Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#51 Coral

Coral

• 2,714 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 21:23

Did Lewis say something in Italian on the podium?

Yes, he said "ciao a tutti". He tweeted in Italian as well! :love:

Advertisement

#52 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,206 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 21:26

Have they? Red Bull and Ferrari have dominated the races at Interlagos the past few years.

They may not have won, but they have been at the sharp end, which in my book equals competitive.

#53 anti

anti

• 380 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 21:45

Hamilton vs Perez lap chart

#54 Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

• 751 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 21:53

I'm a huge fan, but I've learned not to take anything for granted with Lewis

Sums up being a Hamilton fan totally.
Never a dull moment.....

#55 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 22:31

Never seen a person look so pissed off after he just dominated and won a grand prix to put him in championship contention. Strange

#56 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,252 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 22:40

Never seen a person look so pissed off after he just dominated and won a grand prix to put him in championship contention. Strange

Did you see Prost after winning the 1989 WDC?

#57 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,298 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 22:48

Did you see Prost after winning the 1989 WDC?

Yes completely different scenario

#58 drunkenmaster

drunkenmaster

• 325 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 23:49

Did Lewis say something in Italian on the podium?

Yes, he said "ciao a tutti". He tweeted in Italian as well! :love:

Yeah, and the Tifosi thanked him by booing him... :rolleyes:

Will Buxton: Mr @LewisHamilton told me Monza podium an unemotional experience. "Hard to enjoy it when you're being booed... But I don't care. I won!"
https://twitter.com/...813404106276865

#59 teejay

teejay

• 3,575 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:03

The Sling is defo a Lewis track..... very technical and a lot of emphasis on the brakes - but I wouldn't be surprised to see JB do very, very well at Suzuka. Fast and flowing.... right up his street.

IF, and big IF, but if Lewis takes another chunk of points of Alonso at Sing, and Button finishes behind, surely by Japan the team will need to begin thinking about backing Lewis.

Advertisement

#60 bauss

bauss

• 4,946 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:10

I'm looking forward to all the coming tracks pace wise, they are either twisty or high speed or both... any track with lots of corners is good for LH to strut his stuff...especially nowadays without the EBD blunting some of his advantage over other drivers in the recent past.

The main cause for concern is that 37 points is still a lot and one would need loads of clean races to make that up, assuming Teflonso keeps up his form/good luck.... I really hope he can enjoy that.

#61 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:14

They may not have won, but they have been at the sharp end, which in my book equals competitive.

I dont believe they've had a race winning car though

#62 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 00:16

I guess this puts to bed Lewis not being that good around Monza?

#63 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:34

Posted Image

Great day yesterday.

#64 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,206 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:39

I dont believe they've had a race winning car though

I don't think that's an indicator of how they may perform this year.

#65 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:57

IF, and big IF, but if Lewis takes another chunk of points of Alonso at Sing, and Button finishes behind, surely by Japan the team will need to begin thinking about backing Lewis.

I very much doubt that would happen. Didn't Ron state that they are not interested in WDC only races wins? McLaren is not a driven team IMO. I lost a lot of respect for Ron and McLaren after that. Ferrari would never say such a ridiculous thing neither would Red Bull. I am almost inclined to believe they would rather Lewis not win WDC if he cant give them a guarantee he would sign with them next year. Most teams would rather take the WDC and lose the driver not McLaren :down:

#66 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,135 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:19

They'd be idiots if they didn't!

#67 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:40

They should back him now, he's Alonso's closest challenger.

#68 josepatches

josepatches

• 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 13:50

They should back him now, he's Alonso's closest challenger.

This

#69 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,429 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 14:45

New interview.

http://www.formula1....12/9/13783.html

#70 SR388

SR388

• 3,700 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 14:51

New interview.

Reassuring.

#71 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,390 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:23

Lol.

Safe to say that Gary Anderson is not a Hamilton fan!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/19545870

#72 DonaldDuck

DonaldDuck

• 299 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:46

Lol.

He doesnt like Mclaren in toto. I think he is jealous or something. I remember how much he loathed the car when it was launched, no stepped nose, I tell you mark my words no victories either. Probably seeing how Mclaren is doing with 5 wins is making him eat sour humble pie, and the disgusting taste he got in his mouth sure attacks Mclaren's people!

