP

This could be a big stumbling block for the team...

You got to be kidding me!!!

This is what happens when you set F1 races in the third world.

#2204 Tuxy

Tuxy

• 950 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:40

DAMMIT!

#2205 BestCarWins

BestCarWins

• 196 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:56

Liking the attitude and atmosphere in here it's very RED today :up:

Lets try and maximise this weekend and nail a good result!

Yea where is the usual funeral atmosphere lol. In all seriousness now I hope tomorrow and sunday go well for Ferrari and Alonso's title bid.

That sucks about Indian customs - I hope all the necessary updates can get through in time.

#2206 zeus2

zeus2

• 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 17:58

My great grandfather agrees with you, yay. :clap:

#2207 topical

topical

• 2,071 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:01

For all the sites saying Ferrari's race pace is equal or slightly ahead of RB, I can't help thinking of the very same predictions being made prior to the 2011 season, and we all know what happened there. I desperately want them to have a strong weekend but can't understand how they could go from being well behind RB in Japan to equal or better at Korea, a track they're supposed to struggle at. I know this season has been unpredictable but not that unpredictable.

#2208 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,909 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:03

For all the sites saying Ferrari's race pace is equal or slightly ahead of RB, I can't help thinking of the very same predictions being made prior to the 2011 season, and we all know what happened there. I desperately want them to have a strong weekend but can't understand how they could go from being well behind RB in Japan to equal or better at Korea, a track they're supposed to struggle at. I know this season has been unpredictable but not that unpredictable.

Mercedes = dominant in China, battling Force Indias in Bahrain. Likewise McLaren.
This season has been completely dodgy, and the order depends mainly on the track. Not to say I don't agree with you about Ferraris competitiveness, that it could maybe not be as rosy as now, but it is possible for these fluctuations to occur.

#2209 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:41

I think it is mostly about finding that sweet spot with regard to the tyres this year or the tyres used suiting a particular car at a given track. We've seen it happen plenty with Williams and Sauber and in some cases McLaren and Red Bull too where they seemed dominant only to be reeled in the very next race.

#2210 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 972 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:53

If India want to keep that GP then that will have to be sorted, I expect Bernie to be having a word with a few officials!

#2211 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,890 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:57

If India want to keep that GP then that will have to be sorted, I expect Bernie to be having a word with a few officials!

There was issues last year as well with regard the left over fuels and taxation of employees and drivers in India if I'm not mistaken. It is a mess and has to be cleared up. We can't have customs playing a part in deciding the championship... It's ****ing ridiculous.

#2212 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,752 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 22:35

Any idea what the "small" upgrades were?

Flow viz all over the RW, I have no idea about anything else

#2213 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 22:52

New brake ducts.

#2214 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 446 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 00:53

I think the back of the engine cover has changed as well.
There appears to be no cooling outlet at the back of it, where I'm
sure they've been alternating between large opening vs. small depending
on the track and ambient temps.

unless it's still there and just not visible from this angle...

http://f1zoom.fx1.nl...k...=860&view=1

EDIT-

Actually it was the same in Japan --> http://f1zoom.fx1.nl...j...=924&view=1

EDIT #2

aaaaannnddd apparently they had it in Italy as well --> http://f1zoom.fx1.nl...i...=252&view=1

Why do I pick up on these things so late!

Edited by Cacarella, 13 October 2012 - 01:00.

#2215 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:09

Alonso, sitting in his chair at the back of the garage looks like the godfather

#2216 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:56

Well it was fun being optimistic for half a day.

:wave: hopes.

#2217 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,430 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:59

Another 4th row disaster with Vettel on pole coming up!

#2218 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,632 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:01

As long as we don't "allow" Lotus to be in front, everything is ok.

#2219 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:02

Fastest lap on 2nd or 3rd lap on SS tyre for SV?...Do they have degradation problem at all?? Don't look good.

Advertisement

#2220 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:03

As long as we don't "allow" Lotus to be in front, everything is ok.

Everything would be ok if Red Bull didn't look completely dominant again.

#2221 HPT

HPT

• 1,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:04

Damnit where did that RBR time come from? It's so bloody annoying.

