http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Lewis is not trying to sound the victim here

so is Ron not speaking to Lewis?

Thanks for posting that.

#1253 SR388

SR388

• 3,827 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:29

Man, what if Lewis really does lead Mercedes to Glory.

Wouldn't that be something?

I would love to hear people complain, "Man I can't stand Hamilton and Mercedes, all they do is win every race."

#1254 northanmonkee

northanmonkee

• 115 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:33

I don't know about Nicole, but I have got to say I will not miss the race directors finding any excuse to have her in any shot available.

It gets ridiculous when during an important part of the race.

also Jensons dad and his bird and Felipe's dad and brother and maldanados bird ,

#1255 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:35

Man, what if Lewis really does lead Mercedes to Glory.

Wouldn't that be something?

I would love to hear people complain, "Man I can't stand Hamilton and Mercedes, all they do is win every race."

:up: Would be enjoyable

#1256 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:36

also Jensons dad and his bird and Felipe's dad and brother and maldanados bird ,

We need to get Dale Earnhardt Jr and Denny Hamlin in to F1. You wouldn't mind looking at their birds :love:

#1257 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,563 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 22:50

Lewis mentioned that he has a great relationship with Martin Whitmarsh, which goes against some the beliefs in this forum.

#1258 F1FAN013

F1FAN013

• 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:16

interesting:

Lewis is not trying to sound the victim here

so is Ron not speaking to Lewis?

Thanks for the link. It was a very interesting article. Fair play to him for taking up a new challenge. I hope he does succeed with Mercedes. :up:

#1259 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:39

Just read AutoSport article on Lewis interview saying moving to Merc wasn't a gamble. He knows what he did. He knows he must help develop the car. Bottom line is he knows what he did & he's accepting the challenge. Sounds like maturity to me. Like I've been saying all year. Good job Lewis! :up:

Advertisement

#1260 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:40

Lewis mentioned that he has a great relationship with Martin Whitmarsh, which goes against some the beliefs in this forum.

Sure... if you take whatever they say to the press at face value.

#1261 Coral

Coral

• 2,770 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:47

interesting:

Excellent article...thanks for posting! :up:

Lewis looks happy and he does seem to be in a very positive frame of mind. I think he is ready to cast aside all the baggage that he has been carrying for so long and make a fresh start. I could not be more delighted for him and I wish him all the best. :)

#1262 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,938 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:32

Looking forward to hearing Ron's side of the story.

I remember Lewis emphatically shouting on the radio "I want to stay with this team forever." LOL How things have changed.

#1263 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:51

Looking forward to hearing Ron's side of the story.

I remember Lewis emphatically shouting on the radio "I want to stay with this team forever." LOL How things have changed.

I remember your signage under your profile was "Jenson Button WDC 2012"........ohhh how times have changed :)

#1264 amppatel

amppatel

• 460 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06

I remember your signage under your profile was "Jenson Button WDC 2012"........ohhh how times have changed :)

Haha good one! :clap:

#1265 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:13

Sure... if you take whatever they say to the press at face value.

Ain't it strange that Hamiltons fans are more ready to call him a liar than his detractors?

#1266 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:22

Ain't it strange that Hamiltons fans are more ready to call him a liar than his detractors?

Your faux naivety is amusing.

It isn't good for either party if it ends with a public spat and claim and counter-claim. Hardly surprising if they massage the rest of the year with a bit of PR.

Your very real infatuation with all things Hamilton is hilarious.

Edited by stanga, 04 October 2012 - 10:22.

#1267 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,276 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:27

Even Lewis is not allowed to contradict accepted dogma :)

#1268 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:46

It isn't good for either party if it ends with a public spat and claim and counter-claim. Hardly surprising if they massage the rest of the year with a bit of PR.

So shall we dismiss everything Hamilton says for the rest of the year as PR drivel, or only selected stuff? And who is to decide which is which? Can we have one of the local LH mindreaders keep us mere mortals updated on what to believe and what not? You, perhaps?

