Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:01

Lewis you muppet.

Twitter is not your friend.

Advertisement

#1802 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,579 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:03

The only campaign i see is the usual one, trying ti play down another embarrassing Lewis gaffe, one which clearly gives an insight into his real nature, much like the telemetry tweet did.

I'm not sure you're in a better position than anyone else here to judge what his real nature is...

#1803 HopkinsonF1

HopkinsonF1

• 330 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:06

When Jon Noble (incorrectly) reported that Jenson had unfollowed Lewis, Andrew Benson was one of the first to repeat the story. Now that Lewis has made the same mistake, Benson has been one of his loudest critics. I like Andrew Benson, but it's slightly hypocritical of him. Jon Noble, for what it's worth, has kept his nose out this time around.

#1804 Gridfire

Gridfire

• 843 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:10

I think Button never following him is going irk him even more.

Button wasn't all that active on Twitter 3 years ago, now he is. I guess adding Perez now, but not adding Hamilton 3 years ago is simply due to that. Frankly as much as I admire Hamilton's raw racing ability, I have slowly lost much of the respect I had for the plucky 2007 rookie over the last couple of years as he has publicly criticised his team, said "frikkin'" in interviews, published sensitive data on Twitter, and generally looked like a grumpy git while standing on the podium at several races, including one or two that he actually won. The McLaren car with the number 4 on it this year is run by several hundred people in general and a team of 25 or so specifically, only one of which is Lewis Hamilton.

Why he expects 'respect' from his more sportsmanlike team-mate after all that is a mystery to me. 'Respect' seems to be something people expect to get by default these days, rather than earn.

#1805 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,087 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:11

Lewis you muppet.

Twitter is not your friend.

That sums it up really. Rarely has using twitter ever amounted to anything good occurring as a result.

#1806 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:11

Rubbish.

If you are about to criticise someone publically, especially someone who you have to work with then the first thing you should do is make 100% sure that they have done the thing that you are about to criticise them for in the first place

Its basic common sense.

Different issue. I agree on this one, just not too exercised about it.

#1807 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,160 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:12

Jenson should of followed him, I'm sure he'd love the extra telemetry..

:p

Edited by Brandz07, 08 October 2012 - 12:12.

#1808 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:16

Jenson should start following Lewis now...

#1809 alan

alan

• 174 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:23

A non-story to be honest. Here is more interesting Lewis showing some lessons on the new kid on the block.

I enjoyed that one!

#1810 swerved

swerved

• 3,609 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:25

What myth would that be? I don't think they have ever advertised themselves as close friends. They have always said they come together for work, but go their own separate ways afterwards.

You'd have to ask Benson, I've never saw the myth myself, which is why i didn't bold that part, I dont think Jenson and Lewis have ever been "mates" nor do i think they or anyone else has tried to portray them that way.

#1811 skyform

skyform

• 426 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:28

I'm with Brundle on this.

We all do silly things sometimes on the back of a misunderstanding. Part of being human, I guess.

Racing drivers seem to be a pretty highly strung bunch, to me. Over the years you have them doing impulsive things, which in hindsight they would probably admit they shouldn't have done.

This one is a pretty amusing instance - the lad has been a bit daft - but it seems some want to make it out to be more. No doubt to fit their own agendas...

I'm with Brundle aswell.

I prefer people who think loud and say what they think, at least you know with them what kind of person they are and if you want to stick with them or not than people who never say what they think and are rather silent and smile. You can't trust people like this and at least to me Button seems like this, he always smiles like crazy in front of the camera and chooses his words very carefully. Of course you have to do this sometimes if you are so known and in front of the media but Button is like a celebrity, looks so fake. You could see this really good in Singapore with the new podium interviews, he is such a ass licker, I will never trust people like him.

Of course Hamilton has his own mistakes aswell, like every other person on this planet but is at least honest, the problem is the media uses people like him for big articles and crap like this.

