Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#2001 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:21

I believe in freedom of speech too, but slating a fellow employ - and it was very public, on a format with 10million users - is not good form, is it? As for:

"How do you know for a fact that McLaren have reprimanded Hamilton?"

Because a company with a management ethic as strong as McLaren's would certainly take a dim view of one employee slagging off another in public.

lol don't feel sorry for Jenson over this cos if anything Jenson has came out looking like the better man(depending on perspective) and as we have all rightly said Lewis has came out with egg on his face.....personally i think the embarrassment is punishment enough for Lewis and the sooner he leaves it behind the better.

Edited by light, 09 October 2012 - 13:26.

Advertisement

#2002 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 5,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:21

Has our boy done anything stupid today?

Not one single tweet today.... it's very sad

#2003 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,814 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:24

That one tweet though was just the latest, on at least 3 separate occasions his tweets have caused controversy, and at least 2 have resulted in him being told to remove them by his employer iirc, its fair to enquire as to why his employer would make him remove them, in the case of the telemetry tweet after the horse has bolted, I believe its also fair to assume that his employer might be worried about the impact on sponsors.

When more column inches are devoted to examples of his childish behaviour than of his driving, sponsors will take note.

You recall incorrectly, McLaren only ever asked for the telemtery tweet to be taken down for obvious reasons.

Also what's wrong with his tweets being controversial? Only his fans have cause to shake their heads in embarressrment, for everyone else it adds to the publicity of F1.

LH must be Bernie Ecclestone's wet dream.

#2004 Steve99

Steve99

• 69 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:28

It wasn't a slating in any sense of the word, I think your opinion is typical of the over reaction commonly attributed with anything Lewis does, and speaks volumes about you and not him.

You know precisely nothing about me; far from over-reacting, I'm querying why a grown up, adult, apparently mature professional would choose to act like a schoolkid and get all upset about his team mate 'disrespecting' him - which is, as far as I'm concerned, an insult - in public rather than sorting it out, man to man, in private. It doesn't take a genius to see that he would have saved himself a lot of embarrasment and unwanted bad press by actually asking Jenson rather than Tweeting it to millions. It's schoolboy behaviour at the very best, and smacks of immaturity. That's really the image his management want him to portray.

#2005 royalblue0

royalblue0

• 491 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:37

Jesus wept. Hello Mr Storm, may I introduce you to Mr Teacup?

#2006 light

light

• 143 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:38

Korea could be a very pivotal weekend for Lewis and it will be interesting to see whether he can get the performance back into the car.

Edited by Mandzipop, 09 October 2012 - 15:09.
Quoting a deleted post

#2007 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 2,916 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:41

No surprise really. Jenson is as two faced as they come. Just look at his past contract negotiations for proof, he couldn't wait for the ink to dry before changing his mind. He can't be trusted. But because he sucks up to the beeb and pretends to play the gentleman you sheep get sucked into his bullcrap!

Lewis has done absolutely nothing wrong, he stated Button isn't respectful, which is the truth. Nuff said.

Those contract negotiations were a blight on his career, but I think there were other issues behind the scenes and Jenson, being naive, got swayed by his management company to move. Jenson doesn't suck up to nobody, he just plays it cool and has a good team around him. He's always around for an interview on the grid. There are no pretensions. Like any driver, they can't be trusted, but it's such a competitive sport.

Lewis wasn't respectful, what he did at SPA was a disgrace. Nuff said.

Edited by Dalton007, 09 October 2012 - 13:42.

#2008 SR388

SR388

• 3,774 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:47

Not one single tweet today.... it's very sad

It's still early. Plenty of time to make us all seem silly for supporting him.

Im all for free speech. But c'mon.

#2009 dhill39

dhill39

• 418 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:21

I thought this twitter thing would be dying down by now.

#2010 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:27

You recall incorrectly, McLaren only ever asked for the telemtery tweet to be taken down for obvious reasons.

Also what's wrong with his tweets being controversial? Only his fans have cause to shake their heads in embarressrment, for everyone else it adds to the publicity of F1.

LH must be Bernie Ecclestone's wet dream.

Yes, I wasn't sure which is why i added the iirc, the first one he removed of his own volition.

As to whats wrong with his controversial tweets, read robefc's post on the previous page, he goes a long way to explain it very well, I would add that if you believe its only his fans that are shaking their heads you're mistaken, clearly his employers have shaken their heads in the past, and if his employers have then the sponsors probably have.

