Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#1651 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:43

Lewis should stop talking on twitter.

so while Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen are occupying their thoughts with the WDC... Lewis is concerning himself on how to back track on embarrassing tweets...
as a fan since his F3 euroseries days... i am very dissapointed... Lewis is becoming the joke of the paddock... the laughingstock.

See on James Allen tweets ( http://connect.james.../f1-on-twitter/ ) how the Brit-press are making follow me-unfollow me jokes...: PAINFUL

Advertisement

#1652 klyster

klyster

• 4,372 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:51

Can anyone explain why this tweet is so facepalmish?

I'm not denying it is, I just can't see what the big deal is.

Enlighten me please :wave:

#1653 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,075 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:53

There is nothing wrong with tweets except the bird should try to be more careful. Hope its a lesson learnt,but Lewis hasnt learnt after posting the data. Disappointed with him, because now I start to feel did he really think through the Merc deal. Get a hold on yourself man.

#1654 advan031

advan031

• 221 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:56

I did not know Hamilton is a 13 year old girl. His antics is getting old real fast.

#1655 GrumpyYoungMan

GrumpyYoungMan

• 229 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:21

Is he just playing the (media) game?

#1656 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 394 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:27

Lewis is to Twitter what Grosjean is to first corners.

#1657 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 394 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:30

Twitter is childish full stop, you only only have to look at the name of the thing. Grown adults 'tweeting' makes me cringe, all consumed by who's following who, what a futile waste of time.

As opposed to using a forum which isn't a waste of time at all.

#1658 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,647 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31

:up: :rotfl:

#1659 bogi

bogi

• 3,134 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:34

Is he just playing the (media) game?

At his own expense?

Advertisement

#1660 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:51

The hate is strong.

#1661 tomboyracer

tomboyracer

• 105 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:51

I am the world's biggest Hamilton fan, but this made me cringe. Think before you tweet!

Although I think Lewis has a point, however childishly it was expressed. Why doesn't Jenson follow? It is pretty low not to bother following Lewis for 3 years, but immediately follow Perez last week. Seems as if they are as bad as each other in this situation.

#1662 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,503 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56

Really wish he'd keep his mouth shut.

Why? Lewis is outspoken and I for one love it, we need more like him in the sport. How I long for the drama of Schui going to tear DC a new one, or any of the many times Senna spoke his mind. Now F1 is full of 'nice' drivers who only ever have nice things to say, there are no personalities. We need more like Kimi and Lewis.

#1663 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:58

so calling your teammate out, without even checking (you can check your followers you know) is a good thing? Means he has personality??? It means he worries too much about people liking him more like it.

If youw ant personality - check out Mark Webber's comments after this race.

#1664 klyster

klyster

• 4,372 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:01

I still can't decipher what he meant? Following him on twitter? Around the paddock? Following him home?

*Edit - nevermind, figured it out...

Edited by klyster, 08 October 2012 - 07:12.

#1665 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 5,305 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:02

it's not going to make him any weaker on track so I really couldn't care less!

#1666 fifi

fifi

• 12,158 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:03

I am the world's biggest Hamilton fan, but this made me cringe. Think before you tweet!

Although I think Lewis has a point, however childishly it was expressed. Why doesn't Jenson follow? It is pretty low not to bother following Lewis for 3 years, but immediately follow Perez last week. Seems as if they are as bad as each other in this situation.

dunno have you seen some of the crap lewis puts on twitter - maybe jenson has seen that and decided not to follow him for that reason

#1667 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:07

I have a rule - I don't follow anyone I work with or live with on Twitter or Facebook - why would I when I see them all the time?

#1668 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,902 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:08

dunno have you seen some of the crap lewis puts on twitter - maybe jenson has seen that and decided not to follow him for that reason

Apparently he never followed him in the first place.

#1669 Icicle

Icicle

• 540 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:16

Gets upset at people treating him like a juvenile, goes on twitter acting like a juvenile.

#1670 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,902 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:18

Gets upset at people treating him like a juvenile, goes on twitter acting like a juvenile.

Pretty much. Whether it was true or not the grown-up and respectful thing to do would be to talk to Button about it, not tweet it to the world.

#1671 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:20

why does he care so much? - that's the real question... Not following someone on twitter has zero to do with respect for someone. He's so childish.

Edited by Raelene, 08 October 2012 - 07:22.