#1269 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:46

Even Lewis is not allowed to contradict accepted dogma :)

:D Looks like it.

#1270 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,938 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:56

:lol: That fuel pump failure in Italy hurt.

#1271 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:19

:lol: That fuel pump failure in Italy hurt.

Not as much as the gearbox failure in singapore............ :)

#1272 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 460 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:57

Just read back a bit to see if it's been mentioned before, but it just occurred to me...

I'm really curious as to how they will replace Lewis' character on 'Tooned'?
Will they go the soap opera route and have his character killed off, go on hiatus, perhaps
develop an illness that requires him to go to therapy in a different city?

In the grand scheme of things this is really unimportant, I was just thinking about it...

#1273 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,328 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:10

I don't know about Nicole, but I have got to say I will not miss the race directors finding any excuse to have her in any shot available.

It gets ridiculous when during an important part of the race.

Don't get your hopes up yet. As everything appears to be lovely.
Nicole Scherzinger denies Lewis Hamilton problems: "We're great"

#1274 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 16:30

He has 6 races to go with the team, I can't say he is or isn't telling the truth but I think he is smart enough not to destroy the rest of his own season by saying something negative like "I lost all faith in the Team Principal and some of the crew weren't all that great either....We had some good times but right now I can't wait to get away from this team".

Like I said he has 6 races to go and for me, until he has left the team, I put his answers in the "honey....how do I look in this dress?" category.

#1275 OoxLox

OoxLox

• 436 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 19:54

He has 6 races to go with the team, I can't say he is or isn't telling the truth but I think he is smart enough not to destroy the rest of his own season by saying something negative like "I lost all faith in the Team Principal and some of the crew weren't all that great either....We had some good times but right now I can't wait to get away from this team".

Like I said he has 6 races to go and for me, until he has left the team, I put his answers in the "honey....how do I look in this dress?" category.

You could be right and we could find out in December that there's a lot more behind this move than we know now. There could be all sorts of juicy revelations to come out yet, and enough stuff to whip this thread into a lather of outrage and indignation on one side, and obsessive excuse-making on the other. Should be fun :D

For the moment, Lewis looks happy and relaxed and he's saying a lot of good things about the team, and to me it just seems like whatever has gone on before now he's determined to go out on a high note and as amicable as he can make it. Seems like a sincere attitude to me but I'm watching video clips on a Web site and the mangled and out-of-order quotes on various Web sites, so what do I know? Maybe I'll just not bother right now and look forward to what he can do in his last six races for the team. The whole Merc transfer saga can wait until I read his racing memoirs in 10-15 years time.

One thing I do like is his move to scupper the speculation that MW was to blame for losing him. He defended his boss after the Spain qually fubar, and he's defending him now. Could be political as he realises this will curry favour with a lot of people in the team, or it could be - hey - that he's actually quite fond of the guy he's worked under for years. Whatever the reason, it's good form and should be applauded.

#1276 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 19:57

A valid point in general, but frankly, this...

'It was the hardest call I have ever had to make,' says Hamilton as he speaks for the first time about his life-changing decision in a meeting room of the Conrad Hotel in downtown Tokyo.

'It was just really, really emotional. I didn't just pick up the phone. I took a step back and really thought about what I wanted to say.

'I wanted to make sure that Martin knew how much I appreciated all the support he has given me over the years.

'I have an incredible relationship with him. He is so easy to work with, so welcoming, so forgiving when you make mistakes. Very much more a friend than a boss. I called him and said "Look, I've decided to go this way".'

... is way more than what he'd need to do if his aim was solely to ensure support for the rest of the season. The original point was how the above shoots the widespread fan propaganda to pieces about Whitmarsh being Hamiltons enemy within the team, trying to screw him all the time in favour of Button.

Again, it feels a bit weird that someone like me isn't believing Hamilton to be a sneaky liar of such proportions, whereas some of his fans (obviously not you) are apparently propagating just that in dismissing it all as PR speak.

#1277 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,950 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:04

I have to agree.

