Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#2201 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:54

If I was Lewis after reading that (if its entirely true) I would leave McLaren without muttering a word. I wouldn't waste my breath.

I dont know - seems like they were already comitted to Buttons run.....

Im sure they will do something when he leaves as surely he cantg be that much of an ass that after 13 years no-one wants to wish him well when he goes.

I also agree with his final statement there ‘I have never felt that I have not given it my all or anything like that, because I have given it all I have.’

he has been one of the most successful mclaren drivers in history -

Edited by gricey1981, 13 October 2012 - 20:57.

Advertisement

#2202 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,852 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 20:54

If I was Lewis after reading that (if its entirely true) I would leave McLaren without muttering a word. I wouldn't waste my breath.

Yep it might be a case of putting two things together (the quote about not everyone liking him, and the fact the McLaren mechanics were already committed to the fun run).

It does seem that there are members on the team that don't like him. On the Chinese Grand Prix 2010 f1 forum, there's a scene where Lewis is shaking hands with all of the guys, and one ignores flat out ignores the hand, which seemed very disrespectful, even if you don't like the guy. It's

#2203 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:04

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

The real reason Lewis left McLaren?

Also may have explain his public tweet to JB, ie calling him out.

Can't see the problem really
People were already committed to something JB had organized, tough luck or bad planning

Sure there'll be some happy to see him go but surely the vast majority must have positive memories of their stint with Lewis, he was their last WDC for Christ sake.

Ronzo being not on speaking terms with Lewis because he is leaving would just be petty :down:

#2204 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,744 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:14

I wonder if that's really true, Dennis not wanting to speak to him. I remember Hamilton saying last week he had tried to get hold of Ron but couldn't....

#2205 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:25

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

The real reason Lewis left McLaren?

Also may have explain his public tweet to JB, ie calling him out.

This is what I told you folks about 2 weeks ago.... the folks at Macca are not shedding any tears... from their point of view he needs to grow up on someone else's dime.... its sad but it is what it is.

#2206 Coral

Coral

• 2,842 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:41

I have no doubt whatsoever that it is true. It has been clear to me for well over two years that Lewis was no longer liked or wanted at McLaren. Poor Lewis, no wonder he has been so unhappy. :cry:

Lewis has done absolutely the right thing by moving to Mercedes...I am convinced that there are better times ahead for him. McLaren can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.

#2207 dhill39

dhill39

• 424 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:48

Thats got to be the worst position to be in,you show up at work and you are not feeling liked.The season can't finish fast enough for me,he will not get anything out of the remaining races,the team won't allow it.

#2208 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 21:54

I think that article is very clear that anyone who thought it was a mistake to move is wrong. Lewis deserves better. Shame on Mclaren :down:

#2209 techspeed

techspeed

• 372 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:02

Really?

If you wanted to organise a party for your work colleagues, only to discover that the people you were going to invite were already going to take part in a charity event, you would walk out of the company you are working for? Because that's what you are saying in your quote above. :drunk:

BTW McLarens personnel were taking part in the Run That Track event at Suzuka, where every person who manages a lap of the track raises $200 for charity. If McLaren were planning on doing it then surely Hamilton should have known about it beforehand. The Daily mail is not a newspaper or website I would trust for any information.

#2210 F1FAN013

F1FAN013

• 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:05

I guess Lewis made the right decision for himself to feel a lot more comfortable within an environment. It is a shame the relationship has been strained for him with Mclaren. He deserves a lot better. :|

#2211 robefc

robefc

• 8,099 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:12

Really?

If you wanted to organise a party for your work colleagues, only to discover that the people you were going to invite were already going to take part in a charity event, you would walk out of the company you are working for? Because that's what you are saying in your quote above. :drunk:

BTW McLarens personnel were taking part in the Run That Track event at Suzuka, where every person who manages a lap of the track raises $200 for charity. If McLaren were planning on doing it then surely Hamilton should have known about it beforehand. The Daily mail is not a newspaper or website I would trust for any information.

It's in the telegraph too, seems Lewis didn't know about it or wasn't invited, which probably says a lot more than the fact than everyone was already pre-booked so couldn't make the bowling.

#2212 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:16

It's in the telegraph too, seems Lewis didn't know about it or wasn't invited, which probably says a lot more than the fact than everyone was already pre-booked so couldn't make the bowling.

Jenson knows better than to ask Lewis out for a run  ;)

#2213 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:18

Jenson knows better than to ask Lewis out for a run ;)

Arrgh... you're too fast for me tonight. :mad:

:D

#2214 ayali

ayali

• 729 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:21

Of course they didn't invite him, he chickened out when Button dared him to a triathlon and (despite some here claiming him to have Messi like football abilities) never shows for the F1 charity football matches.;)

edit: Arrgh I'm even slower as65p

Edited by ayali, 13 October 2012 - 22:23.

