Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:33

video

Great race between both, very fair :up: :up:

Advertisement

#1652 pUs

pUs

• 2,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:34

Its funny how Eric Boullier in Lotus post race comments first talks about Grosjeans race about 2/3 of all his comments and then gives 1/3 of his after-race thoughts to teams WDC contender. Nice.

My advice to Kimi: change the team ASAP.

Cut the guy some slack, it's quite hard to spin Grosjeans race in a positive way and keeping it short at the same time.;)

#1653 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:39

Its funny how Eric Boullier in Lotus post race comments first talks about Grosjeans race about 2/3 of all his comments and then gives 1/3 of his after-race thoughts to teams WDC contender. Nice.

My advice to Kimi: change the team ASAP.

can u tell me where I can find this article/video? thanks in advance

#1654 Alexandros

Alexandros

• 914 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:41

video

Awesomeness :cool:

It's like Kimi's car is an extension of his body and he's instinctively trying to protect it.

#1655 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:44

If it makes you feel better you can look at it as Fernando's very own Monza 2010.

I am pretty sure Alonso spun in qualifying in Australia this year.

#1656 yr

yr

• 5,834 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:45

can u tell me where I can find this article/video? thanks in advance

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103204

#1657 yr

yr

• 5,834 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:54

Cut the guy some slack, it's quite hard to spin Grosjeans race in a positive way and keeping it short at the same time.;)

:lol: true.

I still think it would be right thing for him to do to first speak about how Kimi managed still to be in with a slighest chance for WDC rather than starting with his long excuse list for Grosjean, could you imagine a post race interview where Domenically would start his review with a lengthy story how Massa was unlucky and how all other drivers were out there just to get him and then have some few words about Alonso keeping his WDC hopes alive by bringing the car home in points once again?

#1658 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,107 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:58

7 days to know if Räikkönen is a title contender or not. If Korea stuff doesn't put Lotus on par with RBR it's over.

#1659 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:00

He is so clumsy :lol:

Posted Image

Advertisement

#1660 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:01

7 days to know if Räikkönen is a title contender or not. If Korea stuff doesn't put Lotus on par with RBR it's over.

Well I don´t think that he still has a chance! I just hope that he somehow manages to stay third and get one or two podium postions this year

Edited by hello86, 07 October 2012 - 17:02.

#1661 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,645 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:02

No need to worry about it. It's over.

#1662 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:02

Also worth mentioning: with Rosberg DNF todayh, Kimi is the only driver to have finished all races so far this season. It shows what a great consistency this guy is bringing and if (I know if...) Lotus didn't messed his strategy up in China, he would have finished all races in the points so far. Hopefully he'll keep this finish streak going with hopefully a victory this season, and I think we will know soon enough after Korea if that is realistic.

#1663 pUs

pUs

• 2,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:15

Posted Image

Hope he didn't break his fokin' head there. He falls again, and again and again.. :(

#1664 pUs

pUs

• 2,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:16

:lol: true.

I still think it would be right thing for him to do to first speak about how Kimi managed still to be in with a slighest chance for WDC rather than starting with his long excuse list for Grosjean, could you imagine a post race interview where Domenically would start his review with a lengthy story how Massa was unlucky and how all other drivers were out there just to get him and then have some few words about Alonso keeping his WDC hopes alive by bringing the car home in points once again?

Yeah, it's weird. Conflict of interests if there ever was one.. I guess in some peoples eyes he'd come out of it as a bit of a fool no matter what route he would take though. I guess that's why it's not always a great idea to be a manager and a team boss at the same time.

Personally I would respect him a lot more if he showed a bit of integrity and dared to actually criticize his 'own' driver at times, that would be the mark of an honest man whose number one priority is the success of the whole team. In my view he doesn't always give that impression.

Edited by pUs, 07 October 2012 - 17:23.

#1665 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:20

In the process of evading from an autograph hunter? :lol:

Edited by SpaMaster, 07 October 2012 - 17:21.

#1666 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,585 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:21

The quick reactions by Kimi against Lewis are astonishing :up: ,im sure other drivers are that quick its just ive never seen it on replay

Edited by Callisto, 07 October 2012 - 17:21.

#1667 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:23

In the process of evading from an autograph hunter? :lol:

he didnt... he actually grabbed the pen and dived in to give him the autograph. but that part is out of the footage.