#1278 OoxLox

OoxLox

• 436 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:13

... is way more than what he'd need to do if his aim was solely to ensure support for the rest of the season. The original point was how the above shot's the widespread fan propaganda to pieces about Whitmarsh being Hamiltons enemy within the team, trying to screw him all the time in favour of Button.

Again, it feels a bit weird that someone like me isn't believing Hamilton to be a sneaky liar of such proportions, whereas some of his fans (obviously not you) are apparently propagating just that in dismissing it all as PR speak.

Yeah it's strange isn't it? I mean, you having to defend LH against some of his fans :lol:

Must be the LH fans who've been convinced by the "MW prefers Button" theory. I don't believe that one myself, but I'm the sort of mug who takes people on face value so long as they don't look shifty. It's easier and quicker than obsessively and microscopically analysing every word that comes out of a driver's gob.

#1279 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,370 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:20

I thought this was an interesting quote from today's press conference:

Q. (Dan Knutson - Honorary) Lewis, you may have covered this with the Brits(British press), but we weren't privy to be there. In life, when you make a big decision, many of us, once it's made, you can relax because good, bad or indifferent, it's done so do you feel calmer now, that the decision is made?

LH: Absolutely, yeah, I feel fantastic. Very very happy and excited and grateful that I can now just focus on these next six races. I know there's a lot of work ahead of me. I know I'm leaving a very very good car for this guy (Perez) to step into...

SP: Thank you.

LH: Yeah. Trust me, it will be a good car next year as well, I know. I know exactly what's going on next year with your car

Edit: I should make it clear that i dont think Lewis would give any Mclaren secrets to Merc; just thought it was an unusual thing to say.

Edited by Crazy Ninja, 04 October 2012 - 20:23.

Advertisement

#1280 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:33

Edit: I should make it clear that i dont think Lewis would give any Mclaren secrets to Merc; just thought it was an unusual thing to say.

Yep. Which in Hamiltons case makes it the usual thing. Well, almost.

Can't make much sense of it, other than it being an extension of his earlier claims how he developed this years car. Of course as a a chief developer he's bound to know all about next years car too, isn't he?  ;)

#1281 P123

P123

• 8,372 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:38

... is way more than what he'd need to do if his aim was solely to ensure support for the rest of the season. The original point was how the above shoots the widespread fan propaganda to pieces about Whitmarsh being Hamiltons enemy within the team, trying to screw him all the time in favour of Button.

That will be the people who think there was some sort of Whitmarsh led conspiracy against Hamilton. I've never bought that theory, and it's not just the most recent words of Hamilton that blow that one away. That is of course not to say there was never any friction between them; but given 6+years and various ups and downs I'd say that would be normal.

#1282 P123

P123

• 8,372 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:43

Yep. Which in Hamiltons case makes it the usual thing. Well, almost.

Can't make much sense of it, other than it being an extension of his earlier claims how he developed this years car. Of course as a a chief developer he's bound to know all about next years car too, isn't he? ;)

:D Was just going to reply that it's not unusual for Hamilton to phrase things.... unusually... I just took it as a bit of a dig to JB, who was commenting to the press a few weeks back as to how he was uncomfortable with the fact that Hamilton was still privy to info regarding next season's car.

#1283 bub

bub

• 2,254 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 20:46

My guess would be to put pressure on McLaren drivers for 2013 - If they do well it's because the car was good, if not people say “Hamilton would have won in that car“.
Or to make it look like he wasn't fleeing a sinking ship.
Or maybe Hamilton just says random weird stuff sometimes.

#1284 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,071 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 21:17

My guess would be to put pressure on McLaren drivers for 2013 - If they do well it's because the car was good, if not people say “Hamilton would have won in that car“.
Or to make it look like he wasn't fleeing a sinking ship.
Or maybe Hamilton just says random weird stuff sometimes.

Or maybe just being honest? For once he is not so confined with McLaren's PR machine.

#1285 bub

bub

• 2,254 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 21:26

Or maybe just being honest? For once he is not so confined with McLaren's PR machine.

