Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#1601 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:09

Just got on to twitter and saw this.

As a fan this is probably my biggest facepalm moment after Monaco 2011.

It only reveals his only insecurities and only serves to burn bridges both with JB and the team, not withstanding that it isn't correct.

Of course he'll delete it, but the damage is done.

For him to post it suggests that perhaps there's a little more animosity between them there appears to be on the surface.

Edit: If he was hacked (or social engineered), than of course disregard the above.

Edited by Kvothe, 07 October 2012 - 23:13.

Advertisement

#1602 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:13

Disappointing if true, but I thought JB had never followed him, and the whole unfollow Lewis, follow Checo was a bit of mischief cooked up as a non-story?

This doesn't really make sense.

Edited by stanga, 07 October 2012 - 23:16.

#1603 robefc

robefc

• 8,064 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:15

It's an interesting dynamic because so far only Jenson has put down critical comments on Lewis its only a matter of time for Lewis to let it out before he leaves. This is going to be good if indeed his Twitter wasn't hacked. Remember Lewis lost his phone a few weeks ago hacking is not out of the question!

Are you serious?

#1604 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 570 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:15

Really wish he'd keep his mouth shut.

#1605 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,006 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:16

For him to post it suggests that perhaps there's a little more animosity between them there appears to be on the surface.

Much much more,for some reason since spa he can't more handle the situation well.

#1606 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:17

I'm posting a bit because I'm excited; If the tweets are genuine, Is Lewis really that desperate to fulfil the Prost Senna dynamic between him and Jenson? The only thing missing so far has been pure vitriol for one another, I guess now is a good time to start it.

#1607 sumpthy

sumpthy

• 290 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:20

Disappointing if true, but I thought JB had never followed him, and the whole unfollow Lewis, follow Checo was a bit of mischief cooked up as a non-story?

This doesn't really make sense.

It's true, but it's kind of childish of Button to not follow Hamilton at all and then immediately follow Perez as soon as he signed. Like if he didn't want to follow F1 people or only his friends that's one thing but not following your teammate of three years then following the new one straight away looks bad. Still, it's more childish of Hamilton to notice and complain about it.

#1608 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,006 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:23

yes uh-oh! but Jenson said he never did follow him, so maybe Lewis has made a cock of himself.

I think he just wanted to have a dig at Jenson tbh!

This or Twitter will be a personal sponsor and he is doing his job. :lol:

#1609 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,212 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:24

@LewisHamilton
My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

Here we are..;)

#1610 Woody3says

Woody3says

• 424 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:25

@LewisHamilton: My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

Oops, beat me to it RT

Edited by Woody3says, 07 October 2012 - 23:26.

#1611 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,849 posts

Lewis: Lewis Hamilton ‏@LewisHamilton

My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!

More like less, hopefully never again.

Edited by Kvothe, 07 October 2012 - 23:34.

#1612 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,085 posts

LewisHamilton Lewis Hamilton

#1613 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,006 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:26

New twitter > "My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!"

Ultimate troll or went full retard there.

Anyway,love you Lewis. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :kiss:

#1614 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:28

Are you serious?

Yes. Very much.

We can go through the critical comments year by year. I guess others will remember them better than me.

It all began with the classy "Is this Lewis' team?" (with a wry smile).

"What is he dooooiinng!"

"I'm disappointed he did that."

"He is going NOWHERE, he will be my team mate in 2013."

I can get more condescending comments from Jenson too like the 2011 winter and 2012 winter comments about how has wrested the team away from the Hamilton;- implying lack of leadership and introversion on Hamilton's part.

Button is like the grand aunty that takes only little digs at a time.. just enough not to get you frazzled...

#1615 HuddersfieldTerrier1986

HuddersfieldTerrier1986

• 1,947 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:29

Whether Button followed him or not and whether Button now follows Perez or not, basically it's ridiculous that Hamilton (assuming he's not been hacked) was so bothered about whether someone does/did/doesn't follow him. It's a complete non story to be honest. Drivers can follow who they want.