Edited by skyform, 08 October 2012 - 12:36.

#1812 swerved

swerved

• 3,609 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:28

I'm not sure you're in a better position than anyone else here to judge what his real nature is...

Quite possibly not in a worse one either.

#1813 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,579 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:33

Quite possibly not in a worse one either.

No, agreed, but it's not something you can be "certain" about, was my point.

EDIT: Sorry, "clearly" was the word you used.

Edited by Coops3, 08 October 2012 - 12:34.

#1814 Pendejo

Pendejo

• 137 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:42

I don't think this bird he has is any good for him. Since she came on the scene his head has been in the clouds. Not to mention all the hangers-on standing on his side of the garage on race weekends. I think if he got rid of this girl then he would be more focussed.

#1815 Jackie

Jackie

• 675 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:24

For those of you who don't understand Twitter, let me explain. Let's imagine there is a business - for sake of argument a graphic design studio - where two blokes work together. And let's, for the sake of argument, call them Lewis and Jenson. They have no need whatsoever to follow each other on Twitter because they work together every day.

How crazy is it to follow someone you see regularly? If you've got something to say to each other, you do it face to face. You wouldn't follow someone you live with or work with. Why would you?

Then, Lewis decides he's leaving the graphic design studio to work somewhere else. His replacement will be another designer called Sergio. Jenson knows him but it seems like a good idea to follow him on Twitter to get to know him better before they start working together.

Take it out of an F1 context and there's nothing sinister.

#1816 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,341 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:34

No that would be a normal timid person.

If JB had been following him, and had Unfollowed him because he'd announced he was leaving, it would have deserved that moderate comment about respect.

Yeah, letting all his rivals know that he actually cares about being unfollowed on Twitter is a GREAT idea.

#1817 Moore

Moore

• 395 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:44

It seems to me he is living his missed teenager years mentally now.

It was a silly thing to do though, think he should lay off twitter for a month or 2.

#1818 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 5,562 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:58

I hope Lewis never stops using Twitter. It's hilarious!!

#1819 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,861 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:02

It seems to me he is living his missed teenager years mentally now.

I'm an epic Lewis fan but I'm hugely embarrassed about this one. It seems indeed that he's making up for a missed youth. There was no need to go public about something silly as twitter.

Posted Image

Edited by F1ultimate, 08 October 2012 - 14:03.

Advertisement

#1820 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 1,526 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:28

I'm with Brundle aswell.

I prefer people who think loud and say what they think, at least you know with them what kind of person they are and if you want to stick with them or not than people who never say what they think and are rather silent and smile. You can't trust people like this and at least to me Button seems like this, he always smiles like crazy in front of the camera and chooses his words very carefully.

Nah, there's a difference between expressing your opinion and just spouting any old nonsense just because you want to 'speak your mind'. It isn't a virtue, I see it as a sign of undeveloped intelligence.

Look at Button - he hasn't commented on the tweets via his account and has just left Lewis to make a complete tool of himself.

#1821 Jamiednm

Jamiednm

• 1,526 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:38

No that would be a normal timid person.

No, it's the actions of a confident, intelligent person who doesn't feel the need to make up for some obvious insecurities.

I'm a Lewis fan, he's still my favourite driver in F1 and I've never really seen the reasoning for the slating he has got throughout his career because of his attitude.

I've definitely seen another side to him this year and I don't like it - he doesn't concentrate enough on the job at hand and lets trivial matters distract him. That is one of the reasons why he hasn't got the multiple WDCs his talent deserves.

#1822 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:57

It's a shame he's used twitter in such a bad way, I think he's going to be using it much more sparingly from now on...

#1823 matthewf1

matthewf1

• 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:00

Just when you think this man can't do anything else stupid, he manages to once again. What the hell have Mercedes let themselves in for? They have hired a petulant child, no more. He was so miserable with 9th on Saturday, yet the Merc boys would have loved to have been 9th. That would be a good result for them at the mo, and possibly will be next season as well.