#1668 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:24

The quick reactions by Kimi against Lewis are astonishing :up: ,im sure other drivers are that quick its just ive never seen it on replay

i´ve seen those before... i think it was visible too in spa... racing through the high speed corners.. quick flicks of the hands. i think they all have them.

#1669 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:26

We can forget that. Newey cracked the code of the DDRS. Lotus didnt. Vettel is in 2011 form and Lotus is still going on about their elusive "device". Bah, humbug.

#1670 bourbon

bourbon

• 5,907 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:29

We have 5 races to go! Kimi is awesome!

NEVER GIVE UP! :D

Go Kimi Go!! :up:

#1671 Fungio

Fungio

• 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:38

Posted Image

:rotfl: Is this from today?

#1672 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:40

What's the big fuss about Boullier's post race quotes? Grosjean was big talking point for Lotus today. Some like to moan all the time. Always taking out the frustration on some others. True the last few races haven't gone well for the team. But you know what you signed up for when Kimi joined Lotus. They are a medium-size funded team and have remarkably kept pace with the big teams for a big chunk of the season. Pound for pound they have been the most overachieving team this year. Take it as good karma, instead of taking it out on the team for every little thing. The team is still doing the best they can. There is nothing to get so disappointed or frustrated. If you are in doubt, ask Kimi.

#1673 Lone

Lone

• 601 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:43

Hope he didn't break his fokin' head there. He falls again, and again and again.. :(

If he can fall on a boat landing on his neck unscathed I think he can survive a small banging on the head like this every day of the week.

#1674 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:47

What's the big fuss about Boullier's post race quotes? Grosjean was big talking point for Lotus today. Some like to moan all the time. Always taking out the frustration on some others. True the last few races haven't gone well for the team. But you know what you signed up for when Kimi joined Lotus. They are a medium-size funded team and have remarkably kept pace with the big teams for a big chunk of the season. Pound for pound they have been the most overachieving team this year. Take it as good karma, instead of taking it out on the team for every little thing. The team is still doing the best they can. There is nothing to get so disappointed or frustrated. If you are in doubt, ask Kimi.

+1 :)

#1675 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:47

:up:

#1676 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:48

:rotfl: Is this from today?

This weekend! Only found this gif! :)

#1677 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:48

what does your pound for pound argumentation have to do with Boulliers chronology of stating post race quotes?

:lol: i fail to see the connection

#1678 Lone

Lone

• 601 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:49

We have 5 races to go! Kimi is awesome!

NEVER GIVE UP! :D

Go Kimi Go!! :up:

With five races to go and the championship still undecided I say one award is already decided: the most positive Kimi fan. And the winner is... Bourbon, by a mile.

#1679 pUs

pUs

• 2,539 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:58

There's no fuss. Or did I miss something?

Advertisement

#1680 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:08

what does your pound for pound argumentation have to do with Boulliers chronology of stating post race quotes?

:lol: i fail to see the connection

:p I wandered a bit. Just wanted to add a few other things related to the constant whinging I have been seeing recently.

Thanks for the info on the photo by the way. I always knew Kimi is a good boy! :p

Edited by SpaMaster, 07 October 2012 - 18:10.

#1681 spaforever

spaforever

• 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:09

[quote name='Bruce' date='Oct 7 2012, 15:19' post='5961743']
I'll beg to disagree and leav it at that.

Again - thanks Kimi - Seb appreciates it.

Seb appreciates much more the fact that Alonso is not so great under pressure as he might thought before.
You simply cant be serious when you try to put all the blame on Kimi only.

#1682 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:01

Kimi himself has said recently that the team needs to improve and they need more pace. And that is mostly what people are complaining about. Boullier himself has said that they have diverted too much resources into the device, comprising their other other updates and that is the other thing that people have complained about, so Boullier himself admitted that they have made the wrong decision. Boullier has placed himself in a position where he will always be questioned by deciding to be a team principle and a driver's manager, he could have just been a team principle like most of the others on grid but he choose not to be. Briatore was in the same position and people also questioned his motives on a continues basis. Those are the things that people have been questioning and it is valid. People are not complaining about every single thing that Lotus does, that is just exaggeration. Lotus had a slow pitstop today and no one complained it.
But this is generally what people do on forums everyone has different opinions and just because people support the same driver doesn't mean they all have to fall in line and have the same opinions about the team he is driving for.