He probably is. There's no reason McLaren would not have a good car next year but I still think it's kind of weird and random to mention it in the way he did out of the blue.

#1286 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 21:26

Anybody know where I can watch the press conference?

#1287 F1FAN013

F1FAN013

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 21:55

Anybody know where I can watch the press conference?

Here Alframsey

- Part One

- Part Two

#1288 as65p

as65p

• 17,293 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:14

That will be the people who think there was some sort of Whitmarsh led conspiracy against Hamilton. I've never bought that theory, and it's not just the most recent words of Hamilton that blow that one away. That is of course not to say there was never any friction between them; but given 6+years and various ups and downs I'd say that would be normal.

I know you weren't amongst the tinfoils, it's ony a certain (but not so small) part of LH supporters this adresses.

:D Was just going to reply that it's not unusual for Hamilton to phrase things.... unusually... I just took it as a bit of a dig to JB, who was commenting to the press a few weeks back as to how he was uncomfortable with the fact that Hamilton was still privy to info regarding next season's car.

:D :up:

Could be with the dig at JB, didn't think of that.

#1289 cokeb

cokeb

• 114 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 22:58

He should demand excellence from his team, and I sincerely hope Mercedes can do a somewhat competent job on race-days. I don't care if their car isn't the fastest, but don't actively lose your driver races like McLaren.

Ask Schumacher fans how they feel about Mercedes team performance...

#1290 SR388

SR388

• 3,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:15

Can I vent, a little bit?

Absolutely screw McLaren.

They have really shown how to lose the World Championship with a superior car.

Shoddy pit-stops, Under fueling, and crappy transmissions. Taking away sure wins. I would absolutely take Ferrari's pace if Lewis could of had their reliability.

Looking at how crap they have been this year it's no wonder wonder Lewis is leaving.

My only hope is that behind the scenes, Lewis Hamilton has been pulling a Peyton Manning, ie, really giving folks an ear full when people aren't doing their job. Like this. He should demand excellence from his team, and I sincerely hope Mercedes can do a somewhat competent job on race-days. I don't care if their car isn't the fastest, but don't actively lose your driver races like McLaren.

And I know Lewis had a shoddy year last year. You know why? Dude was having to push an underperforming car to get it places it didn't belong.

/rant

SCREW MCLAREN and how crap they have been this year.

Ask Schumacher fans how they feel about Mercedes team performance...

Why can't I ask Rosberg?

Edited by SR388, 05 October 2012 - 00:29.

#1291 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:42

So shall we dismiss everything Hamilton says for the rest of the year as PR drivel, or only selected stuff? And who is to decide which is which? Can we have one of the local LH mindreaders keep us mere mortals updated on what to believe and what not? You, perhaps?

You must have forgotten your "mental zeal" posts. Stuff of legends,I used to laugh so hard reading those back then, :up: as65p.............as for what you and the rest of Ham critics should believe, like it matters,ya'll have your minds made up

#1292 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,950 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:50

"Mental zeal" man,what a memory. :kiss:

#1293 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:51

Can I vent, a little bit?

Isn't that what these bb's are for? :wave:

Absolutely screw McLaren.

They have really shown how to lose the World Championship with a superior car.

Shoddy pit-stops, Under fueling, and crappy transmissions. Taking away sure wins. I would absolutely take Ferrari's pace if Lewis could of had their reliability.

Looking at how crap they have been this year it's no wonder wonder Lewis is leaving.

My only hope is that behind the scenes, Lewis Hamilton has been pulling a Peyton Manning, ie, really giving folks an ear full when people aren't doing their job. Like this. He should demand excellence from his team, and I sincerely hope Mercedes can do a somewhat competent job on race-days. I don't care if their car isn't the fastest, but don't actively lose your driver races like McLaren.

And I know Lewis had a shoddy year last year. You know why? Dude was having to push an underperforming car to get it places it didn't belong.