I also think you're mistaken if you think there's no such thing as bad publicity, in fact i'm incredulous that anyone could hold that view, whilst you may or may not agree with the Ratner analogy it clearly show how adverse publicity can do substantial damage to a business or an individual, and i would class Lewis's public disclosure of McLarens telemetry, and his accusation about Jensons lack of respect as adverse.

#2011 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:38

Those contract negotiations were a blight on his career, but I think there were other issues behind the scenes and Jenson, being naive, got swayed by his management company to move. Jenson doesn't suck up to nobody, he just plays it cool and has a good team around him. He's always around for an interview on the grid. There are no pretensions. Like any driver, they can't be trusted, but it's such a competitive sport.

Lewis wasn't respectful, what he did at SPA was a disgrace. Nuff said.

Jenson unfollowing or never following Lewis on twitter but immediately following Checo is disrespectful, but that's exactly the kind of two faced guy he is.

#2012 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 5,562 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:47

Jenson unfollowing or never following Lewis on twitter but immediately following Checo is disrespectful, but that's exactly the kind of two faced guy he is.

Terrible really, genuinely terrible!

#2013 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:52

Are you digging up some proof that Jenson did initially follow Lewis on twitter ?

#2014 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,087 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:55

Why does Jenson have a requirement to follow his team-mate on twitter. Please answer that to me?

#2015 blackmme

blackmme

• 427 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:59

Jesus wept. Hello Mr Storm, may I introduce you to Mr Teacup?

:clap:

Regards Mike

#2016 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,099 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:05

I see you edited your post where you claimed Jenson never following LH was a total lie.

Perhaps we can assume you did type something on a public forum and then realize your error? It wouldn't be the first time someone has done it after all.

I seem to recall an apology was made in that instance, even though at least 1 person didn't think he should have apologized.

#2017 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 4,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:05

Why does Jenson have a requirement to follow his team-mate on twitter. Please answer that to me?

He doesn't, so why follow Checo? Answer me that.

#2018 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,404 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:07

'Two-faced' would be following Lewis on twitter, but not actually reading the tweets. :lol:

#2019 JRizzle86

JRizzle86

• 2,087 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:09

He doesn't, so why follow Checo? Answer me that.

Because he is a human being capable of independent thought... Maybe he likes Sergio more than Lewis...Maybe just maybe he is allowed to add whomever he wishes.

Advertisement

#2020 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:13

There are no requirements are there? Jenson would go up in my eyes if he tweeted 'no worries mate' to Lewis but he hasn't, so he hasn't. For example.

Lewis goes down in my eyes when he does things like Hungary 07, telemetrygate, says something about God, or even this latest thing very slightly; then he goes up again when for example he says so little about Grosjean or holds off Kimi out of the pits. It's all a matter of perspective; and in some cases predisposition.

#2021 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,134 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:15

This is the racing comments section, not celebrity gossip on Twitter. That is suitable for the Paddock Club but not here. Whoever follows Lewis on Twitter is nothing to do with his racing. It is now taking the thread way off topic.

Please stay on topic

Further posts regarding the subject will be removed.

#2022 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,419 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:06

This is the racing comments section, not celebrity gossip on Twitter. That is suitable for the Paddock Club but not here. Whoever follows Lewis on Twitter is nothing to do with his racing. It is now taking the thread way off topic.

Please stay on topic

Thank god for that.

#2023 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:29

Please stay on topic

Hallelujah!

On a more serious note I do think if Lewis wins in Korea with Jenson bringing it home in second, there is still a very real shot at the WDC for LH. I don't see the Ferrari being strong here and I just hope a couple of cars get in between the McLarens and RBRs

Edited by alframsey, 09 October 2012 - 16:31.

#2024 fed up

fed up

• 1,953 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:33

Please stay on topic

Well said that man/woman

:clap:

#2025 Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

• 751 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:36

Is it safe to browse this topic again without laughing at the inanity of it all?

Really?

Phew!

#2026 speng

speng

• 1,278 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:44

Please stay on topic

Thank you

#2027 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,481 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:47

Posts discussing the upcoming race in Korea have been moved to http://forums.autosp...p;#entry5965212

#2028 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 19:22

Your rhetoric is growing old. We get it. You don't like Lewis.

This isnt true. I have aupported Lewis since his GP2 days an being a McLaren team fan I have aupportes him sonce day 1, but i am sick to death of the baggage that comes with him, including his fanboys which are on par with Alonso's (whichin my opinion are the most fanatical)

#2029 Skellen

Skellen

• 513 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 19:32

Can non UK guys see it somewhere?