Hamilton has no chance of building a team around him at Mercedes. He does not have it in him. He is no MSC, no Alonso, no Vettel, no Button. He will never win the championship again. I have had enough of him. His has a great chance to win the title this year, yet all weekend, it seemed like he has already given up.

Now having a go at Button on twitter, what was he thinking. I am not a Button fan at all, but McLaren will be better for getting rid of Hamilton.

#1824 PinkZepStones

PinkZepStones

• 220 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:00

Its getting harder and harder to support Lewis,

The guy has one WDC and the 2010 Monza crash started the ball rolling with me to just lose more and more faith, true fan? Perhaps not according to some ive had more then enough of the bad times to go with the good, the good generally only being 2008 and even then only Brazil.

However there are no other drivers i feel gravitated to, Vettel is not as good as made out for me, and Alonso i half support but cant fully for some reason.

Lewis is such a kid its unreal, i have more maturity at 7 years younger. I hear about Vettels favourite pastime being with long time girlfriend and Alonso performed admirably during his divorce, Lewis is out with total wrong sort of people that sing about killing cops when hes a little ponce from a hertfordshire town (id know i live 10 minutes away from it) that has very typically took the young successful black male route and totally lost his new boy 2007 charm.

Some people are in supporting the drivers purely on driving, nobody likes Schumachers dress sense do they? But i can help but take these things into account, i feel sorry for the lad, he has broken barriers in sport and i feel Mclaren have lost him so many title shots im glad hes leaving for Merc.

I will never be able to lose that spot in my heart (gooey i know) for him, he got me in the sport and hes electric, good or bad he is the sport for me, like Senna was even in 92 and 93 when Mansell and Hill were about people didnt even follow senna but at the track theyd make the special effort to watch Senna on track till hed gone out of view, its the same with Lewis, however Senna performed always on track and Lewis generally does but other times can be so ridiculously stupid.

Really dont know what to do about him either.

#1825 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:04

Just when you think this man can't do anything else stupid, he manages to once again. What the hell have Mercedes let themselves in for? They have hired a petulant child, no more. He was so miserable with 9th on Saturday, yet the Merc boys would have loved to have been 9th. That would be a good result for them at the mo, and possibly will be next season as well.

Hamilton has no chance of building a team around him at Mercedes. He does not have it in him. He is no MSC, no Alonso, no Vettel, no Button. He will never win the championship again. I have had enough of him. His has a great chance to win the title this year, yet all weekend, it seemed like he has already given up.

Now having a go at Button on twitter, what was he thinking. I am not a Button fan at all, but McLaren will be better for getting rid of Hamilton.

Also a guy who would be leading the championship but for bad luck, and team errors?

Yes the twitter thing was stupid, but the conclusions you draw from it are entirely disconnected from the incident itself and the real implications of it.

I can't help but feel this is just a post to bash, and the twitter thing merely an excuse.

Edited by Kvothe, 08 October 2012 - 15:04.

#1826 skidmarks

skidmarks

• 102 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:14

It's a pretty poor showing from Lewis and no mistake. He should have gotten his facts straight first, instead of tweeting his feelings about it. Maybe asking Jenson directly? Of course, that last bit might not be such a great idea as there could be a little bit of strain between the two right now.

There's really no excuse for this kind of drama, especially at 27 years of age.

I understand that maybe Lewis's maturity isn't really "there" yet after spending so long, growing up in the bubble that he's been living in. I try to recall what I was like at 27, wondering if I would do the same thing. If I'm totally honest, I'd say that I don't really have an answer. I wonder if any of us can honestly say that we wouldn't have been so silly?

Regardless, there's no going back on this for him and it really was a dumb comment to make.

#1827 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,822 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:17

A lewis win in Korea and this will all blow over, and its a track he usually goes well at, scoring the first non red bull pole position last year.