You see the dichotomy, don't you? Do you really want "Ferrari pace" for "Ferrari reliability"? Lewis may still win the championship in this year's car - in fact - I think he may have a better chance than Alonso (but I am an Alonso fan, and thus, worried about their pace... ) :well:

But, back to my point - an invidious comparison; in the year you mention (2011) when he (Lewis) was having to push the car to get it to places it didn't belong, McLaren finished 2nd in the WDC (in part, due to LH's performances, of course). But - in that year, Jenson had 3 wins, Lewis had 3 and between them (wins included) they had 18 podiums. The Ferrari team, this year, has 8 podiums and 3 wins (wins included)... so they're on course for (statistically) 11 to 12 podiums. Now - I know that this comparison is unfair, because (especially since his accident) Massa is not Button - but still...

My point is that if Hamilton were in the "reliable Ferrari" he would be having to push an underperforming car to get it to places it didn't belong... So - the salient question is; do you think that Hamilton would be leading the WDC by 36 points were he driving the ferrari?

That question is what makes his move to Mercedes so interesting...

Edited for my execrable typing.

Edited by Bruce, 05 October 2012 - 01:53.

#1294 SR388

SR388

• 3,827 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:22

You see the dichotomy, don't you? Do you really want "Ferrari pace" for "Ferrari reliability"? Lewis may still win the championship in this year's car - in fact - I think he may have a better chance than Alonso (but I am an Alonso fan, and thus, worried about their pace... ) :well:

But, back to my point - an invidious comparison; in the year you mention (2011) when he (Lewis) was having to push the car to get it to places it didn't belong, McLaren finished 2nd in the WDC (in part, due to LH's performances, of course). But - in that year, Jenson had 3 wins, Lewis had 3 and between them (wins included) they had 18 podiums. The Ferrari team, this year, has 8 podiums and 3 wins (wins included)... so they're on course for (statistically) 11 to 12 podiums. Now - I know that this comparison is unfair, because (especially since his accident) Massa is not Button - but still...

My point is that if Hamilton were in the "reliable Ferrari" he would be having to push an underperforming car to get it to places it didn't belong... So - the salient question is; do you think that Hamilton would be leading the WDC by 36 points were he driving the ferrari?

Great points.

You are really on to something when you talk about Lewis pushing. In that ferrari, Lewis would probably make the sames mistakes he made last year.

#1295 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,180 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:51

Big difference is we do not have vettel running off with the WDC this year.... Hamiltons 2011 was a one off and it still wasn't that bad. every other season he has been right up there.

Another thing to think off the ferrari hasnt been that bad. Fred has had a couple of poles..... Mid season it was probably the car to have. Vettels redbull was the car to have all year last year.

if Hamilton had had Freds reliability and also a designated # 2 this year he would be leading the championship.
I think the pressure will be off a little next year and we will see some great drives from Hamilton.

Edited by gricey1981, 05 October 2012 - 02:53.

#1296 TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA

• 142 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:59

Another thing to think off the ferrari hasnt been that bad. Fred has had a couple of poles..... Mid season it was probably the car to have.

No. FA's poles were under fluky conditions in the wet, where the F2012 is good. In the dry is is and has always been a turd.

#1297 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,180 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:01

No. FA's poles were under fluky conditions in the wet, where the F2012 is good. In the dry is is and has always been a turd.

Well we had a couple of wet races and his car was good. Really one of the main reasons he has the lead like he does.

One thing we do know though is that Hamilton beat Fred when they were in equal machinery so seeing as we are extrapolating we could just as easily say Hamilton would have more points than Fred this year. :)

#1298 bauss

bauss

• 5,015 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:05

can't help but worry next season n maybe even the subsequent ones may be very frustrating to watch...assuming Mac keeps building better cars than Merc

#1299 teejay

teejay

• 3,655 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:01

If Lewis walks into a photocopy shop in Brackley in the next few weeks we will know he really meant his words :p

Advertisement

#1300 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:51

One thing we do know though is that Hamilton beat Fred when they were in equal machinery so seeing as we are extrapolating we could just as easily say Hamilton would have more points than Fred this year. :)

Speaking of Invidious comparisons...

:p