Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#1751 as65p

as65p

• 17,129 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:20

I'm loving it, it's comic gold. I cannot believe the importance that some are putting on who follows who.

Yeah, but we're old farts. Soon you won't even get access to public / social places without holding you iPhone 8 up at the gates to prove your followers status. Watch it happen! :D

Advertisement

#1752 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:22

WE WILL AGREE TO DISAGREE - you don't know if he wasn't upset - I think - judging by his posts - he was upset

This is not upset: "My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!"

Upset is your invention.

#1753 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,128 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:22

Euphemism...? :D

Or euthanasia even ;)

#1754 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:24

Yeah, but we're old farts. Soon you won't even get access to public / social places without holding you iPhone 8 up at the gates to prove your followers status. Watch it happen! :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: Your right.

#1755 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26

Well clearly he cares or he wouldn't have said anything. The fact that he didn't care enough to check is the problem to begin with. Had he checked, he could have saved himself the embarrassment. I'm starting to feel sorry for him, he's trending and not in a positive way. But, at the end of the day you reap what you sow.

He would have cared IF JB had UNfollowed him, in response to his leaving for Merc.

Really the dishonest posting over this is what's embarrassing.

#1756 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,516 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:31

So everyone in the paddock is having a laugh.

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey

My own rules; 1-I don't tweet when drunk 2-I don't tweet when angry 3-I don't tweet what I wouldn't shout out loud #ThinkBeforeYouTweet

#1757 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,311 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:33

This is not upset: "My bad, just found out Jenson never followed me. Don't blame him! Need to be on Twitter more!"

Upset is your invention.

his first two twets - show he was upset - which was my point

Now you seem to be upset cause we are laughing at his silly behaviour

Anyway - Bless ;)

Edited by Raelene, 08 October 2012 - 10:35.

#1758 Anonymous

Anonymous

• 2,948 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:34

I never said that before but this tweet is proof that he is extremely stupid.

#1759 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:37

I dont follow Lewis on twitter because his comments are boring, for a while they were gangsta/chav and what he writes is rarely interesting - theres only so many pictures I want to see of him cruising the St Tropez seafront with some american rapper bigging him up all the time.

As for this, for me shows how fragile Lewis is mentally. 2x Twitter meltdowns in the aftermath of a whopping from Jenson. Very telling of Lewis attitude to Jenson IMHO which seems to be one of bitterness. Would love to know whats at the root of it.

As for Mercedes. Good luck to them. Dunno if you can build a team round someone who is fast but dumb.

Bingo!

Though imo you've answered your own question as to whats at the root of it, lets see what happens if Jenson beats him again in Korea, I predict Instagramgate.

Advertisement

#1760 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,474 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:40

This goes the usual way with everything Hamilton, maybe even a bit more pronounced than usual.

Hamilton does something hilarious, his reasonable and non-blinkered fans recognize as much plus he get's a bit of flak from his non fans, predictably.

In an ideal world, it could stop right there, after maybe two pages.

But no. Enter the Hamilton-can-do-no-wrong defense squad, and the thing goes on for days, if not weeks.

And those wishing to bash him for weeks. It takes two sides to tango and drag this thread out.

#1761 Peeram

Peeram

• 9 posts

Face loss big time. Bet you're glad it is not part of the British culture.

Very sad still, I have always knew there was this side of him...

Edited by Peeram, 08 October 2012 - 10:47.

#1762 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

LewisHamilton: Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't.

LewisHamilton: Funny thing is, we are STILL teammates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in brazil!!!

Dear, oh dear
What a way to make yourself look like a colossal c*ck, Lewis
how embarrassing
bet the media and (team) Button are having a field day with this LOL

he really isn't the sharpest tool in the shed now is he?
Anyway never a dull moment with soap Hamilton

#1763 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,128 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:41

Yeah well, we all do dumb things sometimes. Luckily for most of us not many people notice.

#1764 Trust

Trust

• 3,170 posts

I wouldn't call him stupid, just acting like a little child. It's shame to see a person that old and still didn't grow up.

#1765 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

his first two twets - show he was upset - which was my point

Now you seem to be upset cause we are laughing at his silly behaviour

Anyway - Bless ;)

Haha, yeah try and cheat your way out of it.

"Just noticed @jensonbutton unfollowed, thats a shame. After 3 years as teammates, I thought we respected one another but clearly he doesn't."

"Funny thing is, we are STILL teammates! All good tho, I plan on giving this team & fans all I got til I cross the finish line in brazil!!!

