kartinhero

• 321 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:12

Darren Heath photography ^

#3303 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:21

There is most likely truth about the words of financial difficulties but they are not as bad as said, they have even focused to build three cars in same time (2012,2013 and 2014). Kimi for surely has got paid, there is no doubt about that. and that Kimi has talked to FI and Sauber, I highly doubt that and even if it could be truth, it has happened sometime ago already and I'm pretty sure Kimi's camp didn't start the talks, they came from Sauber and FI. Kimi said he has talked with other teams, couple of them being better/bigger teams than Lotus.

#3304 Yoshi

Yoshi

• 958 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:40

Roger Benoit has good connections within the Formula 1, specially to Peter Sauber.
I think there is something true on this story.

#3305 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 13:00

Posted Image

Mr. Bored dozed off :rotfl:

#3306 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 13:11

Mr. Bored dozed off :rotfl:

He didn't doze off, he was busy playing Angry Birds.

#3307 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:05

And a few more Sunday shots...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3308 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:06

Kimi in party mode on Sunday night posing with Eddie Irvine's sister Sonia Irvine who's the founder of the Amber Lounge that arranges VIP parties during F1 race weekends.

Posted Image

#3309 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:06

:up: All I can add is that my intensity was two fold as a Raikkonen AND Vettel fan - but then again, I was probably at the upper threshold for excitement anyway. What A Race!!!

Man, you must have been the happiest person on Earth on Sunday! :)

#3310 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:16

Vesuvius, you asked about Turrini ;)

Here is a short thing from him (please remember that it's translated with google and corrections are made by someone (me) who doesn't speak Italian :blush:

So Turini has been shunned in the present Ferrari regime because of his support for Kimi!?

#3311 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,976 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:23

Kimi in party mode on Sunday night posing with Eddie Irvine's sister Sonia Irvine who's the founder of the Amber Lounge that arranges VIP parties during F1 race weekends.

Makia shirt :lol:

Edited by Jovanotti, 06 November 2012 - 14:23.

#3312 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:25

Don't worry about the Enstone team. There are rumours about their financial troubles on yearly basis.
Stick to the facts instead, like Genii rebuilding the factory, the wind tunnel, CFD and the building new simulator, also extending the deal with top driver on supposedly high salary.

If Genni were to pull the plug they wouldn't invest so much into the facilities.

I am particularly noticing the high salary of Raikkonen. His managers openly said he is top 3-4 in salary. I don't think a team in financial trouble can give that much money. I think this year's results would help them a lot. Boullier and Allison said that they are in talks with few parties and the recent results would put them in good stead, referring to more resources.

#3313 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:38

Makia shirt :lol:

Pays the drinks.  ;)

#3314 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 542 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:08

I am particularly noticing the high salary of Raikkonen. His managers openly said he is top 3-4 in salary. I don't think a team in financial trouble can give that much money. I think this year's results would help them a lot. Boullier and Allison said that they are in talks with few parties and the recent results would put them in good stead, referring to more resources.

Good point. To follow up: Kimi's high salary will most certainly be compensated for the team in the form of higher rates for and from sponsors and revenue increases of sales of Lotus merchandise.

Add to that the $$ that Kimi brings in from his track results -- and we can safely say that all parties ought to be quite content.

#3315 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:14

I'm sure the Robertson's will figure it out and keep Kimi in the right place - they are ridiculously good at managing him.

#3316 motorhead

motorhead

• 934 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:24

I don´t know how reliable is this source but to be in top 3-4 there has to be somekind of performance bonus then

#3317 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 534 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:24

Here are the radio messages from Kimi during the race. Great what he says in the end to the team: "This is for you."

http://www.dailymoti...hab-12-ice_auto

#3318 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 15:42

Good point. To follow up: Kimi's high salary will most certainly be compensated for the team in the form of higher rates for and from sponsors and revenue increases of sales of Lotus merchandise.

Add to that the $$ that Kimi brings in from his track results -- and we can safely say that all parties ought to be quite content.

If it does they're missing out, they've had no Raikkonen polo shirts in stock for months and months, and every time i've mailed them regarding when they'll have stock i've had the same reply (4 times this year) " we dont know" and this is from the shop on the teams site!!.