If anybody was still looking for it:

Lewis Hamilton - the McLaren years

Quite emotional and even I (Ferrari man) was moved. Just a little bit. But still. Everything has an ending, afterall...

#2030 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,481 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 19:45

Thanks, Skellen!

Nice to see.

#2031 Curt000

Curt000

• 207 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:02

Anybody done any scenarios for Lewis needs to do to win championship and know were others need to finish. With out saying needs to win all races.

#2032 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 1,316 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:22

I don't think there's any point in doing any of that. What will be, will be

#2033 Mr.Fiasco

Mr.Fiasco

• 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:24

If anybody was still looking for it:

Lewis Hamilton - the McLaren years

Quite emotional and even I (Ferrari man) was moved. Just a little bit. But still. Everything has an ending, afterall...

:up: I miss the 2007/2008 seasons.

#2034 Fondmetal

Fondmetal

• 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:46

:up: I miss the 2007/2008 seasons.

Lewis has lost the plot, I very much doubt he will ever win the championship again. He barely won it in 2008, since then his priority seems to be twitter fame, mixing with Rap stars and Hollywood A listers, he seems too worried about boosting his fame than focusing on his driving. His management company are laughing all the way to the bank, more so as they managed to get him the Merc drive, which had a lot to do with the financial gain and how Mercedes could use hamilton to boost sales into the US celebrity circles.

#2035 Nycco

Nycco

• 264 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 23:11

I think it's pretty much certain that Lewis will come back to McLaren after three unsuccessful years at Mercedes. He will be back and he will still be very young. The story is not over yet. In the meantime Button will get old and Perez will move to Ferrari after 2 or 3 seasons so McLaren will get Lewis back.

#2036 SR388

SR388

• 3,774 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:25

I am getting a custom Lewis Hamilton figure made for me. It won't be 100% accurate but I look forward to the results.

Edited by SR388, 10 October 2012 - 02:32.

#2037 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:41

I am getting a custom Lewis Hamilton figure made for me. It won't be 100% accurate but I look forward to the results.

like a doll??

#2038 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 1,929 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:49

Show us later,or some preview.

#2039 SR388

SR388

• 3,774 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:56

like a doll??

Yeah, or action figure.

Here is the dudes site. To provide an example of what I mean. The figure is going to be helmet off and he has to use a football player's head in this instance. I think when it's done it should look pretty good.

http://www.dustyscus...es.com/gallery/

Edited by SR388, 10 October 2012 - 03:05.

Advertisement

#2040 prabha71

prabha71

• 151 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:23

like a doll??

How DARE you say "Doll"... (said in David Beckham voice)

Guys call it an "Action Figure" (said in deep baritone James Earl Jones voice)

:p

Edited by prabha71, 10 October 2012 - 04:25.

#2041 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54

Yeah, or action figure.

Here is the dudes site. To provide an example of what I mean. The figure is going to be helmet off and he has to use a football player's head in this instance. I think when it's done it should look pretty good.

http://www.dustyscus...es.com/gallery/

ohhhhh.......hmmm....

#2042 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,164 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:31

This should be a relief for you guys :)

#2043 peroa

peroa

• 8,865 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:35

Why should it?
Cock up after cock up costing points...

#2044 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:35

With the dramatic and sudden struggle with the drop in pace from Friday to Sunday, I don't think anybody is suprised McLaren found a fault on the car.

#2045 peroa

peroa

• 8,865 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:40

With the dramatic and sudden struggle with the drop in pace from Friday to Sunday, I don't think anybody is suprised McLaren found a fault on the car.

The sad thing is that an army of engineers couldn't find it on Saturday.

#2046 as65p

as65p

• 17,181 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:46

Hm, Hamilton talking of reasons outside his control after a race he was slower than Button, who would have thought.  ;)

Hopefully some journos will be quizzing the McLaren engineers about the nature of that issue.

#2047 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:59

What. Another mistake from the team that cost a significant number of points. Nothin new.

#2048 bauss

bauss

• 4,963 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:03

"I know my car very well, so it's very rare that I get it wrong. And if I do it's only a little bit and I can still manage it.

No lie.

I'm sure he will be back this weekend.

#2049 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,817 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:15

It's a relief as in Hamilton didn't cock it up on hiw own, but shocking as in McLaren are still easily capable of shooting their feet.

#2050 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,419 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:22

Unbelievable.......

In fact - it is quite believable given how things have gone this year. Cock-up after bloody cock-up.