That's while he thought JB UNfollowed him in response to him leaving for Merc. You do understand that after all, I gather?

Just pretending you don't, for your little campaign. Then saying you do. Now you don't again.

#1766 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,400 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:42

I wouldn't say he is stupid - because he wouldn't be where he is if he was.

He just seems to lack any common sense when it comes to things like this - which is IMO a function of maturity - and to a degree, insecurity. I guess those characteristics are in no small part a function of leading a very sheltered life.

Fortunately, it's the driving that counts for me....... I was a Mansell fan after all..........

#1767 bauss

bauss

• 4,956 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:43

From a distance ..... By immediately following SP who is not even his team mate yet despite not following his current team mate who has been following him for a couple of years... that's a clear and willful breach of twitter etiquette

.... :lol: I cant believe I am talking about this

:lol: true... I always felt JB willfully choosing not to follow LH throughout all these years was his subtle way of showing how he truly felt about his teammate.

LH's problem is he is too impulsive... that, twitter and the political correct world of F1 don't mix well at all.

#1768 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,311 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:47

Undersqquare

There is no campaign. I'm laiughing t lewis for being upset when he thought JB unfollowed him. (Even after JBs tweet of 1 oct). Its funny. Why you getting so wound up

#1769 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49

Did JB delete the tweet from oct 1st?

#1770 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,311 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:50

No. Its I reply to Noble who said he UNFOlLOwed lewis. Still there

#1771 WitnessX

WitnessX

• 1,142 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:52

Did JB delete the tweet from oct 1st?

https://twitter.com/...771735957553152

#1772 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 337 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:53

Now that - is going straight to my signature!! :rotfl: Bloody epic :up:

Glad you enjoyed it :)

#1773 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 1,495 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:00

What a silly thing to put on Twitter. I bet he feels a right plonker today! I can't believe it's still actually up on his profile, it really does make for amusing reading when you see it on there!

#1774 JtP1

JtP1

• 753 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:09

I wouldn't call him stupid, just acting like a little child. It's shame to see a person that old and still didn't grow up.

Just wait till next year when the toys get thrown out the pram (Mercedes) :mad:

#1775 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:10

Undersqquare

There is no campaign. I'm laiughing t lewis for being upset when he thought JB unfollowed him. (Even after JBs tweet of 1 oct). Its funny. Why you getting so wound up

I dunno why you're in such a distraught state about it Raelene, think it's the end of the world and just can't stop posting about it :D

You have tuned in about the UNfollowing, great. Now you just need to do that google I gave you into the significance of unfollowing and you'll get that Lewis' very moderate comment was entirely proportionate, GIVEN HIS MISUNDERSTANDING.

Now he's said 'my bad'' and is NOT upset. No biggie. Just apparently an opportunity for some negativity to be vented on here, lubricated as necessary by some deceit.

#1776 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,176 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:10

\wonder why button never followed him

he follws Paffet, Delarosa & Rosberg of all people.... Still im no twitter expert

#1777 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 1,495 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:16

Lewis' very moderate comment was entirely proportionate, GIVEN HIS MISUNDERSTANDING.

No it wasn't, it was just childish. It's the kind of thing you expect from a teenager, not a professional person in their late 20s. A proportionate response (were it even true) would have been to make absolutely no comment and forget about it.

#1778 speng

speng

• 1,272 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:17

Martin Brundle
‏@MBrundleF1
Yes saw Lewis's tweets. He's being honest + thinking aloud to you. Prob not wise on Twitter but he could otherwise BS or disappear so relax

Edited by speng, 08 October 2012 - 11:18.

#1779 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:21

Undersqquare

The only campaign i see is the usual one, trying ti play down another embarrassing Lewis gaffe, one which clearly gives an insight into his real nature, much like the telemetry tweet did.

Advertisement

#1780 Realyn

Realyn

• 554 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:24

Oh right, can't wait for serial killers "thinking aloud" who to kill next. After all it's only Twitter, no need to take anything seriously you write there.

#1781 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

No it wasn't, it was just childish. It's the kind of thing you expect from a teenager, not a professional person in their late 20s. A proportionate response (were it even true) would have been to make absolutely no comment and forget about it.

Exactly, just like JB has done.
He has tweeted since Lewis' twitter gaffe but has completely ignored this/Lewis :up:

Comments in the media are harsh:

"Lewis Hamilton-one man lesson in how not to use social media"
"Want to know how not to use Twitter? Follow Lewis Hamilton and watch and learn! "

#1782 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

No that would be a normal timid person.