On the otherhand we also constantly have to hear complains about Kimi's qualifying issues for example. Yesterday again people were quick to complain about Kimi's mistake. Which is perfectly fair, but the situation does go both ways everything is free game. The team has improved a little bit this year and one could commend them for it but right now they are basically making the same mistake as they last year, and without Kimi they wouldn't have been in the position that they are in this year. They may be a midfield team but surely any team in F1 is there to improve and to try and win, and to and become better. Williams have certainly also improved a lot from last year but people barely registers it because of their drivers, and Sauber is also a team with low resources, who are able to stay very competitive.
If you dont look at what you are doing wrong then you will never improve.

Edited by intelligentsia, 07 October 2012 - 23:56.

#1683 Stollas

Stollas

• 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:16

Kimi himself has said recently that the team needs to improve and they need more pace. And that is mostly what people are complaining about. Boullier himself has said that they have diverted too much resources into the device, comprising their other other updates and that is the other thing that people have complained about, so Boullier himself admitted that they have made the wrong decision. Boullier has placed himself in a position where he will always be questioned by deciding to be a team principle and a driver's manager, he could have just been a team principle like most of the others on grid but he choose not to be. Briatore was in the same position and people also questioned his motives continues basis. Those are the things that people have been questioning and it is valid. People are not complaining about every single thing that Lotus does, that is just exaggeration. Lotus had a slow pitstop today and no one complained it.
But this is generally what people do on forums everyone has different opinions and just because people support the same driver doesn't mean they all have to fall in line and have the same opinions about the team he is driving for.

On the otherhand we also constantly have to hear complains about Kimi's qualifying issues for example. Yesterday again people were quick to complain about Kimi's mistake. Which is perfectly fair, but the situation does go both ways everything is free game. The team has improved a little bit this year and one could commend them for it but right now they are basically making the same mistake as they last year, and without Kimi they wouldn't have been in the position that they are in this year. They may be a midfield team but surely any team in F1 is there to improve and to try and win, and to and become better. Williams have certainly also improved a lot from last year but people barely registers it because of their drivers, and Sauber is also a team with low resources, who are able to stay very competitive.

Good post!... :up:

#1684 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:53

just found another reason to love KIMI ...

he doesn't give a shit about following/unfollowing in #TWITTER, unlike some other idiots

:smoking:

#1685 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:09

just found another reason to love KIMI ...

he doesn't give a shit about following/unfollowing in #TWITTER, unlike some other idiots

:smoking:

Yea. Thank goodness that Kimi knows that silence is golden.

#1686 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:03

Yea. Thank goodness that Kimi knows that silence is golden.

Yup this is the thing that many people admire about him. He always refuses to get drawn into anything requiring finger pointing :up:

by the way, I made a new Kimi banner for Korea featuring what's all the rage these days - for a bit of fun! :drunk: Banner Hope u guys like it!

#1687 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:09

Yup this is the thing that many people admire about him. He always refuses to get drawn into anything requiring finger pointing :up:

by the way, I made a new Kimi banner for Korea featuring what's all the rage these days - for a bit of fun! :drunk: Banner Hope u guys like it!

Ha! Epic. Love that video. I will have to post that picture on FB. :up: If thats okay.

#1688 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:48

Didn't see the GP. So how did our boy race? After the first lap incident and a few guys out one could expect him to be a bit higher, what happened?

#1689 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50

Ha! Epic. Love that video. I will have to post that picture on FB. :up: If thats okay.

sure, it's all for fun and to share!

#1690 KavB

KavB

• 1,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:06

How likely do you guys think it is for Kimi to finish at least P3? McLaren were on a backfoot at Japan due to Button's penalty and Hamilton's poor set up. It'd be awesome if Kimi could hold on to 3rd, though he probably would prefer to finish 4th like Alonso last year, just so he doesn't have to go to the Gala :lol:

#1691 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:18

If only the Lotus was even half-decent after the Korea update, then maybe. After Japan I am not optimistic really. But things can and do change quickly these days, dont they?

