Photo

Kimi Raikkonen - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4052 replies to this topic

#1201 swerved

swerved

• 3,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:45

Andrew Benson is usually a bit off with his infos so wouldn't make too much out of his views, I'm pretty sure Di Resta isn't even an option for Ferrari, Hulkenberg however is but he is way too unexperienced (as is Di Resta). We all know Montezemolo said Perez was not experienced enough so neither are these two. Ferrari seat will go to Massa, only other drivers who I believe could get it are Schumi,Kimi,Kovalainen and Sutil too could be a choice. From these I think Schumi will either retire or go to Sauber, Kimi will stay with Lotus and Kovalainen will drive for Caterham..Sutil will have hard time to get seat from anywhere. So Massa will keep the seat.

Its true that he said that, but as with everything LDM says, I always think "Now what did he really mean ?"

I never take Benson or any other journo's efforts as gospel, but they do get it right some of the time, though i think Massa is probably favourite to keep the seat.

Advertisement

#1202 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:47

On a lighter note...

Posted Image

:lol:

Good to see Kimi is fit and ready for title fight...roll on suzuka :up:

#1203 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:52

Its true that he said that, but as with everything LDM says, I always think "Now what did he really mean ?"

I never take Benson or any other journo's efforts as gospel, but they do get it right some of the time, though i think Massa is probably favourite to keep the seat.

Well Ferrari has had experienced drivers in the past so It could be he meant jus that, 2 seasons in formula 1 isn't much. Also surely the strong rumours that Vettel has deal with Ferrari from 2014 onwards has affect on the matter (Ferrari usually always sign their star drivers very early...exampe kimi 2005, alonso 2008 and now vettel 2011-2012?)

#1204 swerved

swerved

• 3,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:52

For me, that would be the most tremendous driver pairing since Senna+Prost.
Maybe, with Kimi, it would even be manageable.

My preferred drivers are Alonso and Kimi (yes I know I might be pretty lonely with this combination), and preferred Teams are Sauber and Ferrari.

That said, Kimi early this year stated that there was only one person in Ferrari which he didn't got along very well.
I still think it was not Montezemolo, but Schumacher who came back as a consultant (sic), lobbying against Kimi and persuading LdM to look for another driver.
If my view is correct, such a transfer might be possible....

Hmm, I've always assumed it was LDM, but thats viewpoint i hadn't really considered!.

I'm sure the man that matters knows far more than any of us so would give any offer the consideration it deserved.

#1205 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:54

But Kimi has said he came along well with Schumacher so don't think it was him that he had problems with but only they know the truth.

#1206 swerved

swerved

• 3,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:55

Good to see Kimi is fit and ready for title fight...roll on suzuka :up:

Heh yeah, I forgot the caption, it was something predictable to do with ice-creams :)

#1207 swerved

swerved

• 3,500 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:04

But Kimi has said he came along well with Schumacher so don't think it was him that he had problems with but only they know the truth.

The trouble is its hard to know who Kimi might have had a hard time with, because he keeps his cards so close to his chest, which is a good thing imo, I remember the "Where's the rain" moment that really had me shouting at the TV but hadn't really given it much more thought than that, as you say only they know the truth.

I agree as well about Ferrari having experienced drivers, and that they plan them long in advance, though i'm not totally convinced that Vettel will be there in 2 years time, I think i'm just having one of those days where i can't be conclusive about anything, arguing with myself kind of thing, as they say "I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure".

Thank god there's only a few days until FP1 :up:

#1208 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:28

On a more lighter note:
Kimi Dragonborn

#1209 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:31

The trouble is its hard to know who Kimi might have had a hard time with, because he keeps his cards so close to his chest, which is a good thing imo, I remember the "Where's the rain" moment that really had me shouting at the TV but hadn't really given it much more thought than that, as you say only they know the truth.

I agree as well about Ferrari having experienced drivers, and that they plan them long in advance, though i'm not totally convinced that Vettel will be there in 2 years time, I think i'm just having one of those days where i can't be conclusive about anything, arguing with myself kind of thing, as they say "I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure".