Whilst on Ebay, there's a sticker of the Lotus roundel in Black and Gold, with "KIMI" where the Lotus name would be, and the words "leave me alone i know what i'm doing" underneath, and the first one of those sold on Sunday at five to four in the afternoon, The marketing department at Lotus needs overhauling when their lead driver scores their first win and you cant even buy a T Shirt from them.

#3319 Pothead4Philosopher

Pothead4Philosopher

• 542 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:05

If it does they're missing out, they've had no Raikkonen polo shirts in stock for months and months, and every time i've mailed them regarding when they'll have stock i've had the same reply (4 times this year) " we dont know" and this is from the shop on the teams site!!.

In all honesty, I haven't looked at what the Lotus shop has on offer, but your story is certainly pointing out that they are missing out on capitalizing Kimi's popularity. Only reason I can think of is that they weren't as sure as thought, after all, that they will have him for the next season -- and didn't want to have a warehouse full of outdated stuff.

Hopefully they will get their act together during the winter break....

Advertisement

#3320 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:58

KR and SV dialogue before the podium ceremony was pretty funny, Vettel said "At least now the mulkut (dicks in Finnish) shut up", Kimi answered "Maybe", and "They always find something", after that VET said "Maybe one day."

#3321 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:00

Some guys here were wondering why it´s alway Simon Rennie and never Mark Slade who talk to Kimi at the pit radio!

Marc Priestley ‏@f1elvis
@jeremy_lord @fakewhitmarsh Mark's never talked to his drivers on the radio, he doesn't like doing it. Had someone else do it at MCL too.

#3322 MonacoMaster

MonacoMaster

• 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:03

Some guys here were wondering why it´s alway Simon Rennie and never Mark Slade who talk to Kimi at the pit radio!

But he would be a perfect man for the job then. :D

#3323 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:08

Never and never...in the beginning of the season Slade did talk to the radio but after that he has focused on other things to check car settings during race etc.

#3324 Wander

Wander

• 2,284 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:15

KR and SV dialogue before the podium ceremony was pretty funny, Vettel said "At least now the mulkut (dicks in Finnish) shut up", Kimi answered "Maybe", and "They always find something", after that VET said "Maybe one day."

That's actually not only funny, but quite interesting. Shows that he is actually aware of what the media say about him.

#3325 motorhead

motorhead

• 934 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:15

:up:

#3326 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:26

That's actually not only funny, but quite interesting. Shows that he is actually aware of what the media say about him.

Of course he is because he is always asked about those stupid things like why not winning. He himself don't read what is written on papers or in internet, he hears them from team members,friends,journalists and Riku Kuvaja.

#3327 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 17:32

At Austin Kimi has a chance to break F1 record, total amount of kilometers in one season.current record is set by Fnando Alonso 2011 5735,4 km/19 races....Kimi has now driven 5472,6 km in 18 races. Austin gp is 308,8 km so Kimi has that and interlagos time to break that record.

Edited by Vesuvius, 06 November 2012 - 17:33.

#3328 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,976 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:17

Imho Vettel is acting a bit like little fanboy in these situations, as also shown on the podium. Not particularly funny methinks.

#3329 K-One

K-One

• 5,917 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:43

It's evident that he is leaving Lotus and joining Force India - carrying that Kingfisher beer bottle revealed everything.

Plus their sponsors include also two whiskey brands, one vodka brand and another brewery....

Edited by K-One, 06 November 2012 - 18:45.

#3330 WorldDomination

WorldDomination

• 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 18:44

Kimi Sunday night with Finnish rap-duo JVG:

Posted Image

Kimi invited them to Abu Dhabi to watch the race.

nice hats btw :rotfl:

#3331 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 20:39

I don´t know how reliable is this source but to be in top 3-4 there has to be somekind of performance bonus then

Kimi will be in the top 3-4 in 2013. That is a 2012 list and it cannot be very accurate as the driver contracts are confidential.

#3332 DrF

DrF

• 1,549 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:32

Imho Vettel is acting a bit like little fanboy in these situations, as also shown on the podium. Not particularly funny methinks.

They are good friends.

