#3152 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:44

Boullier got lost in the podium protocol

F1 | Turun Sanomat 00:15

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...toprotokollassa

Edited by Wolfie, 08 November 2012 - 17:31.

#3153 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:47

Congrats to Kimi and fans, he deserved a win like this for his global performance this season. :up:

#3154 911

• 2,207 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:50

Congrats to Kimi and fans, he deserved a win like this for his global performance this season. :up:

Congrats to Kimi and Lotus! Glad to see the Lotus name back on top of the podium for the first time since Detroit in 1987! Let's hope for more success in '12 & '13.

#3155 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:51

Congrats to Kimi and Lotus! Glad to see the Lotus name back on top of the podium for the first time since Detroit in 1987! Let's hope for more success in '12 & '13.

and hopefully they will stick with Lotus name for a longer xP it is just good for the sport to make such name back

#3156 Mc_Silver

Mc_Silver

• 2,157 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:52

Great job kimi, very well deserved win. After disappointment with McLaren, watching you as a winner made me feel better. I hope you will come back to McLaren in 2014.

#3157 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:55

btw Kimi was slowest in speed traps xD

That's cause Kimi never got to run DRS the whole race
Unusually everybody finished on the lead lap in Abu Dhabi :)

#3158 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,239 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 22:59

This is a weird after race atmosphere. On one side, one does want to be happy for Kimi beeing back on the top of the podium. But on the other side, for some reason he seems unable to really be happy about it, so its difficult to share this celebration. It appears everybody else on the grid would have appreciated or enjoyed that win more then him and that makes you think too bad nobody else won.

Edited by Kucki, 04 November 2012 - 23:00.

#3159 ZZei

ZZei

• 419 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:17

This is a weird after race atmosphere. On one side, one does want to be happy for Kimi beeing back on the top of the podium. But on the other side, for some reason he seems unable to really be happy about it, so its difficult to share this celebration. It appears everybody else on the grid would have appreciated or enjoyed that win more then him and that makes you think too bad nobody else won.

Im pretty sure if you saw him at eminems consert this evening you might change your opinion :D

Advertisement

#3160 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:18

If showing emotions on the podium is what makes one more deserving of a victory, then it makes me feel sad :|

Kimi is a Finn and he is the type who doesn't show his emotions to everybody. For one thing it's considered very rude if someone is mega-happy over winning something since it makes those who didn't win feel bad. It's often considered as arrogance and insensitivity if a Finn starts to jump up and down in front of those who lost.

Here is an example: When Kimi won his WDC he cried. Not in front of people, only Stella was aware of it. It was easy to see that he cried inside the helmet when seeing how he swayed it from one side to another.

So did he deserve to win the WDC although his tears weren't flooding on the podium?

What made me extremely proud of Kimi was how he fought for the team in this GP. He has lost his chances of winning the WDC, yet he said many times that he did it for the team and was happy for the team. If he would care only about himself, then he wouldn't had stressed over if he wins or not.

As for showing emotions... one just has to accept that he doesn't show them in public.

#3161 as65p

as65p

• 17,283 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:24

If showing emotions on the podium is what makes one more deserving of a victory, then it makes me feel sad :|

Kimi is a Finn and he is the type who doesn't show his emotions to everybody. For one thing it's considered very rude if someone is mega-happy over winning something since it makes those who didn't win feel bad. It's often considered as arrogance and insensitivity if a Finn starts to jump up and down in front of those who lost.

Here is an example: When Kimi won his WDC he cried. Not in front of people, only Stella was aware of it. It was easy to see that he cried inside the helmet when seeing how he swayed it from one side to another.

So did he deserve to win the WDC although his tears weren't flooding on the podium?

What made me extremely proud of Kimi was how he fought for the team in this GP. He has lost his chances of winning the WDC, yet he said many times that he did it for the team and was happy for the team. If he would care only about himself, then he wouldn't had stressed over if he wins or not.

As for showing emotions... one just has to accept that he doesn't show them in public.

