Photo

Kimi Raikkonen - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4052 replies to this topic

#3901 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:11

He's an old man who has seen it all but learnt nothing about F1. The reason he is still working for MTV3 is unknown.

Last year had a nice chat with him and the rest of the MTV3 team at the airport in Barcelona after GP. Found him a very nice guy and a true gent. Not joining with the riot...

Advertisement

#3902 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:12

He's an old man who has seen it all but learnt nothing about F1. The reason he is still working for MTV3 is unknown.

Last year had a nice chat with him and the rest of the MTV3 team at the airport in Barcelona after GP. Found him a very nice guy and a true gent. I'm not joining the riot...

#3903 Trust

Trust

• 3,195 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:15

I'm sure after all of this, Kimi doesn't plan to continue with Lotus in 2014. I suspect he has some kind of a deal.

#3904 MonacoMaster

MonacoMaster

• 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:20

Last year had a nice chat with him and the rest of the MTV3 team at the airport in Barcelona after GP. Found him a very nice guy and a true gent. I'm not joining the riot...

Well, he might very well be a nice guy but he doesn't bring anything to the show. I know many nice guys but I wouldn't put any of the to commentate F1 weekend.

Edited by MonacoMaster, 20 November 2012 - 21:21.

#3905 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:26

Well, he might very well be a nice guy but he doesn't bring anything to the show. I know many nice guys but I wouldn't put any of the to commentate F1 weekend.

Well found this "He's an old man who has seen it all but learnt nothing about F1. The reason he is still working for MTV3 is unknown." as a quite strong opinion. Suppose the one who posted it knows exactly how to do it and with whom? For sure it takes more tha a disrespectful attitude.

My fifty cents for the discussion at the matter are given. Good night!

Edited by Sammyosammy, 20 November 2012 - 21:26.

#3906 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,026 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:27

He is without a doubt nice guy! But his knowledge of F1 is not good enough despitate the fact he has followed the sport for so long. Like last weekend he saw Olivier Panis on tv and talked about his career achievements ( 5 podiums, one of them win). He claimed his one win came with Ligier 1995 when it actually came with Prost at monaco 1996 and then he said his 4 other podiums came with McLaren after that....Lol guy never raced with McLaren, he was test driver for them. Mustakari should know better with his experience!

Edited by Vesuvius, 20 November 2012 - 21:30.

#3907 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,066 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:48

Kimi's pass on Hulk. Damn I'm glad he's back. Great driving here. Onboard at end of video shows how truly good Kimi's race-craft is..

http://m.youtube.com.....v=FZGbCBeP5po

#3908 MonacoMaster

MonacoMaster

• 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:56

Well found this "He's an old man who has seen it all but learnt nothing about F1. The reason he is still working for MTV3 is unknown." as a quite strong opinion. Suppose the one who posted it knows exactly how to do it and with whom? For sure it takes more tha a disrespectful attitude.

Yes, I believe there are much better persons for the task in Finland.

#3909 MonacoMaster

MonacoMaster

• 104 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:59

Kimi's pass on Hulk. Damn I'm glad he's back. Great driving here. Onboard at end of video shows how truly good Kimi's race-craft is..

Yeah, awesome driving. It never ceases to amaze me how he sees the track and his position related to the other drivers as he does. :up:

#3910 Wander

Wander

• 2,281 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 22:02

The only problem with mr. Mustakiikari is that even I have more expertise of Formula 1 than he does.

#3911 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,038 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:27

There is nothing wrong with the steering! Kimi's just want more sensitive one but there is and have been nothing wrong with Lotus steering wheels.

"adequate enough but still not to his liking" according to Slade (39:20)

#3912 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 23:58

I love F1.con interviews! Here is another one =)

http://www.formula1....test Interviews

Did F1.com acquire a certain photo album?

This is a nice interview a bit different then normal.