Let's hope tyre marbles don't get caught in his front wing this time.

#1828 ElDictatore

ElDictatore

• 863 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:17

Guys, it's just a tweet. It's like people & media are waiting for Lewis making a mistake and jump on him when the time is right. I don't think McLaren or Jenson even care, so let's focus on racing, shall we?

#1829 kpchelsea

kpchelsea

• 249 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:21

There is nothing wrong with tweets except the bird should try to be more careful. Hope its a lesson learnt,but Lewis hasnt learnt after posting the data. Disappointed with him, because now I start to feel did he really think through the Merc deal. Get a hold on yourself man.

Same here i'm not really that sure about his decision making

#1830 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:21

A lewis win in Korea and this will all blow over, and its a track he usually goes well at, scoring the first non red bull pole position last year.

Yeah car equality with Red Bull last season led to the only non Red Bull pole last year, given half a chance he can get pole again. :up: :up:

#1831 bub

bub

• 2,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:23

he doesn't concentrate enough on the job at hand and lets trivial matters distract him. That is one of the reasons why he hasn't got the multiple WDCs his talent deserves.

He should have learned by now to think before he tweets/speaks but I don't think he gets distracted much. I'm sure with his rise to stardom and level of fame there have been a he'll of a lot of distractions but he's only had the odd off day that you would expect from any human being.
I also don't think he's insecure. To me if anything it seems he's overconfident, a bit immature and quick to speak his mind without always thinking it through.

#1832 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:31

I hope Lewis never stops using Twitter. It's hilarious!!

Yes it is and many in motorsport are having a lot of laughs with it

alexander wurz ‏@alex_wurz
@JensonButton follows me on twitter, and I am not even his team mate ....

lololol

kudos to Jenson though, not a word
totally ignores Lewis and his twitter train-wreck :up:

#1833 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,934 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:33

Man,i am the only one who thinks he tried to make a dig on Button that he could apologize later ?

Doesn't make any sense the talk about respect,even if Button unfollowed him.

If he feels "backstabbed" Hamilton should talk want he really thinks now,he is going to merc anyway,talk what you really think Lewis.

Edited by Boxerevo, 08 October 2012 - 15:35.

#1834 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:33

That was said after Spa and just a few weeks later there is the next twittergate He drives great this year, but it is time somebody takes away his smartphone and computer and sents him to his room.

#1835 McStiggy

McStiggy

• 27 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:36

Can't help but think this is just an excuse for haters to spit all over him. I honestly don't see what's so wrong about what happened on twitter, he's a human, just like all of us. I really do find it funny that some people are portraying him as an evil, evil person because of a relatively minor thing on twitter. I think some people need to grow up a bit here.

First post btw. :)

#1836 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,177 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:36

Maybe Button only follows drivers he is faster than.

Thats why he follows wurz etc.... not fred lewis or Seb.

#1837 bub

bub

• 2,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:41

lololol

Wurz seems to like sticking the boot in. Jealousy perhaps?

#1838 Juggles

Juggles

• 896 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:43

He should have learned by now to think before he tweets/speaks but I don't think he gets distracted much. I'm sure with his rise to stardom and level of fame there have been a he'll of a lot of distractions but he's only had the odd off day that you would expect from any human being.
I also don't think he's insecure. To me if anything it seems he's overconfident, a bit immature and quick to speak his mind without always thinking it through.

I think he's neurotically insecure. I don't think this particularly incident shows insecurity but the telemetry tweets at Spa did. When he gets beaten by a teammate he needs to justify his loss not only to himself but to as many people who will listen.

Happily, to quote David Mitchell, I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz. He has shown outstanding focus and determination all year on the track and hasn't made a mistake which is particularly impressive off the back of 2011. When his twitter outpourings actually affect his results maybe I'll bother giving them a second thought. The form that criticism of Hamilton has taken this season just tells me he is driving impeccably.