Agree insofar as I don't care one bit what he does or does not do in public celebrations. Actually I thought that the emotions over the radio more than made up for it. :D That was classic stuff! :up:

#3162 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:46

The engineer's instruction to Räikkönen was left in it's own value

F1 | Turun Sanomat 00:55

http://www.ts.fi/moo... omaan arvoonsa

Edited by Wolfie, 08 November 2012 - 17:32.

#3163 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:49

Agree insofar as I don't care one bit what he does or does not do in public celebrations. Actually I thought that the emotions over the radio more than made up for it. :D That was classic stuff! :up:

Lol, you are right with that one :lol:

Did you hear his converstations with his co-driver in rally? Ouch... I didn't know Kimi swore so much, then again his co-driver wasn't much better in that department either :lol:

#3164 matt72

matt72

• 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 23:59

I don't want to sound like an hysterical fanboy, but I think Kimi and people like him might just save the world! In an era when everyone from politicians to policemen to racing drivers know that saying the right thing is more important than doing it, Kimi is a breath of fresh air. There would have been a PR monkey at Lotus going apoplectic at the sight of Kimi with a bottle of beer in his hand post race - Wrong image for an athlete, not an affiliated sponsor, culturally insensitive to our hosts! Oh my god, meltdown!

Kimi is a flash back to a time when people took responsibility for their own decisions and weren't dictated to by PR culture. He makes his position clear - let him race because he enjoys it, let him live the way he wants to, if that isn't OK for the sponsors or investors he'll go and do something else. If he makes a fool of himself or gets sacked or people think he's rude, he seems to be man enough to accept that, for better or worse. I'm not a massive fan but I'm glad he's there to offer some balance.

#3165 as65p

as65p

• 17,283 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:03

Lol, you are right with that one :lol:

Did you hear his converstations with his co-driver in rally? Ouch... I didn't know Kimi swore so much, then again his co-driver wasn't much better in that department either :lol:

Didn't gather any more of the rallye adventure than some bits talked about here on the forum and a few headlines, I think I already waste too much time following F1.  ;)

#3166 Jackie

Jackie

• 675 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:09

What a weird comment. This is Kimi. Wouldn't real race fans have been completely disappointed if he'd reacted in any other way? I imagine it takes a Finnish or British sense of humour to understand it...

It would have been so horrible to see a cringe-worthy Vettelesque victory malarkey.

Too bad nobody else won? What sort of weird comment is that?

#3167 Nobody

Nobody

• 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:11

:clap:

well done Kimi

#3168 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:14

Wow, and here Kulta takes up Kimi's celebration, lol

Divided celebration of the victory

F1 | Turun Sanomat 01:07

Turun Sanomat, Abu Dhabi

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...nen voittojuhla

#3169 DrF

DrF

• 1,446 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:22

I don't want to sound like an hysterical fanboy, but I think Kimi and people like him might just save the world! In an era when everyone from politicians to policemen to racing drivers know that saying the right thing is more important than doing it, Kimi is a breath of fresh air. There would have been a PR monkey at Lotus going apoplectic at the sight of Kimi with a bottle of beer in his hand post race - Wrong image for an athlete, not an affiliated sponsor, culturally insensitive to our hosts! Oh my god, meltdown!

Kimi is a flash back to a time when people took responsibility for their own decisions and weren't dictated to by PR culture. He makes his position clear - let him race because he enjoys it, let him live the way he wants to, if that isn't OK for the sponsors or investors he'll go and do something else. If he makes a fool of himself or gets sacked or people think he's rude, he seems to be man enough to accept that, for better or worse. I'm not a massive fan but I'm glad he's there to offer some balance.

That must have been non-alcoholic beer, considering where the race was being held.

Ya think?

#3170 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 541 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:30

I'll have to pop in to congratulate Kimi -- and all of you cheering him on, week in and week out. Feels good to see him finding the top podium during this season. Well deserved, indeed.

Wolfie summed up great the Finnish approach to victory celebrations, too. Thanks, by the way for all the translations, although I do get to enjoy 'Kullan tarinoita' aivan kotoisella kielellakin.