#2222 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:07

Well for those who were having fun yesterday I hope you enjoyed FP2 times while it lasted. Its time to read the writing on the wall. Almost 1 second slower in qualifying... lol. I think its back to where the gap was last year. Same old, same old, now stories on how the race pace is better than qaulifying. It might really be, but when you have your top dog starting 6-8th using all his soft tires by the time he reaches Q1 and Vettel starting 1st having saved a set, what more rubbing do you want.

Still no DDRS from Ferrari, not even in development, when RBR has shown its clearly worth 0.5 sec in qualifying. And qualifying is worth a lot in the race as it allows you grid position, gearing of your choice and allows you to save your tires during the race having started no.1.

Good news and silver lining though, you dont have to wait till last race like Abu Dabi 2010.

Now I will let the fanboys tell me that I dont know how to build an F1 car.... well guess what, it seems like for years, guys at Ferrari dont know how to make a championship winning car either... Than the believers will ask do you know how much time does it take to build a car? Well clearly Ferrari spent the most time building a dog of a car after having abandoned last years car even before half way through the season.

They couldnt get their house in order in years, what makes you think they can fix it in the remaining weeks. RBR continues to be the class of the field. Even after starting in the mid field teams during the first half of the year, they have gone ahead in the development race and Vettel clearly showing that he can win all of the remaining races!

#2223 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,430 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:07

I know I'll get blasted to being negative but this championship is impossible without issues for Vettel.

#2224 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:08

I think Grosjean will be either 1 place ahead of Alonso, or one place behind, never a good thing, and that first corner is bloody tight.

#2225 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:08

This race seems impossible indeed, but we have to take every GP individually.

#2226 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:09

This one's Sebastian's again.

I suspect this is going to be the GP where Vettel takes over the WDC and most likely, by the looks of it, put everyone else to shame.

#2227 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:17

Well for those who were having fun yesterday I hope you enjoyed FP2 times while it lasted. Its time to read the writing on the wall. Almost 1 second slower in qualifying... lol. I think its back to where the gap was last year. Same old, same old, now stories on how the race pace is better than qaulifying. It might really be, but when you have your top dog starting 6-8th using all his soft tires by the time he reaches Q1 and Vettel starting 1st having saved a set, what more rubbing do you want.

Still no DDRS from Ferrari, not even in development, when RBR has shown its clearly worth 0.5 sec in qualifying. And qualifying is worth a lot in the race as it allows you grid position, gearing of your choice and allows you to save your tires during the race having started no.1.

Good news and silver lining though, you dont have to wait till last race like Abu Dabi 2010.

Ferrari are behind on many facets when compared to other teams. People do not realize how bad the Ferrari is because Fernando is driving the spark plugs out of the car. Nonetheless, even if he has similar pace, when you start from the 3rd row... you're kinda like the one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

I wander how many more years Banco Santander is going to allow this shit-show to continue.

#2228 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:22

I don't understand why the DDRS wasn't developed. They have the ressources to do it...

#2229 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:22

Ferrari are behind on many facets when compared to other teams. People do not realize how bad the Ferrari is because Fernando is driving the spark plugs out of the car. Nonetheless, even if he has similar pace, when you start from the 3rd row... you're kinda like the one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest.

I wander how many more years Banco Santander is going to allow this shit-show to continue.

I agree if Massa really shows what truly this car is worth than its even more sad. Having said that I am begining to feel that Vettel has become "Schumacerous" of 2000's. Really hard to tell but my belief is that in equal cars Vettel can beat Alonso mainly as his self belief is on "another" planet. And after years of failure Alonso's shoulders/self belief are going down.

Observing his in race times, I see Alonso is not as consistant as RBR. It may have to do with the car, but imho I feel Vettel is where you put your money if you were a betting man.

W/o DDRS no matter what updates they bring in remaining races, no matter if they bring a super coanda or an ANACONDA exhaust, they are SCREWED!!!

Edited by Techcheat, 13 October 2012 - 03:23.

#2230 redbarron

redbarron

• 299 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:24

F1 is back to the predictable again. We will probably find out next year Red Bull were bending the rules and the FIA will slap them on the wrists like usual but still let them get away with it. If they had of just banned DDRS like they should have the Double Diffuser or Engine Mapping, the sport would have better racing and less dominance.