#3913 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35

Awesome, I overslept the first half of the race, so I missed this overtake. That's great move, aggressive but very calculated one :up: :up:

#3914 quidam

quidam

• 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:37

And RoGro pass 2 world champions :smoking:

http://en.espnf1.com...16900/16965.jpg

#3915 Masahiro

Masahiro

• 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:53

And RoGro pass 2 world champions :smoking:

http://en.espnf1.com...16900/16965.jpg

But spins just after.

Edited by Masahiro, 21 November 2012 - 07:04.

#3916 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:20

I'm sure after all of this, Kimi doesn't plan to continue with Lotus in 2014. I suspect he has some kind of a deal.

So he didnt sign with McLaren?
It is rather unlikely. I dont see RBR for example hiring 35 year old guy. And tbh he won't go to Ferrari neither McLaren. And other teams are worse than Lotus
Maybe he will just retire

#3917 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:38

The Hulk did a great job there too, great fair driving by both of them.

#3918 beefree88

beefree88

• 116 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:01

So he didnt sign with McLaren?
It is rather unlikely. I dont see RBR for example hiring 35 year old guy. And tbh he won't go to Ferrari neither McLaren. And other teams are worse than Lotus
Maybe he will just retire

No offence guys, but if he'd operate by the way you judge things, he'd have retired in 2009 already. Maybe even earlier. Actually he had not much chance to get an F1 contract in the first place. With only a 23 single seater experience, and no financial backings how much hope he had?

#3919 Avastrol

Avastrol

• 385 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:17

He can take Webber's place in RB as the old crusty vet who only signs one-year deals.

Advertisement

#3920 KavB

KavB

• 1,123 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 13:59

I looked back at Kimi's finishing record and was surprised that he barely retires from a race other than when suffering mechanical issues!

He would have finished every race in 2007 and 2009 bar mechanical failures. In 2008 he had two crashes in Spa and Singapore, though he was still classified. In 2005 he only retired due to failures and that infamous last lap retirement at Nurburgring.

I always knew Kimi barely makes any mistakes, but I didn't realise his finishing record is this good!

#3921 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 14:04

Translation by Nicole

Lotus-team's economy in the toilet - Ecclestone is paying Räikkönen's salary?

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

There is more information coming in about Lotus-team's poor finanacial situation. According to Auto Motor und Sport, salaries to employees in Lotus-team are more or less overdue.

Lotus is now waiting for the next payment from F1-boss Bernie Ecclestone so that the team can pay the salaries to stardriver Kimi Räikkönen and 493 employees.... continue reading here

#3922 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 14:35

Really, really nice banner! Love the composition with the Brazilian flag. :)

Thanks :blush: I try to incorporate the country that a GP is in but sometimes it just can't fit nicely - Like Austin's so there was no US flag in the banner... I've only ever done these banners in my entire life so I hope to get better at them as the seasons go by :cat:

#3923 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,225 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 14:50

Translation by Nicole

Lotus-team's economy in the toilet - Ecclestone is paying Räikkönen's salary?

21.11.2012 Ilta-Sanomat

There is more information coming in about Lotus-team's poor finanacial situation. According to Auto Motor und Sport, salaries to employees in Lotus-team are more or less overdue.

Lotus is now waiting for the next payment from F1-boss Bernie Ecclestone so that the team can pay the salaries to stardriver Kimi Räikkönen and 493 employees.... continue reading here

Wu8 Da fuq :eek:

Edited by eronrules, 21 November 2012 - 14:50.

#3924 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,026 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 14:52

Wu8 Da fuq :eek:

What is so strange in there? :s it has been written here many times that they will pay salaries etc with WCC money, nothing new there.

Edited by Vesuvius, 21 November 2012 - 14:52.

#3925 fum3s

fum3s

• 470 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 16:47

What I find strange is that if 493 employees hadn't been paid, surely at least one of them would actually have said so, and that would have been reported. No names, just the story. :confused:

#3926 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,225 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 17:29

What I find strange is that if 493 employees hadn't been paid, surely at least one of them would actually have said so, and that would have been reported. No names, just the story. :confused:

:up: that

and it's hard to imagine Scruge bernie mcduck Eccelstone paying anything out of his pocket. i thought WCC money is given at the end of the season cause there is always the possibility of getting DSQ'd during a season.