#1672 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,503 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:21

so calling your teammate out, without even checking (you can check your followers you know) is a good thing? Means he has personality??? It means he worries too much about people liking him more like it.

If youw ant personality - check out Mark Webber's comments after this race.

I wasn't really talking about this instance, admittedly I should have said so, I was more talking about his outspoken personality in general. This time was just a bit childish, and I loved Webber's comments after the race. Brilliant!

#1673 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:23

alframsey. Fair enough

Yes he has a personality - when he first started it was a breath of fresh air - now - he's just like a petulant child,. He needs a slap and told to grow up. In fact, give him a smack every day - in case we miss something!!

#1674 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,075 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26

Why cant he keep a separate account where he can be himself with his friends and another for the fans? He should really mind his language when on a international stage, many youngsters follow him and its really not good to post in a inappropriate language. Sure he can express his feelings without that language?

#1675 Force Ten

Force Ten

• 3,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:27

Lewis needs to have this conversation and soon :)

#1676 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 1,748 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:31

5963069[/url]']

:up: You sir just made my day :rotfl:

5963102[/url]']

Might come in handy if Jenson wants to check his telemetry on his mobile :p

#1677 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:35

He does not follow me on twitter - he does not respect me - seriously?

#1678 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 344 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:35

:drunk: I like this twitter "drama"

I think LH should not have write it, but from a fan POV I'm waiting for our (beloved and gentelman) JB answer :clap: Hard to keep up Lewis pace on twitter!!

edit: F*ck!! so far just congrats to Kamui ): Come on Jens!!

Edited by pikamoku, 08 October 2012 - 07:37.

#1679 P123

P123

• 8,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:37

so while Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen are occupying their thoughts with the WDC... Lewis is concerning himself on how to back track on embarrassing tweets...
as a fan since his F3 euroseries days... i am very dissapointed... Lewis is becoming the joke of the paddock... the laughingstock.

See on James Allen tweets ( http://connect.james.../f1-on-twitter/ ) how the Brit-press are making follow me-unfollow me jokes...: PAINFUL

I agree, although Alonso plays a lot on Twitter too.

As for the Brit press..... they made the initial false claim that JB unfollowed Hamilton. I guess they should be laughing at themselves too..... :D

Advertisement

#1680 P123

P123

• 8,638 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:40

He does not follow me on twitter - he does not respect me - seriously?

No, it was unfollowed... not 'doesn't follow me'. If LH had been paying attention he would have realised JB has never followed him, so oculdn't therefore unfollow him. Even if JB did unfollow him it's something LH should have been content with. Getting under the skin of the opposition is always good. Instead, JB has managed to get under his skin by doing absolutely nothing! The twit! :rolleyes:

#1681 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:43

it's not going to make him any weaker on track so I really couldn't care less!

well thats debatable cos he has just put a huge amount of extra unnecessary pressure on himself leading up to the next race.....the media circus around him is gonna get out of hand and also the people on his own team are probably gonna shun him or take the piss out of him for a while too.

Edited by light, 08 October 2012 - 07:54.

#1682 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,457 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:52

I do enjoy the drama surrounding Lewis!

#1683 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:52

FYI - This board has an edit feature. Just hit edit and correct your post if you want to.

thanks.

#1684 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,898 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:56

Now that - is going straight to my signature!! :rotfl: Bloody epic :up:

#1685 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,075 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:58

Lewis should win a race in the next few races, should do him good for his morale.

#1686 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:00

I think it's something that many forumers would be SO scared to do, that they think it's a huge embarrassing mistake. Lewis won't care that much though.

#1687 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,898 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:07

I think it's something that many forumers would be SO scared to do, that they think it's a huge embarrassing mistake. Lewis won't care that much though.

That is where you are wrong. He is not Kimi. History has shown that he does care a lot about these things. Proven in this case by caring enough to make an awkward backtrack on Twitter. He should have just left it.

#1688 Peat

Peat

• 1,344 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:10

That is where you are wrong. He is not Kimi. History has shown that he does care a lot about these things. Proven in this case by caring enough to make an awkward backtrack on Twitter. He should have just left it.

Or just not said anything at all in the first place.

I suppose herein lies the problem with 'growing up' in the spotlight - you never actually grow up.

Edited by Peat, 08 October 2012 - 08:10.