#3333 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:40

They are good friends.

They will be team mates in 2014 .... ALL the signs are there now.

#3334 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:45

Not sure that they meant the media.... also, interesting that Vettel chose to use those words, not Kimi... but again Finnish is the distant 5th language for Vettel (who actually knows many many phrases and evens songs in Finnish ...).

#3335 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:46

agree.

#3336 TheUltimateWorrier

TheUltimateWorrier

• 859 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:48

They will be team mates in 2014 .... ALL the signs are there now.

What signs?

#3337 OSX

OSX

• 4,262 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:57

What signs?

Posted Image

#3338 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:58

[quote name='Wolfie' date='Nov 6 2012, 11:46' post='6013526']
Oh, thank you so much Adelaide, so sweet of you to say :)

Let me also join Adelaide in thanking you Wolfie. I live abroad (have for years) and I would like to do more to help the international F1 community to understand how my countrymen are presented in Finnish media, but I simply do not have time.

Wolfie, you are a star and a great, great fan!

#3339 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 22:01

What signs?

One year Lotus contract

Christian Horner's praise after the raise.

Helmut Marko's very hard criticism of Webber's performance ( in Abu Dhabi).

Advertisement

#3340 beute

beute

• 1,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 22:29

One year Lotus contract

Christian Horner's praise after the raise.

Helmut Marko's very hard criticism of Webber's performance ( in Abu Dhabi).

we had those rumours every year now, and since webber had off performances like that every year we also heard the same criticism from Marko...

Red Bull was definitely interested in him in 2009.
they probably were not sure about it in 2010/2011 after seeing how michaels comeback turned out, fortunately Kimis comeback turned out better :p

#3341 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,043 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 22:40

hmm, not forgetting that Kimi turned down Mclaren when Hammy was confirmed to be leaving...

I am not sure if he really turned them down, he simply did not want to get tangled up with Santander, again. Remember what Martin said -- very craftily -- when they signed Perez...

"Lewis and Jenson are great ambassadors and great assets, but for some of our partners to have a European and a Latin in our team is very appealing," said Whitmarsh.
"You'll never please everyone, but there were some partners who were uncomfortable with the Britishness of our team and its line-up, and clearly we have a broader appeal now."
Those commercial considerations were perhaps why Perez was given the opportunity rather than Paul Di Resta, despite the Scot's impressive performances over the last two years at Force India.
"I know Paul very well and I rate him," added Whitmarsh. "But it would probably have been a little bit too continuing with the British theme to have gone that route."
source: ESPNstar

Translation:
- Some of our partners = Santander
- Uncomfortable = mandate for having a Latin driver in the line-up because non-Latin drivers cannot be PR leveraged in the part of the world they are interested in for business purposes.

These constraints essentially ruled out Kimi or Paul or whoever were the other possible non-Latin driver candidates... this stuff is from the same playbook -- Massa or Perez, are the objects of the same Santander deal because of their ethnicity/demographics. Kimi is too smart, (and now experienced after the Ferrari situation) to touch this type of PR inbreeding even with a 10 foot pole. Ferrari and McLaren are pretty much micro-managed by the bank (remember the attempt to move him to McLaren back in 2010 within the same compensation package for leaving Ferrari to which Kimi had to show the middle finger to...)

In short, these days it is nearly impossible to analyze driver moves independent of commercial sponsor, PR, ethnicity and geography considerations. As far as sporting and racing matters (theoretical F1) McLaren would have signed him in a heart beat but they simply couldn't do it because of commercial stuff... It really is a remarkable circus, with all this spin and craftily packaged bull sh*t that not even the Finnish press questions or digs into...

In any event, I think this is why Kimi appeared to turn down the McLaren possibility which was not even there to begin with... In my opinion, in these conditions the only top option for Kimi is RBR after the next season...

#3342 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 343 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 23:35

we had those rumours every year now, and since webber had off performances like that every year we also heard the same criticism from Marko...

Red Bull was definitely interested in him in 2009.
they probably were not sure about it in 2010/2011 after seeing how michaels comeback turned out, fortunately Kimis comeback turned out better :p

Well, Mark said himself that almost every year he hears that Kimi will replace him... And just in case decided to crash his front wing in Brazil 2009 in his own words .. It had to be done.