Thank god there's only a few days until FP1 :up:

'

indeed it's hard to know...but I think it can't be any other then Montezemolo or Schumacher as Kimi is friends with Domenicalli and his former race engineers...of course there is hundreds of people who work for Ferrari so who knows, it could even be a cleaner or someone who didn't give icecream for Kimi :) but to be honest I don't care much and I think Kimi doesn't either it's past and he and us should only look to the future.

yeah I also have difficulties to see Alonso letting anyone near as good as him to the same team to drive on equal status...but then again paddock rumours are as strong as they were in Alonso-Ferrari situation and Kubica would have driven alongside Alonso this year already if not the accident.

yes, hopefully they will be able to drive FP1 or normal weekend...in this past weekend japan has suffered with heavy typhoons so hopefully weather will get better for the sake of the people who live there and as well for the gp weekend.

#1210 Fallout

Fallout

• 429 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:35

On a more lighter note:
Kimi Dragonborn

Holy ... The timing is EPIC! :lol:

#1211 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,329 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:49

Ferrari's Attempt to Lure Raikkonen Back to Ferrari is Delaying Massa'a Contract Renewal
1 October 2012

Posted Image

In Maranello they are considering a return that would be sensational,one that would solve a fundamental problem of the last three years: get as many points as possible.

http://www.lastampa....jOuI/index.html

La Stampa is owned by Fiat. They probably have excellent sources on this.

#1212 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 16:06

interesting...but the text is excatly the same as in the other sources posted before. I think I will just wait for more rumours to really make up my mind, anything is possible in formula 1 :D so I will say Kimi to either Lotus or Ferrari, I'm fine with both...would choose Lotus but Kimi in a same team with Alonso would be fantastic to see for whole formula 1 audience.

#1213 Woody3says

Woody3says

• 421 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 16:15

Kimi in a same team with Alonso would be fantastic to see for whole formula 1 audience.

:up: x1000

#1214 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 16:55

It's never nice to take advantage from other drivers misfortunes but good news for Kimi (maybe) is that Button has got 5 grid penalty because of gearbox change...althought it could also be that Alonso gets advantage and Kimi will not get any advantage at all .... Also weather forecast for suzuka looks good, reasonable warm and dry.

#1215 kartinhero

kartinhero

• 321 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:11

Kimi will win at Suzuka. I'm sure of it. I will take iceman tattoo somewhere in my body if he won't. This is a promise. And if he wins I'm still gonna take it. Also a promise.

#1216 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:27

To be 2nd driver? No thanks.

#1217 Wander

Wander

• 2,213 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:29

I just want the car to be competitive this time.

#1218 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:33

I just want the car to be competitive this time.

Made around Alonso. With a strategy around Alonso. With all political game around Alonso. So, picking points behind Alonso is what he wants to end his career? That would be a silly way to end it.

#1219 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 285 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:39

Made around Alonso. With a strategy around Alonso. With all political game around Alonso. So, picking points behind Alonso is what he wants to end his career? That would be a silly way to end it.

One thing I admire in Button is that he went to McLaren knowing that the team was "made" for Hamilton. I would love to see Alonso and Kimi in the same team, but I don't think Alonso would be as soft as Hamilton as been towards Button (even though I believe he respects Räikkönen a lot).

Advertisement

#1220 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:43

If the DDRS works (big if) it could be absolutely huge. They can run higher downforce for sector 1 and not lose topspeed.

More so in the race but still good

Edited by tarmac, 01 October 2012 - 17:44.

#1221 dts9624

dts9624

• 103 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:46

Could it be a simple case of money? Could it be that Robertsons are trying to negotiate the largest possible sum of money that they (and Kimi) can earn with the remainder of his F1 career?
How many years has Kimi got left, nobody knows, could Kimi also want to make as much out of his remaining F1 career, and simply choose the team that pays the most?
I'm not suggesting he isn't interested in winning anymore, but I'm suggesting that they take all factors into consideration. And his managers surely want the biggest slice they can get, success is simply a bonus.

Personally, I would hate to see Kimi leave Lotus. Also, could this publicity about trying to sign Kimi be a way to get Massa's camp to agree to a considerably lesser amount of money?

#1222 Oho

Oho

• 7,255 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:49

One thing I admire in Button is that he went to McLaren knowing that the team was "made" for Hamilton. I would love to see Alonso and Kimi in the same team, but I don't think Alonso would be as soft as Hamilton as been towards Button (even though I believe he respects Räikkönen a lot).