#3171 Zava

Zava

• 5,010 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:32

– I think that Kimi is just the same. Two years haven't changed him at all. And I don't even believe that he left because he wanted to leave. Different circumstances brought him back and he is just as good as he was before, Slade assured.

wow.

#3172 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:35

Räikkönen on his way to Schumacher's race lap -club

F1 | Turun Sanomat 01:16

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...akierroskerhoon

#3173 weareracing

weareracing

• 888 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:35

Left it late but THANK YOU Kimi Raikkonen.
As I approach my 60th year of life I am rewarded with a GP driver who races like my old heroes.
Kimi, Lewis, Fernando and Sebastian are the drivers of 2012.
Welcome back Matteus, you have been missed :up:

#3174 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,036 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:45

That must have been non-alcoholic beer, considering where the race was being held.

Ya think?

I think it's Beck's alcohol-free from Bremen, Germany. Could be also an Amstel - please, Dutch guys - confirm or disagree :D

Again, congrats to Kimi, amazing feeling, large parts of the F1 fan world will be celebratory for the next few days. A truly uplifting feeling, and a top podium!

#3175 Zava

Zava

• 5,010 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:48

kingfisher:
Posted Image
maybe suggesting he's going to force india after lotus. :p

#3176 beute

beute

• 1,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:51

Ya think?

not so sure about that.

The german RTL guys talked about how the United Arab Emirates are not THAT strict on alcohol.
It was said there were some hotels that serve alcoholic beverage, but not the one they lived in.
Also they obviously would not allow public display on the podium.

but it may be alcohol free beer after all.

#3177 Lazy Prodigy

Lazy Prodigy

• 2,452 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:52

So happy. :clap: :clap: Great job for Kimi. Even though Lewis had trouble, I am glad Kimi won with anything but the fastest car in the field. He could have cracked under Alonso's pressure but he kept tough. Always the mark of a good pilot. :up:

#3178 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 00:58

Farewell to rusts!

Kolumni 4.11.

Turun Sanomat, Abu Dhabi

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...yvasti ruosteet

Edited by Wolfie, 08 November 2012 - 17:33.

#3179 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:01

I'll have to pop in to congratulate Kimi -- and all of you cheering him on, week in and week out. Feels good to see him finding the top podium during this season. Well deserved, indeed.

Wolfie summed up great the Finnish approach to victory celebrations, too. Thanks, by the way for all the translations, although I do get to enjoy 'Kullan tarinoita' aivan kotoisella kielellakin.

Nice to get some Finnish confirmation when trying to explain how we are raised up in Finland :wave:

Suomalainen Sisu voitti tänään :up:

Advertisement

#3180 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:02

– I think that Kimi is just the same. Two years haven't changed him at all. And I don't even believe that he left because he wanted to leave. Different circumstances brought him back and he is just as good as he was before, Slade assured.

wow.

Zava, that sentence also left me thinking that there is an untold story that we are never going to hear...

#3181 dave34m

dave34m

• 475 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:16

He was clearly very happy in the car just after he won but then calmed down and tried to remain cool and elusive when being interviewed. Its all abit over the top really.

#3182 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:17

He was clearly very happy in the car just after he won but then calmed down and tried to remain cool and elusive when being interviewed. Its all abit over the top really.

no really, it's called being introverted

#3183 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:47

A beautiful and nerve-wrecking race in Abu Dhabi! Enjoyed every lap of it! Thank you Kimi for coming back and being your true self, we love you as you are! Thank you also to all the commentators and translators of foreign articles on here, it really is appreciated! Greetings from Greece!

#3184 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:59

anyone got a youtube of the 3 of them having the post race interview? The local station did nto show it! :evil:

Thanks in advance!!!

#3185 monaco

monaco

• 161 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:22

Well done, Kimi Raikkonen :clap:

#3186 Wander

Wander

• 2,279 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:40

I thought it might be interesting to look at some Kimi Räikkönen career statistics:

Kimi finishes even one of the remaining two races, it's a new record of races finished in one season. Right now he is tied for the record (18 races finished in one season).