However, this time I feel (yes ... feel) that it will actually happen. Let's wait one year and then we will see ....

Edited by autosportfan, 06 November 2012 - 23:35.

#3343 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:58

*this coming from Planet F1.com.... :eek: I am shocked to say the least. Did they forget the Kimi Bashing pills at home or something.

Conclusions From The Abu Dhabi GP
http://www.planetf1....-From-Abu-Dhabi

While Kimi Raikkonen reminds, Sebastian Vettel divides, and the world's fastest sport sometimes goes far too slowly.

Kimi Raikkonen: he really does know what he is doing
Welcome back to the big time.

If the cheap line is that only Raikkonen could lead a grand prix whilst simultaneously providing comedy gold, the serious retort has to be that only a driver of his rare skill could deliver the race's fastest lap immediately after being released from the cooling-down shackles of a Safety Car. Memo to Lotus: you really don't need to tell Kimi how to keep his tyres in working order.

The message to the sport as a whole should also be heeded loud and clear: despite retiring from view to spend two years digging rally cars out of snowy ditches, Raikkonen remains the real deal.

His speed is formidable and, after inheriting the lead when Lewis Hamilton retired, he controlled the race in masterful fashion. His talent is supreme and, although there are always too few World titles for all the worthy and deserving causes, too good for his career to end with just a solitary Championship.

In F1, the hardest tenth is the final tenth that separates the frontrunners from the winners, but if Lotus can improve their package next season by as little as a couple of percentage points then Raikkonen still has everything required to win more than just the occasional grand prix.

#3344 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:12

*this coming from Planet F1.com.... :eek: I am shocked to say the least. Did they forget the Kimi Bashing pills at home or something.

Conclusions From The Abu Dhabi GP
http://www.planetf1....-From-Abu-Dhabi

While Kimi Raikkonen reminds, Sebastian Vettel divides, and the world's fastest sport sometimes goes far too slowly.

Kimi Raikkonen: he really does know what he is doing
Welcome back to the big time.

If the cheap line is that only Raikkonen could lead a grand prix whilst simultaneously providing comedy gold, the serious retort has to be that only a driver of his rare skill could deliver the race's fastest lap immediately after being released from the cooling-down shackles of a Safety Car. Memo to Lotus: you really don't need to tell Kimi how to keep his tyres in working order.

The message to the sport as a whole should also be heeded loud and clear: despite retiring from view to spend two years digging rally cars out of snowy ditches, Raikkonen remains the real deal.

His speed is formidable and, after inheriting the lead when Lewis Hamilton retired, he controlled the race in masterful fashion. His talent is supreme and, although there are always too few World titles for all the worthy and deserving causes, too good for his career to end with just a solitary Championship.

In F1, the hardest tenth is the final tenth that separates the frontrunners from the winners, but if Lotus can improve their package next season by as little as a couple of percentage points then Raikkonen still has everything required to win more than just the occasional grand prix.

wow, very high praise!

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 07 November 2012 - 03:22.

#3345 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:46

Posted Image

#3346 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:57

Kimi 2012 season collection of Quotes!!

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

#3347 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:03

Vettel congratulating Kimi Onboard - Abu Dhabi GP 2012 - F1

Omer Farooq (observation on FB) 4 hand gestures. Thumbs up, OK, a clenched fist and finally the famous finger xD

#3348 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:04

http://haskimikeptitcool.com/

Don't know if it has been posted yet, but Lotus really makes lots of PR stuff out of Kimi's antics!

Edited by fatd, 07 November 2012 - 04:08.

#3349 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:04

Vettel congratulating Kimi Onboard - Abu Dhabi GP 2012 - F1

Omer Farooq (observation on FB) 4 hand gestures. Thumbs up, OK, a clenched fist and finally the famous finger xD

#3350 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:17

Nice collection & graphic add-ons to "Sex Bomb" music :lol: :lol:

The other side of Kimi Räikkönen = Dirty Kimi
http://www.youtube.c...;feature=fvwrel

Edited by BackOnTop, 07 November 2012 - 04:18.