#73 OoxLox

OoxLox

• 436 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:50

I guess this puts to bed Lewis not being that good around Monza?

2008 did that emphatically in my book even if he didn't win :p

I've been waiting for him to complete the four classics since he (officially) won at Spa in 2010. Someone must have a DB where we can pull out the stats but I think it's a pretty small list of drivers who have won Monaco, Silverstone, Spa and Monza. Of the current grid, I think only LH, SV, FA and of course MSC have done it.

#74 DonaldDuck

DonaldDuck

• 299 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:53

I've been waiting for him to complete the four classics since he (officially) won at Spa in 2010. Someone must have a DB where we can pull out the stats but I think it's a pretty small list of drivers who have won Monaco, Silverstone, Spa and Monza. Of the current grid, I think only LH, SV, FA and of course MSC have done it.

FA Hasnt won at Spa. Only Lewis, Schumi and Vettel to have won at all these classics.

#75 Moore

Moore

• 380 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:55

I believe only LH, SV and MSC have done it.

FA has never won Spa.

#76 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,931 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 16:56

He doesnt like Mclaren in toto. I think he is jealous or something. I remember how much he loathed the car when it was launched, no stepped nose, I tell you mark my words no victories either. Probably seeing how Mclaren is doing with 5 wins is making him eat sour humble pie, and the disgusting taste he got in his mouth sure attacks Mclaren's people!

This pretty much sums it up, Mclaren have proved him wrong. They currently have the best car, their solution is best.

#77 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:05

Lol.

What makes you think so?
Only "negative" thing about Lewis he says is: "Hamilton can be a bit of a spoilt kid at times"
Something that I've seen even his staunchest supporters admit

Edited by ayali, 10 September 2012 - 17:08.

#78 OoxLox

OoxLox

• 436 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:08

I believe only LH, SV and MSC have done it.

FA has never won Spa.

Yep, you're both right and I should have checked up. He's won it in F3000 but not F1. Just goes to show you.

#79 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:20

What does that mean ?

Advertisement

#80 SR388

SR388

• 3,700 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:27

What does that mean ?

in toto

#81 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 19:56

He even said in Monza that he thinks McLaren went down the wrong path with no step in their nose, how can he still say that?

#82 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,931 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 20:31

We can say that in 2012 Lewis has proved he can manage his tyres!

Myth busted.

#83 Curt000

Curt000

• 207 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 21:27

Lewis needs to sort this crap attitude he's showing . Sunday when he won he wasn't even that happy .miserable sod.

#84 speng

speng

• 1,248 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 21:32

Lewis needs to sort this crap attitude he's showing . Sunday when he won he wasn't even that happy .miserable sod.

:lol: :lol: If one cannot criticize his driving then maybe his mood is just as good

Edited by speng, 10 September 2012 - 21:33.

#85 ZooL

ZooL

• 2,063 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 21:32

He even said in Monza that he thinks McLaren went down the wrong path with no step in their nose, how can he still say that?

Because he's right. McLaren in the end introduced a stepped nose as much as they could due to the tub regulations. McLaren got it wrong and they admitted as much, they said the higher nose allows them to manipulate more airflow around the coke bottle for downforce. They were even seen testing a stepped nose profile for next years car and how it will affect visibility.

Next year you will see McLaren launch with a fully stepped nose although I understand the FIA are looking to change the regulations on them.

Had McLaren launched with a fully stepped nose this year they would have even more of a performance advantage.

Edited by ZooL, 10 September 2012 - 21:34.

#86 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,906 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:54

New interview.

"‘Please, I have 15 laps more to go - not me again.’ " :lol:

#87 PEW

PEW

• 1,064 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 18:45

"‘Please, I have 15 laps more to go - not me again.’ " :lol:

When did Lewis have a car failure this season?

#88 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 18:49

We can say that in 2012 Lewis has proved he can manage his tyres!

Myth busted.

Monza = not too many lateral corners.

Medium and hard Pirelli tyres.

But yes he did well. But on tracks with softer compounds, higher temperatures and longer corners he'll still struggle on that aspect.

#89 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,788 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 19:23

But yes he did well. But on tracks with softer compounds, higher temperatures and longer corners he'll still struggle on that aspect.

We'll see, he's been managing them much better than his team mate this year.

Edited by Kvothe, 11 September 2012 - 19:24.

#90 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,206 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 23:17

When did Lewis have a car failure this season?