Well McLaren is not ran by its star driver.....

#1223 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:57

kimi can go to ferrari if he wants to get some money, sure, and colect some 60-80% of the points of Alonso. It's an option. Winning is not.

#1224 OSX

OSX

• 4,058 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:05

To be 2nd driver? No thanks.

You cannot lure a top driver like Kimi in a team without offering equal status. That's the starting point, money and all else comes after that. The bosses at Ferrari might be arrogant but they're not stupid, and neither is Kimi.

#1225 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:09

You cannot lure a top driver like Kimi in a team without offering equal status. That's the starting point, money and all else comes after that. The bosses at Ferrari might be arrogant but they're not stupid, and neither is Kimi.

A top driver? Massa was before. Montoya to Mclaren too. Barrichello to Ferrari too. Mansell to Ferrari too. Trulli To Renault. Fisi to Renault. Rosberg to Mclaren.

#1226 Wander

Wander

• 2,213 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:22

A top driver? Massa was before. Montoya to Mclaren too. Barrichello to Ferrari too. Mansell to Ferrari too. Trulli To Renault. Fisi to Renault. Rosberg to Mclaren.

What's your point?

#1227 OSX

OSX

• 4,058 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:29

Appears to be so. That is indeed an interesting fact...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/la_stampa

#1228 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,439 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 20:12

Also, could this publicity about trying to sign Kimi be a way to get Massa's camp to agree to a considerably lesser amount of money?

If Massa faces a paycut, I think his performance suffers even more.

#1229 rijole1

rijole1

• 622 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 21:25

Kimi will win at Suzuka. I'm sure of it. I will take iceman tattoo somewhere in my body if he won't. This is a promise. And if he wins I'm still gonna take it. Also a promise.

:up: :)
But is that so hard punishment?!
Why not you make a tattoo of a driver you are not fan of, in case Kimi doesn't win?
For me that would be a Alonso - what a terrible thought... :p

#1230 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,699 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 21:41

If Massa faces a paycut, I think his performance suffers even more.

I think Massa is a driver who should be paid primarily for results only.

#1231 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,653 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:17

On a more lighter note:
Kimi Dragonborn

Brilliant! The Skyrim dragonborn shout is pretty old now, but I still had to watch this a few times.

#1232 cokeb

cokeb

• 114 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:04

On a more lighter note:
Kimi Dragonborn

Awesome!

Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes!

:lol:

#1233 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:40

Posted Image

#1234 Babak

Babak

• 112 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 00:59

Maybe the rumours will subside now

"Ferrari to decide between Massa, Hulkenberg and Di Resta"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/19789183

We'll see soon enough i guess.

Luca thinks that Perez isn't mature enough for Ferrari yet, then why would Hulk or Di Resta be any different? same number of F1 races under their belt as Perez and less spectacular results and driving...

As I mentioned previously, I think that Michael Schumacher will either retire by the end of the season or will go back to Ferrari to partner Alonso; why else would he be hesitating to sign an extension with Merc when he claim his motivation is intact? To go to Sauber?! C'mon!

Edited by Babak, 03 October 2012 - 01:00.

#1235 Sith

Sith

• 1,306 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:28

Babak... How naive are you??? 'Shuey to Ferrari??' They have already said there is more chance of signing Ascari!! Shows how little you know of F1.. The Sauber thing is for real..

Algusari deal has fallen through.. Shuey-Bianci combo very likely... Di Resta is DUD!! Hulk is in the box seat to replace Massa..

More news after Suzuka...;)

#1236 beqa16v

beqa16v

• 125 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:57

I'm sure he will not win. I just dont see potential in this car based on last three races.

#1237 Topsu

Topsu

• 708 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:37

On a more lighter note:
Kimi Dragonborn

I actually laughed out loud :D

#1238 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:00

What's your point?

I meant that before joining those teams they were all regarded as top drivers. Then, after the 2nd driver treatment, no more. Their reputations went down. Only Mansell got lucky enough to escape. I'm afraid that if Kimi goes To ferrari he becomes a 2nd tier driver because of al the environement around Alonso. Just like Massa.