#3927 hello86

hello86

• 3,660 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 18:16

But I didnt hear a dementi yet!

#3928 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 18:23

I think Kimi's comeback, and particularly the sensation caused by the race he won, has been worth a lot of gold for Bernie. Kimi's one of the main and most olorful characters of the story of F1 2012, and that's worth a lot of money.

#3929 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 514 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:10

Pfft that's just wrong title for the article. "Ecclestone paying the money for KIMI". Good way to attract viewers. Like he would do it personally. Bernie's company pays the constructors championship money for the team and the team pays some salaries with that money like most of the teams. Nothing unusual in those rumors even if they were true. If they couldn't pay it, Kimi could probably just walk away after this season is completed without any consequences. Why would anyone offer someone a contract that they can't afford?

I would guess that everything is fine at Lotus and someone just brought up an old rumor. You can see just by looking at the car that they're getting money from every direction.

#3930 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:55

Even if it is simply a rumor, i got the feeling 2013 will be a struggling year for kimi as Lotus won't be able to fight the big teams + Mercedes who have lot of money. Even force India seems to have an important cash income. He knows best what to do with his career but he's a bit stuck the way Alonso was in 2008-9.

#3931 spinster

spinster

• 618 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:14

Even if it is simply a rumor, i got the feeling 2013 will be a struggling year for kimi as Lotus won't be able to fight the big teams + Mercedes who have lot of money. Even force India seems to have an important cash income. He knows best what to do with his career but he's a bit stuck the way Alonso was in 2008-9.

they won't struggle bcs 2013 cars are similar to 2012...

Lotus will be able to fight for WDC in 2013, 2014 is a different case!

#3932 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,026 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:21

Don't know about that, AMUS wrote they have te budget for next year already just the salaries not paid. Allison told already around hockenheim that their main focus is on 2013 car but tey will bring updates to 2012 as well.so I think 2013 car should be really strong but it's depending a lot about Pirelli as they told tyres will be completely different and has effect on aerodynamics of te cars. 2014 rules will change so difficult to know who will be strong.

#3933 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,884 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:58

dont know why, but I find it funny :lol: :
Grosjean's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them.
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104459

#3934 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:11

dont know why, but I find it funny :lol: :
Grosjean's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them.
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104459

People often think it's arrogance or something like that from Kimi's side, but he has said that simulators make him sea sick.

When he was in Monaco GP for the first time in his yacht he spent the first night on the yacht. The next day he crashed during practice and that's when he heard that a driver should never spend the night on a boat before driving practice since it seriously messes up the balance system. After that he spends the nights in the hotel during race weekends.

For a highly sensitive person it might be a pain to spend time in a simulator, go and tell. Maybe these two things have nothing in common, sleeping on a boat and being in a simulator, but it would make sense if his balance system somehow suffers from a simulator also :confused:

#3935 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:13

Correction: Sense of balance - it might be a more accurate word.

#3936 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,884 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:18

People often think it's arrogance or something like that from Kimi's side, but he has said that simulators make him sea sick.

I know that, it is just worded in a way that makes you think what the hell?

#3937 OSX

OSX

• 4,247 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:20

Burn Enters Formula 1 Racing
22 November 2012

Posted Image

We're honoured to announce that we have joined the Lotus F1 team and are set to enter the world of Formula 1 racing.

The Lotus team is the number one emerging challenger in the sport and has demonstrated exceptional creativity in their approach to Formula 1. We indeed to foster that creativity by incorporating art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional F1 sponsorship.

“We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company [via burn] has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership,” said Eric Boullier, Team Principal, Lotus F1 Team. “We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media.”