And I said it in a previous post but it seems so hypocritical to be foaming at the mouth about something someone said on Twitter while at the same time ridiculing that someone's reaction to a slight (perceived or otherwise) on...yes...Twitter.

#1839 WitnessX

WitnessX

• 1,153 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:44

Guys, it's just a tweet. It's like people & media are waiting for Lewis making a mistake and jump on him when the time is right. I don't think McLaren or Jenson even care, so let's focus on racing, shall we?

And the ten commandments were just a bunch of words on stone, but who can deny their affect on history.

He publicly accused Button of having no respect for him.

Advertisement

#1840 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:46

He put himself in this position he is a stupid idiot. I hope Anthony,nic,nicole,d.cotton,ron dennis.whitmarsh and button give him a back hander it's what he deserves.

#1841 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,428 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:47

The form that criticism of Hamilton has taken this season just tells me he is driving impeccably.

:up:

#1842 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,447 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:47

TBH - I don't think that there's a person on this planet that is not insecure about something to some to some degree. It's a fundamental human trait....... And F1 drivers are particularly good at it.

It's just that Lewis seems to wear his heart on his sleeve....... and hits "send" before he's engaged the grey matter........

Edited by maverick69, 08 October 2012 - 15:48.

#1843 P123

P123

• 8,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:50

And the ten commandments were just a bunch of words on stone, but who can deny their affect on history.

He publicly accused Button of having no respect for him.

How will JB ever get over it? :cry:

PS I'd hope he's not as thin skinned as LH... he should be smiling. Just as LH should have been smiling over his (mistaken) belief that JB had unfollowed him.

#1844 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:59

Wurz seems to like sticking the boot in. Jealousy perhaps?

Wurz jealous?
Not really me thinks
the guy seems to lead quite a blessed life

but he's a pal of Jenson [they train together in MC] so that might be a reason he's poking some fun @ Lewis

#1845 CoolFiltered

CoolFiltered

• 1,036 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:03

Yes it is and many in motorsport are having a lot of laughs with it

lololol

kudos to Jenson though, not a word
totally ignores Lewis and his twitter train-wreck
:up:

Therein lies a major differences between the two, Jenson is very publicly, and wrongly, accused of a lack of respect, he's presented with the perfect opportunity, and the perfect vehicle with which to have a go back, to be justifiably critical of his teammate, publicly if he so desired, but he refuses to stick the boot in, as he has done when presented with ample opportunity before.

Lewis may be the slightly better driver, Jenson is far and away the better man.

#1846 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:10

Therein lies a major differences between the two, Jenson is very publicly, and wrongly, accused of a lack of respect, he's presented with the perfect opportunity, and the perfect vehicle with which to have a go back, to be justifiably critical of his teammate, publicly if he so desired, but he refuses to stick the boot in, as he has done when presented with ample opportunity before.

Jenson is far and away the better man publicly. The truth is no matter how much we see in the public eye, we will NEVER know what these drivers are like behind closed doors.

#1847 bub

bub

• 2,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:14

Wurz jealous?

That's how it comes across when you never miss an opportunity to have a childish dig at a much better and more successful driver than yourself.

Seems both Hamilton and Wurz could learn a thing or two from Jenson.

#1848 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:16

Morality equation (magnitude of immoral behaviour):

Twitter buffoonery > Breach of Contract

Thanks for the insight.

Edited by stanga, 08 October 2012 - 16:18.

#1849 John Player

John Player

• 420 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:21

I like Lewis as a driver but seriously, whats going on with his mind? He seems very weak and insecure.

#1850 MinT

MinT

• 2,029 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:21

You just have to laugh really :rotfl: :rotfl:

If Brawn has any sense he will have built in a "no Twitter" clause into Hamis Merc contract.

Hamilton is the Grojean of the Twitter world - numerous cock-ups but still keeps his foot to the floor