#1616 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 5,065 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:30

hahahahahahaha oh lewis you funny man :rotfl: he's so pathetically hilarious

#1617 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,212 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:31

No Lewis.. You dont have to be on twitter more...;)

#1618 KavB

KavB

• 1,123 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:31

Lewis provides way more entertainment on Twitter than he does on track!

#1619 robefc

robefc

• 8,064 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:34

Yes. Very much.

We can go through the critical comments year by year. I guess others will remember them better than me.

"What is he dooooiinng!"

I can get more condescending comments from Jenson too like the 2011 winter and 2012 winter comments about how has wrested the team away from the Hamilton;- implying lack of leadership and introversion on Hamilton's part.

Button is like the grand aunty that takes only little digs at a time.. just enough not to get you frazzled...

This sort of thing really winds me up. People are free to believe JB is a master politician if they wish, destabilising lewis and taking over his team with the evil strategy of taking some of them out to dinner or just plain being friendly to them.

But completely mis representing JB's comments re: lewis is completely out of order rather than merely delusional.

He has consistently been invited to kick Lewis by the media over the last 3 years and consistently declined the opportunity, rather choosing him to defend him most of the time.

Even under the provocation of just seeing his telemetry tweeted to the world he confined himself to stating it was 'disappointing'.

The rest of your examples are just tosh.

Advertisement

#1620 robefc

robefc

• 8,064 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:37

No Lewis.. You dont have to be on twitter more...;)

:lol:

Exactly what I was thinking!

#1621 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:41

Yes. Very much.

"What is he dooooiinng!"

1. The driver jenson was replacing at mclaren was obviously a number 2, jenson wanted reasurance he wouldnt be put in the same situation, nothing wrong with saying that.
2. jenson obviously thought at that split second lewis was in the wrong so thats why he said that, im sure seeing the replay jenson in the end didnt think that.
3. Jenson saying he is disappointed his teammate showed private data of his lap is a bad thing to say? Completely fair
4. please tell me how that is being critical of lewis :confused:

And show us your other quotes please i would love to see them :stoned:

#1622 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,085 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:48

Lewis provides way more entertainment on Twitter than he does on track!

Yeah this year he's boring on track, stays out of trouble collecting pole positions wins and points. There is no entertainment in that! :| Thank God 2011 is over! :cat: :smoking:

#1623 P123

P123

• 8,475 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 23:56

:lol: So he's finally realised what most of us knew a week ago (most except the press and some on here)- JB never followed him. Another example of 'How to make yourself look a complete plonker' by Lewis Hamilton.

#1624 fer312t

fer312t

• 805 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:02

Granted F1 garages are insular places, but you'd think Lewis/Jenson would have had some casual chats over the course of the GP weekend?

#1625 KavB

KavB

• 1,123 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:08

Yeah this year he's boring on track, stays out of trouble collecting pole positions wins and points. There is no entertainment in that! :| Thank God 2011 is over! :cat: :smoking:

It was just to illustrate just how comedic his Twitter antics are! :rolleyes:

#1626 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:08

1. The driver jenson was replacing at mclaren was obviously a number 2, jenson wanted reasurance he wouldnt be put in the same situation, nothing wrong with saying that.
2. jenson obviously thought at that split second lewis was in the wrong so thats why he said that, im sure seeing the replay jenson in the end didnt think that.
3. Jenson saying he is disappointed his teammate showed private data of his lap is a bad thing to say? Completely fair
4. please tell me how that is being critical of lewis :confused:

And show us your other quotes please i would love to see them :stoned:

No need to anymore.  ;) Lets save those for the imminent apocalypse in the Lewis VS Jenson thread.

