Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#2151 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 3,844 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:48

This > :rolleyes: < is directed to anyone claiming or even insinuating that Mclaren are deliberately hindering Lewis. What possible benefit is there to do that?!? Mclaren are very much in the hunt for their first constructors title in years, no way would they hurt the performance of one of their cars to "get back at Lewis" or whatever.

when you think about it, it doesn't have to be "McLaren" it could simply be one or two disgruntled engineers.

Advertisement

#2152 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,170 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:55

This > :rolleyes: < is directed to anyone claiming or even insinuating that Mclaren are deliberately hindering Lewis. What possible benefit is there to do that?!? Mclaren are very much in the hunt for their first constructors title in years, no way would they hurt the performance of one of their cars to "get back at Lewis" or whatever.

Nah ... that's just impossible and totally out of the question ... cause no team would ever do anything bad like that...plus its all about WCC points...and that means prizes. Even if the team is owned by multibillionaires they will fight to the bitter end for that last million pounds ... that's just how they are, driven!

... anyone who says otherwise is a fool who has not been watching for very long.... and never forget teams have total integrity so they would never ever do anything bad... everything they tell us via the press is 100% true.... F1 is the sport with the greatest ethics in the world

#2153 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:56

when you think about it, it doesn't have to be "McLaren" it could simply be one or two disgruntled engineers.

Who would be fired if found out. You really think they'd risk their livelihood for that, have to tell their kids after season's end "sorry, Santa won't be coming this year because Daddy was a naughty boy and sabotaged Lewis Hamilton?"

Edited by topical, 12 October 2012 - 18:57.

#2154 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 18:58

are you sure.....?

Hamilton fastest fp1 - 1:39.1 on 22 lap used softs that he had locked up multiple times

Vettel fastest fp2 - 1.38.8 on brand new super softs on a rubbered in track. plus would have had the benefit of a better setup from fp1 in relation to hamilton

also in fp2, the fastest soft Tyre lap was a 39.4 from webber, so they still cant equal Hamilton in that respect.

Hamilton can easily do vettels supersoft time on softs. in fp1 Hamilton looked good. if McLaren can sort his set up issues out I see no reason why he cant fight for pole. if McLaren are bitter and inducing the understeer to Hamiltons car (they know he can drive around oversteer) then shame on them because he can fight for victory this weekend, it seems.

Glad you put your finger on that, 'cause you're absolutely right. Clearly we've got to assume Hamilton, with a sorted car (he too needs that, atleast a 90% sorted car) can match the Red Bulls based on todays runs.

#2155 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 3,844 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:21

Glad you put your finger on that, 'cause you're absolutely right. Clearly we've got to assume Hamilton, with a sorted car (he too needs that, atleast a 90% sorted car) can match the Red Bulls based on todays runs.

that 39.1 will be a reference for me for the rest of the weekend. to do it on 22 lap softs and a non rubbered in track, suggests Hamilton can get into the 1:37s on new softs, and possibly the 1:36s on super softs. if McLaren cant match that then they seriously haven't lived up to their potential this weekend.

#2156 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:44

...come qualifying I assume you mean then? With the natural progression to the second session, I expected a one second improvement.

Hopefully Hamilton can qualify third tomorrow, that should be very realistic. I actually doubt Red Bull is beatable over one lap this weekend.

#2157 zack1994

zack1994

• 2,368 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:44

that 39.1 will be a reference for me for the rest of the weekend. to do it on 22 lap softs and a non rubbered in track, suggests Hamilton can get into the 1:37s on new softs, and possibly the 1:36s on super softs. if McLaren cant match that then they seriously haven't lived up to their potential this weekend.

Pole time will be in the 1:36s

#2158 P123

P123

• 7,997 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:49

However, I really dont see his mechanics going out of their way to solve any issues

Yeah, because they aren't competitive people themselves. :rolleyes:

#2159 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 19:55

I wouldn't be too surprised if some of the "glow" with some of Hamilton's mechanics (even engineers) have lessened a bit. Where/how will that be visible?
-on the stopwatch.

Advertisement

#2160 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,484 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:31

De Ja vu :|

Wind the clock back to 2007 substituting lewis for Alonso and you'll see the similarities

Mclaren are past masters at it.

One big difference is that McLaren do not have another driver who they think will win the WDC if Lewis doesn't. You are essentially accusing them of helping Red Bull and/or Ferrari.

Edited by garoidb, 12 October 2012 - 20:31.

#2161 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 20:42

Nah ... that's just impossible and totally out of the question ... cause no team would ever do anything bad like that...plus its all about WCC points...and that means prizes. Even if the team is owned by multibillionaires they will fight to the bitter end for that last million pounds ... that's just how they are, driven!

... anyone who says otherwise is a fool who has not been watching for very long.... and never forget teams have total integrity so they would never ever do anything bad... everything they tell us via the press is 100% true.... F1 is the sport with the greatest ethics in the world

Yes, thats exactly what i inferred.

#2162 SR388

SR388

• 3,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:15

Boom, the custom figure I had commissioned. Should be here in a week or so.