If JB had been following him, and had Unfollowed him because he'd announced he was leaving, it would have deserved that moderate comment about respect.

#1783 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:27

Lewis really needs to grow up. he can be a bit childish sometimes.............

#1784 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:27

I can't believe that this thread is really discussing following and unfollowing twitter.. What the hell is wrong with F1 today?

Edited by sofarapartguy, 08 October 2012 - 11:28.

#1785 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 2,937 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:28

Oh Lewis, you don't do yourself any favours buddy. He really is insecure.

#1786 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:31

I'm with Brundle on this.

We all do silly things sometimes on the back of a misunderstanding. Part of being human, I guess.

Racing drivers seem to be a pretty highly strung bunch, to me. Over the years you have them doing impulsive things, which in hindsight they would probably admit they shouldn't have done.

This one is a pretty amusing instance - the lad has been a bit daft - but it seems some want to make it out to be more. No doubt to fit their own agendas...

#1787 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32

does Lewis folow or ever followed button????

#1788 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:34

Oh right, can't wait for serial killers "thinking aloud" who to kill next. After all it's only Twitter, no need to take anything seriously you write there.

Ding, ding, ding!

This just in, "Hamilton Twitter Gaffe is akin to a Serial Killer using Twitter!"

My god, this thread is funnier than Hamilton's twitter stream!

#1789 Burtros

Burtros

• 940 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:35

No that would be a normal timid person.

If JB had been following him, and had Unfollowed him because he'd announced he was leaving, it would have deserved that moderate comment about respect.

Rubbish.

If you are about to criticise someone publically, especially someone who you have to work with then the first thing you should do is make 100% sure that they have done the thing that you are about to criticise them for in the first place

Its basic common sense.

Edited by Burtros, 08 October 2012 - 11:37.

#1790 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,400 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:38

:rotfl:

Not a fan then?

#1791 joshb

joshb

• 3,240 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40

I find some of his tweets quite interesting, its a good insight for fans, but he's like the Ashley Cole of F1.
Just need the #FIAARETWATS hashtag next :)

#1792 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40

Andrew Bensons take on it:

"This issue finally explodes the myth propagated since 2010 that Button and Hamilton are close friends, but it also refocuses an unfortunate truth. If there seemed to be an undertone throughout the saga over Hamilton's future that high up at McLaren they wouldn't be that bothered if he left, that's because there was. They will miss his inspirational driving but not this."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/19868235

#1793 speng

speng

• 1,272 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:41

I can't believe that this thread is really discussing following and unfollowing twitter.. What the hell is wrong with F1 today?

could not agree with you more. I guess there was not much to bash on track yesterday

#1794 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42

"This issue finally explodes the myth propagated since 2010 that Button and Hamilton are close friends, but it also refocuses an unfortunate truth. If there seemed to be an undertone throughout the saga over Hamilton's future that high up at McLaren they wouldn't be that bothered if he left, that's because there was. They will miss his inspirational driving but not this."

What myth would that be? I don't think they have ever advertised themselves as close friends. They have always said they come together for work, but go their own separate ways afterwards.

#1795 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:43

There's silly then theres this , He is a stupid plank as a fan im pissed off he did not have to put himself in that situation just grow the **** up Lewis and no you shouldn't spend MORE time on twitter it should be less time you damn fool.

#1796 robefc

robefc

• 8,002 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:45

What myth would that be? I don't think they have ever advertised themselves as close friends. They have always said they come together for work, but go their own separate ways afterwards.

:up:

It's the press that try and build that up and JB and Lewis have never added to it.

#1797 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,400 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46

:lol:

May I wish McLaren all the best on their conquest to have the two nicest/easiest to get on with drivers in the paddock!

#1798 Icicle

Icicle

• 528 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46

I think Button never following him is going irk him even more.

#1799 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:50

There's silly then theres this , He is a stupid plank as a fan im pissed off he did not have to put himself in that situation just grow the **** up Lewis and no you shouldn't spend MORE time on twitter it should be less time you damn fool.

Do you think he physically types those gangsta sentences?

It the XiX who want him to be the ear studded driver - rapper combo to sell to the unexposed Americans. Still Lewis s fault at letting XiX lead him down that path

Advertisement

#1800 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:00

Do you think he physically types those gangsta sentences?

It the XiX who want him to be the ear studded driver - rapper combo to sell to the unexposed Americans. Still Lewis s fault at letting XiX lead him down that path

Well he is stupid for letting that happen being mindf*****d by XIX and Twitter . Just use your head Lewis FFS.