#2215 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:29

This is what I told you folks about 2 weeks ago.... the folks at Macca are not shedding any tears... from their point of view he needs to grow up on someone else's dime.... its sad but it is what it is.

Thats the thing I dont get though.

Hes a F1 driver - many of them are c*cks. Hamilton is one of the best and must be one of the top 5 macca drivers ever. Shouldnt the team just get on with it. he cant have been a bigger ass than Mansell was in his pomp.

If the ultimate pursuit is winning then what does it matter if the driver is a bit of a c*ck. hes not paid to be the company lovey. Hes paid to put the car on pole and win the race, ehich is something Hamilton currently is doing better than his team mate. He is there only wdc in the last 13 years.

What has he done to warrant that amount of dislike? I dont buy the twitter thing - people have done much worse.

if it is how you say then surely they take him for granted and think that he owes them or something. I think losing Lewis will hurt them more than they realize.

Edited by gricey1981, 13 October 2012 - 22:32.

#2216 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:30

What amount of dislike? Ballpark figures are fine.

#2217 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:35

What amount of dislike? Ballpark figures are fine.

Well I mean if they are happy to see him go, he must have royally peed them all off. I mean the guys a great racing driver.

#2218 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 5,361 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:35

It's really quite pathetic. Hamilton really did give his all for the team on track and this is how he is repaid. I'd like to think that the people who have alienated him aren't responsible for any of his bad luck this season, but it feels like they'd go to any lengths to do bad to Lewis.

#2219 robefc

robefc

• 8,099 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:42

Jenson knows better than to ask Lewis out for a run ;)

:lol:

And the rush of other posters makes it even funnier!

Advertisement

#2220 robefc

robefc

• 8,099 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:45

It's really quite pathetic. Hamilton really did give his all for the team on track and this is how he is repaid. I'd like to think that the people who have alienated him aren't responsible for any of his bad luck this season, but it feels like they'd go to any lengths to do bad to Lewis.

I'm not sure accepting an invite from JB and then not going back on it when Lewis subsequently invited them bowling constitutes 'going to any lengths'

#2221 P123

P123

• 8,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:48

And the rush of other posters makes it even funnier!

It was very predictable. :D Mind you, from JB's Twitter he seems to retire from as many triathlons as he finishes, usually for reasons of not wishing to injure himself..........

Anyway, some in McLaren won't be unhappy to see LH leave. It's not really a revelation. I'm sure LH is hard for many of them to relate to on the same sort of buddy level as they do JB.

#2222 P123

P123

• 8,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:49

I'm not sure accepting an invite from JB and then not going back on it when Lewis subsequently invited them bowling constitutes 'going to any lengths'

It's just the press trying to make a story out of it.

#2223 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,497 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:51

It's a pretty piss poor situation. Lewis has done the right thing to get out.

#2224 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:57

Well I mean if they are happy to see him go, he must have royally peed them all off. I mean the guys a great racing driver.

'All'?

Do you work or study with other people? If you do you'll know that it is really very unusual for people to like everyone they work with equally. I work with plenty of people I simply tolerate or largely ignore because there is a common goal we are all striving for and it's better to put these emotions on the back burner. I wouldn't go to their leaving do either.

Undoubtedly there are people in McLaren who dislike Hamilton but equally sure that some think Jenson is a bit of a tosser instead (or as well as). Lewis isn't going to be universally popular; it's just not possible.

I don't want to get into 2007, honestly, but I would argue that the team will have felt a greater antithesis towards Alonso then, than Hamilton now, so if everyone was certain that McLaren were nevertheless prepared to support Alonso fully and without the need for special FIA measures, the same certainty ought to be applied today.

#2225 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:58

It was very predictable. :D Mind you, from JB's Twitter he seems to retire from as many triathlons as he finishes, usually for reasons of not wishing to injure himself..........

Anyway, some in McLaren won't be unhappy to see LH leave. It's not really a revelation. I'm sure LH is hard for many of them to relate to on the same sort of buddy level as they do JB.

They can probably relate to JB better... you know - they have that "second best" attitude, while, I feel Lewis is more of a "second is the first loser" type, just like most of the all-time greats.

#2226 techspeed

techspeed

• 372 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 22:58

So it looks like we have a few people on here who seem to have decided that not everyone at a company with over 1000 employees likes another employee, and see that as something unusual. I have worked in a company with 100 employees and thought many of my colleagues weren't worth bothering with.

Do you really, honestly, believe that someone with a personal grudge against Hamilton would deliberately cause his 'bad luck', while knowing he would be sacked if found out? Or do you believe that it's all a great conspiracy theory because Hamilton is leaving, while ignoring the fact that it isn't any different to last year when Hamilton wasn't going to be leaving.

#2227 gricey1981

gricey1981

• 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:04

'All'?