Posted Image

#2163 wrexter

wrexter

• 210 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:41

Boom, the custom figure I had commissioned. Should be here in a week or so.

Posted Image

how much and will he make more? :)

#2164 SR388

SR388

• 3,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:13

how much and will he make more? :)

I am not sure. I put down $30 for him to start the project. I suppose I may have to put down at least $50 for the rest.

Here is the front.

I know the head is not accurate, but I am really happy with it!

Posted Image

#2165 SamH123

SamH123

• 1,146 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:39

So happy to see a quick car this morning

#2166 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 3,844 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:44

So happy to see a quick car this morning

not as quick as vettel though :(

#2167 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 555 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:15

Good lap from Lewis. Hopefully our race pace is good on the softs.

#2168 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 3,844 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:17

if Hamilton can jump Vettel at the start (clean side) you feel he'd have a very good chance at winning.

#2169 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 3,844 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:20

time for button to start playing team player, McLaren could start him on softs and try to disrupt vettel and Webber after their stops.

#2170 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:50

Maximum possible achieved today I think, as the Red Bull's, once again, had a one-lap advantage.
I'm not convinced the McLaren can have the legs of the Red Bull in the race though, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and praying for that!

...Hamilton needs to shave! Preferably today!

#2171 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,390 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:49

“In Q3 I’ll happily admit that I ragged the life out of the car and got everything from it, yet Mark [Webber] and Seb [Vettel] both claim they had a little bit left over. We’ll see. Anyway, Jenson showed yesterday that our long-run pace is promising, so I’m really looking forward to the race tomorrow”.

Hamilton took pole in Korea twelve months ago, but was overtaken on the first lap by Sebastian Vettel.

“Beating the Red Bulls will be about making a good getaway, making all the right strategy calls, and not making any mistakes. There’ll be good opportunity for slipstreaming into the first few corners at the start too. I’ll be going all-out for the win tomorrow”.

http://www.f1zone.ne...-the-car/16167/

That's the spirit Lewis :smoking:

Edited by maverick69, 13 October 2012 - 07:49.

#2172 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:50

Be one of the sweetest of the year if he wins tomorrow, as it stands ill take a podium.

#2173 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:13

Be one of the sweetest of the year if he wins tomorrow, as it stands ill take a podium.

RedBull is the better car.

#2174 F1FAN013

F1FAN013

• 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:32

I'm hoping for a good start from Hamilton. We have a good opportunity to get past Vettel on the straights. Can't wait for the race.

#2175 bauss

bauss

• 4,946 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:10

lol @ Ham's facial hair

#2176 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:24

lol @ Ham's facial hair

You see this is why society is messed up , so a man can't have a gruggy beard now . I blame JLS :smoking:

#2177 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,096 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:28

lol @ Ham's facial hair

You should be reminded of Emerson fittipaldis side burns if you think his beard is bad..

#2178 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,471 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 13:05

You should be reminded of Emerson fittipaldis side burns if you think his beard is bad..

Alonso's beard earlier this season looked awful too. These guys must go through phases where they just try to look uncool.

#2179 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,252 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 13:43

RedBull is the better car.

Don't let Alarcon hear you say that.

Advertisement

#2180 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:16

lol @ Ham's facial hair

It's fcukin awful!

#2181 bub

bub

• 1,963 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:19

You see this is why society is messed up

Totally agree. Trying to pressure people into removing what's natural. If Nicole doesn't mind why should anyone else? I think one of the drivers should make a stand and go for the Santa Claus look :D

Pretty decent qualifying. The Red bulls were clearly the fastest cars so best of the rest isn't bad.

#2182 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:24

Don't let Alarcon hear you say that.

:lol:

What is a fact is McLaren is the only team has been fast in every circuit while RB and Ferrari depended the track. When you have 7 different winners, different teams winners and a WDC wich is considered the most equal and difficult on F1 history, it´s hard to say "this one is the fastest".

As I said McLaren has been fast in every track (even faster on Q3 than on race pace), while the others did not. At Monza the difference between them was 1 second faster between McLaren and RB, in Montmelo the same, in Australia, Malaysia, China, Hungary... well, it´s not a question of one race.

However I´m very happy to see Lewis on 3rd and I hope tomorrow he joins Seb on the podium (of course 2nd)...

Edited by Alarcon, 13 October 2012 - 14:24.

#2183 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:25

Posted Image

Nothing wrong with a scruffy look.

Its the same as criticising someone for shaving.

#2184 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 14:39

Nobody says anything when its Vettel or the wet rat look on Button's chompers. lol

#2185 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,252 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 15:33

What is a fact is McLaren is the only team has been fast in every circuit while RB and Ferrari depended the track. When you have 7 different winners, different teams winners and a WDC wich is considered the most equal and difficult on F1 history, it´s hard to say "this one is the fastest".

As I said McLaren has been fast in every track (even faster on Q3 than on race pace), while the others did not. At Monza the difference between them was 1 second faster between McLaren and RB, in Montmelo the same, in Australia, Malaysia, China, Hungary... well, it´s not a question of one race.

However I´m very happy to see Lewis on 3rd and I hope tomorrow he joins Seb on the podium (of course 2nd)...