Germany.

#91 F1isZen

F1isZen

• 90 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:26

And Valencia???

#92 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 16:16

Just like he did in Barca? Or Hungary?

#93 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 20:40

I just looked at the standings and subconsciously am hopeful of an LH win in the WDC I have always thought the gap to Alonso was too much to overcome. Mainly becos of the points gap. but looking back to the 2010 season I was surprised at the stats and how much ground Alonso made up in the 2nd half

in 2010 with only 6 races to go Fernando Alonso was 41 points behind the lead, in a less dominant car to the bulls and some say arguably to the McLaren as well. LH is currently 37 points behind with 7 races to go with what some might say quite a decent car others say its the best on the grid. I know FA is a formidable driver and one who has a beast-like focus on the WDC but it can be done...all Lewis has to do is keep it clean and make it fast...with lady luck and good strategy and pitstops.......this might end up a wonderful season

A lot will be down to the upgrades and qualy position is really a premium. I suspect Singapore will represent the last raft of big upgrades for most teams and whichever car is dominant after that grand prix will have the momentum in terms of performance. There will be upgrades after Singapore but am sure they will be minor tweaks here and there.

To look at it another way. prior to Hungary LH was 62 point behind FA...today he is 37 points behind and has made up an astonishing 25 points in 3 races (2 if you don't count spa) and we still have 7 races to

In a way it seems the crash and debacle of tweetgate/wingate at the belgian grand prix might actually be a blessing in disguise...my reasoning for this is Hamilton started 8th and Alonso started 5th, as shown by Massa they seemed to have good pace and it is highly likely that Fernando might have finished ahead of Lewis. This would have enabled him to extend his lead. So in a way maybe the crash might have been a good thing. Who knows if some of us will be secretly thanking Grosjean at the end of the season.

The task is not easy becos to be honest FA has been solid this season and he is so driven...LH will have to put aside all this contract/tweetgate/XIX and concentrate on winning the WDC...becos.....it can be done......

Keep the faith

Edited by BernieEc, 12 September 2012 - 21:24.

#94 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,788 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 20:45

To look at it another way. prior to Hungary LH was 67 point behind FA...today he is 37 points behind and has made up an astonishing 30 points in 3 races (2 if you don't count spa) and we still have 7 races to

In a way it seems the crash and debacle of tweetgate/wingate at the belgian grand prix might actually be a blessing in disguise...my reasoning for this is Hamilton started 8th and Alonso started 5th, as shown by Massa they seemed to have good pace and it is highly likely that Fernando might have finished ahead of Lewis. This would have enabled him to extend his lead. So in a way maybe the crash might have been a good thing. Who knows if some of us will be secretly thanking Grosjean at the end of the season.

Keep the faith

Two very good points.

Also, Semper Fi

#95 MP422

MP422

• 1,717 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:07

Hamilton needs another win. Mclaren 1-2 in marina bay would be huge result.

#96 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 691 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:20

So if he were to say, Oh I dunno, pull off a 2 stopper on a track with long corners (THE test of aero itself) like Catalunya, when everyone else went 3 or more and to drive from last to past his teammate who started much higher than him, would you STILL think he "struggle in that aspect"????

I love how people cling to things that are obviously not true :rolleyes:

#97 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 691 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:27

To look at it another way. prior to Hungary LH was 62 point behind FA...today he is 37 points behind and has made up an astonishing 25 points in 3 races (2 if you don't count spa) and we still have 7 races to

The task is not easy becos to be honest FA has been solid this season and he is so driven...LH will have to put aside all this contract/tweetgate/XIX and concentrate on winning the WDC...becos.....it can be done......

Keep the faith

I believe this is Lewis' year, He'll just pip Fred at the end of the second to last race. I never did look at the Spa race from that point of view, and you're right, Lewis has taken a big chunk of fernandos lead, and will again, I feel Lewis will win at Singapore with Alonso 4th which will close it up even more.

#98 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,573 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 18:00

Just came across an interesting stat: Lewis is the only driver to have made it into Q3 at every grand prix this year.

#99 MP422

MP422

• 1,717 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 18:02

Just came across an interesting stat: Lewis is the only driver to have made it into Q3 at every grand prix this year.

Now you've gone and cursed him !!

Advertisement

#100 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 18:29

Last year...I think it was only him vettel and massa