I can't see Alonso winning the WDC even if Vettel has a DNF or two. I've lost my positivity now :(

#2231 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:26

I don't understand why the DDRS wasn't developed. They have the ressources to do it...

It wasn't developed as they and the "self declared experts" on this thread didnt see the merit of having a system that qualifies you on the front row... because they thought of the Mercedes example like any "LOOSER" would.

However winners who go home with the prom queen, aka RBR, saw the merit, and than did a one up on the Mercedes and designed a DDRS that was the class of the field. Thats what champions do.

I am just waiting to hear a bunch of baloni and excuses from the fan boys. BRING DOWN THE RAIN!!!

#2232 turssi

turssi

• 1,197 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:27

Lotus was in front of Ferrari on supersofts in FP3. Ferrari race pace must be real special for them to keep Fernando's dream alive on Sunday.

#2233 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:29

Lotus was in front of Ferrari on supersofts in FP3. Ferrari race pace must be real special for them to keep Fernando's dream alive on Sunday.

Well they can just keep on "DREAMING" and you can skip the race and get up from the dreams on Monday!

#2234 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:38

Some people here aren't clever with their trolling.

Its actually ridiculously predictable.

Edited by Seanspeed, 13 October 2012 - 03:38.

#2235 aray

aray

• 2,586 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:41

i like it this way...we will not have to suffer heartbreak at the last race like 2010...it will be over before that....:well:

#2236 CF22

CF22

• 386 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:43

Well the WDC lead tasted good while it lasted. But it's still early and anything can happen, as long as the Lotuses are kept 50 yards away at the start, anything can happen. Fernando said yesterday 5 podiums and he wins the WDC. As long as he stays within 25 points from the lead by the last race who knows, someone's crappy alternator might pop, those Renault engines are ticking time bombs.

#2237 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:43

F1 is back to the predictable again. We will probably find out next year Red Bull were bending the rules and the FIA will slap them on the wrists like usual but still let them get away with it. If they had of just banned DDRS like they should have the Double Diffuser or Engine Mapping, the sport would have better racing and less dominance.

I can't see Alonso winning the WDC even if Vettel has a DNF or two. I've lost my positivity now :(

Yes, but the question is: Why doesn't Ferrari take chances too? First it was Virgin, now RBR... these small teams are eating the bigger team's lunches from under their very noses. They already know what doesn't work. They have the best driver on the grid. They have a sponsor willing to spend as much as necessary and they always fall short.

People don't understand, especially the Ferrari "super" fans, that it's no longer about a wind tunnel, the lack of an F1-appropriate aerodynamics program, et cetera. Ferrari, right now, seem to be unable (at least until Fry came along) to figure out what they did wrong, not just how to fix it. It's a fundamental problem. And they're draggin Fernando's face through the mud in the process. It's like he's been driving that damn Renault for 5 years now.

Even Lobato, the biggest Ferrari ass-kisser in the history of ass-kissers, is critical of Ferrari now. He knows that either Fernando wins a WDC NOW, not 3 years from now, NOW, or else his TV gig will go back to presenting an F1 GP on Sunday mornings once every 6 months or so.

And Domenicali has to stop "first we need to understand..." It makes me SO FRIGGIN MAD to hear him say that! Shut the f*** up and just DO, do not understand anything, just friggin DO!

#2238 turssi

turssi

• 1,197 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:51

Well the WDC lead tasted good while it lasted. But it's still early and anything can happen, as long as the Lotuses are kept 50 yards away at the start, anything can happen. Fernando said yesterday 5 podiums and he wins the WDC. As long as he stays within 25 points from the lead by the last race who knows, someone's crappy alternator might pop, those Renault engines are ticking time bombs.

The RBR comeback really is something. They look so strong that the other teams are left hoping for engine/alternator probs. I have no doubt that Fernando will keep the McLarens and others behind him, but for him to win vs Sebastian RBR will have to fail or Ferrari will have to deliver very soon.

#2239 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:14

Yes, but the question is: Why doesn't Ferrari take chances too? First it was Virgin, now RBR... these small teams are eating the bigger team's lunches from under their very noses. They already know what doesn't work. They have the best driver on the grid. They have a sponsor willing to spend as much as necessary and they always fall short.

