Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:45

Last year...I think it was only him vettel and massa

And Alonso.

Advertisement

#102 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,425 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 13:29

Just came across an interesting stat: Lewis is the only driver to have made it into Q3 at every grand prix this year.

9 times on the front row in 13 races too, I believe. I'm counting Spain and China.

#103 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 13:07

http://www.youtube.com/vodafoneIN

Lewis doing demo run Mumbai.

#104 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 13:12

A great read by James Allen:

McLaren legend Ramirez on what Lewis still has to learn and life with Prost and Senna

#105 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,413 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 13:54

Watching now, thanks!

#106 aray

aray

• 2,562 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 13:57

rain soaked road playing spoilsports....

#107 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:00

Yeah rain spoilt it, plus its pretty dark!

#108 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,413 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:06

Spoilt by the crap music and sound :p

#109 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:07

He's ragging that C63 :D

Also seems in pretty high spirits.

Edited by jrg19, 16 September 2012 - 14:08.

#110 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,413 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:13

By ragged I think we may need to insert 'broke'

#111 teejay

teejay

• 3,632 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 14:35

Wow why play music over the car. Oh well.

Looks like he is having fun out there.. in a mclaren...

#112 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 774 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:07

A great read by James Allen:

McLaren legend Ramirez on what Lewis still has to learn and life with Prost and Senna

Another day, another article about Lewis Hamilton.

#113 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 774 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:10

I missed it, I hope they'll put it on later.

#114 DonaldDuck

DonaldDuck

• 299 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 15:12

Because he's right. McLaren in the end introduced a stepped nose as much as they could due to the tub regulations. McLaren got it wrong and they admitted as much, they said the higher nose allows them to manipulate more airflow around the coke bottle for downforce. They were even seen testing a stepped nose profile for next years car and how it will affect visibility.

Next year you will see McLaren launch with a fully stepped nose although I understand the FIA are looking to change the regulations on them.

Had McLaren launched with a fully stepped nose this year they would have even more of a performance advantage.

You cannot say that for a certainty. Mclaren usually rides a lower chassis compared to other cars. The stepped nose did not get them the benefits which people think it would have. The upgrade after Barcelona was the final one they were going to do for the season. Yes, the low nose turned out to be slower in the latter stages, but then Mclaren did shift to a higher nose. So if Anderson still feels Mclaren could go even faster with a stepped nose, its more to do with his personal belief. He is not sitting in MTC with all the tools to design the car. The people making the car know more than him, they dont spend their times talking for BBC but developing the car in all ways to make it faster.

#115 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 22:01

Lewis interview from today.

:lol: Trying to be nice about bollywood movies then not knowing any.

Edited by jrg19, 16 September 2012 - 22:08.

#116 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,813 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 23:02

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8277532.stm

#117 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,304 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:22

Drivers Talk Texas! Video in which the drivers discuss their expectations of Texas, Austin and the USGP

Lewis has a bit to say, so thought some of you might enjoy it.

http://circuitofthea...vers-talk-texas

Edited by bourbon, 17 September 2012 - 06:23.

#118 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:27

Good for Lewis coming out & saying he's not worried about what happens next year and that he's only focused on winning the WDC this year. He could easily continue to hype the speculation & keep it going but once again he's showing maturity and thinking about the job at hand. I LOVE the fact Fernando & Lewis are fighting for this years WDC, the two best drivers in F1. Also impressed with how Lewis is handling himself amid all the speculation. :up:

#119 MP422

MP422

• 1,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 14:20

Good for Lewis coming out & saying he's not worried about what happens next year and that he's only focused on winning the WDC this year. He could easily continue to hype the speculation & keep it going but once again he's showing maturity and thinking about the job at hand. I LOVE the fact Fernando & Lewis are fighting for this years WDC, the two best drivers in F1. Also impressed with how Lewis is handling himself amid all the speculation. :up:

Yea me too, Also Mclaren vs Ferrari for WDC !! Vettel is still in it to win it... maybe RBR will fig out a new trick...

Advertisement

#120 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,929 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:17

We can't understimate the finger... if rbr is back to the top he will challenge.

Edited by Boxerevo, 18 September 2012 - 17:18.

#121 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:05

We can't understimate the finger... if rbr is back to the top he will challenge.

or the ice man..........

#122 fred54

fred54

• 192 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:13

Lewis interview from today.

:lol: Trying to be nice about bollywood movies then not knowing any.

I nearly fell off my seat when he said he his best mates with Kevin Pietersen, given Pietersen's personality and current contract issues as well.

#123 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:21

WDC will be between "you have-a to leavea space", "iceman", "the finger" and "ali g" (Does Alonso/Lewis have any proper nickname?)