#1692 beqa16v

beqa16v

• 146 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:26

How likely do you guys think it is for Kimi to finish at least P3? McLaren were on a backfoot at Japan due to Button's penalty and Hamilton's poor set up. It'd be awesome if Kimi could hold on to 3rd, though he probably would prefer to finish 4th like Alonso last year, just so he doesn't have to go to the Gala :lol:

Good one about the Gala.
Lets see how Mclaren carries on and how well the Lotus updates work. After Singapore it looked as both Mclaren drivers would cruise past. You cant predict anything these days.

#1693 Wander

Wander

• 2,258 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29

Didn't see the GP. So how did our boy race? After the first lap incident and a few guys out one could expect him to be a bit higher, what happened?

He broke his front wing a little bit with Alonso at the start. Don't know if it affected much, but for the whole race the pace was simply slower than the cars ahead and Hamilton got past with Mclarens 2 second quicker second pitstop.

These were the key moments for Kimi:

http://indavideo.hu/...imi_vs_Hamilton

#1694 wiry

wiry

• 158 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:48

He broke his front wing a little bit with Alonso at the start. Don't know if it affected much, but for the whole race the pace was simply slower than the cars ahead and Hamilton got

Kimi lost a pretty big piece of the front wing...
Posted Image

#1695 swerved

swerved

• 3,590 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:56

Kimi himself has said recently that the team needs to improve and they need more pace. And that is mostly what people are complaining about. Boullier himself has said that they have diverted too much resources into the device, comprising their other other updates and that is the other thing that people have complained about, so Boullier himself admitted that they have made the wrong decision. Boullier has placed himself in a position where he will always be questioned by deciding to be a team principle and a driver's manager, he could have just been a team principle like most of the others on grid but he choose not to be. Briatore was in the same position and people also questioned his motives on a continues basis. Those are the things that people have been questioning and it is valid. People are not complaining about every single thing that Lotus does, that is just exaggeration. Lotus had a slow pitstop today and no one complained it.

Thats a nice post :up: I agree with most of it, though i'm not interested in the Briatore era and i did complain yesterday about the pit stops, they have been woefully slow, I'd have to check on the F1 show on Sky but i'm pretty sure that before Suzuka they were 6th in the pit stop standings, I saw they claimed a 3.1 second stop yesterday, but from memory it was a 3.6 according to the on screen graphic, but again i'm not sure and will have to check, it is an area that needs improving though.

On the weekend as a whole ? Damage limitation is the phrase that springs to mind, a phrase that is in danger of becoming the default status, his spin in qualy didn't help of course, but as its his first major mistake in 15 races i think we can allow him that one.

Alonso's first corner squeeze also didn't help, but i'm glad Kimi stood his ground and showed good car control to keep it going in the right general direction, his refusal to allow Perez past was also a show of determination which was appreciated, the "fight" with Lewis showed great skill from both drivers, but once again demonstrated perfectly why Kimi is regarded as a fair, instinctive, and skilful driver, who knows how to balance risk and reward and is very very aware of whats happening around him.

So on balance a better weekend than some predicted, and certainly a better result than i expected deep down.

Again there are some positives, the record of completing every lap so far this season is retained, as is of course the 3rd position in the WDC,

14 points finishes in 15 races is a decent result, the win is still proving elusive though, and may not materialise this season given Red Bulls resurgence, so, on to Korea, lets hope the updates work better than the DDRS, otherwise we're probably back to damage limitation.

#1696 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:57

Also saw his move on Perez and it seemed too much agressive on that one. Oh well, still 3rd on the championship with a sub pair car. Nice run.

Edited by Taxi, 08 October 2012 - 12:58.

#1697 OSX

OSX

• 4,165 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:33

Kimi lost a pretty big piece of the front wing...
Posted Image

So he lost almost a whole endplate and along with that another fairly big portion of the wing. Surely that must have affected his car.

#1698 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:05

Is there an on board view from Kimi of the race start? That would certainly be an interesting piece of video I think.

#1699 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:24

Is there an on board view from Kimi of the race start? That would certainly be an interesting piece of video I think.

That's the strange thing, I haven't seen any onboard footage from Kimi at the start. They showed what happened between Kimi&Alonso from Hamilton, Massa and Grosjean's car, but strangely enough not from Kimi's car..

Advertisement

#1700 Masahiro

Masahiro

• 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:42

Kimi is now the only driver who has completed every laps this season.

http://www.f1fanatic.../#lapscompleted