Start your engines!

http://burn.com/en_G...la1_racing.html

#3938 swerved

swerved

• 3,677 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:37

Can i have a Burn and Ice, man.

Good news for the team :up:

#3939 OSX

OSX

• 4,247 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:38

Coca-Cola's Burn Brand to Back Lotus in 2013
22 November 2012

Posted Image

The Coca-Cola Company has confirmed it will sponsor the Lotus Formula 1 team through its Burn brand next season.

Burn will join an F1 grid that features increasing amounts of energy drink sponsorship by companies such as Red Bull, TNT and Monster.

"We are proud that The Coca-Cola Company [via Burn] has chosen Lotus F1 Team as the best vehicle to represent the burn brand in its most high profile partnership," said team boss Eric Boullier.

"We are excited to partner with burn to build a new and innovative model for sponsorships that will combine experiences, content creation and social media."

Burn said in a statement that it plans to incorporate "art and music in a way that will break the conventions of traditional F1 sponsorship".

The team said details of the sponsorship will be revealed in 2013 when the partnership officially launches.

http://uk.eurosport....-130541479.html

Advertisement

#3940 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,038 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:40

McLaren was trying to sign them as well right? This will be a good win for Lotus, and chances are they got the deal partly because of Kimi.

#3941 OSX

OSX

• 4,247 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:47

"The Coca-Cola Company will return to Formula 1 in January 2013 through its global energy brand 'burn' in a multi-year sponsorship of Lotus F1 Team. Details of the sponsorship will be revealed in 2013 when the partnership officially launches."

http://www.lotusf1te...22.html?lang=en

#3942 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:53

Lotus' brand new simulator is finally up and running, but Kimi Raikkonen will not drive in the simulator, because he is not keen on using them. :lol:
So plenty of simulator work for the reserve drivers

Edited by F.M., 22 November 2012 - 13:54.

#3943 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,225 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:56

The ICEMAN and BURN energy drink ... a match made in Advertising heaven

'' BURN with ICE ''

should be the new F1 meme :love:

#3944 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,225 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:58

McLaren was trying to sign them as well right? This will be a good win for Lotus, and chances are they got the deal partly because of Kimi.

i think it's more to do with the fact that Mclaren already advertises 'Lucozade' brand from GSK and mercedes has a sponsorship with 'Monster'

F1 2013, the battle of the drinks companies :smoking:

Edited by eronrules, 22 November 2012 - 13:58.

#3945 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:59

The ICEMAN and BURN energy drink ... a match made in Advertising heaven

'' BURN with ICE ''

should be the new F1 meme :love:

You should work for the marketing department at Coke for god-sakes

#3946 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:07

So now we atleast can drop one team out for 2014. There's no RB & Kimi to come. Mr. Webber - you're free to breath

#3947 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,026 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:12

So now we atleast can drop one team out for 2014. There's no RB & Kimi to come. Mr. Webber - you're free to breath

Why just one? McLaren has energy drink sponsors too,So does Mercedes and Ferrari has TNT :) Kimi can still go to RBR or enywhere he wants, if he wants...

#3948 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,266 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:18

Sammy, you lost me there :)
The deal is with the team, not with Kimi, right? Actually, it could be a good movement from another energy drink to 'steal' Coca-Cola's driver.

#3949 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:21

if he wants...

....yeah, in a dream world.

RB & Kimi used to have a very close relationship. Now he is one of the main reasons Coke is bringing this Burn-thing onboard. Use your thinking.

#3950 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,026 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:28

....yeah, in a dream world.

RB & Kimi used to have a very close relationship. Now he is one of the main reasons Coke is bringing this Burn-thing onboard. Use your thinking.

It doesn't change anything, kimi can go if he wants. Kimi has no plans to leave for now but 2014 who knows , he can leave F1 perminately.Kimi has had sponsorship deal with Red Bull for many years until 2012..it didn't stop coca-cola to join with him and coca-cola wont stop Kimi leaving.

Edited by Vesuvius, 22 November 2012 - 14:29.