#124 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,813 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:29

WDC will be between "you have-a to leavea space", "iceman", "the finger" and "ali g" (Does Alonso/Lewis have any proper nickname?)

Kimi: Iceman
Alonso: Fred/Teflonso
Lewis: Taz/The Hammer/TDG ;)
Vettel: Finger (boy)

#125 as65p

as65p

• 17,179 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:40

Kimi: Iceman
Alonso: Fred/Teflonso
Lewis: Taz/The Hammer/TDG ;)
Vettel: Finger (boy)

Come on, you must have thought of "Tweety" too, it's so damn obvious. :D

#126 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,711 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:46

What about "THE ROOKIE"? :p

#127 as65p

as65p

• 17,179 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 19:22

What about "THE ROOKIE"? :p

Of course, no idea how I could miss that. :up:  ;)

#128 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,813 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 19:23

:p I don't decide these things.

#129 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 19:26

T R T B A

#130 7MGTEsup

7MGTEsup

• 370 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 15:42

Who is Ali g?

#131 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 15:51

What about "aussie Grit"...good ole Webbo......is he not a contender???

#132 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 722 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 17:37

Just wondering what the negatives would be if Lewis changed to driving under a non-UK license. How does the nationality thing work in F1 - Nico seems to have all his nationalities mixed up.

#133 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 17:38

What about "aussie Grit"...good ole Webbo......is he not a contender???

He could be. For some reason I just feel that faced against Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel they will have the edge, unless they screw up.

Tweety - brilliant. :D

Edited by Alx09, 19 September 2012 - 17:39.

#134 SDLRob

SDLRob

• 66 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 18:18

Who is Ali g?

Ali G was a character played by Sasha Baron Cohen a number of years ago. the character was basically a UK Chav. Lewis used one of his most famous lines in a rather poor attempt at a gag in Monaco in 2010 (i think).

I am a bit of a Lewis fan, so i'm hoping not only that he does well over the weekend, but that he stays at McLaren... i personally think he'd be taking a step backwards if he moves to Merc...

#135 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,080 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:12

Hamilton displayed little emotion on the podium after his Monza victory two weeks ago, fuelling speculation in the paddock that a rumoured switch to Mercedes next season was becoming more likely.

However, the Briton explained his lack of joy was more to do with a personal matter than anything concerning his future driving plans.

“We buried my aunt that week, so she was constantly on my mind, she had been on my mind for particularly the last three weeks or so, so it has been a tough time for the family, and just had a lot on my mind,” he said.

“It was nothing to do with being unhappy. Trust me, I was happy. I just won a grand prix I had never won before.”

link

#136 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,242 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:21

Hamilton displayed little emotion on the podium after his Monza victory two weeks ago, fuelling speculation in the paddock that a rumoured switch to Mercedes next season was becoming more likely.

However, the Briton explained his lack of joy was more to do with a personal matter than anything concerning his future driving plans.

“We buried my aunt that week, so she was constantly on my mind, she had been on my mind for particularly the last three weeks or so, so it has been a tough time for the family, and just had a lot on my mind,” he said.

“It was nothing to do with being unhappy. Trust me, I was happy. I just won a grand prix I had never won before.”

link

It must be really tough to be a famous face. You cannot even feel the feelings you have to feel. Whatever you do can be perceived something you don't intend, you don't even to consider. Tough life. Sorry for Lewis' loss.

Edited by ali.unal, 20 September 2012 - 09:21.

#137 AMG FAN

AMG FAN

• 890 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51

link

he didn't really need to explain this. People who were raised in a proper family would understand why he wasn't so happy...sorry if some find that harsh but i found it absolutely disgusting that some people wanted to moan about his demeanour and some even said it's cuz he realized he made a mistake to sign with Mercedes blah blah blah...anyone with common sense would know that if someone buried a family member,you won't expect them to be all jolly happy go lucky especially when the funeral was barely a week prior to the GP.

Edited by AMG FAN, 20 September 2012 - 09:52.

#138 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,080 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:21

he didn't really need to explain this. People who were raised in a proper family would understand why he wasn't so happy...sorry if some find that harsh but i found it absolutely disgusting that some people wanted to moan about his demeanour and some even said it's cuz he realized he made a mistake to sign with Mercedes blah blah blah...anyone with common sense would know that if someone buried a family member,you won't expect them to be all jolly happy go lucky especially when the funeral was barely a week prior to the GP.

I totally agree but I must add that I'm glad that Lewis answered and clarified this just for those people who created big story out of his unhappiness at Monza. A lot of bs was said after his victory and his reaction  ;)

#139 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:27

I totally agree but I must add that I'm glad that Lewis answered and clarified this just for those people who created big story out of his unhappiness at Monza. A lot of bs was said after his victory and his reaction ;)

IMO there was almost certainly more to it than the effects of the loss of his aunt - but it was just the other end of the spectrum that was reported.... conveniently fueled by the Eddie Jordan article.