#1689 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:10

If he does not care, why does he care if Jenson (his soon to be former teammate) followed or follows him on twitter and if he respects him or not. :well:

#1690 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,803 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:12

This twitter thing just shows how lucky we are as average fans. We can happily share our opinions on the sport, but these guys are expected to shut up and keep smiling for the sponsors. :up:

#1691 onewingedangel

onewingedangel

• 942 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:15

Hamilton can act like a teenage girl at times - but I don't think this is anything to be concerned with - Button will be unaffected, or possibly amused.

But it does seem to show how Hamilton feels about Button. Hamilton can be quite a diva after a perceived slight can't he.

#1692 PARAZAR

PARAZAR

• 1,194 posts

This twitter thing just shows how lucky we are as average fans. We can happily share our opinions on the sport, but these guys are expected to shut up and keep smiling for the sponsors. :up:

Have you ever complained about someone following or unfollowing you on twitter or FB? I haven't, big deal. He's a 27 year old F1 driver not a 12 year old girl.

#1693 light

light

• 143 posts

I think it's actually quite worrying cos he has basically revealed to all his competitors how sensitive he really is.
Maybe he will be lucky and they won't pounce on this weakness by name-calling for example or making fun of him in public cos thats not the way f1 tends to go.....but if this was combat sports like mma or even football perhaps then you can guarantee that his opposition and the people around them would pick at him and make fun in an attempt to put him off his game cos afterall there's a world title at stake. He has left himself way too vulnerable at a crucial point in the title fight.

#1694 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,333 posts

So basically he had no idea if JB follows him, but when he heard that JB unfollowed him he instantly used this non-fact to publicly accuse JB of not respecting him? Total drama queen and I'm glad he was bitten in the arse by this, but it I guess it also says a lot about the relationship status at Mclaren.

Edited by wingwalker, 08 October 2012 - 08:17.

#1695 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:19

I think he will care a great deal - I mean - he cared whether or not Jenson followed him on a stupid twitter account!!

#1696 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,562 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:23

So much talent so little brain.

#1697 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,803 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:24

Have you ever complained about someone following or unfollowing you on twitter or FB? I haven't, big deal. He's a 27 year old F1 driver not a 12 year old girl.

I've seen more pathetic things said on here if I'm honest. It was unwise of Lewis to make a public statement like this, but as ever it'll be talked about for much longer than the importance of it is relevant.

#1698 onewingedangel

onewingedangel

• 942 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:24

Now all we need is a mass follow/unfollow the next day- gaining and then losing a few hundred thousand followers could really throw this sensitive soul :rotfl:

Although how anyone could stand Lewis' tweets for an extended period is beyond me, so I'm surprised more perople don't unfollow.

Bless.

#1699 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,441 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:29

I don't think anyone comes out of this twitter mess well. Not Lewis, not Jenson and not the F1 press.

Jenson Button can of course follow or not follow who he likes; he is not obligated to follow his team mate on his personal accounts. Maybe he wisely reckons being too friendly with your team mates isn't good anyway. However, he immediately followed Perez on learning he was getting a new team mate, so it looks more like it was personal. As it is, that, plus stirring the pot a few days after the original 'unfollowing' story had died down by correcting Jon Noble on twitter that he hadn't followed his team mate in the first place came across less as putting the facts straight and more "Just so you know, it's not that I don't like him anymore, it's that I didn't like him ever." Not sure that's any better! That, plus Andrew Benson gleefully tweeting Button about how funny it all is and Button winking back and it all seemed kind of spiteful stuff, the sort of thing more associated with the playground than adults.

Hamilton's error in thinking Jenson unfollowed him is somewhat understandable. After all, Autosport and the BBC originally thought the same thing and tweeted about it themselves in terms of it being a snub from Button. Maybe he even read about it in the press rather than directly. Still, him getting involved now made him look bad, not just because it adds to the impression that he's someone who acts now and thinks later but because the whole situation is so massively petty that saying anythng just adds to the mess.

He should have just risen above it all. What a storm in a teacup.

Advertisement

#1700 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:30

Now all we need is a mass follow/unfollow the next day- gaining and then losing a few hundred thousand followers could really throw this sensitive soul :rotfl:

Although how anyone could stand Lewis' tweets for an extended period is beyond me, so I'm surprised more perople don't unfollow.

Bless.

lol.
whats done is done....He will probably gain more haters from this but his true fans will stick by him cos its what he does on the track that counts the most....i for one hope his driving does the talking this weekend.