Do you work or study with other people? If you do you'll know that it is really very unusual for people to like everyone they work with equally. I work with plenty of people I simply tolerate or largely ignore because there is a common goal we are all striving for and it's better to put these emotions on the back burner. I wouldn't go to their leaving do either.

Undoubtedly there are people in McLaren who dislike Hamilton but equally sure that some think Jenson is a bit of a tosser instead (or as well as). Lewis isn't going to be universally popular; it's just not possible.

I don't want to get into 2007, honestly, but I would argue that the team will have felt a greater antithesis towards Alonso then, than Hamilton now, so if everyone was certain that McLaren were nevertheless prepared to support Alonso fully and without the need for special FIA measures, the same certainty ought to be applied today.

Well yeah i can definitely see that. My post was a response to JJcales which seemed to insinuate that alot are glad to see him go. i agree with you and what I dont understand is that the team as a whole seem to be pleased to see him go which was what I got from that post.

i also dont believe they would sabotage him either.

Edited by gricey1981, 13 October 2012 - 23:05.

#2228 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,520 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:05

They can probably relate to JB better... you know - they have that "second best" attitude, while, I feel Lewis is more of a "second is the first loser" type, just like most of the all-time greats.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#2229 discover23

discover23

• 4,398 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:07

I wonder if that's really true, Dennis not wanting to speak to him. I remember Hamilton saying last week he had tried to get hold of Ron but couldn't....

Ron lacks human relationship skills.. He also stopped talking to Montoya for a while after his 2005 accident.

#2230 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:12

Well yeah i can definitely see that. My post was a response to JJcales which seemed to insinuate that alot are glad to see him go. i agree with you and what I dont understand is that the team as a whole seem to be pleased to see him go which was what I got from that post.

i also dont believe they would sabotage him either.

I really don't think 'a lot' will be glad to see him go either. He's been with them a long time, through a difficult period, and has brought the team a WDC. At the end of the season I am sure there will be a proper, more appropriate, party organised by the team management. Hamilton is a bit naive and and a bit impetuous, but I don't believe he's a deliberately unpleasant guy. There will be a lot of people who don't enjoy working with him who will still like him and still wish him well. He'll be missed on a personal level, I am certain.

#2231 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:51

#2232 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:52

That tune has changed significantly over the years, hasn't it? Once upon a time LH was described as the guy they could all relate to much easier than to anyone else.

#2233 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 23:55

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The :lol: 's are more than justified, but I doubt we laugh about the same stuff. Mine is the reference to the bolded.... :D

#2234 klyster

klyster

• 4,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 00:30

Having to be obvious when, obviously, everyone knows how obvoius you are, obvoiusly isn't funny. It's just obvoius.....

#2235 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 00:55

The :lol: 's are more than justified, but I doubt we laugh about the same stuff. Mine is the reference to the bolded.... :D

Has the apprentice outmatched the master?

Edited by slmk, 14 October 2012 - 00:56.

#2236 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 741 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:45

'All'?

Yes... but of course in 2007 the main candidates for the title were next to each other in the garage, very different to 2012. I don't want to imagine what will happen if Button and Hamilton were leading right now...

Anyway, looking forward for an exciting fight between Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso in a few hours!

#2237 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:44

Yet another mechanical failure!

#2238 peroa

peroa

• 8,985 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:53

Yet another mechanical failure!

I don't think it's another one, it's the same from Japan carried over to here.

#2239 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 6,852 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:54

How did McLaren not spot this issue? Sigh.

Incompetence, or worse?

Advertisement

#2240 F1FAN013

F1FAN013

• 120 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:00

Incompetence, or worse?

It's just a joke watching it this morning. At least he had a good battle with Kimi.

#2241 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:04

Incompetence, or worse?

:well: im just speechless at how bad they have actually become , its embarrissing.

#2242 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:09

Championship completely dead now guys. What a huge opportunity wasted this year.

#2243 Vic Vega

Vic Vega

• 196 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:18

He's simulating next year's pace?

#2244 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,951 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:45

He's simulating next year's pace?

No but McLaren is...

#2245 Junky

Junky

• 299 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:45

It was a turf race for you Lewis.

#2246 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:47

Was so so bad that become funny.

His cars was dacing on straights even until the astro turf !! :eek:

#2247 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,120 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:48

How many Ali G references in the post race interview?

#2248 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 2,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:49

I don't think it's another one, it's the same from Japan carried over to here.

Yeah probably,jesus what hell was that car even on straights he was correcting !

#2249 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:50

At least that flailing astro turf lightened my mood.

Praise his holy name, Jesus my Lord and saviour, Hamilton is leaving this team.

#2250 Coral

Coral

• 2,842 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:50

Well that was just painful to watch, I was embarrassed. Poor Lewis, there was absolutely nothing he could do, the car was just horrible. :cry:

I can't describe just how happy I am that Lewis is leaving this joke of a team. Mercedes might not have the best car, but it surely can't get any worse than this. :|