#1627 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:16

the daily fail caught wind of it :)
http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

I think Lewis should just hand his twitter account over to some drone from his management

#1628 heidegg33

heidegg33

• 122 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:18

Granted F1 garages are insular places, but you'd think Lewis/Jenson would have had some casual chats over the course of the GP weekend?

I think this shows that they clearly don't. Obviously more going on behind the scenes than first thought, e.g. they don't get on at all.

#1629 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:34

I don't really use twitter but wouldn't it be easy to not notice one of your gazzillion followers?

#1630 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:44

:lol: So he's finally realised what most of us knew a week ago (most except the press and some on here)- JB never followed him. Another example of 'How to make yourself look a complete plonker' by Lewis Hamilton.

I don't know how old you guys are or how tech-savvy you are... but nobody takes Twitter seriously.
Get off your high moral ground, FFS. Nobody gives a bloody F about Twitter.

NASCAR drivers do a lot worse and nobody gives a damn. People are way too stuck up in the F1 circus. I understand why a guy like Montoya left F1 as fast as he got in.

Edited by slmk, 08 October 2012 - 00:46.

#1631 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:47

Who cares.

#1632 swerved

swerved

• 3,677 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:53

Surely one day he'll run out of examples ?

I mean, there cant be many ways he hasn't explored, Can there ?.

Funny though :rotfl:

#1633 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 00:59

Posted Image

#1634 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:00

I don't know how old you guys are or how tech-savvy you are... but nobody takes Twitter seriously.

NASCAR drivers do a lot worse and nobody gives a damn. People are way too stuck up in the F1 circus. I understand why a guy like Montoya left F1 as fast as he got in.

Oh - ! So that makes it OK! Phew - Thanks for clearing that up Simk. Note to self - when Lewis tweets something that shows he's not that bright, "No one takes twitter all that seriously"... got it. I think we can extend that, eh simk? Any media outlet that allows Lewis to portary himself in a less than flattering light will henceforth be labeled "not taken all that seriously..." :rotfl:

People are way too stuck up in the F1 circus. I understand why a guy like Montoya left F1 as fast as he got in.

Coz he was fat and slow?

#1635 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:05

Oh - ! So that makes it OK! Phew - Thanks for clearing that up Simk. Note to self - when Lewis tweets something that shows he's not that bright, "No one takes twitter all that seriously"... got it. I think we can extend that, eh simk? Any media outlet that allows Lewis to portary himself in a less than flattering light will henceforth be labeled "not taken all that seriously..." :rotfl:

Coz he was fat and slow?

Sounds like you've already made your bed - no need to discuss this further - with you, at least.

Twitter, though, is NOT a formal media like newspapers, television, radio, etc. Twitter is unique. That's where you see celebrities are their most 'genuine'. Some use Twitter purely as an advertising tool - some actually use it to connect to fans.

You've just proven you are one of those who never got beyond Y2K.

#1636 Jackie

Jackie

• 675 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:09

This 'guy' is an extremely tech-savvy grandmother - you can guess my age from that. Lewis Hamilton has a 1,118,853 Twitter audience, the majority of which see his every tweet. I think that most people will agree that that that's quite a large audience. Twitter is extremely important for reputation management, personal branding and brand insights. To say that 'no-one takes Twitter seriously' is more than ridiculous. I don't know who you are but tech-savvy you are not.

Nobody gives (what you call) a 'bloody F' about Twitter?

The question is, how old are you?

#1637 swerved

swerved

• 3,677 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:45

This 'guy' is an extremely tech-savvy grandmother - you can guess my age from that. Lewis Hamilton has a 1,118,853 Twitter audience, the majority of which see his every tweet. I think that most people will agree that that that's quite a large audience. Twitter is extremely important for reputation management, personal branding and brand insights. To say that 'no-one takes Twitter seriously' is more than ridiculous. I don't know who you are but tech-savvy you are not.

Nobody gives (what you call) a 'bloody F' about Twitter?

The question is, how old are you?