Like most things in F1 (and life for that matter)..... I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Advertisement

#140 SDLRob

SDLRob

• 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:55

link

I knew she was ill, but i wasn't aware she had died...

#141 oligc94

oligc94

• 511 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:55

Yet more praise from Alonso:

"There are many teams that are strong and are still contenders, with maybe five or six drivers that can fight for the title," Fernando told Ferrari's website. "Lewis is second at the moment and since February, we have said that he is the one that probably I respect the most, because we know what he can do in good cars or bad cars.

"In terms of strategy, it is almost impossible to cover five drivers, as they can make pit stops at different times, so in this race, we need to cover whichever driver is closest in the classification, which means Lewis at the moment. McLaren has won the last two races and so they are the favourites here as well."

http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

#142 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,578 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:04

^^

The Lewis/Fernando lovefest continues... :)

#143 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,419 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:35

^^

The Lewis/Fernando lovefest continues... :)

Although there is obviously a lot if respect - I think It's a case of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.... And they both know that such talk has the potential to wind-up Vettel. Whether that is a good idea or not I don't know...

#144 03011969

• 440 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:51

It must be really tough to be a famous face. You cannot even feel the feelings you have to feel. Whatever you do can be perceived something you don't intend, you don't even to consider. Tough life. Sorry for Lewis' loss.

True. But it's tempting to feel sorrier for the millions around the world who worry daily where their next meal, or their children's next meal is coming from.

I don't doubt that losing somebody close to you is painful, irrespective of one's fame or wealth, but when it comes to 'tough life' I don't think any F1 driver comes close to it.

#145 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,225 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:55

Just wondering what the negatives would be if Lewis changed to driving under a non-UK license. How does the nationality thing work in F1 - Nico seems to have all his nationalities mixed up.

What would the positives be?

#146 03011969

• 440 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:56

Although there is obviously a lot if respect - I think It's a case of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.... And they both know that such talk has the potential to wind-up Vettel. Whether that is a good idea or not I don't know...

I think the respect between Alonso and Hamilton is genuine, it's just that their time together at McLaren was calamitously dealth with by Ron Dennis. Sure, as he never hesitated in reminding us, he had successfully dealth with ultra-competitive driver pairings in the past, but it was clearly a fading skill by the time Lewis and Fernando were teammates.

But I don't recall a time when there was patent disrespect from one driver to the other.

What would the positives be?

He could become Italian, and give Italy it's most successful F1 driver for years!

(Oh...you mean for Lewis personally? Mmmm, bugger all I would think)

Edited by 3011969, 20 September 2012 - 14:09.

#147 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,225 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:59

I think the respect between Alonso and Hamilton is genuine, it's just that their time together at McLaren was calamatously dealth with by Ron Dennis. Sure, as he never hesitated in reminding us, he had successfully dealth with ultra-competitive driver pairings in the past, but it was clearly a fading skill by the time Lewis and Fernando were teammates.

But I don't recall a time when there was patent disrespect from one driver to the other.

He could become Italian, and give Italy it's most successful F1 driver for years!

(Oh...you mean for Lewis personally? Mmmm, bugger all I would think)

Hungary?

It takes far more than changing your driving license to change nationality.

Edited by Clatter, 20 September 2012 - 13:01.

#148 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,545 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:02

Hamilton is British and little is going to change that. You don't just lose the passion or pride overnight.

#149 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:06

True. But it's tempting to feel sorrier for the millions around the world who worry daily where their next meal, or their children's next meal is coming from.

I don't doubt that losing somebody close to you is painful, irrespective of one's fame or wealth, but when it comes to 'tough life' I don't think any F1 driver comes close to it.

This is a rather cheap argument as you can trivialise anybodies worries via this method. Someone might lose their job, not be able to pay their mortgage and lose their house but hey at least their not starving in a third world country with little hope of the situation getting better.

The point is that it's a bitter reflection of the poor state of journalism when someone can't even quietly grieve over the loss of a loved one without it being speculated on, misread and subsequently criticised.
Case in point:

The highly esteemed :rolleyes: Kevin Eason making an idiot out of himself yesterday on twitter, before Lewis revealed he was still grieving over his Aunt:

19h Kevin Eason ‏@easonF1
For those asking, just would like Lewis to sto telling people he is a victim

He is 27, one if the world's fastest drivers, worth £50m and being fought over for a £60m contract. He has won a world champ amd 20 GPs

Stop being so bloody self absorbed and get on with it

Edited by Kvothe, 20 September 2012 - 13:06.

#150 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,711 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 13:09

Never heard of Kevin Eason but he hit the nail on the head.

Edited by Watkins74, 20 September 2012 - 13:09.