People don't understand, especially the Ferrari "super" fans, that it's no longer about a wind tunnel, the lack of an F1-appropriate aerodynamics program, et cetera. Ferrari, right now, seem to be unable (at least until Fry came along) to figure out what they did wrong, not just how to fix it. It's a fundamental problem. And they're draggin Fernando's face through the mud in the process. It's like he's been driving that damn Renault for 5 years now.

Even Lobato, the biggest Ferrari ass-kisser in the history of ass-kissers, is critical of Ferrari now. He knows that either Fernando wins a WDC NOW, not 3 years from now, NOW, or else his TV gig will go back to presenting an F1 GP on Sunday mornings once every 6 months or so.

And Domenicali has to stop "first we need to understand..." It makes me SO FRIGGIN MAD to hear him say that! Shut the f*** up and just DO, do not understand anything, just friggin DO!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

If Ferrari would have been made through to do what RBR had too this year, the fan boys on this thread would have been crying foul and blaming FIA for years. In order to make F1 more level playing field for teams like Ferrari who were left inhaling RBR exhausts last year, FIA gave them the following on platter:

1. Banned Double Diffuser
2. Came in with stricter tests to test the front wing not flexing
3. Banned complex engine maps
4. Banned their exhaust trick with blown diffuser

Whilst Ferrari fan boys still give excuses about test ban effecting Ferrari's form. The test ban has been in place for years. But RBR had to come up against all of those restrictions this year...

And guess what? Even after all those restrictions aimed solely at making RBR slower, they have again shown that it was no LUCK or ACCIDENT that they were NUMBER 1. They with their current team are NUMBER 1 and will be NUMBER 1 with any set of rules. Even if they allow track testing for Ferrari god damnit. Lack of track testing has become a no.1 excuse for Ferrari. Guess what, its the same for EVERYONE!

The reason RBR is no1 being, they can implement their own and others ideas, sometimes even better than those who pioneered those ideas. After starting in mid field this year and suffering from an engine map ban, they still have shown they are the class of the field. Why?

1. Best race strategies by far....
2. After having slower pit stops than Ferrari to start with, Ferrari as usual have kept stagnant and RBR has outdone them in last races. They are behind Mc Laren but more predictable.
3. First team to come up with coanda effect exhaust, took Ferrari at least 3 races more IIRC
4. Now the DDRS and again getting it right w/o even practicing like Lotus multiple times

Ferrari folks and fanboys tell us not to "overreact", come on, the time to react is gone "already". If you still dont react, maybe you are already focusing on a 5 year plan to fix the wind tunnel.

RBR guys are acting like pros and showing Ferrari how the job is done. As far as Ferrari, well they and their fanboys have also become good, good at giving EXCUSES that is. As they are simply INCOMPETANT!

Edited by Techcheat, 13 October 2012 - 04:29.

Advertisement

#2240 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,752 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:53

Posted Image

#2241 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:22

Championship is over...

Car is so slow...

#2242 MoP

MoP

• 188 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:26

Championship is over...

Car is so slow...

its over after the last race.....FFS

#2243 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:28

Championship is over...

[b]Car is so slow...[/b

Not in Massa's hands

#2244 pusko

pusko

• 526 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:28

...it doesn't look too good...but forza SF!

#2245 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,752 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:29

Remember kids, it was known after Suzuka that Korea would be another difficult track, and the updates would be small. It was going to be India and beyond which would be decisive. We just hoped for better because of the surprising Friday times. Nothing changed compared to Thursday.

#2246 pusko

pusko

• 526 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:35

Are they f... kidding us...Fer almost kicked out in 1st round and now he's what...almost on top?!?
wtf?!?

#2247 jonathanknevels

jonathanknevels

• 205 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:35

Was alonso using the same ssoft tires from q1 ?

#2248 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:36

Is it time to be positive again now? Where's that swingometer got to? :p

Edited by midgrid, 13 October 2012 - 05:37.

#2249 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

I am so confused

#2250 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,632 posts

Was alonso using the same ssoft tires from q1 ?

Yes.