He knows exactly how important Twitter is, it's one of the parameters he used to measure the temperature of Lewis's "hot" ticket.

"Oh, and btw, I used to live in North America and you couldn't be more wrong. Most of the Hugo Boss/Tag with a McLaren driver had Hamilton on. Magazine, in mall, etc. For a quick Internet comparison, Lewis Hamilton has far more likes than Jenson on Facebook (ie. 10 times+), and Jenson barely has more twitter followers (10% more) than Lewis despite tweeting 5x more than Lewis. You can argue Jenson does not care much about Facebook, but overall, from the Internet exposure, it's safe to say Lewis is the hottest ticket (especially if you consider F1 enthusiasts, communities, etc.)."

#1638 Viktoria

Viktoria

• 87 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:59

I have to say it: I'm really really sure Lewis knows what he is doing!!! Believe me!
But if you really wanna be entertained you have to follow him!! :lol:

After he tweeted it.. he got about 3.000 more followers within 60 minutes

Edited by Viktoria, 08 October 2012 - 02:00.

#1639 dhill39

dhill39

• 424 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:08

I have to say it: I'm really really sure Lewis knows what he is doing!!! Believe me!
But if you really wanna be entertained you have to follow him!! :lol:

After he tweeted it.. he got about 3.000 more followers within 60 minutes

I hope you are right,but its hard to be a fan of Lewis,he can't seem to stay under the radar and it's all his doing.

Advertisement

#1640 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:17

What a complete noob!
I love what Lewis does on the track but the boy is still clearly not a man yet.....lmao how childish can he get?
Jenson is one of his main rivals and to give a rival that kind of psychological edge on you and create such unnecessary drama is so foolish.
Forget twitter and focus on racing you numpty! :p

#1641 akshay380

akshay380

• 561 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:26

Oh dear. Not again Lewis. I am a huge follower but than stuff like this :(

#1642 Viktoria

Viktoria

• 87 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:42

Oh dear. Not again Lewis. I am a huge follower but than stuff like this :(

I'm a huge Lewis fan too!! I support him since Germany 2007!

As I read his tweets first I thought .. wow yes now he is starting to show us "Behind Mclaren" ... but now I think too, that was not the best idea (even he is right).
But it is what it is ... its Lewis Hamilton ... love him or hate him ... but you CANT say one thing: He is dull!

#1643 MP422

MP422

• 1,922 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:40

Who cares really.... :rotfl:

#1644 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,110 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:53

Who cares really.... :rotfl:

Mclaren, i'd say.

they have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the WCC if their drivers are not on the same page.

#1645 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,050 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:18

He did the same mistake the super informed journalists did and the super informed fans that spend all day on twitter and facebook did some days ago, big deal.

#1646 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,480 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:29

I hate facebook for the same reason JB has had lewis crying at him for no reason. If you don't track someone down or add them or reply to their stupid fcuking posts about how much of a dickhead they are, you are a jerk.

edit: not trying to badmouth ham, just my opinion on social media is all

Edited by goldenboy, 08 October 2012 - 04:30.

#1647 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:22

He did the same mistake the super informed journalists did and the super informed fans that spend all day on twitter and facebook did some days ago, big deal.

but he called his teammate out - mentioned respect. Then in his apology - didn't even tag Jenson - slight difference

Lewham really should give Twitter a break - making a d!ck of himself.

Edited by Raelene, 08 October 2012 - 05:23.

#1648 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,037 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:35

Lewis should stop talking on twitter.

#1649 Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse

• 53 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:37

Twitter is childish full stop, you only only have to look at the name of the thing. Grown adults 'tweeting' makes me cringe, all consumed by who's following who, what a futile waste of time.

#1650 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:38

Posted Image

in front of 1,121,661 Followers

... on this note: I wish mclaren would ban drivers from using mobile devices in garages.... garages are meant for working, discussing setup, going throug telemetry... internet is not to be part of that.... same like my day job where i should not be internetting.