I assume that was a typo and you meant 1st. :p

#2186 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:08

But McLaren has been problematic on some tracks. At least it was problematic for Button. You can only write that "McLaren is the only team has been fast in every circuit" because Hamilton has been fast at every track. Remove Hamilton from the standings and the second part of your post also becomes true for McLaren

#2187 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:38

Posted Image

Nothing wrong with a scruffy look.

Its the same as criticising someone for shaving.

The irony that in 2007 a certain Spaniard was lambasted for having something similar :lol:

#2188 bauss

bauss

• 4,946 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:54

I'm not dissing it, its just funny to see...

I suspect it is like this because he's been in Asia for about 2 weeks now... since b4 Suzuka and hasn't had the chance to visit his barber to give him his normal cut.

#2189 MP422

MP422

• 1,717 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:11

Ham's thinks he is the second coming of Bob Marley now... The nerve...

#2190 SR388

SR388

• 3,700 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:19

I'm not dissing it, its just funny to see...

I suspect it is like this because he's been in Asia for about 2 weeks now... since b4 Suzuka and hasn't had the chance to visit his barber to give him his normal cut.

Hamilton usually keeps a very fresh haircut.

That would be a fun quest. Find a barbershop in Japan that cuts black folks hair.

#2191 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,428 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:22

Totally agree. Trying to pressure people into removing what's natural. If Nicole doesn't mind why should anyone else? I think one of the drivers should make a stand and go for the Santa Claus look :D

Pretty decent qualifying. The Red bulls were clearly the fastest cars so best of the rest isn't bad.

I don't mind his beard, I just think it's very ugly, but, I thought he'd ditched Scherzinger?

Looking very much forward to see how the three top teams rank between one another tomorrow. Funny and intriguing to see that the guys in the know has only singled out Ferrari and/or McLaren... Personally I believe there wont be much between them at all, maybe even Räikkönen can join in, but if anyone will run away, I fear it's going to be Vettel.....

#2192 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,471 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:32

The irony that in 2007 a certain Spaniard was lambasted for having something similar :lol:

In fairness though, Fred looks like a moron with a beard lol. Doesn't suit him at all.
McLaren like the clean look, although Button is rarely clean shaven. I think it was more a Ron Dennis thing than anything else.

#2193 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:39

Guys i know this is abit late but what did Lewis/mclaren change on his car to be competitive in Final practise after struggling yesterday.

#2194 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 18:45

Guys i know this is abit late but what did Lewis/mclaren change on his car to be competitive in Final practise after struggling yesterday.

Maybe there was no change at all and if there was he would have had pole? If you know what I mean.

#2195 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 19:32

nothing.....he was just a bit more vigilant so that the engineers from the other side of the garage could not piss in fuel tank like they did earlier :)

#2196 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:13

But McLaren has been problematic on some tracks. At least it was problematic for Button. You can only write that "McLaren is the only team has been fast in every circuit" because Hamilton has been fast at every track. Remove Hamilton from the standings and the second part of your post also becomes true for McLaren

Well you are right, but last season happened with Mark. He was far away from the Seb performance with the RB, then... where finish the car performance and begins the driver ability??? And Jenson is not a good qualifier (Lewis is overall much better driver than him).

I still remember some mcLaren fans pointing how amazing RB was while Mark finishing far away...;)

However the average positions on the grid are:

Vettel: 4,6
Hamilton: 4,7
Alonso: 6,2
Mark: 6,4
Jenson: 6,6

Then they are close.

#2197 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:17

I assume that was a typo and you meant 1st. :p

Sorry mate, I admire and even support Lewis... but Seb will always be "my baby".

:p

#2198 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,787 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:39

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Lewis Hamilton admits there are those at McLaren who will not be saddened by his departure after almost 15 years with the team.
His attempt to host a farewell party backfired in Japan last weekend when team members opted instead to spend the evening in the company of his team-mate, Jenson Button, he disclosed on the eve of the Korean Grand Prix.

After claiming third place on the grid for the race in Korea, Hamilton conceded: ‘There will be people [at McLaren] who are happy I am going, some who are unhappy I am going. In life, you cannot have 1,000 people all with you. Some will be sad, some will be supportive. That’s how things are.’

Hamilton’s plan to host his team on the road in the Far East to a party at a bowling alley in Japan last Saturday fell apart when he discovered the majority had already accepted an invitation from Button to participate in a fun-run for charity.
‘I booked 16 lanes at the bowling on Saturday night, but something else came up,’ he confessed. ‘They were committed to doing the run and went with JB and the rest of the team.’

The real reason Lewis left McLaren?

Also may have explain his public tweet to JB, ie calling him out.

Edited by Kvothe, 13 October 2012 - 20:40.

#2199 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,471 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:47

If I was Lewis after reading that (if its entirely true) I would leave McLaren without muttering a word. I wouldn't waste my breath.

Advertisement

#2200 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:50

Wow. That's appalling, if true.

No wonder why Lewis was so happy to jump ship. Seems that McLaren's corporate DNA doesn't mesh well with top drivers.