He just overtook Barrichello for 5th in all time podiums with his 69th.
Still only 15th in total wins, though, but only one away from equaling Häkkinen.

His current streak of 15 points finishes could still go on for a long time, let's hope it does. Just shame about China.

#3187 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:19

I thought it might be interesting to look at some Kimi Räikkönen career statistics:

Kimi finishes even one of the remaining two races, it's a new record of races finished in one season. Right now he is tied for the record (18 races finished in one season).

Still only 15th in total wins, though, but only one away from equaling Häkkinen.

His current streak of 15 points finishes could still go on for a long time, let's hope it does. Just shame about China.

I feel so responsible for China - cos I wore theLotus Team t-shirt on raceday! I'll never ever do that again!!! Alonso for the WIN!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :drunk:

#3188 Wander

Wander

• 2,279 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:21

I feel so responsible for China - cos I wore theLotus Team t-shirt on raceday! I'll never ever do that again!!! Alonso for the WIN!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :drunk:

You know, you are way too superstitious.

Edited by Wander, 05 November 2012 - 04:43.

#3189 PMM3

PMM3

• 222 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:31

Please stop this. What you do have no impact on Kimi or anybody else.

#3190 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,473 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:45

I hate this thread, but damnit, I feel the need to express my joy of Kimi winning the race somewhere.

:D

#3191 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53

A quickie celebratory banner for Kimi!

Posted Image

#3192 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:54

Please stop this. What you do have no impact on Kimi or anybody else.

Well, I'll do it somewhere else where they do know what I do does! :well:

#3193 Wander

Wander

• 2,279 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:56

I hate this thread, but damnit, I feel the need to express my joy of Kimi winning the race somewhere.

:D

Why do you hate us? :confused: :cry:

And nice banner!

Edited by Wander, 05 November 2012 - 04:57.

#3194 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:01

Why do you hate us? :confused: :cry:

And nice banner!

Thanks Wander! I'm on a HIGH and I dunno when it will calm down! :rotfl:

#3195 swerved

swerved

• 3,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:10

Hi Swerwed, Victory Vodka, me likey :wave:

I am waiting for something from Mr. Kulta. Couldn't help but think that Kulta's heart probably bursted out of joy :clap:

Made me remember what he wrote in his book after Kimi won the WDC in 2007:

His was probably not the only one :blush: I think i stood about a foot from the TV from the minute Kimi moved into 2nd place, even the odd posts i made on here i didn't sit down to make until after the race, it was a gift of a day and although i've already rewatched the race i'll be doing so again tomorrow :D

It seemed an almost universally popular win for a 100% genuine racer and its great to read what Kulta and the rest of your own press are saying about it, I love reading Kulta's stuff because its always well informed, probably the Journo closest to Kimi if there is such a thing :lol: so thanks for your tireless efforts and translations, I know they must take a significant amount of time and research, this reader really appreciates them :clap: :clap:

#3196 OSX

OSX

• 4,207 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43

Posted Image

#3197 Wander

Wander

• 2,279 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:08

The three best of the current F1 drivers. Only Hamilton missing, those 4 guys are above the rest, clearly, and I can't separate them.

E: Don't you just wish you could see some of these guys drive in the same car (again)?

Edited by Wander, 05 November 2012 - 06:10.

#3198 grunge

grunge

• 4,305 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:12

nearly 14 hours gone and I still cant believe it..

#3199 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,884 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:18

nearly 14 hours gone and I still cant believe it..

more than that...race ended about 15 and half hours ago ;)

Advertisement

#3200 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,884 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:24

yup, posted those already earlier... Kimi has also finished 26 races in a row :) so far only Shumacher has finished all the laps in one season ( he had 17 races 2002), and so far Kimi has finished 18 this year (1065 laps).

Kimi's pointstreak (15) is 4th in all time list:
1.Schumacher 24
2.Alonso 23
3.Vettel 19
4.Räikkönen 15
Reutermann 15