#1239 beqa16v

beqa16v

• 125 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 14:54

I meant that before joining those teams they were all regarded as top drivers. Then, after the 2nd driver treatment, no more. Their reputations went down. Only Mansell got lucky enough to escape. I'm afraid that if Kimi goes To ferrari he becomes a 2nd tier driver because of al the environement around Alonso. Just like Massa.

Mansell escaped because he was British. Every driver is presented the way British media presents him, lets face it. Why was not Eddie Jordan calling for sacking Button for his poor form for most of the season like he was calling for Kimi in the past? It's all so biased.

Advertisement

#1240 FenderJaguar

FenderJaguar

• 1,415 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 15:26

Mansell escaped because he was British. Every driver is presented the way British media presents him, lets face it. Why was not Eddie Jordan calling for sacking Button for his poor form for most of the season like he was calling for Kimi in the past? It's all so biased.

I don't agree at all. He made a short comeback and then quit. I think some of you people make it too easy on yourself sometimes. It sounds good with the bias thing but it is not true.

#1241 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 445 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:03

http://www.firstpost...ZB-75669-1.html

Looking at this link, Kimi got a haircut again. I always liked the short hair rather than the longer hair.. :p So let's hope with his shorter hair he'll fly to the Suzuka victory!

#1242 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:45

"I think we've fallen off a little bit from the guys; the others have improved," Raikkonen said. "We have some small parts - new parts - here so hopefully it will get us back more where we were being before. But I think we have to try to do the best over the weekend here and hopefully then for Korea we should get bigger improvements so if that works we should improve a bit more so we'll see."

Raikkonen also refused to confirm his plans for 2013 despite admitting he has a contract with Lotus.

"You never know; Formula One is a funny place. We've seen that in the past and I've seen it so I'm not interested in talking about it, because it doesn't seem to make much sense whether you seem to have [a contract], it can change in one night."

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/90537.html

#1243 Cool Beans

Cool Beans

• 1,540 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:53

http://www.firstpost...ZB-75669-1.html

Looking at this link, Kimi got a haircut again. I always liked the short hair rather than the longer hair.. :p So let's hope with his shorter hair he'll fly to the Suzuka victory!

Looks fast!! :D

Edited by beancounter, 04 October 2012 - 07:54.

#1244 artista

artista

• 4,776 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01

"I think we've fallen off a little bit from the guys; the others have improved," Raikkonen said. "We have some small parts - new parts - here so hopefully it will get us back more where we were being before. But I think we have to try to do the best over the weekend here and hopefully then for Korea we should get bigger improvements so if that works we should improve a bit more so we'll see."

Raikkonen also refused to confirm his plans for 2013 despite admitting he has a contract with Lotus.

"You never know; Formula One is a funny place. We've seen that in the past and I've seen it so I'm not interested in talking about it, because it doesn't seem to make much sense whether you seem to have [a contract], it can change in one night."

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/90537.html

Today's Autosport magazine also says the option has been taken after Singapore and the announcement should be imminent (page 27, down right corner).

#1245 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,117 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:02

Good to see Kimi has new haircut again...last time it did bring good spped and podium :) Kimi said they will test DDRS system in practise but will see if they race with it...they will if it works like planned.

#1246 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45

Today's Autosport magazine also says the option has been taken after Singapore and the announcement should be imminent (page 27, down right corner).

Okay thanks, I wonder why Kimi is trying so hard to be mysterious about the matter, it is not like there is any viable seats left in any case.

#1247 OSX

OSX

• 4,058 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:10

Kimi said to MTV3 today that he has no contract for next year yet and according to TS's Heikki Kulta they're still finalizing the new Lotus contract.

#1248 beqa16v

beqa16v

• 125 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:33

I suspect they will not use the DDRS again. That thing is one lousy idea. I cant imagine how you can take 130R with a stalled rear wing.

#1249 quidam

quidam

• 188 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44

I suspect they will not use the DDRS again. That thing is one lousy idea. I cant imagine how you can take 130R with a stalled rear wing.

With or without the device, all cars will be at 310 Km:h in this cormer :wave:

Because the stalled rear wing of the Lotus will have the same value of downforce than a normal car without this device.

Edited by quidam, 04 October 2012 - 09:54.

#1250 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,329 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08

If they really want to try the EBD in Korea, then this is the last opportunity to test and deploy this drag reduction device. They better nail their test sessions this time around.